• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Tale of Two Survivors { The Last of Us 1x1 with icedthemoon }

Nathaniel Matthews and Carlos Da Silva
Former Firefly, Aspiring Artist | 21, 25 | Current location ;; Montana

Nate pulled Alex to the door and opened it before stepping out and checking to make sure no one was around. It seemed pretty calm out in the trees. That was always a good sign. He doubted that the hunters came out this far to look for them if they even bothered to send anyone. He moved out of the way to make room for Carlos and Kaleb. Carlos moved behind Kaleb to exit through the cabin door which he closed behind them. “Lead the way, Handsome. Show us your forest skills.”

Alexander Brennan and Kaleb Price
Former Seraphite, Former FEDRA officer | 19, 27 | Current location ;; Montana

Alex followed Nate to the door, watching as he stepped out and checked it. Alex doubted the hunters had come this far out. They weren't worth the effort in the end. He pulled out the map and looked around for a moment. "Okay. Let's get moving" Alex said slipping the map back in his pack. He turned to the left of the cabin and walked straight. "This should take us straight to the Washington border. It shouldn't take too long, maybe like four days or so? Unless we have any more issues" Alex said. Kaleb moved forward, eyes on Alex, knowing Carlos was behind him in case he needed him.

Carlos raised his hands even though no one could see them. “I will try not to fall into anymore trouble.” Which would admittedly be difficult since he was known for being trouble. At least now he was pretty good at getting out of all types of trouble. That was what happened when you spent actual years of your life traveling the country and meeting all sorts of crazy things along the way. Nate followed Alex, though his attention was split between where they were heading and making sure that Kaleb was good. He did not need to check Carlos anymore, because apparently fear for your partner’s life was enough to tell your body that something like his injury was nothing in comparison. Alex seemed to be practically back to perfect, so that left him and his own leg injury which he also mostly forgot about. As long as they did not run into trouble that was not Carlos being Carlos, hitting that border was going to be nothing.

Kaleb had looked back at that. “Yeah, okay. I’ll believe that when I see it love.” He told Carlos with a chuckle. He literally knew that it was impossible for Carlos to avoid trouble. But he wouldn’t change him for anything. He still remembered how dead set against having Carlos as anything more than traveling partner. Now he couldn’t imagine life without him. It was like his life was incomplete without him. Alex looked back at Nate who was following him and held out a hand for him to walk beside Alex.

Nate, distracted by the two behind them, did not see Alex’s hand for a moment. When he did, he widened his gait, and joined him at his side. “Hi,” he said quietly. It was silly but it felt right in the moment. It was also silly that it made his chest flutter like they weren’t an established unit now. Partners in everything. Carlos also took greater lengths to be beside Kaleb especially now that he had more things to say. “I promise that I will try.” That was all he could really do. It was not his fault that trouble found him equally as often as he sought it out. “I promise that I won’t run off to battle a whole room full of infected on my own. Or blow up said room and then call the rest of the infected in the building over to me. That makes me practically not trouble, right?”

Alex smiled seeing Nate come up beside, taking his hand. “Hi, fancy seeing you around here.” Alex laughed lightly. He turned his head and kissed the side of Nate’s head. He loved this, loved being here with Nate and their little family. Kaleb noticed Carlos come up beside him and he slowed so their gaits matched. “A promise to try is better than a promise to stay away from trouble completely.” He admitted. “I’d appreciate you not risking life or limb just to kill infected.”

Nate giggled. It was little and goofy, and he giggled. Then noticing that he did just that, he giggled again. Giggles beset giggles until he was covering his face with his free hand, looking away and hoping that he could get himself under control. It seemed unlikely since every time he looked back over at Alex, he laughed again. It wasn’t that Alex was necessarily super funny or anything. He was so immensely enjoying his life that he couldn’t help it. They were learning that he was a giggly kind of guy when they weren’t careful.

“Mm, but baby it’s so much more fun when life and limbs are on the line,” Carlos whined with a smirk. Before he could potentially be scolded he added, “but I promise for you not to intentionally do something stupid unless it’s necessary. Like if your life is in danger. Then I promise to do something incredibly stupid.”

Alex just smiled, he loved those giggles. It was a beautiful sound to him. He watched as Nate covered his face and looked away. “You just can’t stop over there. We should call you Giggles instead of Medicine Man.” Alex told him, smiling wide as he listened to Nate.

Kaleb was about to say something after Carlos’ first comment but then he heard the second part and chuckled. “If it’s necessary to risk life and limb for me, then I guess it’s okay at that point. That’s it though.” Kaleb told him with a laugh.

