• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A Guild of Heroes

Wobb Gooblesplatsh
The training grounds
A winner is goo!

Wobb did it! He actually hit! And-... He did it? He passed? Wait, was this 'all out' thing a test?... The others seemed to think it was already over, so Wobb decided he was done.
"Done!... Weww done, you'we really stwong."
Popping out the ice and returning to a humanoid shape, he quickly found that he was shorter. MUCH shorter. He was like a child! A SMALL CHILD! Darn. Well, he took a gracious bow to his opponents, bowed to the (somewhat) adoring crowd, and began picking up after himself. A shirt here, a cap there, his pants impaled on that melting ice pillar over there... Oh boy. Where did all those arrowheads go?... Oh well. They were mostly cheap ones, anyway. His ill-fitting clothes equipped, he resolved to gain some weight back. He needed to eat!... Wait, did they have food here? Preferably of the free variety? He'd ask.
"Is dere anyfing ewse to do? I'm hungwy. Is dere anywhere to eat hewe?"

Giving up in trying to get something to drink they leave and wander onto the training grounds. Drawn by the commotion, they catch a glimpse of the goo boy and walk up to him. They study the boy for a second before preparing the question. They tap the boys shoulder to get his attention and ask him, "What's going on here?"

Graystone713 Graystone713

Vern the Cat

Just as Vern was starting to run out of patience waiting for the remaining members of the party, the wolf lady finally ended the testing of the goopy schmuck. Sadly though, looks like the gooey punchline managed to pass the test. Whether it was out of luck or skill Vern still disliked that puddle of slime, he can tell that the slime will get on his nerves.

"Finally!" He exclaimed as he approached the wolf lady, Ariel was her name if memory serves right. "So Ariel, do you still want to go on that dragon hunt? We could have left but it seemed improper to do so when I've already said my word to let you come with us." He said to her, his tone of voice a bit annoyed.

Though he hope it wouldn't happen, he'd be royally pissed off if the girl decided to not join them on the quest after making them wait. I mean, Vern decided to play the good guy here and if that's how it was gonna be then he'll be totally justified if he bitches about it.

"Everyone who expressed interest in joining me on that dragon quest gather up! We will be leaving in a while so don't blame me for leaving you here if you continue your dilly-dallying!" He called out, eager to commence with the quest.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1 @Rin Nyx @Silver Wolf @Lena Oxton (Anyone else wanna join us?)
Ariel Kessiah D'Ambra
Guild Hall

"Sush, Feline," Ariel said with a tone just as annoyed. "I'm still going. Let's go ahead and set out." She was already ready for the quest. She just grabbed her bag

What to expect from this mission? They had enough people to take on a dragon, so it couldn't be all that hard. They just knew to never underestimate a dragon, or it'd be their last. Ariel wasn't worried though. Her team was dependable

Melaina_Banner.jpg

Melaina wasn't born yesterday when it came to how some people could react. She stood quietly as he took a sip before suddenly throwing the water towards her. She stood contently, the water splashing her as it soaked her clothing. She seemed quite content, not caring much at all. She lifted a finger up, waving it as suddenly the water was pulled off her clothing, leaving her completely dry. One of the perks being a Mage was having various tricks at her disposal. If she attempted any sort of 'pranks' it was important to have her own measures to protect herself, and fortunately he had been quite open about his method of attack combined with her expecting retaliation as being possible it had made it much easier for her to react.

She twirled her finger around, causing the water to swirl around as he walked off after speaking up harshly. She smiled contently, not seeming to at all be angered by his words. She was the type who tended to be quite hard to crack. "Bye bye sir, I hope to see you at a later time when you are feeling better! Hopefully lil me won't be so troublesome for you then." She spoke out keeping her sharp tongue toying a bit with him as She twirled her finger causing the water she had pulled from her clothing to spin around before directing it into the sink. She glanced over at herself as if ensuring everything was fine giving a light nod in response.

