• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Farmhouse Dream { The Last of Us 1x1 with icedthemoon }

Nathaniel Matthews, Carlos Price, Asher McCoy, Ezekiel Finch, and Theophilus Sharpe (and the Smith Clan)
Former Firefly, Aspiring Artist, Former Hunter, Former Seraphite, Former WLF | 21, 25, 32, 29, 25 | Current location ;; Wyoming

“Don’t get used to me knowing things! It doesn’t happen that often!” Nate laughed as he wandered around attempting to find anything. He found himself in the kitchen around Kaleb at some point. He was aware that they had no good, but he was not to worried about that. “I agree. When everyone is done, I think we should go into town and eat a real meal. That was so good yesterday.” He moved through the kitchen and into the little room past. “Oh! Oh it’s a whole cleaning room! This is exactly what we needed. It’s got everything we could ever desire. Or well, okay not really, but it has the bones, you know?” As Kaleb disappeared to bathe, he called over to Alex. “This is how we make sure we don’t live in grime anymore. It’s perfect.” He ran up the stairs to grab his clothes so that when Kaleb was done, he could be ready. Carlos at some point had woken up too. He stood at the stairs looking a bit lost but still happy. “We have running water, the sun is beautiful, and I can clean clothes. You’re after me!” Carlos was in their room when Kaleb made it to them. “Hey beautiful. It’s been a moment since I saw those clean locks.” Nate ran to the bath and took longer than both of the other two because of his very many distractions.

Alexander Brennan, Kaleb Price, Jordan DeShay, Kaiden Lachlan and Elijah Lewis (and the Smith Clan)
Former Seraphite, Former FEDRA officer, Former Smuggler, Former WLF, Former Seraphite | 19, 27, 30, 26, 27 | Current location ;; Wyoming

Alex had chuckled hearing that but simply shook his head as he’d left. Kaleb looked at Nate when he’d entered the kitchen and nodded as well. Once he went upstairs, he saw Carlos wide awake and smiled at him. “You’ll get to see them much more often now love.” Kaleb said as he got dressed while Alex was downstairs. “Sounds good to me. I saw a clothesline outside through the window so we can dry our clothes outside and perhaps there’s a way we can get more. There must be some kind of clothing place in the town.” Alex said a few moments before Nate left to grab his clothes. He sat at the table waiting while Kaleb smiled and walked over to Carlos. “How’d you sleep last night love?” Kaleb asked.

Nathaniel Matthews, Carlos Price, Asher McCoy, Ezekiel Finch, and Theophilus Sharpe (and the Smith Clan)
Former Firefly, Aspiring Artist, Former Hunter, Former Seraphite, Former WLF | 21, 25, 32, 29, 25 | Current location ;; Wyoming

“I slept like nothing bad has ever happened to us.” He yawned wide, arms outstretched, and then nodded. “Doesn’t mean I couldn’t sleep another eighty hours.” He rubbed his stomach. “And I am hungry. Are we going to go see what meals they have for us this morning?” He would have loved to wrap his arms around Kaleb, maybe gotten a little distracted, but he didn’t want to ruin that nice bath of his. Not yet anyway. Nate came running up the stairs. Apparently he only ran now. He knocked on the door, called, “It’s your turn, big guy!” and the sound of his quick footfalls disappeared down the stairs again. Carlos laughed. “I guess we can continue this conversation later?” He grabbed his last pair of clean clothes and made it way to the bathroom just as Nate was zipping by yelling, “Oh oh oh!” and disappearing out the front door. “Handsome, what did you do to him? I thought he was the down to earth one.” He took his bath as well.

