• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Super Smash Bros. (OOC)

Main
Here
I think I’ve come to the conclusion that I will get the Joker and Ann posts up once I finish Ann. Been working on hers this afternoon would have probably finished by now if my internet didn’t keep cutting in and out and driving me insane and I’ve got a pretty good chunk of it done already. I’ll probably put the two posts up separately given the sheer length of them (feels better to divide them like that) so I guess look forward to that lol. If they’re not up tonight, they’ll probably be up tomorrow

Character Name: Sonic the Hedgehog
Player Name: Deleted
Surprised that Shadow's taken but not Sonic.
Accepted!

Sonic Frontiers Sonic. My reasoning is because while he keeps his smug, witty, and snarky attitude he also understands when to take things seriously. I'll add a few things to it such him being much more conscious of what he's doing and how it affects people, more understanding of emotions and struggles others have, among other things.
As a Sonic fan since the Genesis, I'd say that's pretty much Sonic's character overall. I find it's the fanbase that tends to overexaggerate Sonic's mischievousness. Even 90s "Way Past Cool!" Sonic knew when to be serious and empathetic. SATAM and SA/SA2 immediately comes to mind for good Sonic characterization. With how many Sonic RPers I've seen portray him as a hyperactive toddler, I'm pretty happy to have a RPer do him justice!

As for a starting point, things are slow right now due to holidays and school finals, but they should pick up once they're over.

Captain Falcon, Yoshi, Mog, and Shadow are fighting a Great Fairy that has been corrupted by the pure essence of Sorrow in the Jungle (Subspace Map). It's fairly active and I'm due to make a post for this group.

Shulk, Min-Min, and Lucas are at the Mountain Falls (WoL Map). It's the smallest group but not very active.

Byleth, Sora, Professor Layton & Luke, Pichu, Chrom and Robin are at the Battlefield Fortress (SSE Map) planning their next move. This group is relatively active.

Isabelle, Roxas, and Riku are at the Mushroom Platforms (WoL Map), and Sephiroth is (unknowingly) nearby. This is another small group with an easy way for Sonic to get into the game.

Joker, Ann, Inkling, Agent 8, Prompto and Noctis are resting at a campsite not too far from the Stadium. Ploegy will be posting for Joker and Ann soon, so if you're interested in this group you may want to wait for that.

Pyra/Mythra, Pit, and Toon Link are under the sea in the Smash Realm. Pyra/Mythra has called Siren to make the group's getaway from Fawful's underwater lair. I don't know how Sonic would be here, but if you have a way, go for it! This group is pretty active.

Samus, Zelda, Sheik, Link (BotW), Marth, Dark Pit, Cream, F!Corrin, and Tetra are at the Lake Shore or the forest nearby (SSE Map). This group is very big, so I don't recommend joining this group. You may be waiting a while if you follow a post order.

Let me know which group interests you and I'll try to give you more details on them.

What's better than 1 wall of text from me? 2 of them LOL. God I did not anticipate Ann's post to be as long as it ended up being but here we are. I am sorry for the double ping for those involved. It would have been oof to read otherwise unless I just used tabs but lol I didn't

Accepted!

As a Sonic fan since the Genesis, I'd say that's pretty much Sonic's character overall. I find it's the fanbase that tends to overexaggerate Sonic's mischievousness. Even 90s "Way Past Cool!" Sonic knew when to be serious and empathetic. SATAM and SA/SA2 immediately comes to mind for good Sonic characterization. With how many Sonic RPers I've seen portray him as a hyperactive toddler, I'm pretty happy to have a RPer do him justice!

As for a starting point, things are slow right now due to holidays and school finals, but they should pick up once they're over.

Captain Falcon, Yoshi, Mog, and Shadow are fighting a Great Fairy that has been corrupted by the pure essence of Sorrow in the Jungle (Subspace Map). It's fairly active and I'm due to make a post for this group.

Shulk, Min-Min, and Lucas are at the Mountain Falls (WoL Map). It's the smallest group but not very active.

Byleth, Sora, Professor Layton & Luke, Pichu, Chrom and Robin are at the Battlefield Fortress (SSE Map) planning their next move. This group is relatively active.