"Well, one boring person done...I suppose it is to be expected not everyone can be any fun. I really wonder how Vivi is able to take standing around dealing with people when you got so many stuff boring and grumpy people." She spoke sitting back down. Shehoped Viviette was having fun on the little break 'testing' the new recruit. She regretting in some part not doing it herself... but she wasn't typically allowed to do it. She never got the claim why she was told her tests tended to scare people away from joining, it was only 1 person who completely changed their mind the one time! Melaina turned her gaze back down, going back to reading the various guild documents as she remained behind the counter to deal with the typical guild reception duties.

((Open for interaction, come and get your quests and terrible drinks!))

MouseDuke MouseDuke

Viviette Arbeider
East Training Grounds

God that hurt. Viviette lied on the ground as the dirt fell from her impact. She began lift herself when she saw the glint of metal between the gaps of dirt and dust. Still on the offensive huh. Viviette flattened herself on the ground and looked around her for the nearest cover. Deciding to make a break for the trees and rocks, she sprinted to the right, keeping her head down. While there are other things that need to be tested against Alex, anyone would've already considered him a skilled member of the guild, but Viviette is having too much fun. Good reaction to frontal charges, maintaining distance while making sure that he still has the upper hand. Good follow up to sudden changes. It's gonna be tough trying to test him on close combat when he is able to keep his distance like this. He said he was a hunter? Let's see his reaction to long distance combat. Viviette thought to herself, but knew that she won't be able to put up much in terms of long range. Her mind was racing through the list of ways she could engage in long distance combat, but first she needs to make it out of the clearing and into some cover before she can enact any of it. And remembering the glint of metal, Alex probably has something nasty in store for her.
Bishop Bishop

Wobb Gooblesplatsh
The training grounds > the reception area and bar.

Everyone was leaving?... Huh. Wobb figured there'd be some celebrations in order. Maybe not. One person even seemed confused by what was happening and had to ask him. Wobb could only reply with
"I guess I'm a hewo?... I'm gettin' food."
Before sliding off to the reception lounge and bar. The horned lady wasn't tending it right now, and apparently someone else was: one of the heroes who had bounties to bring in. Well, the horned lady had served up alcohol here. Maybe there was food, too. So, clambering onto a barstool, he looked to the dark-haired woman and simply said
"Is dere food back dere?"

Alexander Bishop
East Training Grounds

Alex was waiting for the dust to settle until he caught a glimpse of moment.
"Shes moving" thought to himself "I cant let her get on the offensive
He picked a spot he knew she was going to cross near and fired the bolt through the dust and debris. It sailed easily enough through the air but there was no telling if it had any immediate effect so Alex turned and sprinted for some cover. He held himself up against another large rock while he waited to see, if any, the damage that had been done.
He had to admit he hadn't ever had nothing go wrong before. Usually he would have had something go wrong by now but things appeared to be going smoothly.
Alteras Alteras

Glitch
Training Grounds > Bar

'A hero, interesting. Though, I think I need to be a bit more specific when I ask questions.' Glitch thought, tailing behind the kid back to the bar, and taking a seat. Glitch heard a grumble and patted their stomach, before checking the money they had on them. 'Barely enough for a meal.' They sighed and put away the change.

"Excuse me but, what does it cost to get food around here?" They asked.

@Anyone

Viviette Arbeider
East Training Grounds

The bolt blasted through the dust, within a feet in front of her. As it whizzed past her, it sprayed out some kind of liquid. Before she had time to think, she was already running through it. It wasn't until she was safely under cover that she felt the stinging pain. "OH GOD!!! WHAT THE HELL!!! WAS THAT HOLY WATER?! LORD ALMIGHTY, GODDAMNIT!! AGH!!! IT FEELS LIKE I JUST RAN THROUGH A THORN BUSH WITH EXTRA THORNS!! OH GOD WHY!?!" The water had hit her whole body, from horn to feet. After several moments of pains, it became a dull sensation, like a slight sore on the body. The healers could see smoke coming off of her as the holy water was seeping into the clothes. Eventually it was all gone, but still, it annoying. She isn't rampagey, just really annoyed now. "Ya know? You're already passing the test with flying colors, and I know that you want to make an impression, but did you really have to use holy water?" Viviette shouted toward Alex. She then took a few steps back and faced her cover, taking a stance ready to channel her punches against the obstacles between her and Alex.
Bishop Bishop

