• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Forest of Beyond {ALWAYS OPEN}

Evangeline continued singing at a softer volume, turning to listen to him. Eager to for any chance to learn more about him, even if it was about killing.

Eyelids growing heavy, he continued, "But the tribesmen understood. They knew one of their own had indulged in the dark hunger, and that was when I was granted passage into this world." The ground began to grow cold, "She's a fool, y'know."

Worried that if she stoped he would quit talking, she continued to sing. Albeit very confused, who was the girl he talked about? Perhaps she was the one who 'indulged in the dark hunger' or maybe it was something else entirely.

"She judges me like those whom found out in the city, they never lived long. I was born of sin, it was her kind that brought me here." Crawling over to her and then bringing his face close in a whisper, "If I did kill her parents, then they shared the weight of the sins of my conduit."

Evangeline blinked, suprised at his sudden proximity before leaning back. The song came to an end and she sat in silence for a moment. "Her parents abandoned her because of the power she holds. Yet she still cares... she hates you for killing people who left her when they should have loved her."She ran a hand through her hair, "Truthfully you did her a favor."

"I don't do favors. I punish others. I didn't do her a favor." Laying his head down on the ground, "I punished her parents. And if she continues to hate me then that will just make her more susceptible to others like me."

"It doesn't work like that," Turning towards her, "I was brought here to punish the original sinner, anybody else whom suffers by my doing are suffering because of that sin. Sins never hurt just one person. I guess you could say I am the suffering, the blade held." He laid his glove on her hand, "If I decide to harm either of you, then his sin rippled to even reach you."

Evangeline closed her eyes and took a deep breath, "So why are you here then? What does the forest have to do with this sin?" She asked, glancing over at him.

"My "job" if you can call it that is to follow my nature, do what I will, and that's it. Not even to think about it." Then growing softer in tone, more curious, "What's sleep like?"

"You can't sleep." She frowned and thought for a moment, "It's peaceful, you don't have to do anything and can just rest. I can't imagine living without it. It is a chance to escape from everything. It's wonderful really." She sighed and smiled softly

"Wow. I pretended to sleep and it was just really boring, and there is this concept of peace and rest, they are used a lot, but if I really think about it, I don't know because im not capable. I told so many families, they are at peace, and just let them rest, but they were no such thing." She knew a lot, he could learn from her a great many things from her. He said, "I never got your name Siren."

"Evangeline, I'd ask for yours but Maria already told me." She said with a shrug. She glanced up at the sky, "Speaking of sleeping, I left Maria back by where we met Blue, I should probably go back. Who knows what could happen to her."

"Alright. Goodnight... I guess." She walked back into the trees. She took her time walking back through the forest and sat down next to Maria. She glanced over at the sleeping girl and smiled before leaning back and sleeping herself.

After she left he took his kill and dragged it with him close to where they were, enough so he could see them. He thought to himself More food, you can kill them right now. "no...." He wasn't sure yet.

Blue smiled appeared high up in a tree and relaxef listening to music and and reading a book humming along , birds perch on branch's near by .

Maria woke up and glanced around her. She noticed Evangeline and smiled. Maria stood up and sat on a nearby log and looked up at the sky. "Mom, Dad, I loved you....but I hated the things that you did to the people around you. That's right, I followed you because I still cared. But why would I care now? You were dead 12 years ago. Honestly, what I told Odstarva was a lie. I don't hate him, I should've left you myself if I knew that you hated my powers. At least I have a gift that not many people receive. Oh, and Mom? Murdering is not a gift. It's the hatred in your heart, yes I'm saying that you have a black hollow heart." Maria sighed, a single tear going down her cheek.

Last edited by a moderator:
"It's debatable. As comfortable as the forest floor may sound, it's really not." She sighed and ran her fingers through her tangled hair. "What I wouldn't give for a brush right about now." She muttered grumpily. Looking back up at Maria she asked, "How did you sleep?"

Odstarva spotted his "companions" moving, meaning they were awake, crunching on a shard of bone he had left some strips of flesh for the others, but that which he hadn't reserved for the others was still being eaten, almost all the flesh he took for himself was gone and he had moved onto the sinew and bone. He brought the flesh he had left for the others in his arm after he popped another bone shard into his mouth and headed to their sleeping spot.

Evangeline winced and put a hand on the other girls shoulder, "I'm sorry. Are you ok?" She asked wathcing the other girl intently.

Stepping out of the brush, Odstarva passed in front of the two and dropped the meat onto the grass between them, saying, "Food," A loud crack of the bone between his jaws before he looked around and asked, "Is the other one with us, there should be enough for her in that pile. Prepare however you like."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back