• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Beginning Of The End(Open)

He gasped for air, feeling a sudden shortage. He tried his best to keep his eyes open, but his heavy breathing was taking over and he couldn't control himself. His chest was pumping uncontrollably as he tried for air.

Chel started to panic. Should I do CPR? She thought. That was the only option. She pushed on his chest a few times. She went to his mouth and plugged his nose. She blew air into his mouth and unplugged his nose. She repeated two more times before he had air.

He rolled on his side and clutched his stomach, roughly coughing. He didn't know what to think, he couldn't think. His eyes were still closed, and he just coughed against the hard, cold basement floor.

"Are you alright? You scared me." Chel confessed as she turned him upwards, facing the ceiling. "You breathe better when your straight."

Last edited by a moderator:
Kaden tilted his head up and let out one big gasp for air, then nodded. "It-happens-a lot." He said in between breaths. "Only when i'm-panicking, kind of like an anxiety attack." He took in another breath and closed his eyes again.

Chel hugged him. "You don't have to panic when I'm here, Kaden." She suddenly started crying on him. She mumbled about the closet and claustrophobia, but it sounded like nonsense.

He let out another heavy breath. "I was panicking because I thought they got to you." He opened his knife and folded his switchblade, then hugged her back.

"What? No. I was stuck in a closet, remember?" Chel remarked. She was surprised by the hug back and smiled. She heard pounding by the steps and she got slightly tense, but not visibly. She wanted Kaden to be calm.

"Honestly, I don't remember anything except for the infected at the front door." He leans against the wall again, his breaths finally settled.

"... Why did you lock me in the closet?" Chel asked, not realising it was a stupid question. She heard the pounding on the door quieting down and she internally sighed with relief. She noticed Kaden being calm and relaxed as well.

Kaden turned his head towards Chel. "I knew that the only way for us to take out the infected was if it was easy for us to get away from them. If there was two of us out there, you could've been bitten."

"But you could've been bitten too... And I don't want to be alone again." Chel admitted, looking at the ground. Pools of water were everywhere, but she was in a dry spot. She held her backpack close and her eyes tight.

His eyes widen, almost as if something he didn't want to say slipped. "Yeah, but I wanted you safe before me. I cant watch another person die." He dropped his head and fumbled with the necklace between his fingers.

"What is that... Your necklace... You mess with It when your nervous, I presume." She said, looking at the puzzle piece. She wondered what it meant to him. Her green eyes gazed at them in curiousity.

Kaden pried his blue eyes from it and looked back at Chel. "It reminds me of home, the only memories I have that aren't corrupt." He sighs and lets it fall over his shirt. "It was my sisters."

"Oh, that's nice..." Chel pulled out a small book from her backpack. "When I was young, I had a diary and my mom forced me to right good things in it. When she left, I wrote in this one." She flipped through it, reading small pages. She stopped to one which had a huge heart in it. "My friend wrote this... 'Chel and Maddie forever.'" She closed the book with a warm smile, but quickly remembered their location.

Kaden shivered a bit from the cold. Why did it have to be turning to winter so quickly? He stood up and looked up towards the banging coming from the upstairs. "I wonder if some left. It might be cleared out other than the few on the door." Just as he walked towards the stairs, a few gunshots rang from somewhere upstairs. He looked back towards Chel with a confused and shocked expression, clutching tightly onto his knife.

Chel jumped from the sudden gunshot and stood up. She gripped her knife and looked back at Kaden, nodding. She walked up behind him and watched the door, holding her knife in an attack position.

Kaden stepped up a few steps, inching closer to the gunshots. More and more rang through the house, then a sequence of footsteps made their way around. Gunshot after gunshot there was never an ounce of silence, all until a deep tone yelled from the other room. "That's all of em'. Check for supplies." Kaden recognized his tone, he didn't know the man but he knew he was a soldier.

In modern time, soldiers were nice and only did their job. Now, they find you and shove an infection tester to your neck, and if you're infected they put a bullet through you right then and there. They don't even pity your family, they kill without warning. If you aren't infected, they take your stuff and ship you off to a quarantine zone where you can slave your days away.

He looked back at Chel and pushed her back, motioning for her to hide.

Chel nodded and felt her heart pump. She crept down the steps and his behind a tank a little but from the steps. As she crouched, she dove head first into a spider web. She spit and waved her arms until it was off and stuck out a thumbs-up for Kaden and took it down.

He looked around, trying to think of somewhere he could go and not be seen. He decided to barricade himself into a little pit, boxes surrounding him. The sound of the heavy footsteps made him cringe, and sadly, he couldn't see Chel from his position.

Chel saw Kaden go out of sight, which made her slightly more tense. The pounding footsteps made her think of thunder and she hated thunder. The door shook from someone pounding on it. She covered her mouth and the door burst open. A spoldier walked in and peered down the steps.

Kaden couldn't see only but specks through the cracks of the crates. He could tell there was a man, but couldn't tell where he was looking. "There's a basement!" He called, and another set of footsteps rushed down the stairs. Great.

Chel felt her heart race as more soilders stomped down the stairs. They stood in a circle debating where they should go. She felt tempted to shoot them all while they weren't paying attention. They quickly finished and they went in different directions. One went to the same direction that Kaden hid. Another went to the back, and the other came towards her.

Kaden heard the approaching footsteps and knew what to do. Fighting would end in him being shot, so he slipped his pocket knife in his pocket and played innocent. The soldier knackered the box above him, causing it to fall over. His gun instantly pointed towards Kaden, causing him to flinch. "Off your ass and on your feet or i'll put one between your eyes!" He yelled. Kaden instantly jumped up and stepped over the box, only to be kicked in the leg by the soldier. He fell to the ground on his knees, holding his hands behind his head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back