• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Farmhouse Dream { The Last of Us 1x1 with icedthemoon }

Alexander Brennan, Kaleb Price, Jordan DeShay, Kaiden Lachlan, Elijah Lewis and Cameron Harris (and the Smith Clan)
Former Seraphite, Former FEDRA officer, Former Smuggler, Former WLF, Former Seraphite, Former Firefly | 19, 27, 30, 26, 27, 23 | Current location ;; Wyoming

Jordan chuckled at Carlos’ enthusiasm at the idea of the baby horses. “They aren’t born yet, but when they are, we’ll be ready for them.” Jordan said as he helped Asher gather plates and clean the table while Jacob nodded, listening to Hayden. “You have some great ideas Nate. I think we’ll all work well together.” Jacob said as he moved from the table. Josh got up, kissed Hayden and moved off. He had a patrol that morning. Alex and Cam stood up while Eli and Kai made to head out as well. “Theo. Patrol. We’ve got the creek trails today.” Kai said as Eli headed out after kissing Theo to make his way got the school for the day. Cam looked at Nate and smiled. “Of course. It was nice to see you again too.” Cameron said as he headed to his job in town. Alex would follow Jordan to the stables with the others, with Kaleb using Carlos for support.

Nathaniel Matthews, Carlos Price, Asher McCoy, Ezekiel Finch, Theophilus Sharpe, and Emmett Adler (and the Smith Clan)
Former Firefly, Aspiring Artist, Former Hunter, Former Seraphite, Former WLF, Former Firefly | 21, 25, 32, 29, 25, 24 | Current location ;; Wyoming

Ezekiel caught Kai’s arm and pulled him close. “Be careful.” He kissed him and turned to Theo. “You take care of him.” Theo nodded and Ezekiel left with Hayden and Jacob. Emmett left with Cameron to eventually move on to his job as well. Soren wrapped his arms around Jacob like he always did, gathering him in his arms and kissing him like they were young again. “We’ll be back later.” He turned to Hayden. “I will keep him safe. You guys have fun with your horses.” Asher took Jordan’s hand, something he planned on doing far more often now, “Okay, party people. Let’s get moving.” Carlos nodded, practically running out. “Baby horses!” he exclaimed again. Nate was laughing as well as they left the building.

Alexander Brennan, Kaleb Price, Jordan DeShay, Kaiden Lachlan, Elijah Lewis and Cameron Harris (and the Smith Clan)
Former Seraphite, Former FEDRA officer, Former Smuggler, Former WLF, Former Seraphite, Former Firefly | 19, 27, 30, 26, 27, 23 | Current location ;; Wyoming

Kai looked at Ezekiel when he caught his arm and pulled him close. He smiled into the kiss and nodded. “I will.” He replied, as he and Theo headed out to get their horses and head to the main gate. Jacob smiled at the hug and kissed Soren back. “Stay safe. I don’t wanna see you as a patient today, either of you.” Jacob replied before he left with Ezekiel and Hayden. Jordan squeezed the hand that Asher took as they headed out. Jordan chuckled at Carlos’ enthusiasm. They did have a few yearlings in the barn that would be used for patrols. He was also going to give Carlos his horse, he used Joel’s now for patrols. Alex and Kaleb both laughed softly at Carlos as they followed Jordan and Asher out and to the stables.

Nathaniel Matthews, Carlos Price, Asher McCoy, Ezekiel Finch, Theophilus Sharpe, and Emmett Adler (and the Smith Clan)
Former Firefly, Aspiring Artist, Former Hunter, Former Seraphite, Former WLF, Former Firefly | 21, 25, 32, 29, 25, 24 | Current location ;; Wyoming

Carlos skipped along the street, holding onto Kaleb but occasionally letting go to run off and talk to someone that was nearby. By the end of the week, he was sure that he would know everyone. Nate had about a thousand questions for everyone but decided that now was not really the time for that. He tried to rein Carlos back in, but that was not really his forte. Asher nodded to the people in charge and let them know what was going on. Then there were the stables. “Who wants to meet some horses?” The answer was Carlos. He wanted to meet all of the horses.