Last edited:
Alexander Brennan, Kaleb Price, Jordan DeShay, Kaiden Lachlan and Elijah Lewis (and the Smith Clan)
Former Seraphite, Former FEDRA officer, Former Smuggler, Former WLF, Former Seraphite | 19, 27, 30, 26, 27 | Current location ;; Wyoming

Kaleb smiled as he heard that and it made him happy. “I’m glad you slept well. And yes, once you bathe, we’ll go see what they have for food.” Kaleb said as he moved to the door. “And before we leave, you get to re-wrap my leg.” Kaleb said, startled a moment later by the knock. “Yeah. Now go get clean love.” Kaleb said as he made his way downstairs, narrowly missing Nate as he ran to the front door. Alex heard Nate, chuckled before he heard Carlos. “I didn’t do a thing that would cause that.” He said. All the noise outside their room and his rumbling stomach woke Jordan who blinked bleary eyes at Asher. A loud yawn and a groan slipped out as he woke up more. “Good morning gorgeous.” Jordan said, a warm smile like he used to have on his face.

Carlos’ bath was also a little longer than Alex’s or Kaleb’s but it was not nearly as long as Nate’s. He finished and exited the bathroom in time to see Nate once again zooming his way through the house. “Now I know you were lying to me handsome. You had to have done something.” He wrapped an arm around Alex’s shoulders and kissed his temple. “I bet you would make me proud.” He slipped away and towards Kaleb. “Baby, I will be right back with wraps, okay?” He moved back up the stairs to grab the supplies since they had yet to parse them out throughout the house in more appropriate places than their backpacks and made it back to Kaleb. “You ready?” Asher watched Jordan sleep the entire time he was awake without him. He ran his hands through that beautiful hair and rubbed his arms. He smiled as wide as Asher ever did at his partner’s waking. “Hey, lovebug.” He held back the somewhat unruly hair that came with nights like they had and sleeping. He loved that smile. It was such a gorgeous smile. Gorgeous like him.

Alex was busy watching Nate zooming around as he heard Carlos and snorted a laugh as he felt the arm around his shoulder and the kiss to his temple. “I’m sure you’d love to know just what I did.” Alex commented as he watched Carlos slip away and head to Kaleb. Kaleb had sat at the table and looked at Carlos. “Okay.” He said and when Carlos came back, he nodded. “I’m ready.” Kaleb told him with a smile. Jordan felt the hand run through his hair and rub on his arms. Jordan’s eyes held nothing but love as he looked at Asher. “How did you sleep my love?” Jordan asked as he leaned forward and kissed Asher gently a moment after he asked. Just because he wanted to. He missed him a lot. They hadn’t had a night like last night in months and it was the best night and best sleep Jordan had in a while.

“My love, can you believe that Handsome won’t tell me what he did to make our stoic and most reasonable Nate act like that?” Carlos knelt down and wrapped up Kaleb’s leg just how Jacob showed them yesterday. Not too tight and not too loose. It took him a moment since he hadn’t done that before. From afar, they could hear Nate. “Would you stop interrogating him? I am fine.” And when he was certain that was not enough to pacify him, he added, “I have a lot of things to do. Not everyone takes forever to wake up. I needed to learn the property. How can I properly plan what we can do if we don’t know what we have?” In their room, door still closed, Asher rubbed tiny concentric circles on Jordan’s forearm. The kiss took his breath away like it used to. Like it was supposed to. “Better than I have in a very long time,” he answered truthfully. “You slept better. I could feel it.” He ran his hand down the length of Jordan. He could always tell, even when they were on opposite sides of the bed. Even when they were mostly on their own. He spent his every moment knowing it.

Kaleb chuckled as he watched Carlos wrap his leg up again. “No I can’t believe that. How dare he.” Kaleb said as Alex snorted a laugh, hearing Nate and Carlos’ words as he sat on the couch, waiting for everyone. “Oh come love, should we tell them all about our night?” Alex said, laughing as he smiled. He wouldn’t, but he wasn’t going to pass up the chance to tease Nate. Jordan felt the tiny circles on his forearm. “I’m glad you slept better. I definitely slept so much better. I missed you so much. And you are never sleeping away from me again. I’ll wrap you up in my arms every night.” Jordan said, smiling warmly. “Should we join the others and get some food? I’m starving. Especially after last night.” Jordan said with a small laugh. A real one.