Chloe Stargazer
The Guild child, who is dressed in red continued her flower-giving spree. There are still flowers left in her large colorful bouquet. One standing out to be a rather large crimson red rose in the middle, aligned next to a sunflower to it's left and a Gardenia in it's right. She noticed that Viviette was absent behind the counter. Someone else was there. Although, she couldn't remember her name. Was it Melanie? Millenia? After thinking so hard to figure out their name. Her memory served her well.

Walking up to the counter with confidence and heart warming smile. She entered the counter, not knowing the slightest of information that she is not supposed to be behind in there. "Hello Ms Melaina! How are you today?" She asked as she looked up to her while her short blonde hair danced as a small gust of wind past by. Waiting for a response she scrolled her deep baby blue eyes to her bouquet, choosing a flower that will be perfect for Melaina.

Hanarei Hanarei

Alexander Bishop
East Training Grounds

The moment Alex heard Viviette scream out he realised that his trick arrow was a little too effective. Guilt hit him immediately.
"I'm sorry!" He yelled over to her tossing his crossbow onto the ground "I'm so sorry! I didn't mean it!" He shouted walking out into the open, hands raised in a form of surrender.
"Good job idiot" he thought to himself "Now she's probably going to kick the crap out me"
"Are you okay?" He asked keeping his hand s up.
Alteras Alteras

(Sorry for the sort of short posts, I'm at work)

Viviette Arbeider
East Training Ground

"Yep!" Viviette could hear Alex slowly walking to her, so she relaxed her stance. She walked out, dusting herself off. "Ya. You passed the test anyway. I really wanted to push you to the limits, but since you've surrendered, I guess I'll stop and conclude my assessment," Viviette said grumply. She waved to the healers and the alchemist, who came forward and healed the two up. Walking over to the edge of the area, she picked up her clipboard and wrote that all she thought about, giving him a glowing recommendation. "It's fine if you use Holy water. I did tell you to fight with the intent to kill, but I have a kind of tolerance to holy water, so it doesn't affect me as much as a normal demon. It doesn't burn, so much as sting me instead. Agh, I wanted to try out close combat against you, but with how you're maintaining your distance, it'll be rare for you to be in that position." Viviette patted them on the shoulder, if not a bit forcefully showing her annoyance. "Let's head back in and I'll show you around and send your application in to the guildleader."
Bishop Bishop

Robert Black
Fort Black - Training Grounds

Robert's eyebrows were lifted by massive force while his jaw dropped. He observed the maneuver with attention, amazed by the way that the slime used his own merits to his advantage and unexpectedly turned the situation from a nigh-loss to a sure victory.

He turned to Nalnux who praised the boy's achievements and said he wanted him as an apprentice. "He can be your apprentice. Ask the werewolf. If she gives you permission, he will be your student. She's the one who trained him so far, so it'd be rude to do anything without their permission," he said all of the sudden. Robert turned around and walked back inside with one, graceful heel-turn, but he stopped in the door-frame. His head turned around and observed Nalnux for a moment.

"By the way... I think the day is perfect for some kind of quest. Not wanting to be thought of as pampered, I will be setting out for one now. Would you like to accompany me?" he asked, knowing the lizardman to be a valuable companion.

Archdemon Archdemon Interacted Graystone713 Graystone713 Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Mentioned

image.jpeg
Nalnux

Nalnux chuckled, it seemed his boss also likes the kid as well. Suddenly his boss started talking about Nalnux asking Ariel if he could have the slime kid as his apprentice. Nalnux chuckled, it seemed his boss forgot already.

"Technically, the kids not one of us yet remember? So far he has passed but he must be accepted into the guild first. You know how your father did it correct? If you passed the combat trial, he would go up and officially name the kid an apprentice. Then he would be given to a guild member to train the kid. Once training is complete, all other apprentices who completed the training would become official members of the guild. Though if you wish to do it differently, I will fully support your decision."