Kaleb chuckled as he watched Carlos all but act like an excited child and it made him happy. Somehow he had a feeling that the town was all going to know Carlos by the end of the week, if it took that long. Alex walked beside Nate, taking in the town with a smile on his face. As they got to the stables, Jordan pushed the door open. “Okay beautiful, you need to be calm here okay? No loud movements or motions. Don’t want to scare them now do we?” Jordan said as he led them down to the farthest stalls. The last four had the four pregnant mares. “Okay. So the first one is Buttercup. Beside her is Lilac.” Jordan said as the two mares hung their heads over the stall doors. Buttercup was a golden palomino while Lilac was a blue roan. “On the other side we have Juniper and Daisy.” He said pointing to the two mares on the other side. Juniper was a black mare and Daisy was a black and white paint. Alex was drawn to Juniper, she reminded him of Belle. The horse from the island he used to ride when he could. “Hello girl.” Alex said as the mare hung her head over the stall. He ran a hand down her face gently, a smile on his face. Kaleb was drawn to the roan, Lilac and was gently patting her neck as she sniffed his other hand.

Carlos could be calm. He knew how to be calm. He could do that. It wasn’t his fault that the world was so good. There were so many beautiful things in it. Things like horses. How did they not have horses before? He pulled at Kaleb’s arm as he was definitely calm and sucked in a deep breath. “They are the most majestic creatures I have ever seen.” He ran a hand down the neck of Lilac. Nate was hesitant not because he was afraid but because he remembered horses. He had ridden plenty. He had seen plenty. He remembered the ones he had ridden over the years with this mom. She was so good with them. The memory was a sad one now even if it was still a good memory. He observed from afar. Asher did not have strong opinions one way or another about horses. He was not especially moved by them, but he did like them. Sometimes he talked to them. He probably talked to them more now than he ever had since he and Jordan were less than their usual clingy. The horses were always going to listen and they weren’t going to judge him. He did appreciate that.

Jordan smiled before he gently tapped Carlos’ shoulder. “I’ve got a surprise for you beautiful. Come here.” He said, taking Carlos by the hand to lead him about four stalls down. Kaleb looked at Asher and smiled before he moved down to pat Buttercup. He couldn’t wait to see the foals from the mares. It was something that he was looking forward too. Alex looked at Nate and smiled. “Isn’t she beautiful?” He said, rubbing Juniper’s neck. The smile on his face was huge as the mare sniffed his shirt, looking for treats.

“A surprise?” Carlos curiously followed Jordan. What surprise could there possibly be in a stable like this? Honestly there could be many since he had never actually been to a place like this. Asher stepped up to Kaleb and grinned. “You like her? She’s a good girl.” strong opinions from Asher. Nate nodded to Alex. “She is.” He could see the horse his mama would ride all those years ago. They hadn’t had one for a long time, but for a while, their travel was faster.

Jordan stopped a stall where a big chestnut was hanging his head out. “This is Thunder. He was my horse until.. Joel passed. I took his horse and I’ve had them both for a few months. I haven’t used Thunder since and it’s not fair. He loves to go out. And Carlos? I want you to have him. He’ll take care of you.” Jordan said, rubbing Thunder’s neck lovingly. The big stallion shook his head and stretched his nose out to sniff at Carlos. Kaleb looked over at Asher and nodded. “She’s beautiful. They all are.” He said, a sense of awe in his voice. “I can’t wait to see their babies.” Kaleb added. Alex chuckled as Juniper kept searching him for treats. “Can you believe we’ll have horses? It’s one thing I’ve missed probably the most about my island.” Alex said softly.

Carlos followed mostly quietly and chilled. If he didn’t let himself get excited, maybe he wouldn’t be so excited. But they were beautiful. He was going to paint them. He knew it. He stopped with Jordan and listened. His eyes narrowed a little, his breath catching, and then his jaw went slack as he realized what Jordan was saying. “You want me to have your horse?” Carlos looked from Jordan to Thunder incredulously. He watched the nose twitch as the horse sniffed him. “I don’t even know how to ride a horse. Or take care of one.” His first real experience with one was the day prior. “But I would love to learn.” He grinned so wide it hurt Asher when he looked over. Carlos pulled Jordan in for a hug. “Thank you! You’re teaching me, right? Unless you’re busy, in which case, one of you boys has to teach me what to do.” He swiveled back around to look at Thunder. “You are the most beautiful creature in the entire world.” He ran his hand down his neck. “Don’t tell Kaleb,” he whispered with a laugh.