Nate was the color of a beet the moment Alex’s words hit his ears. “Uh. Um. Uh?” His speed cut to slow motion, and he moved to the couch as Carlos finished Kaleb’s wrap. “How about we don’t?” Carlos laughed at the awkward that was Nate and sighed. “Sweet baby Medicine Man, I can guarantee for a fact that there is nothing that you have done that I have not. There’s nothing to be embarrassed about.” Nate groaned. How was this so easy for literally everyone who was not him? He plopped onto the couch and buried his face in Alex’s chest. Asher let out a little laugh. “So I’m not sleeping on the couch anymore?” He did not do that all the time, but some days he just couldn’t take the distance between them. There was this dark, endless chasm of a pit that sucked in everything. It was cold and lonely on his side of that bed. He moved to the couch a handful of times. There were even times he didn’t even go into the room. There were times he didn’t go home. The couch was the nicest of the options when it came to what he did to survive those endlessly lonely nights. “Come on. Let’s go get some breakfast. Show off that glow in you again.”

Alex and Kaleb both started laughing at Nate’s reaction. It was so awkwardly adorable that it was funny. The moment Nate sat on the couch with him, Alex wrapped an arm around him and kissed the top of his head. “Don’t worry baby, I won’t tell them what you did.” He said, a teasing grin on his face as he chuckled. Jordan looked at Asher and shook his head. “Nope. You are going to sleep where you belong. In my arms. Where you should’ve been all along.” Jordan said, remembering the nights where he’d wake up and Asher would be gone or the sheets weren’t even moved on his side of the bed. And the days when he came out and he wasn’t even in the couch hurt the most. But no more. Jordan smiled, kissed Asher once more before he nodded and moved to detach from his partner enough to get up and grab his jacket. It was getting cooler in Jackson in the mornings. He held out a hand and smiled. “Come on gorgeous.” He said happily.

Last edited:

That only made him groan more. Somehow, the implication that Nate did anything made it worse even though everyone knew, and no one cared. No one. He was the only one who struggled with this. “You’re all lucky that I love you all.” If he didn’t love them, this would probably have been the kind of mortifying that meant he would never come back. Thankfully, this was not the case. Carlos stayed by Kaleb so as not to upset the very small balance that they currently had. “Mm, I think I hear our friends on their way.” Asher took that hand and got out of the bed. Before he did anything else, he wrapped his arms around Jordan and kissed him just because he wanted to. When was the last time that he did that? “I love you, lovebug.” He always had and he always would. He considered reaching for his jacket, but that was going to take him away from Jordan, and he would rather used his arms to shield him from the chilly morning than use a jacket anyway. He pushed open the door and headed to the living area where the rest were. “You guys having a party that we weren’t invited to?” he asked as he walked out with Jordan hand in hand.

Last edited:

Alex and Kaleb both chuckled and Alex kissed the top of his head again and rubbed his side. “We love you too baby.” He said with a smile. Kaleb had stood up and held onto Carlos as he heard him and then the door opened and the other two came out. Just before they did, Jordan felt the arms wrapped around him and the kiss took his breath away like all the best ones did. “I love you too gorgeous.” He said, before they walked out hand in hand and Jordan grinned feeling and looking like his old self. “Well now that the life of the party has shown up, can we go get some food?” Kaleb asked with a teasing grin towards Jordan before smiling warmly at Asher. He was so glad to see them looking like they used to. Like how they were back when Kaleb first met them.

At the arrival of the last two of the family, Nate sat up and then eventually stood up. He reached for Alex’s hand. Carlos smiled at the two who joined them. They looked so much better than they did yesterday. He doubted that every little thing would be fixed, but this was a wonderful start. “I don’t remember how to get where we need to get, so our guides need to come guide us.” Asher stopped them a little bit away from the rest. He took Jordan’s face in his hands. “It is okay not to be okay. If you get tired of being happy, you can tell me. We can go. If you need a break. If you need to yell or scream or punch something, you can tell me.” He smiled. “Okay, so maybe that part is me but still. Tell me when it hurts.” He lowered his voice and whispered, “And when those demons come, I will take care of them. They don’t get to touch you anymore.” Carlos, more aware than he was going to let on, called over to them, “Are you two done flirting? Some of us are actually wasting away right now.”

