• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Department of Defense Against the Supernatural

Her boots hit the wooden stairs down to the bookstore, her sleep deprived state shown through her messy hair and the askew glasses. After unlocking the door and flipping the sign, she plopped her butt into the chair. Her head hit the desk and soon snores followed suit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Corin came back a bit later with a breakfast sandwich and a large drink that was more than likely donated blood- hospitals and other places sold that in an attempt to keep the vampires a peaceful population. "So, piper, can we go yet?" He asked, after he finished up his meal.

@Sleipnir

"Sure," Piper told him, standing up. "What time is it now — 8:30? That should be good enough."

Near the port of New Orleans, the creature known as Yog-Dagor precedes to begin its attack. A massive, dark tentacle covered in numerous forming and unforming eyes and mouths reaches from the water and grabs a passing cargo ship and precedes to throw the ship into the port causing multiple workers and vehicles to be crushed. The massive creature then fully emerges from the water, causing anyone who is watching to lose their minds at the mere sight of it, and makes it's way to the port. As this is happening, multiple rock like objects land on earth and release numerous insect like creatures known as the Mi-go, which begin to cause chaos and destruction.

She woke up as the first customer came in, a very bright eyed and bushy tailed one, might I add.

They grabbed what they wanted and soon left, making her let out a string of curses in many different languages, too. "I hate mornings..."

Tulula arrived at the office with a chocolate shake and a bagel in her hands. "Good morning, Corin! Morning Piper!" She said cheerfully, taking a bite out of her bagel. Today she was wearing a "born to be awesome, not perfect" t shirt and a pair of boot cut jeans. "Sorry I'm late, what did I miss?"

"Not much," Piper assured her. "We're just about to head out to do an interview. Want to come with us?"

Meanwhile, another customer entered the library. He was tall, with slightly messy dark brown hair, an intense look to him. He didn't immediately approach the counter, instead wandering the shelves on his own without addressing the purple-haired girl.

"Do you need some help?" She calls to the stranger, hoping he responds with a yes. She found it unnerving when people came in to the bookstore without saying hello, or even asking for help.

Tulula smiled. "Sure thing!" She said. "So, what are we working on today? Same case?" She asked after taking a long slurp of her shake. "Because I thought long and hard about that. I did a little research, and it seems that the tapestry has been passed down from generation to generation. Were there any more cases like this previously?"

Corin smiled cheerfully at her and said, "Good morning! And no, I hadn't seen anything unusual, of course we weren't looking for heart attack victims at the time. I'll check again after the interview. Say, would you like to come with us to talk with the family? I'd say it's time for the challenge."

Tulula nodded. "Absolutely!" Ooooo boy, A case! "Demon tapestry, here we come!" She called out to no one I. Particular. "So where are we meeting them?"

"We'll stop by their house first, if they aren't home, we'll stop by their work. The two of them own a bookstore together," He explained, grabbing his coat again as he tossed his food to the trash "PIPER!" he called, "It's showtime, sleeping beauty!"

Talithor sensed the awakening if it's master and giggled maniacally. "Fun for Talithor!" It whispered, teleporting to where Yog-Dagor was. "Master," it said, bowing low. "Talithor is here to sssserve," it drew out its last 's' sounding ended with a high-pitched cackle.

Piper stood up. "Got it, Maleficent," she called back, making her way toward the door.

The man turned toward her, frowning slightly, then nodded. "Yes, actually. I need to see the obituaries from the last six months," he told her. "where can I find those?"

Greyston, Piper, and Tulula headed out to the house, when they got to the modest two story, three bedroom house in the suburbs, they learned the couple had already gone to work, naturally prompting Greyston to complain to Piper about not leaving sooner.

Then they headed to the bookstore that the Heights owned.

Having destroyed the port and some of the surrounding area, I summon for my main minion to give him a task.

The group had left just before the call came in to the department about a case much bigger than any they had tackled before.

@Kylesar1

The phone in Luke's office rang out with said call.

Meanwhile, A tall blond woman in a bombers jacket, a grey tank, and jeans entered the bookstore, she went right up to the counter, and looked at Alexa with her intense blue eyes. "I heard that Rollins published a new book. Do you have it in yet?" Lilliana asked.

Tulula, who shuddered after she looked at the tapestry and was glad to leave, followed dutifully to the bookstore. She walked in and she stopped cold. "So many books...... Oh my gosh, this is heaven!" She spotted a specific book. "EEEEEEE!" She jumped up and down and squealed like a delighted child. "Oh my gosh, THE HOBBIT! I've been looking for this book for like EVER!" She grabbed the book delicately and turned to the first page. "In a hole in the ground, there lived a hobbit....." She whispered.

"Have you never been in a bookstore before, Lula?" Greyston asked, amused by her excitement over a book. He glanced around the store, and spotted the desk, where Liliana turned to see who had made such a fuss.

Immediately the tall man turned sharply, giving all his attention to the trio who had appeared while ignoring the girl in the bomber jacket. One human. Two non-humans. One vampire. He clenched his jaw but simply turned his attention back to his search for death records.

Piper put a hand on the younger girl's shoulder. "Calm down there. We're in here for a reason, remember?"

Tulula blushed. "I used to have the nickname 'bookworm'..." She said, putting the boom back on the shelf. "I just.... Love books, and J. R. R. Tolkien is my favorite author." She smiled sheepishly. "Sorry. Back to the case."

Luke looked at the phone ringing and yawned. He waited for the 5th ring before answering. "What BS is happening now?" The call came from the department, and straight to him at that. It'd usually go to Corin or Piper. This was going to be a pain in the ass

@KattRai

"We need you to come in as soon as you can." One of his colleagues said, "We got some weird information coming from down around New Orleans. Greyston and Reed are out talking with the Heights family, we are calling everyone in for this one." The agent on the other line was clearly a younger, newer employee, and there was concern woven through his voice. In the background, just barely audible a couple of other voices could be heard, calling in some of the other members of the Department.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back