Nate was laughing by Alex as he listened but drew his attention back. “It is a bit unbelievable isn’t it?” He asked. “So we’re raising horses. Do we have somewhere to keep them or do they need to live here?” He wasn’t sure what the proper places would be for horses. He knew more about livestock, which was still not much, and only what he had gathered from the places they traveled.

Jordan nodded when he heard the words and smiled. He knew that these two would go well together. The grin on Carlos’ face made it worth it. And then he chuckled and hugged him back. “I’ll teach you everything about taking care of them. Just like I taught you other things.” Jordan told him with that big smile on his face still. Thunder snorted as he nuzzled Carlos’ side. Meanwhile Kaleb was busy with Buttercup who’d taken a liking to him. He had laid claim to her baby, little did he know that the father was Thunder. Jordan looked past Carlos and chuckled. “Your man has a good taste. Buttercup is carrying Thunder’s foal.” Jordan said, kind of loud.

Alex looked at Nate and hummed for a moment. “The barn looked big enough for them to be kept up there, but I haven’t checked it out yet. We may need to build onto it for the babies and the older horses that we’ve been given.” Alex said before he smiled. “Don’t worry love. I used to help in the stables, I’ll help you guys learn how to care for them properly okay?” Alex said as he laid claim to Juniper’s foal.

Carlos swiped his attention over to Kaleb and Buttercup and then laughed. “That is the most fortuitous thing in the entire world.” He walked up to Kaleb and pointed to the belly. “Love, that’s little Ireland right there. And you, my sweet, are going to be a mommy.” He kissed Kaleb’s cheek with another chuckle and bounded back to Jordan. “This is far more of a gift than I was expecting. Why are you so great?” He slid his arms around Jordan’s neck. “What do you say I pay you back when we’re done here? Show off some new tricks?”

Nate shook his head. “Oh I’m not worried. My worries do not reside with horses and their barns. I already know that you can build more into the rest if we need more space.” That was one of the reasons he was surveying the land this morning. The problem was that even if he knew the space, he didn’t know what everything required. This was some learning curve. “But also, really is there anything you can’t do? How did I get so lucky?”

Jordan chuckled as Carlos moved over to Kaleb, who had been patting Buttercup when he came over. His eyes widened as he heard the news and smiled at the kiss. “I can’t wait dear.” Kaleb said as he watched Carlos move back over to Jordan. The arms slid around his neck and he looked at Carlos, smiling. “Well. We can’t move these horses until the barn is completely ready, so.. I’d say we’re done myself. We can take Thunder up, and I can show you how to ride him. That way we can come back after for dinner. I’d love to see your new tricks.” Jordan said before he turned to Asher. “My love. We’re going to go to the house for a while, I’m sure you could drop Nate off with Jacob and Hayden, and Alex..” Jordan paused. “I’m sure he might not want to leave here just yet. But, oh look. Cameron is here. He can keep Alex company in the stables, perhaps put him to work. Then it’s you and Kaleb to do whatever you’d like. What do you say? Meet up at dinner time?” Jordan said.

Cameron froze at the sound of his name and looked up. “Oh hey guys!” He said, walking over. He was one of the stable hands for the horses. “Alex could help me around here if he like. And Nate can too if he’d like. We really should have more stable hands than we do.” Cam said as he smiled.

Alex looked at Nate and smiled wide. “I can handle the feed and stuff too. But in answer to your question. I don’t know. I ask myself the same thing.” He said before he turned, hearing Jordan and Cameron. “I’d like to stay here and help.” Alex said, but he wouldn’t mind if Nate wanted to go see Jacob and Hayden. Kaleb looked at the others and then at Asher. “A day alone with one of my favorite people? I wouldn’t say no to that.”

Asher rolled his eyes at Jordan and Carlos but decided that no, he liked that. He walked over to them and put a hand on Carlos’ shoulder. “Don’t tire him out too much.” He grabbed Jordan’s jaw and wrenched it towards him so that they were very, very close. “He’s mine tonight.” He grinned, tongue between his teeth. “See you at dinner, lovebug.” His fingers flew away and he sauntered towards Kaleb. “Nate, what’s the verdict? Are you here with your boy and the stables or are we finding your fellow nerds?”

