• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Beginning Of The End(Open)

She smiled at her small accomplishment but sleep deprivation caught up to her. Her eyelids began to droop but she finished switching just in time. She set her new backpack on the wall and lay on top of it. She grabbed a nearby blanket and closed her eyes.

He glanced over at her and faintly smiled before he too was taken over by the want for sleep. His eyes slowly fluttered closed and he felt himself falling into slumber.

Chel groaned and rolled over. Even with her eyes still shut, she couldn't grasp peaceful slumber so she sat up and rubbed her eyes. Mouth dry, she smiled at the sight of Kaden asleep. She reached into her backpack and took a sip of her warm drink. Warily, she crept to a small window and peered through. The sun was faintly visible, covered with barren trees and houses. Chel gazed intently at the outline of the sun, not hurt because it was covered too much.

Lilly sang softly, finally being able to take a shower. When she got out and got dressed she made her way down stairs and tried to find breakfast foods.

Kaden stretched his arms out over his head as he let out a rough yawn. He leaned forward, propping himself up. He looked down at the sleeping Chelsea and smiled, then stood up and stretched more.

Chel turned her head and watched as Kaden stretched. She felt tired, but she knew there was no point. She stood up and leaned against the wall, un-balanced. She did the same as him and gazed at the sun as she did so.

Once he finished stretching, he looked at Chel, then the door. "I think Lilly's up." He said in almost a whisper. He walked past Chel and to the door, pushing it open and making his way down the hall to follow the sound.

Chel got off the wall to follow Kaden with interest. She, surprisingly, forgot her backpack in the room and searched the kitchen for Lilly and food.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kaden sighed with relief as he saw that Lilly was there and it wasn't any infected. He looked over at the counter and pulled it open, looking for anything to eat.

Chel, filled with relief, started with the cabinets. Looking for cans, she found few but it was enough. "Do you guys want... Spaghettios?" She asked sarcastically. She opened one for herself and waited for their response before digging in.

Kaden looks at her and raises an eyebrow at the can in her hand, then looks back at all the empty cans in front of him. He pushes them aside, trying to find something for him or the others.

"Suit yourself!" Chel laughed and poured some into her mouth. Cold and gross, she spit them out. "Ugh, gross!" She ran to the faucet and wish-washed the taste out of her mouth.

Kaden chuckled at her, then pulled out a can with the label ripped off. It was unopened, so he handed placed it on the counter next to Chel and began digging through the counters again.

"I don't trust you, can!" Chel told it, glaring. She pushed the can father away from her and started looking through the cabinets and drawers, hoping to find something else.

After being unsuccessful, he closed the cabinet and sighed. "Nothing." He complained. He walked over to the can resting on the counter and down into his boot, pulling out his switchblade.

Chel pulled herself onto the counter and sat on it. She rested her chin on her knees, which were against her chest. She closed her eyes but didn't fall asleep. Instead, she listened to the surroundings, and the movement, and every creak in the old floorboards.

Kaden used his knife to remove the top of the can and pry it open. Once he did, he took a close look at the bean-like food inside. He took a smell of it before making a questioning look at it.

"How is it?" Chel asked, keeping her eyes closed, depending on her other senses. She held her hands in front of her knees, pressing a fingernail into her palm.

Kaden puts some in his mouth, slightly humming. "Its not bad." He says, putting some more in his mouth before setting it down next to Chel.

Chel opens one eye slightly and picks up the can. She then closed her eyes and takes a swig. "You're right..." She set the can down and slid it towards Kaden. Suddenly, she remembered reality and the zombies and closed her eyes tighter.

Kaden eats more of the beans, then furrows his eyebrows at Chel. "Are you okay?" He asked, unsure of what to say.

Chel sighed. "This isn't, but I am." She responded, this meaning everything. She dug her fingernail harder until she swear she was bleeding. "I just... Feel so alone, you know? My parents... They kicked me out awhile back. Now I'm scared when someone is going to leave me and I feel like... You guys will..." She took a deeper sigh and felt a tear drop from her closed eyes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kaden stepped closer and wiped the tear off of her cheek. "I've been left before, I know how it feels." He sighs, sitting on the counter next to her. After a short pause of thinking, he spoke again. "I hate it."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back