• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Department of Defense Against the Supernatural

Noyeh runs out of the Library, putting his bag down and taking out a bunch of Iron. He heard giant footsteps being taken, he ran as fast as he could, carrying the iron that is now shaped into a shotgun. Stopping, seeing a giant monster, he questions his life decisions. Wanting to have a conversation with this horrific beast, he asks, "What the fuck are you?" Aiming his Iron Shotgun, ready to fire.

@Barbas

She took his hand and her mind was overwhelmed with images.

Each more morbid than the last.

Her body jerked away from him.

"He's innocent, but I can tell you what he is..."

Her breath was finally there.

"He's a Black Dog."

He took a sharp breath and threw her an unpleasant look. "That. That exactly - That is not what I wanted you to say. That information really did not need sharing. Thank you. Thank you so much for that," he told Alexis, leering. He turned away, running his hands through his hair, trying to figure out what to do next.

"Are you serious?" Piper raised her eyebrows, staring at him. "What?"

Corin looked surprised at this, "He's a...?" He asked, "Well, why don't you tell us how this lovely tapestry of yours wound up with Arianna's grandfather, and how with her so we can close this case, hotdog?" He immediately cringed at how bad that nickname was.

Liliana was intrigued. "A Black Dog, like a hell hound?" she asserted.

The man groaned. "Her grandfather. He was a terrible person. He needed punished and thus, he was. The tapestry was made for that purpose. She was not supposed to get ahold of it. And no, not really," he added, looking at Liliana, very frustrated. "Similar, maybe, but we don't serve the same purpose. Some of use don't. We don't fit into neat little boxes. It doesn't matter anyway - how about we leave it and I can go? You know about the tapestry now. It was a punishment. Now I need to get rid of it."

Piper looked at Corin, unsure what to say next. "I doubt we could take him in."

She leant against her desk, drained of energy. Her eyes closed, allowing her a small amount of rest. She knew what would happen next, they would let him go free.

"Well, a woman is dead because of that, don't you think someone should account for that?" Corin asked both his partner and the Black Dog. He didn't know how to handle this.

Lillianna nodded in response to the man, and turned back to deciding if she was buying the book. None of this was any business of hers, after all.

Around this time, a tall, attractive man walked in. "Alexa?" He asked, taking in the scene, and what all was happening. This was a busy day for the small book store.

"I'm over here, Zhaine." She motioned to him, her legs already weak. "I'll explain." She put both hands on the wooden surface, a grimace on her first. "I'm also not human."

The Black Dog stared at him. "How do you think you'll catch me?" He asked quietly. "Someone may need to be held accountable by your law, but I'm afraid there's not much you can do."

"...Greyston." Piper was staring at her phone. "He can wait. Look at this." She held up the phone, showing a feed from New Orleans.

(Moving along now.)

Greyston hated that the Dog was right, he gave him a hard look for a long second, and then turned, to look at what Piper wanted to show him. How in the world am i supposed to fill out this report? He wondered to himself. When he saw the feed, however, the case was the last thought on his mind. "We've gotta get back- and send someone out there!" He said.

"Oh?" Zhaine asked, going over to his long time friend. "What are you, then?" He headed towards her, He looked at the two agents, then and asked, "Excuse me, what is going on?"

Piper took a sharp breath in, turning to Zhaine. "Have you seen the newsfeeds?" She asked carefully.

As she did, the Black Dog threw another look around the room and slipped toward the door.

"The news feeds of what? I haven't seen the TV this morning, no" he said, catching Alexa before she fell, "I've got you," He told her, "Time-keeper sounds like something you made up yourself." He pointed out with a smile at her.

Noyeh formed his Iron Shotgun into a chair, he sat down as he waited for the monster to say something. He grabbed a book on Nikola Tesla and started reading, he was bored, it wasn't like he was waiting for the beast to answer. But he was, he didn't think of himself as a hero, he was just waiting, just waiting for the monster to speak.

@Barbas

"Then it's nothing," Piper said flatly. "Come on, Greyston. We need to get back. We have a lot to think about now."