Nate was not sure how to answer that. He felt that it would be practical to learn more about the horses, especially if they were going to be raising them at some point in the now actually foreseeable future. However, he also loved the idea of talking to the people who were going to really truly understand him. Alex could listen to him talk forever and would have any conversation with him, but that did not magically give him the knowledge that one would need to keep up with his science babble. “How about this. It’s still early in the morning, and I am sure that Hayden and Jacob have things they need to do such as their jobs, so why don’t I stick around here with you guys, learn some basics, and then I can find my way to them. I am sure someone can point it out to me. You don’t have to wait.”

Asher shrugged. “Works for me. Cameron.” He nodded to him in acknowledgment. “So.” He nudged Kaleb’s shoulder with his own. “What do you want to do today, cute one?”

Carlos was totally down with this plan. Absolutely for every part of it. “I feel that we have been dismissed,” he laughed. “Okay, beautiful. Let’s go.”

Jordan looked at Asher when he heard him talk to Carlos before his jaw was grabbed and wrenched towards him and he grinned. “I can’t wait for tonight then, see you at dinner gorgeous.” Jordan said as he felt Asher’s fingers move away as he went over to Kaleb. Jordan turned to grab his saddle and bridle, getting Thunder ready.

Alex waited with Cameron until they heard Nate’s answer. “Alright. Sounds good to me. We’re going to start with the stalls that are empty. Those would be the patrol horses that are out.” Cameron said as he led Nate and Alex to the center of the stable to grab the equipment to clean the stalls. It was easier done in the morning when many of the horses were out either in the paddocks or patrolling. Once there, he handed them the shovels and then led them to the first stall. “So we clean out the dirty bedding first and put it in the wheelbarrow. Then we replace it with fresh bedding, put hay in the racks on the stall wall and that’s it for now. Would you like me to do one and show you two first? This is the most boring step but it’s critical in keeping the horses healthy.” Cameron asked.

Kaleb looked at Asher and chuckled at the nudge to his shoulder. “Why don’t we check out the town? I’ve never been in a town that looks like a town and not you know.. abandoned or a zone.” Kaleb said with a smile.

Jordan pulled Thunder out and looked at Carlos. “Let’s go beautiful. You’re going to be controlling Thunder and I’ll be behind you, helping you.” Jordan said as he headed out of the stable with Thunder.

Last edited:

Carlos moved with Jordan after waving to the rest of the people. “Are you expecting me to know how to horse? Because I don’t know how to horse. You’re aware that yesterday was the first time I’d ever been on one, right? Or like… actually seen one? Like for real.” He liked to think he was pretty good at picking up new things, but he wasn’t sure he was so good that he could just tell a horse where to go.

Nate was trying to track all of this. These were things he was going to need to know for having horses. “Yes, please lead by example. That would be much appreciated. Dirty stuff in wheelbarrow, new stuff, hay over there. I think.” This was one of those in theory things. In theory he got it. In theory he understood what was happening. In theory.

That made a lot of sense. “You know, I didn’t think about that, but you wouldn’t have, would you? I hadn’t either I guess. Pittsburgh is nothing like this place.” He put out his arm to link with Kaleb’s. “I don’t miss it. At all. I did for a while, because it’s what I knew. And I thought I missed it when…” he was alone, “but I didn’t. I just missed not being so confused. This place is better. It’s very good. Way better than those abandoned towns.” He walked out of the stables and towards the rest of town. “We could even say it’s homely.”

Jordan chuckled at Carlos’ comment and nodded. “So, first things first, put your foot in the stirrup and get on him. Okay?” Jordan said, flipping the reins over Thunder’s head and looking at Carlos. “I’ll be right behind you, helping you. But I won’t get on until you’re comfortable up there first.” Jordan told him, rubbing Thunder’s neck.

Cameron looked at Alex and Nate and nodded. “Sure.” He said, setting to work. Every piece of dirty straw, he tossed in the wheelbarrow. It took a few minutes but once he was done, he set the shovel down and grabbed a thing of new bedding and spread it out. Then he grabbed some hay and put it in the feeder on the wall. “Did that help or should I do another?” Cam asked as Alex shook his head. “I understand myself.” He said, ready to get to work.