Nalnux started walking with Robert into the building before he spoke again. This time asking if Nalnux would be interested in a quest, the Lizardman chuckled.

"Pampered? You? Well you are the special little prince of the castle... Ha! Just messing with ya. Yeah I'd be down with another quest. Just killed that White Basilisk that suddenly became legendary. Oh that monster was sure tough, also a lot bigger than I thought... But at the moment it's head is being adjusted for the Trophy hall. Anyways yeah I think we should do a quest, maybe we can bring that slime fellow along with us to see more of his skills. Though that's up to you, but you do have to officially make him an apprentice."

Nalnux would follow Robert wherever he went now.
Birdsie Birdsie

Alexander Bishop
East Training Grounds

"Ah...yeah sure" Alex replied as he quickly picked up his crossbow, traps and plucked a few if his bolts out of the trees and logs and such. Tucking the holy water bolt into his bag and pulling the pencil and paper she had handed to him, he started filling out the form.
"So, if you don't mind me asking, how come you tend to the front desk if you can fight like that?" He motioned back at the room they had just left.
"I mean, you could do any sort of job you want. Why the desk?"
Alteras Alteras

Robert Black
Fort Black - Training Grounds > Guild Hall/Reception

"That is how my father did things. There is no point to dragging things out. When someone wishes to become a member, all they need is show they can be a hero. He's smart, he can fight, he has the determination. All we need is to make sure he is trustworthy and has the moral judgment. Just let someone teach him and a hero will be," he replied. Robert shook his head, sighing. "The bureaucratic process tires me." He didn't imagine himself going through all that trouble to join. If the slime wrote his application, he was an apprentice already. As simple as that. One day, the Guild would grow larger. With many bases of operations all across the country, continent, and maybe the planet. When that day came, the Guildmaster can't be excepted to declare every single member an apprentice and assign him a teacher. "I will have to change it soon. One day, when the guild has grown, one man won't be enough to name everyone a member."

Robert looked at Nalnux as he chuckled. His aloof expression was clouded in thought in contrast to the lizardman's cheerful giggling. Upon hearing the unbecoming joke, he blushed and so, the clouded expression was replaced by embarrassment. Robert couldn't help but laugh himself shortly after. "Gotcha, gotcha, we'll do that," he replied.

The two entered the reception, Robert's serious, but remote (and usual) expression returned to his face. Walking up to the reception, he welcomed Rin Melaina. "Hello, what quests are available?"

Archdemon Archdemon Hanarei Hanarei
Bishop Bishop Alteras Alteras (In case you two show up in time.)

Melaina_Banner.jpg

The young woman heard the small voice turning to her side looking to see Chloe standing right there before her behind the counter. She had seen her around before. She was pretty sure her name was Chloe if she recalled correctly being Baxter's kid... well or more specifically he was watching over her. She knew they were blood related although she wasn't certain in what way. She knew it was a relatively close relation likely a sister, niece, or perhaps a cousin. She shrugged off worrying about it, in the end how they were related didn't really matter. As an orphan herself all that mattered was that she had Baxter to look after her.

"Well hello there! I am doing quite lovely today if I must say so myself. What brings you back behind the counter? I don't think Ms. Viviette would not be too happy to have you sneaking back behind here. " She spoke as her attempt at a warning. She wasn't actually about to usher her out from behind the counter as much as offering it as a light warning to her. She truthfully didn't care all that much. She had been in far more dangerous places at her age.... though perhaps her upbringing was far from the best situation to compare what dangers a child should be exposed to. She suddenly heard a voice, turning her attention from Chloe not being to worried about her being beside her as she looked to see Robert Black standing before her with Nalnux. She nodded her head a bit in response.

