• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
"But he did!" James gestured to Remus. "He stepped on Remus' foot, called him a dog, and then mocked him! He was mean."

“Yea! It’s all true!” Sirius chimed in. Lily scoffed and furrowed her brows. “And why should I believe you Sirius Black? I’ve heard the bad things the girls have said about you!” she said. Sirius just grinned and winked, “Guilty as charged,” he said. Lily pouted and was not amused. “I don’t appreciate you spreading rumors about Severus, James!” Lily told him.

James scoffed. "It's not a rumor! Tell her, Remus."

Remus looked at the table, feeling like he would like it to bite him in half. "I... I don't want to cause any problems."

“Potter! I’d like to eat in peace, please!” Lily said, disgruntled. “How can you eat knowing that stupid Snape is a jerk? He’s evil!” Sirius said. “He’s not evil!” Lily replied indignantly.

James slumped in his seat. "Fine! I don't know why I would lie to you, but fine. Don't believe me. See where it gets you."

“I don’t need you to choose my friends thank you very much,” huffed Lily, sticking her chin up and away from James indignantly. She was right- boys were so stupid.

James put down his silverware and left the Great Hall. How did Lily not see that Snape was bad? Why did Remus refuse to defend himself?

Remus flinched. "James!"

Lily huffed and looked away as James suddenly left the Great Hall. This certainly hadn’t gone as planned in Sirius’ mind. This was a mess.

Sirius frowned at Remus. He didn’t know what to do. This wasn’t what he had planned. Why didn’t Lily Evans see that Severus Snape was an evil jerk and that James Potter was boyfriend material? Lily tried to return to eating but suddenly she didn’t have much of an appetite. Her stomach churned thinking about those mean things James and Sirius had said about her friend Severus.

Remus slowly stood up. Maybe talking to him would make it better? Or should James be left alone? He never had a friend before. And now that friend was mad.

As Remus slowly stood up, Sirius did too. “Wait,” he said. “I’m going to talk to him too,” he said, feeling like he was partly to blame for this all.

Remus nodded and walked out, trying to sniff James out. He didn't really have to, since James was pacing in front of the doorway of the Great Hall. He kept cracking his knuckles, muttering to himself.

Sirius followed Remus although he didn’t know how far and to where James had gone. It didn’t take them too long to find him though as they saw James looking stressed outside of the doorway.

"James...?" Remus slowly approached.

James looked up at Remus. "Why did you do that?"

"What--"

"Why do you never defend yourself? If you had defended yourself, then Lily would've believed me."

Remus blinked.

James was right. For whatever reason Remus didn’t defend himself against the great injustice he suffered at the hands of Snape. Because of it, it made Sirius and most of all, James look silly and cruel. Sirius shifted his weight uncomfortably since he did agree with James. Remus was in the wrong. He didn’t defend himself like he should’ve and down played how bad Snape really was to him. “James is right, Remus,”

Remus looked between the two of them. "Look, I'm sorry! I didn't realize she was going to do that!"

"That's not what I asked, Remus." James crossed his arms.

“Yea Remus. Why did you do it? Or not do it?” Sirius asked. “We all know what Snape said was horrible. Why didn’t you defend yourself? Why did you lie and diminish it?” Sirius asked. “Remus, Severus is awful. You can’t let him treat you like that!”

Remus felt like he was being backed into a corner. He didn't like that. The wolf didn't like it. "Look! Not all of us can afford to get into fights and make enemies! Some of us need to keep our heads down so we get to be here. Just because you've always been promised Hogwarts doesn't mean that everyone has!" He froze. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean that. I'm sorry."

Sirius was rather stunned by Remus’ sudden outburst. He hadn’t known the quiet and meek boy to ever get this loud. After letting that digest, Sirius spoke. “Remus, we’re only trying to protect you. We have your best interests in mind. You’re our best mate,” he told him.

James frowned. "Why would you be expelled for standing up for yourself?"

Remus cursed every moment of his life. Because he was a werewolf and if he did anything slightly wrong, Dumbledore would regret taking a chance on him and send him back to his father. If he was lucky. "I'm muggle-born. No one's going to burn the school down if I'm kicked out."

“Yea! You’ve got the right to defend yourself you know!” Sirius said. “And Remus don’t speak like that! Just because you’re a muggle born doesn’t mean you’re any less than anyone else!”

“Well I don’t care what they say! I don’t want you gone. I’d burn down the school if you weren’t here!” Sirius said.

Remus flushed. "You don't mean that."

"He means that and I agree." James crossed his arms. "Whoever told you you have to be a doormat to make it to Hogwarts lied!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back