Kaleb linked his arm with Asher and chuckled as he shook his head. “Is it? I can’t wait to see this town then. I missed Denver itself for a little while when I first started traveling but it was mostly because I knew what to expect. But the idea of traveling became more intriguing. But I am happy to be here. I was ready to stop traveling after Washington and that whole issue.” Kaleb admitted as he looked around the town.

With the confession of the lack of knowledge out of the way, now it was time for that unwavering confidence that Carlos was so used to having. “Alright then. Getting on a horse. I did that yesterday, so I can probably do it again.” Foot in stirrup. Up and over. He shoved his foot in the stirrup, feeling like it was a bit awkward since it was facing the side unlike the rest of him, and then vaulted himself up and over. “You know, I think that was better than yesterday’s.” He shimmied a bit as he settled himself into the saddle. He fiddled with the reins and looked down at Jordan. “I feel that Thunder and I may actually be soulmates? This is going to be fine.” He reached forward and ran a hand down Thunder’s neck. “Isn’t that right?”

Nate was not the kind of person to quietly observe. In fact, he was very bad at that. His mama was excellent at that, and he got in so much trouble for the constant talking and questions. How are you supposed to be silently gathering information when you are getting all of the attention like that? As Cameron worked, Nate thought out loud. “Oh, oh I see.” “Right, so we’re not just replacing the whole thing but really we are. Go by feel.” “Is it better to have a wall feeder than a trough? I was once on a farm with a trough. ‘Course, I was also once on a farm where instead of troughs, I swear they were just using vats.” He mimicked positioning on the shovel as he watched and mimed the actions. Finally, when Cameron finished, he responded, “Well, I think we should try. So. Next stall then?”

They passed a playground covered in children first. Asher did not associate with the children, not because he disliked them but because they were always trying to get him to join in on their games. He was not really one for playground games. He never was. “You never told me what happened in Washington,” Asher reminded him. “I don’t blame you. I did take up all of our talking with my own problems.” He involuntarily looked back. Even if they were better now, he was still worried about Jordan. At least he had Carlos. Carlos would probably keep him in line. Well, keep him being him anyway. The school just on the other side had a couple people standing outside. Wasn’t it too early for this to be a break? Maybe not. Maybe they had breaks Asher didn’t understand. He never did like school.

Jordan chuckled as he watched Carlos swing up into the saddle. “Good. I think so. It only serves since he was my horse at one point that he’d like you.” Jordan commented. “So the first step is going to be steering. You hold the reins lightly, he’s very easy to steer. Just pull the rein to which ever side you’d like him to go. Left rein, turn left and same for the right. To go forward gently press his side with your heel and to stop, pull back on the reins. Why don’t you go for a small walk and then circle back to me. Okay?” Jordan said, ready to walk with him but not holding onto Thunder.

Cameron had listened to Nate the entire time and nodded as he did. “Precisely. Just the bad stuff and we use wall feeders so they don’t waste the hay. Having so many, we have to keep an eye on our hay. Especially during the winter. We have a lot of field to hay but we have to be careful.” Cameron explained as he moved the wheelbarrow to the next stall. “Who wants to go first?” Cam asked.

Kaleb glanced at the playground with a smile. He didn’t mind kids, and found their energy and youthfulness entertaining. “Well. The first city in Washington had several close calls between a horde, a falling staircase and way too many infected. But Seattle was where things went bad.” Kaleb said as they walked, looking around. “We met these people who were going to do.. really bad things to me and Alex. Just because I was FEDRA and Alex had those scars. They were going to to.. torture us. Hang us up in chains. We got out of there by luck, but one had a.. knife to my neck. Trying to get the other three to stop fighting them.” Kaleb stopped talking as they walked for a moment, hand going to his neck where a small scar now sat on his neck from the blade.