"Ah, if it isn't the handsome great and talented King and his loyal pretty boy servant. It is nice to see you both, I truly hope this pretty boy servant of yours scaled one isn't too burdensome speaking up on your behalf, I'm certain you won't be able to bring in any more great catches like earlier with him being such a weight around your ankle." She spoke bowing her head lightly in response with a playful smile on her lips. Of course she knew better on who Robert was but she wasn't the type to hold back even in the presence of the Guildmaster. In a way she had probably been exposed the most to him more then anyone else in the guild from her childhood the few occasions she might of witnessed other 'human' life being raised by Natalie Feidlech. She picked up the sheet containing the various jobs, tapping her finger to her lips.

"Well, as far as jobs go I am most certain the furball and his cavalry are departing soon if they hadn't already to take care of the dragon so i would assume that might be out of the question. I'm more then certain its a rather stupid youngling of some sort so I doubt much challenge will be there, but you never know. As far as other jobs yet to be taken..." She looked down glancing at the other two jobs available.

"Assist Councilman Lynn in creating and testing a new potion, everything from ingredient gathering to testing. Reward is knowledge about whatever the heck weird potion he is brewing, and a pitence of gold. "

"Then we have Babysitting the Mapleburns. A lot of gold for that job, I'd say an easy task really, being a trouble making child I'm more then certain will make interacting and handling the job much easier of a task."
She spoke giving another playful jab at Robert since he inquired about the quests.

Archdemon Archdemon Birdsie Birdsie Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre

Robert Black
Fort Black - Guild Hall/Reception

Ignoring her improper remarks, Robert thought about the two jobs before him. One was gathering alchemical ingredients -- rather boring, but worth a try. This one was more for his brother, though. Robert thought about the other one. Not having an idea who the Mapleburns were, all he thought about was that children needed a good role-model... But...

... Deep in his thoughts...

Robert imagined...

'Mommy Nalnux.'

Suddenly, Robert started laughing, but stopped just a few seconds later, composing himself together again. 'Mommy Nalnux and Daddy Robert,' he thought again, giggling for just a second. Again, he composed himself, and after a short, throaty akhem he turned to Nalnux, who, in his vision, could only be pictured wearing a kitchen apron and with a bottle of milk in his hand. "Wh-Which will we be taking?" he asked, holding back massive laughter.

Hanarei Hanarei Archdemon Archdemon

Viviette Arbeider
Hallway > Reception Area

Viviette stretched her arms a bit and began walking. "Because I don't have to do much work. And mostly because my swords are kinda broken," She said pointing to the two massive containers on her back. "I want to use them, but they'd break, so I just use them as the source of my power." She looked back to make sure Alex was following. "The majority of the money you make is from the quests you do, and lately these quests have been simple patrols and the like, not as much fighting. And mostly because Father wouldn't allow it..."

The two entered the Reception Area just when Robert and Nalnux were taking up quests. "Neither of those two." She yelled, before walking around the counter and lifting Chloe up and onto the counter. "Excuse me Chloe. What? What's all this water doing on the floor? Ugh, whatever." She lost the strength to be rude and annoying after the fight against Alex. "You should know by now that I organize the quests by difficulty and style of approach, as well as how much I respect them." She pulled out a drink of ale and took a swab in her mouth before pointing up the wall. "These are the quests that I recommend for your status. Ahem.

Join the Albion Welcome Delegation to the Prosperan-Espanian Delegation at the Alchemical Village of Oakvale. Inquisitors from Espania are there as well and you know how the King feels about the Espanian Inquisition doing anything in the Realm of Albion. Keep an eye on the Inquisitors as well as any possible attacks.
Reward: More gold, Possible favors in court, and a small increase in grant size from the King.

Visit Fairfax and obtain a gift from Count Blanche. Bowerstone has been making strides in Fairfax, as per usual, and that gift has been interpretted as a peace offering by the Court. The King hopes that it doesn't fall to the wrong hands, as its supposedly a powerful weapon made of mithril. So he's giving it to us.
Reward: Gold, the satisfaction of knowing that you are aiding political peace, and the weapon.

