• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Department of Defense Against the Supernatural

Piper glanced at the messages and responded back. "I haven't been able to find anything," she texted. "If this is a cursed object, it's not a well-known one."

(Soooo... Is there any further info on this tapestry or are we building what exactly it's meant to be from scratch?)

'got it.' He texted back 'I'm heading your way with kaluah and creme down here.' He sent that, then thought better of it, 'Don't tell her I called her that, that's a terrible nickname.'

Greyston stood, and headed to return the book to it's home in evidence, then motioned for his trainee to follow him back to his and Pipers desk, he figured he'd let her come help out, on the job training is good, after all

Last edited by a moderator:
Luke texted from his car. "I'll explain the tapestry sometime later.

He got back to the office soon after. He brought in the items and the scanbot. "Here are all the items: A gun, a sword, clothes with differing magic residue than the woman in question, and of course the all Demon City tapestry. You have to interview the family first. We need to know the family structure, so we can see if it connects to the family or the grandfather. We'll need to check medical records, therapy, blah blah blah. We all know the drill on how to find a potentially mentally insane criminal. There's really not much I can do anymore without it."

"Understood, thanks, Luke" Greyston said, "We'll get on that right away, right, Piper? Say, does it seem strange that a tapestry like that ended up in the care of an old man here? He's wealthy enough, but that's got to be one expensive cloth, I've seen enough art to know old when I see it. Hmm, well, we'll see if her parents know where the old man got it from."

Piper nodded. "We can talk to them tomorrow. That way we don't have to be the ones to give the news about their daughter. It's been a rough couple of months for them." She began working on the computer again.

"I agree, let the local police handle that bit, we're doing all the heavy lifting, after all." Greyston said. He glanced at the clock and stretched, "besides, it's almost time to head home."

Noyeh was drinking a cup of coffee, he was fixing up things in the Mechanic's Shop. He sat down in a chair after he was done, being tired, he just rested, he wouldn't do much about anything. He laughed at what he was doing, so he got up, and walked out of the Shop. He turned around the sign, it now saying 'Closed'. Noyeh was bored, he didn't have anything fun to do. He had a Backpack on, he stopped walking, as he put the bag down and opened the zipper. Grabbing a book on Nikola Tesla, closing the zipper and carrying it on his back.

Opening the book, reading from page 1 forward. He stopped for a second, thinking. I have an amazing idea! No that wouldn't work. Fuck! I have no idea of what to do! Ugh. He pushed all of his thoughts out of the way. Still reading the book, he stopped again, and just well stood. He was bored, so he walked to his apartment, once he made it, he opened the door and walked in. Noyeh closed the door behind him, and aimed for the bed, laying down, he closed his eyes and went to sleep.

The clock was getting late. Luke decided to clock out "Since the family interview is tomorrow, I can't do a thing, so I won't stay late. See you all tomorrow."

Luke went home. With nothing in particular on his mind, he went to sleep uneventfully

(I'm ready for day 2)

Deep beneath Gulf of Mexico, an ancient horror from beyond the stars awakens from it`s slumber and begins on a journey to the nearest land mass with malevolent intentions.

Tuesday Morning

The next day, Greyston actually got there before the sun rose- as usual- and started the office coffee brewing. As he waited for Piper to get there, he found some string quartets to listen to. He liked modern music well enough, he just enjoyed the sophistication of violins and stand up basses to the electrical noises. 'Hurry up, Piper, I wanna go talk to the family!' He texted her, at approximately 6:30 in the morning, not thinking they may not even be awake

Luke woke up, tired. Once again, not much sleep. This case was on his mind more than he originally thought. He grabbed a Monster and chugged it down.. Feeling the energy flowing after a minute, he decided to head to the station. He'd get some coffee, but Corin was the coffee type so he definitely made some.

Luke walked in and grabbed some coffee. He was far earlier than usual

Adding a lot of sugar and cream, he greeted Corin while stirring "Yo. Time to get more stuff done today." he said, sipping his diabetic coffee. "Hope this family holds information." He was steadily getting more comfortable with the crew. The music wasn't bad either.

Piper groaned, picking up her phone to look at the message. She proceeded to throw it across her room, glad it was a very sturdy model, and rolled over to fall back asleep.

She woke up again half an hour later to get ready and went into the office. She brushed her hair out of her face as she entered. "Do you have to text so early? They probably aren't awake yet," Piper said, staring unpleasantly at her partner.

"Yeah," Corin said nodding, "I wish Piper would hurry up, if they don't have anything for us... well, honestly I won't be surprised. But I will be disappointed. Greatly." He poured another coffee for himself, and sipped on the black coffee.

When his partner entered, he nearly flew to his feet. "Everyone should be awake. And yes, I do. I'm ready, you should be ready, though, it is nice to see you let your hair down." he said with a bit of a cocky smirk.

"It's code for, 'Someone wouldn't let me sleep and I didn't want to put it up,'" Piper told Greyston, looking at him. "Let's go, then."

He looked at Piper and Corin "Well, it's 7:30 in the morning. No sane human should have to wake up this early. Will this family be willing to be interviewed this early in the morning?"

"Well, It's a good look." Corin told Piper, then he looked at Luke and said, "You're up this early, what's with you humans and your infinite capacity for sleep?"

"Excuse us, O Mighty Vampire," Piper said sarcastically. "I could say the same about your kind with blood." She sat down. "I'm going to look a couple things up before we go. Give 'em time to get up."

Corin groaned audibly, and quite unnecessarily. "Well, While you're doing that, I might as well fetch myself a snack. I'll be back in 10," He said, Heading towards the door and grabbing his coat.

Noyeh waking up from the sleepless night, he literally woke up in the middle of the night, not being able to sleep. He looked over at his Backpack, walking over to it and picking it up. As he walks to the exit, he opens the door and closes it as he leaves. Walking down the stairs, he did nothing except walk. Carrying his backpack, some man bumped into him and took his bag and ran off. Noyeh with a blank stare ran as fast as he could to get back his bag. The man entered an alleyway, Noyeh followed him into the area. The wall next to him was pure Iron, putting his hand on it, the iron turned into liquid and shifted into a sword. A huge hole in the wall next to him.

He ran directly towards the man, stabbing him right directly in the heart. "My bag is my bag." Leaving the Iron Sword stabbed right directly in the man's heart, he grabs his bag and walks over to the Mechanic's Shop. Opening the door and turning the sign around, it now saying 'Open'. As he walks over to a chair, he rests, trying to push everything out of his mind.

"I keep all my snacks in my office. I do need breakfast though." Luke left to grab some breakfast.

Getting back an hour later, Luke got to work on lame-ass paperwork. It was easy, but he took his time to run down the clock, until the case at hand became the main subject.

In a distant solar system far from earth, an ancient, advance race of man sized insect like creatures known as the Mi-go sense that their master has awaken. Sensing the awakening of their master, Yog-Dagor, the Mi-go begin their journey to earth, wanting to serve in their master's plan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back