Reins. Check. Carlos was already holding those. Left and right side for steering. Cool. That made sense. Press the side to go. He inadvertently looked down at his foot and then did that. “Ooh and we’re moving!” Not very fast, but they were moving, and though he expected this, he did not expect it. “Have no fear, I am an expert at moving.” He straightened again before he fell off while Thunder was walking forward. Small walk. He picked a landmark maybe ten or so feet ahead and then decided it was time to turn around. He pulled on the right side of the reins, and again was mildly alarmed when Thunder was immediately turning. “Too far, oops, okay.” Maybe too hard? He may possibly have played with moving left and right a moment before truly turning around and walking back to Jordan. How did they stop again?

Nate’s hand shot up as he ran to the next stall. “I can do this.” He started with the shoveling of bad stuff, questioning why exactly it got the way that it did and if they was an everyday thing or if they could wait for longer. When he finished and rolled out the new bedding he felt like that was not exactly an ideal thing but it wasn’t horrible. He nitpicked at it to get it to look better than it did. And then came the food. He struggled to get that to actually stay in the feeder and not fall out. He was definitely doing something wrong.

Asher slowed their walk as the story went along. He listened and groaned. They sounded like him or at least the him that he used to be. People who took others like that, though they did not discriminate against any specific kind of person. “Ezekiel and Elijah have those scars too. I’ve heard some of the stories.” His gaze followed Kaleb’s hands to his neck. “Are you okay?” he asked no longer paying attention to where they were walking. There were plenty of other people out now. It was late enough in the morning for everyone to be in full swing of their day.

Jordan watched carefully as Carlos started moving. “Look at you beautiful, you’re a natural. Now remember when you want to stop, pull back and say ‘whoa’ you got this.” Jordan said encouragingly. He could see that it would take a couple rides but they already seemed like a good pair. He would stop them if they didn’t stop or if he needed help.

Cam watched as Nate did the stall, him and Alex. He was doing a good job so far. Once it came time to the food, he walked over to him and helped a little. “You did well. Depending on what the barn looks like, we can always do troughs for you guys if it’s easier for you.” Cameron said as he moved the wheelbarrow to the next stall. Alex stepped up and cleaned out the dirty straw and redid the bedding. He remembered how it was done and he got the hay in. “Alright. We’ve got a few more to go before we turn out the rest.” Cam said as he led the way to the last four that were empty.

Kaleb noticed how many people were out now, and he heard Asher. “Yeah, Alex came from those people, and I’m.. I’m okay. It rattled me though, much more than I thought. I keep having these thoughts in the back of my mind about what would’ve happened if they’d managed to take us.” Kaleb said as he walked, before he sighed. “I think that was the one time in my life I’ve ever been really afraid.”

Carlos was feeling pretty good about himself honestly. He was not half bad at this horse riding thing. He wasn’t sure if it got harder. No, it definitely had to get harder. Like stopping. Pulling back on the reins. How hard? How fast? How much? So he tried. “Whoa,” he imitated and pulled back, which did slow and stop Thunder. It probably helped that Thunder was his soulmate in horse form. It did not stop him from feeling highly achieved. “I am a natural aren’t I? Shall we try it again?” He asked and then decided he was just going to do that. Press to move forward, play with direction a little, turn all the way around, walk to Jordan, and slow to a stop. He could probably stop faster, but he was a little afraid of hurting him. So he didn’t. Not yet. “Hardly any hiccups except for the part where I pressed instead of pulling but that’s okay! Kinks to work out.”

Nate followed Cam to the next stall for Alex to start. “Don’t do something different for me. I don’t know how often I’ll be in here. I haven’t figured out who I am yet, and though this is good work, I’ll be honest right now. It’s not exactly what I do, you know?” He smiled because he didn’t want it to seem like he was disparaging it. “I work in medicine. Though! Oh I’m sure we have people who work with the animals too. Alex, what if I find whoever that is. How much time in the day do you think I need to find them and Jacob and Hayden? Maybe they are all conveniently together.” He moved to the next stalls to begin work on one as they continued.

Asher wished that he could say it would not have been as bad as whatever Kaleb was seeing in his mind, but he knew that he couldn’t. Having been on the other end of that, he knew for a fact it was probably that bad. It was probably worse. It was always worse. He smiled almost sadly. “I’m sorry. But at least you made it out of there.” Then he narrowed his eyes. “I wonder which ones you met. Abby, the girl who killed Joel, was one of them. Yeah, we learned all about that Washington Liberation Front who hates on people with scars.” Their own former Seraphites did not deserve that treatment. “And FEDRA.” This he added softly. Kaleb knew about Asher’s past. They didn’t have to explain that. “Okay, the town. As you’ve seen, we have a multitude of businesses. It really runs like one we would’ve had before the outbreak. I wish I remembered more, but I was too young really.”

