• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Farmhouse Dream { The Last of Us 1x1 with icedthemoon }

Nathaniel Matthews, Carlos Price, Asher McCoy, Ezekiel Finch, Theophilus Sharpe, and Emmett Adler (and the Smith Clan)
Former Firefly, Aspiring Artist, Former Hunter, Former Seraphite, Former WLF, Former Firefly | 21, 25, 32, 29, 25, 24 | Current location ;; Wyoming

Carlos sat very still as Jordan joined him on the horse. “Oh, hello then,” he said as the arms wrapped around him. He placed his foot back in the stirrup and did as he was told. “See, I wasn’t too far off.” He headed towards the road and then decided he would be mildly adventurous. “So, how do we go a little faster? Do I press harder? Are there commands?”

“Take care of him for me?” Nate asked Cam as he winked at Alex. Then he turned around and left. He made it out of the stables and started to retrace his steps. Of course, he was the one who got lost very quickly, so it took very little time for him to find himself in the middle of a street and absolutely no idea where he was. Great. There were so many people. One of them could probably help him. Probably.

Asher nodded. “That’s about it. You’re new, so they’ll get you something. They gave us plenty to start off with, but that was before we were wary of new people.” He thought for a moment and tried again. “No one can do everything. I hunt. Mostly. Because cows are nice but sometimes we need more food. And by sometimes, I mean always. We are a growing community. So I go out and hunt and bring back deer and the like. I give it to him.” He pointed back to the butcher’s shop. “There’s not a lot I can do for her,” pointing to the clothing boutique, “but that doesn’t mean I don’t get clothes. It does mean that I learn that her favorite desert is a good Key Lime Pie and I figure out how to procure that from the bakery,” another gesture, “which could be a number of things. Sometimes it’s doing favors or fixing things. All sort of depends really.”

Alexander Brennan, Kaleb Price, Jordan DeShay, Kaiden Lachlan, Elijah Lewis and Cameron Harris (and the Smith Clan)
Former Seraphite, Former FEDRA officer, Former Smuggler, Former WLF, Former Seraphite, Former Firefly | 19, 27, 30, 26, 27, 23 | Current location ;; Wyoming

Jordan chuckled as he heard that. “Okay speedy, let’s get out of the town first. Once you do, then we can go a little faster up the trail. You just need to press your heels in a little more and make a clicking noise with your mouth. Oh and hold on.” Jordan said as he held onto Carlos.

Cam grinned and nodded. “I will.” He said. Meanwhile, Jacob was headed through town after doing a house call on an older woman named Jane. He saw Nate in the center of town, looking lost. “Well. Hello there Nate. You need some help getting somewhere?” Jacob called out as he walked towards him.

Kaleb nodded as he thought about that. Hmm. Perhaps Kaleb could hunt, or he should just patrol. “I see. That makes sense. I bet Carlos could trade his art for stuff, he’s really good at it. As for me.. maybe you could show me how to hunt?” Kaleb asked, wanting to be a productive member of the community too.

Nathaniel Matthews, Carlos Price, Asher McCoy, Ezekiel Finch, Theophilus Sharpe, and Emmett Adler (and the Smith Clan)
Former Firefly, Aspiring Artist, Former Hunter, Former Seraphite, Former WLF, Former Firefly | 21, 25, 32, 29, 25, 24 | Current location ;; Wyoming

Carlos sat up straighter. “I am very speedy, thank you.” He moved them down the road and turned left towards the gate. “Hold on? I didn’t say we were going to go racing. Just like a nice.. quicker speed. A um… wait I know this.. um. Trot? Sure.” They made it through the gate and onto the path. Okay speedy time. He pressed in with his heels and clicked. There was a moment where he was thinking this was great, because yes they were moving faster, but then they were moving even faster, and instead of being reasonable, he panicked and constricted his limbs which in turn pressed even harder. Before he knew it, they were not trotted.

Wandering a town was not unusual for Nate. He wandered all the time. He was known for wandering. He got lost everywhere he went. He got lost in places that he knew. When Jacob appeared, Nate smiled. “Hi. Hello, yes, I am lost.” It was a statement that did not even make him worry anymore. “You’ll get used to this. Um, actually, I was coming to see you. If you aren’t busy? Or maybe when you are busy. I would like to be helpful, but my skills are not suited for horses.” He looked back in the direction of the stables. “I think I would like to be Medicine Man again.”

Asher had not really thought about Carlos’ art being something that he did. It was not necessarily the most practical use of time, which was why Asher was unaware of the option, but yeah, Kaleb was right. “He probably could even set up a little art shop down one of these strips. People would probably love to have more decorations. Or maybe even he could join some of the other artists? Not sure.” He pulled out of those thoughts as Kaleb considered what he might do. “I can, though it isn’t much different than what you already do. That’s why I hunt now. It is very similar to what I did when I… when…” he breathed. “When I was in Pittsburgh. Just using those skills for better reasons now.”

Alexander Brennan, Kaleb Price, Jordan DeShay, Kaiden Lachlan, Elijah Lewis and Cameron Harris (and the Smith Clan)
Former Seraphite, Former FEDRA officer, Former Smuggler, Former WLF, Former Seraphite, Former Firefly | 19, 27, 30, 26, 27, 23 | Current location ;; Wyoming

Jordan laughed softly as he held onto Carlos. “Is that so?” He said as he rested his head on the other’s shoulders. As they left the town, Jordan heard the click and then Thunder moved faster into a trot, but then he was up to a canter and then faster. Jordan felt Carlos panic, he could feel the tension. With ease, Jordan slid his hands up Carlos’ arms to his hands and held them, pulling back on the reins with a sharp “Whoa!” And a second later he slid a hand up his arm and wrapped around his torso. “Carlos, breathe. Relax.”

Jacob saw the smile on Nate’s face when he appeared. A chuckle came out as he nodded, hearing him. He reminded him of Logan, his twin was just as good at getting lost too. The only place he never got lost was at his work. Jacob was pulled from the past as he heard Nate saw he was looking for him. “I’m not busy, just got done with a house call. Come on, I can always use another medic.” Jacob said, smiling and turning to head towards the medical building.

Kaleb nodded as he smiled, hearing that. “He’d love doing something like that. Having a little shop for his art? He’d be ecstatic.” Kaleb said as he smiled, thinking of his partner. He looked over at Asher and sighed. “Well, it’s all I know, that and patrolling.” Kaleb said with a shrug of his shoulders. He didn’t have something that was his. Alex had the stables, Nate had medicine, and Carlos had his art. What did Kaleb have? A useless past of guarding a zone. How was that worth anything?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back