Alex stood up a moment after Nate did, taking his hand happily. Kaleb looked at the other two and smiled. Jordan looked at Asher when he felt him take his face in his hands. “Okay.” He was okay. For now. “Okay.” He smiled warmly, nothing hiding away. “If anything hurts or my demons show up, you’ll be the first to know. Always you.” Jordan replied, before he heard Carlos. “Okay beautiful, we can’t have you wasting away. Come on everyone.” Jordan said, moving from Asher and taking his hand in his. Jordan led the way out of the farmhouse, Kaleb using Carlos as support if he needed it but mostly walking on his own, and Alex had Nate’s hand and followed the other two pairs out, shutting the door behind them.

Nate and Carlos followed after Jordan and Asher along with their partners. Asher held onto Jordan’s hand like it might disappear if he let it go. He turned to look back at the rest as they walked Jordan. “Did we have additional plans? I don’t know what we would have been doing if you hadn’t come.” Probably sulking somewhere. Likely out on his own in some woods. Shooting something likely. That was not exactly what he wanted to do anymore. “I have a list!” Nate chimed in. “Of things we are going to need to obtain for sustainable living. And productive living. Though I am not sure how we can get all of these things. I assume we are not a currency based community since it appears to be the true meaning of a commune. Therefore, I am going to presume we are working on a trading system. Which means that I would also like to determine the various goods that we can trade and determine the potential values that these goods may have for specific individuals. I am thinking that maybe we create some for of list or record, though I am going to need something to keep that in.” Asher blinked a few times and let out a breath. “Ooh boy, okay, right. Babe, he’s all yours.” Carlos patted Nate on the back as they left through their gate, closed it, and made it to the town. He leaned over to Alex. “You awoke the crazy in him? That’s adorable.”

As they walked, Jordan went to answer when he spoke and then Nate started talking. Alex listened as he chuckled, hearing Nate with a smile on his face. “You have the whole system figured out don’t you baby.” Alex said as they made it through the gate and shut the door. Jordan heard Asher after Nate finished and shook his head. “I take no responsibility for him.” Jordan said as they made it to the large wooden gate and entered the town. Alex looked at Carlos and smirked with a chuckle. “I couldn’t help it.” He said as they walked towards the cafeteria.

“It isn’t crazy if it works,” Nate stated as they walked down the street. “I have to have it figured out. You haven’t traveled like I have. My mama taught me to learn the communities first when we went anywhere. If we wanted to learn what we needed to, we had to understand the people with the information.” Asher opened the door to the cafeteria and stayed there to keep it open for each of them as they entered. Nate was still going. Asher was never going to have to talk again. He could not tell if this was great or terrible. Maybe both. “Grab a seat. I’m going to grab us some breakfast.” He pulled Jordan close to him. “Come with me?” He let the door close after they were all inside. Carlos led the rest inside, getting mildly distracted by saying hi to literally everyone they passed. He wanted to know the town.

Alexander Brennan, Kaleb Price, Jordan DeShay, Kaiden Lachlan, Elijah Lewis and Cameron Harris (and the Smith Clan)
Former Seraphite, Former FEDRA officer, Former Smuggler, Former WLF, Former Seraphite, Former Firefly | 19, 27, 30, 26, 27, 23 | Current location ;; Wyoming

Alex was more than happy to listen to Nate as he walked, even as they entered the cafeteria. As they did, Kaleb scanned the cafeteria for their family but it seemed as though they were the first ones there. Kaleb basically dragged Carlos to a table as did Alex. Jordan looked at Asher and smiled. “Of course.” Jordan said, following Asher. The door swung open a moment later revealing Kai and Eli, their partners with them. And behind them walked a pair of men. The black haired one surveyed the area with sharp green eyes as they fell on a familiar brown haired young adult with some new people. Kai led the way over to his new family while Cameron paused, before stepping in further. “Nathaniel?” Cam asked as he walked closer, eyes narrowed as he studied the person who looked similar to the kid he’d spent time with in San Francisco during those boring meetings with his parents.

