• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Forest of Beyond {ALWAYS OPEN}

He pulled out a sickle like blade given to the plague doctors and handed it to her, saying, "Be careful, its sharp." His body protested in hungry rage, but he had to do this.

She took it cautiously, and turned back towards the doe. She knelt down and cut off a peice for herself. She turned back and returned the knife. "Thanks, did you eat your fill earlier?" She asked, glancing back at the body and then back at her own peice.

She resisted the urge to wrinkle her nose and took a small bite of the meat. It wasn't as bad as she thought it would be. It was reminisent of a rare steak. Encouraged she took another bite. "So, what exactly is a wendigo?"

He sat next to the doe and answered while petting it's corpse, "We are the daemons of the wild, the spirits of insatiable hunger, cannibalism, and the harshness of the elements." Tickling his claws across the hide, "You can see why I was so... Difficult."

Evangelie winced, "It's alright, it's in your nature I guess. I'm glad you decided to stay with us though. Although Maria probably feels differently." She paused, "She says you killed her parents. Did you? I mean, it's none of my business but I can't help but wonder."

Last edited by a moderator:
"Unless her parents had the plague, then no. The only victims I took after my change were people so badly infected that they couldn't be saved. And there were no survivors in the mountains." He laid against the body, sighing, "Sorry for the hunger"

"And you call yourself a monster." She muttered, "Your hunger is only natural though, it's commendable that you only killed those with the plague." She took a seat herself.

"I would've killed more, but I'd rather not burn in a pile with the rest of them." He lifted his eyes to her and added, "How many have you slain?"

Evangeline froze and looked down. "I don't know." She murmered, "I can't remember a time when I wasn't killing. I was raised to be a coldblooded killer, but that's partially why I left. My family has no mercy, no regrets, they don't care about the lives they ruin. They do it for fun, like somehow destroying peoples lives was no big deal. It-it was too much after a while." She picked at the grass, refusing to look up. "It probably seems pathetic to you."

"I couldn't tell you, morals and ethical dilemma, all of it doesn't make much sense to me." Hr gripped a portion of hide and began ripping of a strip of flesh, adding, "The strong and weak both fall just as easily, pathetic is a mythical concept."

Evangeline laughed, "I guess that is one way of seeing it. Although I find that those bogged down with moral dilemmas are easier to kill, the guilt makes them fight less." She began humming softly, until a small bird flew over and landed next to her. She reached a hand out and waited for it to hop onto her.

The strip of flesh gave and he took off his mask again beginning to tear into it. "Yeah, I work with instinct more than emotion, like you. How do you do it?" He looked over at her with a piece of flesh between his teeth.

"I guess that's the problem with me, emotions get in my way and make it a lot harder. But that is the only thing that keeps me sane." She lifted the bird up to her face and watched it for a moment before setting it free again.

"Yes. Your predatory technique, skills, traits. What makes you a hunter?" Finishing off the strip before grabbing for another. This was too good.

" When I was younger my family worked in two ways. Sometimes they get a target we'd be sent to assasinate. Naturally all it took was getting close to them, it was easy enough to seduce them. Humanity is so weak when it comes to lust. The kill itself depends on the person. I prefer to use knives.I lost favorite one a few weeks ago, it was rather disapointing." She frowned before continueing, "Anyways, sometimes we'd just kill for fun. My family lives next to a cliff. All it took was a song and sailors were begging for it." She smiled sadistically, "They bashed themselves against the rocks, or drowned." She said with a shrug. "There isn't much else to say."

"I won't lie, the kill itself was fun." Evangeline grined but it quickly faded, "It's that feelings that came after it. The realization or what I've done. The worst was seeing the families of the people I killed and having to act like I knew nothing." She sighed.

"Do you know any songs for me. I heard music is good with a meal." He said, going cross legged and looking at her contently.

"Depends on the kind of song you want. Truthfully I know none about wendigoes but I do know plenty of others." She leaned forward and began pulling up more grass.

"Really?" She asked. It was hard to believe that someone could be without music. She sighed and choose a simple song she'd learned as a child. Makeing sure not to use her powers to their full extent, she began to sing softly.

Odstarva laid down against the corpse, effectively letting himself be lulled. With this song he felt somewhat... Comfortable, something he hadn't had previously. He began, "People think I kill because I like suffering."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back