That only made him giggle harder. “If you call me that, I will never ever be able to stop,” he managed to choke out as he forced him body to calm. It was extremely difficult, because the thought of what was happening only made it worse. Alex’s smile, that big, wide one where his lips decided to make their own country, was so infectious that then he was smiling real big and laughing and was downright a mess.

Carlos shrugged. “Besides, I don’t mean to make stupid choices. I go where the wind takes me and sometimes that’s in an abandoned arena running from a particularly nasty and determined bloater. And his very many friends.” Another shrug. “Which was for you. Always for you, and that’s why you’re not angry with me.” He flashed his most charming of smiles.

Alex chuckled seeing Nate's reaction to even just his smile. It made him fall more in love with him, and he was upset with himself that it took this long for him to admit it. As he thought back on everything they'd gone through, and how close they'd gotten it was amazing how long it took for them to actually realize their feelings. If they hadn't met Kaleb and Carlos, would they still be separate instead of one unit? Had it really taken two strangers that became family for them to figure out their own feelings? "You don't have to stop, I think its adorable" Alex told him with a smile.

Kaleb looked at him before he shook his head playfully. "You made one stupid choice, you followed me from the quarantine zone. And not two hours in you got a whole horde of infected after us. Though I do appreciate the things you do for me, doesn't mean I always like or agree with them." He told Carlos with a smile, seeing that charming smile on his face. "I don't think I could get angry with you, at least not anymore." Kaleb added with a laugh.

Nate absolutely having fallen into what could only be described as a giggle fit, was shocked enough by Alex’s words to stop the giggles long enough to sheepishly look at him and ask “Really?” Adorable? He could t see it. He liked it. He liked that Alex found him adorable. And then he giggled again because he was sure that he looked like an idiot.

“That’s what scavenged nail bombs are for, my love. Who doesn’t like a good spattering? That was the moment I learned art didn’t have to stay as only paint. It could also be…. Explosive.” Carlos kissed Kaleb’s cheek. “I’m not sorry that I annoyed you that bad. Best decision I ever made. You would be such a killjoy if I didn’t drag you out of that mindset.” He did sometimes think back on how very insistent and pushy he was and feel kind of bad. He did not always handle things the best way, but it was new for him too. He was learning how to be himself outside of a QZ as well as with another person who wasn’t like the rest of the people he ever had.

Alex looked over at him when he stopped giggling for a moment. He saw that sheepish look which of course he also found absolutely adorable. There wasn't much about Nate he didn't find adorable. Alex nodded. "Really." He said and then laughed when Nate giggled again. Again how had he not realized how much he loved this man sooner?

Kaleb shook his head with a laugh. "Only you would consider bombing a group of infected to be an art form." He said with a smile, he loved the kiss on his cheek. "You were very persistent would be the better term." Kaleb said. He remembered how much he'd tried to push Carlos away, how he tried his hardest to keep him away so he couldn't be hurt again. And eventually he'd let Carlos in.

He was destined to be a ball of red for the rest of time. Nate was going to be a giggly mess, because once he started it was hard to stop. He didn’t know this about himself until he met Alex. Not to mention he really loved that Alex saw him that way. His laugh was so pure and genuine. It made him feel like everything was right in the world. He leaned his head against Alex’s. “I think I love you.”

“Love, how can you not see it after all this time? It doesn’t last long but for a moment, it is the purest of art. The art of a moment. The art of stillness and calm in an act of horrific violence.” He shook his head, lost in the memory of countless beautiful explosions. “Don’t tell me you don’t love it. What is more romantic than blowing up a bunch of infected to save the man who holds your heart? Nothing. Nothing is more romantic than that. Romantic not persistent.” Okay, he was persistent. That was true. But he knew what he wanted, and he aimed to have it.

Alex could listen to Nate giggle all the time. It was a sound that Alex could listen to forever. It brought light to his soul and he didn't know how he'd ever lived without it. He laughed again, feeling Nate's head against his. "Oh? You only think you love me?" Alex asked him. He paused their walking, turned to face Nate, placed both hands on Nate's face, one on each cheek, and kissed him, the same way he'd done before. The Alex special. About a moment later he pulled away and smiled at Nate.

Kaleb shook his head with a laugh. "I just don't have the same vision you do dear." Kaleb told him. "I never said I didn't love it. Oh that's what it supposed to be? Romantic" He looked up ahead to see Alex stop and Kaleb stopped too.