Nathaniel Matthews, Carlos Price, Asher McCoy, Ezekiel Finch, Theophilus Sharpe, and Emmett Adler (and the Smith Clan)
Former Firefly, Aspiring Artist, Former Hunter, Former Seraphite, Former WLF, Former Firefly | 21, 25, 32, 29, 25, 24 | Current location ;; Wyoming

Asher almost felt like he was getting away with something, sneaking off with his partner like they weren’t an established pair. But this renewed relationship felt like it was literally new. And with being new, he also felt like it could end if he didn’t do things right. Ezekiel and Theo split with their partners to grab breakfasts as well, running into Asher and Jordan. Asher looked over to see that yes, the family was beginning to appear. He nodded his acknowledgements to the newcomers and started bringing over the many meals. At the table, Carlos loudly greeted Kai and Eli. “Come join us!” Nate was temporarily not rambling about something and was considering starting up again when he heard his name. His full name. That was odd. He turned his attention behind him and face a man who seemed familiar. Did he know this guy? That seemed unlikely given where they were, but stranger things had happened. They found so many people that Alex knew. He copied the man’s expression, narrowed eyes as he tried to remember. Oh! “Cameron?” As in San Francisco from many years ago? Huh, the odds of that were amazing. “Will wonders never cease?” His eyes moved to the man walking alongside him. That one he did not recognize he didn’t think.

Alexander Brennan, Kaleb Price, Jordan DeShay, Kaiden Lachlan, Elijah Lewis and Cameron Harris (and the Smith Clan)
Former Seraphite, Former FEDRA officer, Former Smuggler, Former WLF, Former Seraphite, Former Firefly | 19, 27, 30, 26, 27, 23 | Current location ;; Wyoming

Kai and Eli made their way to the table, with Eli sitting beside Alex and Kai sitting beside Carlos. “Hey! So how was your first night here?” Kai asked Carlos, finding his energy similar to Theo’s. Jordan helped Asher start bringing meals over while Alex watched the two men who’d come over. “Hey man! How’ve you been? It’s been how long since I last saw you? How’s your family?” He asked, not knowing what had happened to the two kids with Nate or his mother. “Oh! How silly of me. Nate, this is Emmett, my partner.” Cam said, introducing Emmett to his old friend. A few minutes passed and the older men showed up. Jacob and Josh with their partners. Josh moving at Hayden’s pace as always.

Last edited:
Nathaniel Matthews, Carlos Price, Asher McCoy, Ezekiel Finch, Theophilus Sharpe, and Emmett Adler (and the Smith Clan)
Former Firefly, Aspiring Artist, Former Hunter, Former Seraphite, Former WLF, Former Firefly | 21, 25, 32, 29, 25, 24 | Current location ;; Wyoming

“Fabulous,” Carlos answered as the various partners arrived with many meals. “I think this is the best thing we have ever done.” He placed a hand on Kaleb’s leg and smiled. Nate breathed in a deep breath before kind of awkwardly answering, “Well, you know, dead.” Thankfully he didn’t have much time to think about that because Carlos was interrupting. “Mm, but Medicine Man! Introduce us to your new friend!” Nate was still a little bewildered but was catching up quickly. “Everyone, this is Cameron. I knew him… gosh, I don’t know how long ago. We were Fireflies. I don’t know if I knew Emmett though? Were you also..?” Emmett nodded. “Yes, sir. Born and raised in it. Like you?” Nate nodded. “Just like me. Cameron. Huh, it’s been so long. Hm, this is Alex. He’s my partner. And these are all of my very large family.” Very many people waved though many already knew these two. Soren placed his hand on Josh’s shoulder. “Take a seat. Theo and I can get all of our breakfasts.” And so they did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back