Noyeh said:
Noyeh runs out of the Library, putting his bag down and taking out a bunch of Iron. He heard giant footsteps being taken, he ran as fast as he could, carrying the iron that is now shaped into a shotgun. Stopping, seeing a giant monster, he questions his life decisions. Wanting to have a conversation with this horrific beast, he asks, "What the fuck are you?" Aiming his Iron Shotgun, ready to fire.
@Barbas
Looking down at the pathetic human I shift my countless eyes on him. I am Yog-dagor, the true ruler of this planet that you humans foolishly thought to be yours. I am madness and chaos incarnate! My very existence brings most humans to madness and despair! Now worm, who are you to challenge me?

Greston nodded at Piper, and he, she, and Tulula headed back to the department to address this monster. This was something entirely new, or ancient, which was basically new.

Lilianna was curious herself about what was happening in New Orleans, she figured she would have a greater chance of figuring out what was going on somewhere... not surrounded by paper. She set down the book and left, looking for a TV playing news.

Zhaine smiled and hugged her back, blissfully unaware of what was occurring in New Orleans, and says, "Sure, if you say so, Lexi" When he pulled away, he pushed his hair back, asked, "So what was it you helped with, exactly?"

"Oh yes! Finally, the beast talks." He puts his book down and stands up. "Hello. My name is Noyeh, I'm here to kill you. And go to hell, if death follows anyone, it's gonna be in hell." He converted his Iron chair into a Iron Shotgun. Putting his Nikola Tesla book down, aiming his Shotgun at Yog-dagor. "So your the ruler of this planet hey?" He was truly wondering if the monster was being an idiot. "I guess you haven't met anyone here. I'll just show you your way out. Into hell!" He aimed directly at Yog-dagor's eyes, he starts firing, firing more bullets than a normal shotgun and carry or even shoot.

@Barbas

Luke sighed. He hoped this girl wasn't the annoying type. "Kuru, Kiri. Whatever. I don't exactly know what 'sleuthing' is, but hacking is where it's at. What I want is to see your skills."

He looked at the girl. "Where's your hacking equipment? How do you hack stuff?"

Noyeh said:
"Oh yes! Finally, the beast talks." He puts his book down and stands up. "Hello. My name is Noyeh, I'm here to kill you. And go to hell, if death follows anyone, it's gonna be in hell." He converted his Iron chair into a Iron Shotgun. Putting his Nikola Tesla book down, aiming his Shotgun at Yog-dagor. "So your the ruler of this planet hey?" He was truly wondering if the monster was being an idiot. "I guess you haven't met anyone here. I'll just show you your way out. Into hell!" He aimed directly at Yog-dagor's eyesm he starts firing, firing more bullets than a normal shotgun and carry or even shoot.
@Barbas
Seeing the human getting ready to attack me, I form five giant tentacles and attempt to crush him. You humans are truly foolish, do you think your simply weapons can harm a god?

"Um.. Well no. But this can!" He put both of his hands on the ground, metal from the Sewers, pipes, anything else starts to pull out of the ground and form into spikes, stretching towards the beasts tentacles, attempting to stop them. While Metal close to Noyeh form a dome around him, to keep him protected.

@Barbas

Noyeh said:
"Um.. Well no. But this can!" He put both of his hands on the ground, metal from the Sewers, pipes, anything else starts to pull out of the ground and form into spikes, stretching towards the beasts tentacles, attempting to stop them. While Metal close to Noyeh form a dome around him, to keep him protected.
@Barbas
Seeing the human protecting himself, I begin the bash the spikes with my tentacles, I also summon thirty of my Mi-go to deal with this pest.

More Metal Spikes come out of the ground, trying to deflect the tentacles, the broken or smashed up metal join with other spikes. Noyeh's dome comes down, he converts some metal into a Auto Shotgun, shooting at the Mi-go, until he defeats all of them, the dome forming back up. But before the dome folds over Noyeh, he says, "I'm not human! Damn. I hate dealing with monsters that are gooey."

@Barbas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back