Isabelle, Roxas, and Riku are at the Mushroom Platforms (WoL Map), and Sephiroth is (unknowingly) nearby. This is another small group with an easy way for Sonic to get into the game.

Joker, Ann, Inkling, Agent 8, Prompto and Noctis are resting at a campsite not too far from the Stadium. Ploegy will be posting for Joker and Ann soon, so if you're interested in this group you may want to wait for that.

Pyra/Mythra, Pit, and Toon Link are under the sea in the Smash Realm. Pyra/Mythra has called Siren to make the group's getaway from Fawful's underwater lair. I don't know how Sonic would be here, but if you have a way, go for it! This group is pretty active.

Samus, Zelda, Sheik, Link (BotW), Marth, Dark Pit, Cream, F!Corrin, and Tetra are at the Lake Shore or the forest nearby (SSE Map). This group is very big, so I don't recommend joining this group. You may be waiting a while if you follow a post order.

Let me know which group interests you and I'll try to give you more details on them.
Alright! Thanks! Question: how do you handle Final Smashes? Is it only doable via smashing the rare and elusive orb?

Alright! Thanks! Question: how do you handle Final Smashes? Is it only doable via smashing the rare and elusive orb?
Final Smashes are a gimmick of Smash Tournaments and do not exist outside of them. This is because Final Smashes are not equal among the fighters: some FS are abilities a fighter can use with relative ease in normal circumstances (DK playing the bongos, for example) while others are too powerful and need to be restricted for the RP's sake, or there is specific lore that would restrict such an ability, such as Sonic needing the seven Chaos Emeralds to become Super.

I've been leaving it up to the players to decide how to handle their characters' Final Smashes and I've had no issues. Folks here are pretty fair and honest about such things.

Final Smashes are a gimmick of Smash Tournaments and do not exist outside of them. This is because Final Smashes are not equal among the fighters: some FS are abilities a fighter can use with relative ease in normal circumstances (DK playing the bongos, for example) while others are too powerful and need to be restricted for the RP's sake, or there is specific lore that would restrict such an ability, such as Sonic needing the seven Chaos Emeralds to become Super.

I've been leaving it up to the players to decide how to handle their characters' Final Smashes and I've had no issues. Folks here are pretty fair and honest about such things.
Then perhaps we can discuss and brainstorm a method to attain the 7 emeralds over the story, maybe Super Sonic and Super Shadow can team up again? who knows?

Then perhaps we can discuss and brainstorm a method to attain the 7 emeralds over the story, maybe Super Sonic and Super Shadow can team up again? who knows?
Maybe. I already have the ten Pillars to guide the different groups of players towards and villains to juggle, so I'd rather not have to come up with ways to hide seven more MacGuffins. I don't mind that being Sonic's main goal, though. Perhaps the Smash Realm has its own copy of the Chaos Emeralds that Sonic can seek, or he gets a new Super form through use of the Pillars? As far as Shadow goes, you'd have to discuss that with SirPrompto15 SirPrompto15 .

Maybe. I already have the ten Pillars to guide the different groups of players towards and villains to juggle, so I'd rather not have to come up with ways to hide seven more MacGuffins. I don't mind that being Sonic's main goal, though. Perhaps the Smash Realm has its own copy of the Chaos Emeralds that Sonic can seek, or he gets a new Super form through use of the Pillars? As far as Shadow goes, you'd have to discuss that with SirPrompto15 SirPrompto15 .
got it, I can probably find some art for a new Sonic form based on the pillars. I'll probably make finding the emeralds Sonic's goal, at least until he learns about the pillars and all that.

got it, I can probably find some art for a new Sonic form based on the pillars. I'll probably make finding the emeralds Sonic's goal, at least until he learns about the pillars and all that.
Or you could use this chance to bring in Dark Sonic (given the negative emotions that surround some of them) 😏
bqdfzfqmeoa51.png

YO, THAT IS A HYPE IDEA. He'd have to be grappling with negativity at the time but if he's in possession of something like an anger pillar (IDK if that's a thing) then this is very possible.
There just so happens to be an Anger pillar (somewhere) 😏

What's better than 1 wall of text from me? 2 of them LOL. God I did not anticipate Ann's post to be as long as it ended up being but here we are. I am sorry for the double ping for those involved. It would have been oof to read otherwise unless I just used tabs but lol I didn't
I still have King's Quest-inspired punny ways to lose stuck in my head, and I imagined Joker making a mistake during his scouting mission, falling, and a narrator ending it with, "You just discovered the gravity of your situation!" or "Your ambitions were high, but your grappling hook fell short!"

