• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Department of Defense Against the Supernatural

Upon nearing New Orleans I call out to my minions in voice that sounded like a hundred people speaking at once. Go out my apostles, bring chaos and death to this human city, make them fear at the mere mention of Yog-Dagor! My minions then precede to fly towards the city.

Last edited by a moderator:
"We can store it, that's kind of what we do!" Greyston said, his voice muffled by the desk, he was sitting behind.

All of this conversation was greatly intriguing to Lilliana, who listened in as she was skimming the back of a book.

Talithor stood next to its master and cackled maniacally. "Masssster, Talithor is waiting." It stuck out its long black tongue and sniffed the air. "Talithor smells a Black Dog, Masssster." It hissed.

"I need to be very sure of where it ends up," the man pressed. "When I say it must stay away from human eyes — that means permanently."

"What's so special about it?" Piper asked suddenly, turning her attention to him. "You know it's evidence to a suspicious death, right?"

"I understand that," the man replied.

"And that means you're a suspect now, or at the very least involved." Piper continued.

"Yes," he said again. "And the sword. You keep it away from the sword. Keep one, I need the other."

sitanomoto said:
Talithor informin t to its master and cackled maniacally. "Masssster, Talithor is waiting." It stuck out its long black tongue and sniffed the air. "Talithor smells a Black Dog, Masssster." It hissed.
Sensing my minions arrival I focus my numerous forming and unforming eyes and give it an order. Talithor, go and assist the Mi-go in taking the city!

Last edited by a moderator:
(Oh, by the way, her form changing was Corin's fault...)

Her body shifted back to its original state, purple hair and all.

She opened her differently shaded green eyes and mumbled to Corin.

"What happened?"

(Wait... I think i missed something, let me re read!)

Corin stood, and faced the man, staying where he is. "Who are you, what are you, and why on earth should we trust you?" He pressed, feeling those were questions that needed to be asked. "And being super hot is not a good enough reason to trust you."

(Ah, no I didn't, okay. I understand, I think. Corin is just very torn between two things to focus on, that's why he's going back and forth.)

Talithor screeched loudly (btw, Talithor is an IT, not a he or a she.) and a legion of Mi-go immediately followed it to the city. "FLY , MI-GO, FLY, AND CARRY OUT YOUR MASTER'S BIDDING!" It cackled like the wicked witch of the west and teleported from building to building.

"What would happen if it came into contact with the sword?" Tulula asked. "Would it rip apart reality?" This was starting to sound like a good book idea!

(I'm sorry, that made me die laughing...anybody else?)

"You just sounded so much like Captain Jack Harkness right there..."

She laughed to herself as she tried to get up, before failing miserably.

(Please tell me someone knows who he is...)

Corin's attention turned immediately from the dog to Alexa, and he leaned back down. "You fell." He says. "And started glowing, too. That bit was very interesting. Are you certain you're human?" He asked the girl, careful not to touch her.

"That's Dr. Who, right?" He asked in reply to her comparison, smiling. "I'm pretty sure my partner is convinced that he's based on me."

"I don't know what I am now...I just assumed it was a curse or something like that...I never glowed before..."

She hugged herself, placing her head on her knees. "Am I a first?"

"Yeah, he is...he's also really, really hot..."

"maybe, but if it's any consolation, you aren't a first oddity we've encountered." He told her, "If you'd like, I'm sure we can help you out, that's one of the things we do."

The man gave Greyston an unusual look then turned to Tulula. "No, it won't tear apart reality. However," he looked back at Piper and Greyston. "My name — that doesn't matter. What am I — also irrelevant. What is relevant is that you can trust me because I am the original owner of the tapestry. It is cursed and responsible for the death of the girl, I fear, if your Department is involved. The sword triggers it. It is a dark kind of magic and needs to be locked away."

"Oracles are not unheard of, and no one really knows how those humans were able to see through time. It's curious, that's for sure." Greyston said, reassuring Alexa while listening in on the conversation with that man. He let Piper and Tulula reply, surely they'd know what to do here, he couldn't keep holding two conversations at once.

Piper stared blankly at him. "You... What? You just admitted to murder," she pointed out.

He scoffed. "Not murder. Manslaughter," he corrected. "But not really... What is it when a person's unwieldy dog mauls someone to death?"

Tulula's eyes narrowed. "And how are you still alive? It killed the girl, so how did it not kill you?" She asked suspiciously, rubbing her glasses corner.

"Not an oracle, oracles can't see into someone else's past." She shrugged and ran her hands through her hair. "I hate this...don't hate me for saying this, but your nickname with me, now, is Harkness."

"That's the part you never hear about" Corin says with a small smile. Listening to the other conversation, here, he felt the need to cut in with, "When the owner knows the dog is dangerous, it's homicide!" His voice was still muffled by the desk, then he returned his attention to Alexa, "And I suppose that's fair, but I'll be finding something to call you, too. Just wait, I find something to call everyone eventually."

"I trust you will, but the moment you call me Goldie, I will attack you with my bat." She points to the bat under her desk, showing him where it was and it was real.

"So, Harkness....am I a new creature? A new species? A rare one?"

He sighed. "I tried to get at it. I lost track of it for a little while. But the point still remains — I need to get it away from the public. You will be better off for it."

Tulula stifled a giggle after hearing Corin and Alexa's conversation. "Ok, so this dog is yours? What's his name?" She asked always interested in animals, evil or not. She pulled out her sketchbook. "Can you describe him for me?" She held her pencil at the ready.

(They went to the library. Yag-Dagor attacked New Orleans. They're talking to a Black dog but don't know it. He wants his tapestry back.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back