• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom HAVEN'S BLADE (OoC)

Would you like to use Discord?

• Yes

Votes: 15 88.2%
  • No

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Characters
Here
I am debating a Cheshire cat type a wild Spider fauns type or some kind of grimm symbiote type still work shopping last one

Cheshire cat sounds interesting but so does the Symbiote interesting how that would work a duality, a negative voice meets a positive one.

Yep has yo deal with the wild negitives of grimm but fir they they are pretty much venom but also weak to aura

True but as Karcen said it's like Telekinesis but weaker they can't explode things that can't explode. I guess they can change an objects position and lock stuff in place. They can tell a pen to write for them, as well as tell a bookshelf to find a book for them, but that's just changing an objects location. So I feel like there is something to work with there. Essentially his limit is he can't tell an object to do what it can't normally do, they can wish a plant to grow but not catch on fire.
i feel like this semblance has potential but it’ll probably have to work with the rest of the design, like the character’s weapons in order to be combat effective.

the reason my mind went to explosives is because the semblance seems to be a perfect indefinite timer for a bomb, like your character can just leave some explosives somewhere, maybe even just as primitive as gunpowder and tell it to ignite at the perfect moment.

maybe they can have dust laced bullets that can be shot and then the character has to use their semblance for them to actually activate? if you want the limit to be 90 seconds then i think you can be free to come up with something short but destructive that would be activated by their semblance.

i could totally see them being some kind of inventor/someone who uses machines creatively since w their semblance nothing they make needs actual fuel. it would also solve the cooldown issue in terms of balancing bc the machines themselves would be finite. it also means that if those devices were to be compromised the enemy would be unable to activate them.

so, for example maybe there’s a dust based device that creates a small tornado in a certain radius, or a robot that shoots lasers, really the possibilities are limitless. at the same time it’s not too op because realistically 1. those effects can only be 90 seconds 2. your character would be limited by size, time spent making/getting those devices, their capacity to carry them all etc. so in regular battles their weaponry would probably be limited but they could still bring out something really big and cool for an arc climax or something.

sorry for rambling lol but hopefully that gave you some ideas

thinking on playing either my Musician Student Oc or just straight up playing a Faunus based off my inspiration for The goddess of the day Amaterasu

i’m gonna play a character loosely based on the tinderbox by hans christian andersen, he’s gonna be a dog faunus and his ability will be like pyrokinesis except he can only really control the intensity of the flame. basically if there’s even a spark he can make it into a huge flame

i feel like this semblance has potential but it’ll probably have to work with the rest of the design, like the character’s weapons in order to be combat effective.

the reason my mind went to explosives is because the semblance seems to be a perfect indefinite timer for a bomb, like your character can just leave some explosives somewhere, maybe even just as primitive as gunpowder and tell it to ignite at the perfect moment.

maybe they can have dust laced bullets that can be shot and then the character has to use their semblance for them to actually activate? if you want the limit to be 90 seconds then i think you can be free to come up with something short but destructive that would be activated by their semblance.

i could totally see them being some kind of inventor/someone who uses machines creatively since w their semblance nothing they make needs actual fuel. it would also solve the cooldown issue in terms of balancing bc the machines themselves would be finite. it also means that if those devices were to be compromised the enemy would be unable to activate them.

so, for example maybe there’s a dust based device that creates a small tornado in a certain radius, or a robot that shoots lasers, really the possibilities are limitless. at the same time it’s not too op because realistically 1. those effects can only be 90 seconds 2. your character would be limited by size, time spent making/getting those devices, their capacity to carry them all etc. so in regular battles their weaponry would probably be limited but they could still bring out something really big and cool for an arc climax or something.

sorry for rambling lol but hopefully that gave you some ideas
Your good thank you for the insight I can see the sky truly is the limit with this although the activation is really slow but a drawback for amazing potential.