Nate bit his lip like that was somehow going to be what helped him bring it all back together. Okay, so maybe that was a little silly since he absolutely knew that the giggles were happening purely because of the immense love that he felt for Alex, but sometimes being silly was simply the way-
Oh.
Okay.
When Alex pulled away, Nate was positively melty. His body followed Alex just a little as he left him, and an involuntary sad sigh escaped his lips. It was only then that he realized that his own hands were attached to Alex’s chest, gripping any fabric his fingers could find.

Carlos grinned. “There is nothing more romantic than exploding a handful of infected that you brought down on everyone.” Carlos stopped so Kaleb stopped, looking towards the display in front of him. “Okay, maybe I was wrong. Maybe that’s more romantic.

Alex hadn't wanted to pull away, but breathing was unfortunately a thing that people had to do in order to live. He noticed that Nate's body had followed him a little when he pulled away, and heard that sad sigh. How on Earth did he find someone like Nate? How did he get that lucky. Alex had no idea. But he wasn't asking questions. He looked down to see Nate's fingers gripping the fabric of his shirt and he looked back up at Nate again. "So, tell me. Do you think you love me or do you actually love me?" He asked with a grin.

Kaleb had looked forward at the two and chuckled a little. "I'm glad they finally realized their feelings for each other." Kaleb said, looking at Carlos with a smile. He was so grateful that he'd let Carlos into his life. It was the best decision he'd ever made.

Nate’s eyes were closed, breathing heavy, and fingers locked like it would save him from falling. He willed the ragged breath to calm before opening his eyes. He still clung to Alex’s shirt without any sign of releasing him. He had to process the question and extra long time before his mind really understood the words that Alex was asking. He let out a breathy laugh and nodded. “I love you,” he answered, voice barely audible.

“Remember when we were young and in love and couldn’t keep our hands off of each other?” Carlos reached a hand out, turned Kaleb’s face, and kissed him lightly. “I do, it was yesterday.” He chuckled at his own joke, but at the same time, it was still very true. If Carlos had his way, he would always be attached. He always had been that kind of person.

Alex could hear that heavy breathing. He watched as Nate opened his eyes and he smiled. Alex chuckled hearing that breathy laugh and then he nodded. “I thought so. I love you too.” He responded, kissing Nate’s forehead. “So we have a problem, either you let go of my shirt so we can both walk, or you let me carry you so we can keep going.” Alex said with a laugh.

Kaleb arched an eyebrow at Carlos who had put a hand in his face and turned his head. Kaleb kissed him back when Carlos kissed him. “Yesterday? Does today not count?” Kaleb asked, leaning forward and kissed Carlos this time, gently. Before he pulled back.

Nate closed his eyes once more as Alex kissed his forehead. He was not going to make it if this was how they were going to be all the time. He was never going to be able to walk again. At the question he floundered. He opened his eyes, trying to think, but the red across his face spoke better than his voice ever could. “Uh,” he managed but the trouble with words was that the brain had to function enough to create them, and now that he had this choice, he struggled. It was not the choice. He was not capable of really even thinking about it. This feistier Alex was a whole different level that Nate was simultaneously not use to and also very much into. So the answering thing didn’t so much happen.

Carlos shook his head. “Nope. Today we’re old and in love and not nearly as handsy as I was when I was young, in love, and also stupid.” He squinted his eyes, pulled the corners of his mouth down comically, then gave up and laughed. “Yeah, I was stupid. In love and stupid.” He shook his head at the memories. “But! Now we’re not young. Marriage means we’re officially old. But also,” he spoke in a low tone, raspy like years ago, “I could always be that again.”

Last edited:

Alex chuckled at the red face, and the little 'uh' from Nate. Now that he knew they loved each other, it was as if all the walls came crashing down from Alex. He wasn't so guarded anymore and he found out that he loved kissing Nate. He just loved everything about the man. It was a strange feeling at first, but he'd gotten use to it. "Well. I guess I'm picking you up" Alex said, seeing that Nate wasn't moving, and he was still holding on to his shirt. Alex brought one arm under his knees and the other behind his back. Like Nate weighed nothing, Alex picked him up. "Now you can hold onto my shirt and we can move." Alex said with a chuckle.

He looked at Carlos and chuckled. "Is that so? I feel like the only thing that changed was our age." Kaleb said with a teasing grin. He looked over and his eyes widened. "Looks like you aren't the only one to carry him now." Kaleb said, gesturing to Alex currently holding Nate in his arms.

