• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Court of Blood OOC

I will hear you out on this idea. An idea I was having was an old Von Karnstein that liked showing off how he could sit out in the sun unlike the other vamps. Or a werewolf character, who knows but i'm just going to be playing the one character for now.
Well if you feel like going the numerical route, and based purely on affiliations, I'd say make someone affiliated with the Bathorys (I have an idea for that, if you're interested in hearing it), since so far we have:

[AFFILIATED WITH THE BATHORYS]
-Mara, Eden

[AFFILIATED WITH THE KARNSTEINS]
-Heavenly, Ulric, Thea

[AFFILIATED WITH THE VARNEYS]
-Cordelia, Rowan, Israel's defector

[AFFILIATED WITH THE RUTHVENS]
-Raghnall, Rivaille, Esma

though you could also make an independant like Sorana or Rennick.

Solaris_ Solaris_ Do you think Thea and Rowan would be friends? I feel like Thea would enjoy how sarcastic he is and they could play cards and drink tea :3

I will hear you out on this idea. An idea I was having was an old Von Karnstein that liked showing off how he could sit out in the sun unlike the other vamps. Or a werewolf character, who knows but i'm just going to be playing the one character for now.
Ahaha I like the idea of the grumpy old showoff! xD Since the Bathorys are a little low on muscle, I was thinking something along the lines of an old, badass dampyr fighter on retainer for them, if you're interested.

Last edited:
I'm going to be making him a full blooded vampire, someone who's seen Dracula himself and very much thinks he should be in charge because he can run things just as good if not better than that man. Of course, he very much wants to continue his unlife and will bend the knee if threatened. This works for any of the vampire families, but Karnstein makes him able to sip tea in the noon day sun (perhaps flavoring it to be sitting in the sun suppresses his vampiric nature enough to have a taste of mortality.) While if he were to be a part of the Bathorys, he'd be a handsome fellow unless I make him a dampyr which I doubt would have much support for the throne if any.

Oh gotcha! I thought each of the main families had one contender they were putting forward for the Throne, so I assumed that, since the Bathorys have Mara, the Karnsteins have Heavenly, the Varneys have Cordelia, and the Ruthvens have Raghnall, anyone else vying for the seat would be an independant. I must've misunderstood ^^"

I don't think vampires drink tea though xD

I could also always play an independent, allowing me to go for the throne and have a more, comparatively, unique power. I have misunderstood things. Let me have a think then.

FaeFoolery FaeFoolery could you provide some clarity with the families putting people forward for the throne? Is it just the one per or is it a free for all?

hi! sorry to say but I will have to be jumping out of this RP for now due to a lot of IRL time constraints that have kept me from writing a character much more than I thought they would, so I don't think I will have time to participate in the RP at the moment.

Before I put my starter up for Mara, just want to make sure it's okay to have her describing the weather as early Winter in Eastern Europe? Didn't see a time of year specified in the opener, so I wanted to check.
That's totally fine!

Sweet! So my idea was that, at some point in the past, Mara and Vile dated briefly and caused chaos together, until Mara's family realized that Rivaille wasn't interested in helping her gain the Throne of Blood, and Mara realized he was in it for the enjoyment and manipulation rather than due to any feelings.

The whole thing made her feel used and ashamed, so it was a bad breakup, and she's basically hated his guts ever since in the 'hell hath no fury like a woman scorned' sort of way. Because drama xD What do you think?
I feel like he enjoyed causing chaos, but he never put in any romantic/sexual endeavors (excluding holding hands) into the relationship. He probably even doesn't realize it was a bad break-up due to his f*cked-up family life. He probably even enjoys her scorn and is like "Hey, I made her a better vampire. So, it's great." Meanwhile it makes her even all the more mad, because he never realized how much anguish he caused her.

I feel like he enjoyed causing chaos, but he never put in any romantic/sexual endeavors (excluding holding hands) into the relationship. He probably even doesn't realize it was a bad break-up due to his f*cked-up family life. He probably even enjoys her scorn and is like "Hey, I made her a better vampire. So, it's great." Meanwhile it makes her even all the more mad, because he never realized how much anguish he caused her.
Bahaha- it's gonna make things so awkward and tense whenever they're in a room together; looking forward to it xD

Ooooo drama. The idea that a non-vampire house could take the throne might throw a few vampires for a loop. Love the idea

House Wylde is a 'Vampire' House. Its just that vampires aren't the only ones allowed in. Got to bolster the ranks before starting the war.

Interesting. Can't wait for this, it seems like a lot of fun

Oops I think your tag got buried in my notifications😅 Rowan takes a minute to warm up to people but I'm sure he'd be down to hang out with a fellow witch, sounds fun. I can easily see them sipping tea and roasting people

So, I think I'm going to make a character. I'm not certain what to make. I was simply thinking a traveling witch or vampire who happens upon the court of blood? Still soaking things in. I work a shorter shift today so I'll probably have something in soon. I'm super nervous but also excited and hope to be role playing with you all soon. :)

Okay applied super nervous. Made a simple character.

Last edited:
Finished Esma's background. Just gotta do their powers and maybe some extras and they'll be done!

Oh nice my characters accepted so I'll likely get a post out soon. I forgot I have tomorrow off woohoo

Oof, finally posted. I hope y'all like it!
I liked it, but your post is saying that Rivaille's father is the Head of Ruthven House, when Raghnall's profile establishes him as the Head of House so... confused, 'cause I'm pretty sure Raghnall is not Rivaille's father ._.

I liked it, but your post is saying that Rivaille's father is the Head of Ruthven House, when Raghnall's profile establishes him as the Head of House so... confused, 'cause I'm pretty sure Raghnall is not Rivaille's father ._.
I think it would make sense if AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa and my characters are more like cousins. That way it makes more sense for our characters' backstories.

I think it would make sense if AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa and my characters are more like cousins. That way it makes more sense for our characters' backstories.
Yes I think that makes sense too, but it doesn't really address the issue of your post referring to Rivaille's father as the Head of Ruthven House when Raghnall's CS designates him as being the current Head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back