Or you could use this chance to bring in Dark Sonic (given the negative emotions that surround some of them) 😏

YO, THAT IS A HYPE IDEA. He'd have to be grappling with negativity at the time but if he's in possession of something like an anger pillar (IDK if that's a thing) then this is very possible.
Awesome idea!

The Pillars of Creation are Fortitude, Hope, Strength, Imagination, and Life. The Pillars of Destruction are Fear, Sorrow, Anger, Ego, and Death. Sonic does not know of these Pillars. Only a few of the Smash Brothers know of their existence, and two have been found so far.

I think I'll have Sonic show up with Isabelle, Roxas, and Riku (and sephie).
I suggest reading the last page of the RP thread as the latest posts for Roxas, Isabelle, and Sephiroth have been made.

Last edited:
I still have King's Quest-inspired punny ways to lose stuck in my head, and I imagined Joker making a mistake during his scouting of the mission, falling, and a narrator ending it with, "You just discovered the gravity of your situation!" or "Your ambitions were high, but your grappling hook fell short!"

Awesome idea!

The Pillars of Creation are Fortitude, Hope, Strength, Imagination, and Life. The Pillars of Destruction are Fear, Sorrow, Anger, Ego, and Death. Sonic does not know of these Pillars. Only a few of the Smash Brothers know of their existence, and two have been found so far.

I suggest reading the last page of the RP thread as the latest posts for Roxas, Isabelle, and Sephiroth have been made.
I will. I figured Sonic wouldn't know about them but Hope and Anger would be great fits for him considering his ability to overcome insurmountable odds with just his determination an hope. And anger because... As Eggman once said "You need to keep that temper of yours under control or you'll find that you're always angry just like a certain hedgehog we know"

I will. I figured Sonic wouldn't know about them but Hope and Anger would be great fits for him considering his ability to overcome insurmountable odds with just his determination an hope. And anger because... As Eggman once said "You need to keep that temper of yours under control or you'll find that you're always angry just like a certain hedgehog we know"
Gotta say: Isabelle needs a vacation after this.

Since Joker is on my mind now lol when isn’t he let’s be real I figured I offer the ambush referenced in my post and something fitting for this time of year

Ignore that they named Joker Adam. Smh Atlus having players pick his name lol

I still have King's Quest-inspired punny ways to lose stuck in my head, and I imagined Joker making a mistake during his scouting of the mission, falling, and a narrator ending it with, "You just discovered the gravity of your situation!" or "Your ambitions were high, but your grappling hook fell short!"
Just to add to this, the narrator’s gotta be like Master Hand not simply cuz Smash Realm and all, but having Joker’s death narrated by a character with the same VA is funny

Since Joker is on my mind now lol when isn’t he let’s be real I figured I offer the ambush referenced in my post and something fitting for this time of year

Ignore that they named Joker Adam. Smh Atlus having players pick his name lol

Just to add to this, the narrator’s gotta be like Master Hand not simply cuz Smash Realm and all, but having Joker’s death narrated by a character with the same VA is funny

Is it just gonna be: "Joker: Defeated" after his companions watch him fall to his death?... I shouldn't be laughing at this.

NGL I see Sonic (if he gets that pillar) pretending everything is alright, basically neglecting his own health for the sake of everyone else... Just like with the cyber corruption in Frontiers!
Another idea you could use in the mean time are Mario power-ups as substitute for forms like in SMBZ. Real OGs would remember this 😏
deib1qz-7cb34ac3-a42e-4378-87bd-84dd48cfd4b7.png

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back