Nate did not expect to get scooped, and even if he had, he would not expect for it to have been such a fluid and seamless movement like that. He knew Alex was strong. He and Carlos were both clearly enamored of his strong arms, though Carlos had a thing with muscle that Nate did not have. Nate could watch Alex draw the string of his bow back and jump through trees for ages. Those were muscles. Beautiful muscles of honed skills. And yet, even tho it just he objectively knew that this all meant that Alex was on of their strongest, Nate still was not expecting this. As he was suddenly in Alex’s arms, he blinked with an involuntary “Oh!” and stared at Alex with the marvel he always did. Superhero. Alex was a superhero, and he chose Nate to be his citizen love. Would he ever stop being amazed? No probably not. He continued to cling to this shirt, trying to process what just happened. Finally, he settled into a smile and nodded. “Okay.” His voice sounded like it was drawn out by a sheer contentment that he had not really had before. Pure bliss in the arms of his Alex. “I like this compromise. It’s not particularly… practical.” He nestled his head into Alex’s chest. “But it’s cozy.”

Carlos watched this new display and clapped once in approval. “I have taught him so well. That is exactly the kind of thing I would do to you. Right now. And also then. So maybe nothing really has changed.” He gestured towards the two. “Young, in love, and probably less stupid than I was when I was still older than both of them. But man are they so cute. Makes me a little jealous to be honest.”

Alex had heard that little 'oh' when he'd picked him up, and stared at him. He laughed lightly, playfully. He saw that smile on Nate's face after a moment, and he smiled back. He also heard the drawn out word from Nate. He couldn't help but feel his heart rate increase a little at the feeling of Nate's head nestled in his chest. "Practical or not, I'm fine with this if you are." Alex said. He would hold Nate in his arms all day, then sleep in his arms at night. He sent a smile and a little wink back at Carlos when he heard the man clap.

Kaleb rolled his eyes. "Unfortunately it looked like he listened." Kaleb chuckled. "You were pretty stupid back then, but that's why I had to stick around. Keep you from doing something really stupid." He added, looking at Carlos.

When it was just the two of them, laying close together, guarded behind many doors and in a bed beside their family who would always work to protect them too, Nate felt safe. That was the safest he felt in months. Once upon a time, he was surrounded by the safety in numbers of the people who loved the most. He never thought he could top that. He was wrong. In this moment, cradled in Alex’s arms, holding into him because he was an anchor that could never break, he had never felt so safe. Carlos’ arm may have been bigger and stronger and his mama’s may have come with a different kind of bond. Alex’s spread a warmth unlike either of the other two. He was perfect. Always perfect. Flaws and all. He tilted his chin up to smile at that perfect face and kiss what was meant to be his cheek but ended up being the line of his jaw.

“Mm you’re lucky I am happily taken by another, Handsome. The more confident you become, the more tempting you are.” He sent a wink back before facing Kaleb. “Don’t worry , my love. I learned very quickly even the most tempting never tempted me like you.” He thought for a moment. “And I’m pretty sure I did stupid things to keep you.”

Alex had started walking, carefully, keeping Nate secure and close in his arms. He had never felt so protective, never thought he'd be carrying someone in his arms. Alex could only describe this as the best thing in his life. He blushed at the kiss on his jawline, tipping his head down to look at Nate. "You look very comfortable there, but if you want me to ever set you down, let me know. I don't want to make you uncomfortable." He told Nate with a smile. And he didn't, Alex never wanted to make Nate anything other than happy. He looked back at the other two. "Sorry, but I'm happily taken at this point." He said back to Carlos, a teasing tone as he turned back ahead to keep going.

Kaleb rolled his eyes playfully as he heard Carlos. "I'm not worried love. I know that no one will ever take you from me" Kaleb told him with a smile, before he nodded. "You really did do some stupid things to keep me, and I tried so hard to resist you" He said, as he started walking again when Alex did.

Nate shook his head. “Nope, I’m comfy. You don’t ever have to let me go. Unless of course we’re being actively attacked or need to move faster or…um. Other things?” There went his brilliant mind. It was probably already mostly gone, but now he was sure it was no longer there. Maybe not ever again. He was stop comfortable. “Wait. At this point? Do you plan on not being happily taken? Because if so, I would like to know about this plan of yours.”

Carlos smirked. “Babe, you could never resist this. I’m delectable,” he harkened back to a very early conversation of theirs with a wink and a knowing smile. He followed after Alex with a feeling of true belonging. He always felt like he belonged next to Kaleb, but he never felt like they had a home. Now, following these two younger men, he knew that’s where they were heading. They were finally heading home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back