• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern the Halifax witch hunts

"We're taking you to a nice place, Darnall. Ivan said that once we have your powers, we'll leave you alone." He jerked in surprise as the nurse and doctor entered the room. As he looks up to meet the man's gaze, his now glowing golden eyes were filled with tears. "I think I killed them."

@Tonstad39

Last edited by a moderator:
"We want to make absolute sure you aren't possessed by the demonic" the mage said while making his staff glow brightly as the nurse watches.

The tears welled up and began to flow. "I didn't want to kill them. I just wanted to get away. I knew that I wouldn't survive the trip to Stonehenge. Ivan wasn't going to wait; he was trying to claim me for himself, on the boat. His touch burned."

@Tonstad39

"I feel sorry for your loss, but why would they control you from over a thousand kilometers away!" The doctor asked before the nurse said "Besides his control scared the crap outta me!"

"He tried to claim me with primal magic; the kind comes from the friction and melding of skin on skin, but it was wrong. He replaced what should have been pleasure with pain and sought to throw my heart into agony before he coaxed it from my chest." His eyes flashed and the hospital room faded as the trio was drawn into a 3D replay of his memories. The events he described were being played out for anyone who could look into the room to see.

@Tonstad39

The nurse walked around in the memory and wrote down necessary details as instructed by other professionals in case patients want to project memories in the room. The doctor's staff dimmed as he looked for the place where he fell and presumably started floating toward Nova Scotia. 

"Though he stood above me, full of a dark need to rut, to conquer, to claim, I remained pure, and in panic. In my panic, I called out for help, and the sea answered. What had been relatively peaceful waves on a breezy day became violent surges that quickly snapped the ship in two and flung my captors up into the arms of incensed winds. Soon, their flailing bodies felt lightning filled wrath of the skies before I was lost in the gaze of an eye too large to comprehend." The scene followed his words as the boat was wrenched open and it passengers eletrocuted.

@Tonstad39

The doctor tried to inspect the point of impact where his head hit the sea. Given how much progress he made since his ruptured Ravdium and sand induced asphyxiation as the nurse wrote down

"unintentionally evil spell sent party separate ways

party wants him in Stonehenge

fit of submission brought about by warlocks not demons

recovering quickly."

The nurse was scared shitless, her one year of med school never touched on exorcisms and magic. There wasn't a spell book in the room, she didn't know what to do. She walks out the room down the hallway to receive advice from the hospital's healing mage.

"no grandparrants, uncles, cousins or brothers?" Lin inquired.

Aura shook her head. "Not that I know of. Why?"

Lin said "I was just wondering, I mean I'm still in touch with my many nieces & nephews in China"

The doctor tried to inspect the point of impact where his head hit the sea. Given how much progress he made since his ruptured Ravdium and sand induced asphyxiation as the nurse wrote down

"unintentionally evil spell sent party separate ways

party wants him in Stonehenge

fit of submission brought about by warlocks not demons

recovering steadily."

"I fell into the water. I was too tired to even swim, but I floated without the fear of sinking. I remember hearing the horns and seeing the bright lights, then nothing." The vision of the resue boat pulling Darnall from the water receded as the hospital room came back into focus. "I had such strange dreams. Then, I woke up." Darnall looked back up at the doctor as the last trace of additional light fading from his eyes.

"What's wrong with me?" His tears had stopped falling, but looked ready to resume at any time.

@Tonstad39

The doctor noticed the light fade from his eyes and fired bright energy out of his staff into Darnell's to keep him from submitting again.

as the nurse wrote down 

"functionality of Ravdium back by %45

still seseptible to submission

Slim chance of suicidal tendencies

Chronic headaches most probable

seizures may happen if he does powerful spells

Might need the enchanted lesion"

As the doctor's light struck him, Darnall's eyes became pools of pure cerulean light. His face reached a state of inhuman calm as the voice the spoke through him was heavy with the weight of countless ages. "Now that the little one is in your care, we will be releasing our bindings on his powers. It is unfortunate that we couldn't better protect him from those warlocks, but they are dead and he is in a safe place."

The entity within Darnall leveled its gaze on the mage. "You will need to find a way to contain him once we've withdrawn, but do not attempt to bind his powers, if you value the lives of anyone on and within 100 mile radius of this island. Take good care of him, and don't worry about anymore outside influences from before arriving here. We will be watching." The entity smiled encouragingly before retreating completely.

Darnall smiled softly at the doctor and nurse, his eyes back to their normal golden glow. "Good morning."

@Tonstad39

"It's still evening" the nurse said mildly embarrassed. As the mage stated "Now your inner entity told us to avoid binding your powers, so we avoid using anti-seizure medicine as they are neural suppressent and will suppress the functionality of your Ravdium, thus binding your powers. You have two options, option number 1, the Nurse will perform an invasive procedure that we think will get your strength back and artificially restore your magical powers functioning as a temporary magic wand for your nervous system. It's called the enchanted needle and performing it will get you out of this hospital within the course of a couple hours. Option two, we treat the symptoms through medication, but you stay in this hospital for 5 more days while your Ravdium heals and most of your strength comes back" The nurse looked at Darnell and said "You won't be under anesthetic for the enchanted lesion, so what'll it be?"

Lin said "I was just wondering, I mean I'm still in touch with my many nieces & nephews in China"

"My dad was an only child. His parents died. My mom's an angel and my dad is dead. I know my mom is living, but she's not on Earth anymore." Aura clenched her jaw tightly. She blamed her mom for never coming back to Earth to save her. Maybe her mom just forgot.

"Oh it is morning somewhere; I can tell." The golden glow of his eyes winked brightly to emphasize his point, before shifting to silver. His smile did not falter.

"I would prefer not to be...invaded. Can i have something to eat? I'm dreadfully hungry." His stomach growled in accompaniment.

@Tonstad39

( @DelacareBy the way, Nova Scotia isn't an island because of a strip of land uniting New Brunswick and Nova Scotia, making it part of mainland canada, it would be an Island if it weren't for that strip of land, nitpick over)

"I apologize for brimnging all that up as it sounds like a lot of drama, anything better you want to talk about instead?" Lin offered as the pianist's subtle tune continues.

( @DelacareBy the way, Nova Scotia isn't an island because of a strip of land uniting New Brunswick and Nova Scotia, making it part of mainland canada, it would be an Island if it weren't for that strip of land, nitpick over)

"I apologize for brimnging all that up as it sounds like a lot of drama, anything better you want to talk about instead?" Lin offered as the pianist's subtle tune continues.

"Let's talk about music. Music is gorgeous, isn't it? It communicates better than words do."

"So, you'd rather spend a couple more days in the hospital than to leave now?" The mage said wanting him to feel better before the nurse asked "What do you want from the hospital cafeteria now that your throaght is clear enough?"

"Oh of course it does, any art form really is a window into the artists' soul" Lin said thinking about the ornate scrollwork of buddhist temples back home

"Oh of course it does, any art form really is a window into the artists' soul" Lin said thinking about the ornate scrollwork of buddhist temples back home

"My dad made me learn violin when I was young. I loved it. Haven't played in years though. Can't afford an instrument."

"So, you'd rather spend a couple more days in the hospital than to leave now?" The mage said wanting him to feel better before the nurse asked "What do you want from the hospital cafeteria now that your throaght is clear enough?"

((Nitpicking is cool.))

"Well I'd prefer to avoid being cut on again. Also, I don't have anywhere to go even if I was released early. I also know that my magic is out of control; I can feel it beneath the surface, waiting to rise up and grant my wishes." Darnall smiled brightly at the nurse. "I just want food."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back