A smile was wide on Jordan’s face as he watched Carlos and Thunder. “You are natural, that’s for sure.” Jordan replied and after the second time around, he grinned. “Alright. Ready for company and we can head up to the farmhouse?” Jordan asked, a hand on Thunder’s shoulder as he looked up at Carlos.

Alex looked at Nate when he spoke as did Cam. “You don’t have to do this if you would rather go see Hayden and Jacob. You can go be Medicine Man with them. I think.. I think I’ve found where I want to be when this probation is over.” Alex said, feeling at home in the stable. He was pushed into a warrior status, but he always loved the animals. He would go there whenever he could.

Kaleb saw that slightly sad smile and smiled at him. “I’m glad I made it out. And I don’t know who we met, but they were mean.” He admitted as he walked. He looked around as the conversation shifted to the town. “So how does the town work? Because we need like all kinds of things at home, more clothes would be nice and food. Seeds to grow plants like wheat and stuff. Is it trade based?” Kaleb asked, watching Asher.

Carlos grinned down at Jordan and nodded. “I would love to have some company. You’re getting yourself up though. I have no idea how to help you without falling.” He looked out at the fields surrounding them. “Or how to get to the farmhouse from here. I am aware that we were there not very long ago, but I am not significantly taller than I was before, and therefore have lost all sense of direction. No. Wait. Don’t tell me.” He looked around them, trying to figure out where they were based on the buildings that he could see. “Is it that way? I promise you, I am not as bad at directions as Medicine Man. He could get lost literally anywhere.”

Nate gently placed his shovel down and took Alex’s free hand. “I know you did. I could see that the moment we stepped in here. And when you talked about the horses before.” He kissed Alex’s cheek and then turned to Cam. “Do you remember all those years ago when my mama and I traveled all the way to San Francisco just for her to sit there in those meetings for hours and hours, and we were so bored?” He looked at the empty stalls for a moment before he continued. “That’s when I knew who I was supposed to be, and it wasn’t a Firefly. I just didn’t know that yet. So I am going to go find some crazy people. Don’t worry about me. I can wander until I get there.”

Asher nodded. “Trade sometimes. There are some standards of trade between people, but it has to do with what everyone does. People who have the chickens trade primarily in eggs and they trade with everyone for those eggs. So, I think it’s up to how you can trade your goods and services. Jacob patches us up and that is enough for just about anything he wants.” He pointed to the butcher’s shop as they passed. “He has the meat, so he trades the meat for what he needs. But, it’s not just that. We are a commune. That meat goes into a communal pot essentially that feeds everyone. Everything is for everyone. You see her? She’s s seamstress and she makes everyone clothes whether we can trade for it or not. If we want something else, that’s when the trading happens.”

Jordan chuckled as he heard Carlos. He gently moved his foot out of the stirrup. “I’ll get up, don’t worry.” He said, placing his foot in the stirrup and swinging up behind Carlos. “You can put your foot back in now. And you wanna go down to the road, turn left and go straight. The gate is up ahead and then once out of the gate, it’s a left up the path to the farmhouse.” Jordan said, as he wrapped his arms around Carlos.

Alex felt the hand in his as he looked at Nate and smiled at the kiss to his cheek. He had to admit that he was so much happier now. He didn’t mind traveling but having somewhere permanently to live? It was wonderful. Cameron nodded as he listened to Nate. “I do remember that. And good luck. Those two older men are great.” Cam said as Alex smiled and kissed Nate’s cheek. “Go enjoy your science stuff love. I’ll see you for dinner.” Alex said before he turned to Cam and they started working on the stalls again.

Kaleb nodded as he listened to Asher, looking around. “Well. I don’t have many talents so I’m not sure what I can do for the community aside from maybe patrolling. So if we want seeds to grow foods, would we talk to the farmers or? And we can just go to her about getting some more clothes?” Kaleb asked, turning his head to look at Asher. This was all new to him and he was trying to figure it all out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back