i’m gonna play a character loosely based on the tinderbox by hans christian andersen, he’s gonna be a dog faunus and his ability will be like pyrokinesis except he can only really control the intensity of the flame. basically if there’s even a spark he can make it into a huge flame
Ooo I like the idea he's gonna be fun. I bet he has way to create a spark himself so he can surprise opponents. Also can he make a flame out of fire dust or would the dust have to ignite first.

he wouldn’t be able to make fire out of un-ignited dust, but it can certainly aid in how much stronger he can make the flame. currently i’m thinking his weapon would have a built in mechanism for creating a spark, much like a tinderbox. but if there’s enough time to prepare an actual fire he’d have very strong defensive capabilities as well, e.g. being able to make a row of candles into a wall of flames

he wouldn’t be able to make fire out of un-ignited dust, but it can certainly aid in how much stronger he can make the flame. currently i’m thinking his weapon would have a built in mechanism for creating a spark, much like a tinderbox. but if there’s enough time to prepare an actual fire he’d have very strong defensive capabilities as well, e.g. being able to make a row of candles into a wall of flames
Ooo that sounds very creative and flashy I love it.

i will probably try and make one based on Robin Hood or Skadi. or a mix of both actually.

but their semblance will most probably be about infusing his projectiles with it, along with slight ability to manipulate how they fly.
and by infusing I mean, the projectiles on impact will have different effect depending on the amount of aura infused.
barely any aura will give slight ability to manipulate the projectile once its shot, a bit more will cause the area hit by the projectile to freeze over/ creating ice on the surface of it, with a much larger amount of aura the projectiles will explode on impact releasing ice shards around them...
Dunno what to call the semblance yet though, might just call it "Winter's Bite"
E1s-8PEWYAE5S1Y.jpg

I haven't thought of a folklore/mythological basis for my character,not sure she needs one.

My idea was that she's rather frail and both has a prosthetic limb and needs a respirator to breathe,but chose to become a hunter to replace a family member who became disabled in the line of duty.

Her semblance is usable for a brief period as she removes her respirator and creates a heavy wind blowing towards her as she inhales,then optionally creates a wind blowing away from her with equal force as she exhales.

Not sure about the weapon. Either something fast and light,or an ironically large and brutish weapon.

thinking on playing either my Musician Student Oc or just straight up playing a Faunus based off my inspiration for The goddess of the day Amaterasu
What do you mean by musician can you I guess play dust like flint, for the Faunus you should give them head feathers or maybe a mane that looks like Amaterasu's crown.

What do you mean by musician can you I guess play dust like flint, for the Faunus you should give them head feathers or maybe a mane that looks like Amaterasu's crown.
More like Amplify the The dust's strength in dealing damage (Like Literally one Fire Dust Cartage might not have enough strength in one shot but one amplified can literally can a strong enough small explosion similar to a C-34 or any kind of bomb you seen in Demolitions for blowing up walls to partially a building *i am trying hard not to go OP on this semblance TwT and even if I go with the musician)

Not a bad idea about the Mane for the Faunus.

I'm going to assume anime FC, using realistic FC seems off in a RWBY RP, but then again it isn't my RP so -shrug-

How are you guys already talking about character concepts, meanwhile the only thing that came out of my head so far is "le make birb OC caw caw 🐦🐦🐦"

How are you guys already talking about character concepts, meanwhile the only thing that came out of my head so far is "le make birb OC caw caw 🐦🐦🐦"
Birb

Only think i was thinkin' about was a make an oc i already have for an RP but change the Semblance or just go with a completely new character based a mythology i like.

Well immediately after I showed interest I started to gather concepts of design, weapons, traits, and inspirations. I want my character to be fleshed out so people have an easy time understanding them.

How are you guys already talking about character concepts, meanwhile the only thing that came out of my head so far is "le make birb OC caw ca
EZ I am just using a character from another RP that went one post deep before going ghost. I also have two other characters (Karcen, Meg, and Vagabond know one of them :) ) and a ram character that I would like to use but I suck at RPing females so she's kinda just sitting in the workshop lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back