Babysit the Mappleburns.
Reward: Tons of Gold.
"

Viviette stared at the others. "What? The Mappleburns really do need to be taken care of."
Bishop Bishop Birdsie Birdsie Archdemon Archdemon Hanarei Hanarei Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre Graystone713 Graystone713

Last edited:
image.jpeg
Nalnux

Nalnux and Robert walked up to Melaina, who decided to tease. It was actually funny, funny enough to have the lizard bellow in laughter. He always did like Melaina, she was actually funny and good company to be around whenever they work together.

"Handsome am I? I never knew my scaly face impressed the ladies! Maybe I should go out into town in my best suit and attract some lovely women! Ha! My servant is a pretty boy isn't he? That's why he stays in the castle all day, he'd steal my women! Hahahaha! It's nice seeing you again Melaina. There's no dungeon delving quests? Oh well... Let's see... The last time I helped Lynn I was turned into a girl. Most awkward 5 hours of my life, especially when the creepy bastard kept looking.... I don't know about the mapleburns... Last time I did a job babysitting them, well cleaning up after those little monsters is not fun..."

Suddenly Robert began chuckling like a madman. He raised his non-existent Eyebrow at his boss.

"What so funny boss? It better not be me in a dress! Because I did that once! It wasn't fun, cause it wasn't pretty enough for this beautiful lizard!"

He smirked and winked at Robert before going back to Melaina, thinking about which job to take. That was until Viviette came around and smiled.

"Aw! You respect little old me? I'm touched! Truly I am! Hmmm, I really don't want to do the Mapleburn quest. I'd be down to do either the Weapon one, or Dealing with those Inquisitors. I'd much prefer the Inquisitor one as having favors in the Kings court is a good thing to have. I may actually cash it in for something. But this weapon could be a big deal too... Your call Boss."

Nalnux was very easy going with most people in the guild. Except for Vern, he's just straight up an Asshole kitty.
Birdsie Birdsie Alteras Alteras Hanarei Hanarei CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse Bishop Bishop Graystone713 Graystone713 ((And anyone else that is there.))

Guild Bar

Glitch watched as people went on.

"Uhm, hello? I'm pretty sure I exist. Can someone answer my question about food and prices, please?"
They asked, feeling just a bit forgotten. 'You'd think these guys have better hospitality. But then again, I do tend to avoid people.' They finally get enough and slam their hand on the table, making a loud noise.

"HEY! DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO GET CHEAP FOOD AROUND HERE?!" Glitch demands, hoping to gain someone's attention and an answer.

@Anyone

Somewhere in the Dark Forest

A loud roar of fire bellowed through. A sudden gust of wind swept through the trees as the sound of wings flapped. A red dragon, large in size and breathing fire, flew up into the sky and headed south, looking for food. Merchants had been observing its movements for a while had estimated that it won't come back for another 2-3 hours. All around the edges of the Dark Forrest, merchants and travelers rushed into the woods, making the trips as fast as possible before the dragon comes back. No one was quite sure when it had appeared, but it had affected the prices of goods quite a bit.

Robert Black
Fort Black - Guild Hall/Reception

"It's nothing," Robert pushed his hands against the desk gently, still chuckling a bit.

He looked at Viviette."We'll oversee the Inquisitors. I think they'll be a bit more comfortable around me since the church considers me a sanctioned paladin," he took the paper in his hands and read the details before handing it over to Nalnux. "Not that I'd care what the church thinks," he muttered something inaudible. Robert turned around. He was about to head in the direction of the exit, but stopped all the sudden. "Alright, let's-- Wait. You wanted to get the slimeboy to accompany us? Alright then, go get him, I'll wait outside," he said to Nalnux. Robert walked out, leaving the lizardman to his own devices and waiting for his return with their companion.

Alteras Alteras Hanarei Hanarei CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse Bishop Bishop Graystone713 Graystone713 Archdemon Archdemon (And whoever else is in there)

Wobb Gooblesplatsh
The reception bar
A slime spurned, a waste bin emptied.

Wobb frowned heavily. Some eateries paid town criers so sing their praises. Given the service, the guild bar would not deserve such. He understood the dramatic importance of the fancy man (who MIGHT have been the guild master, but he couldn't tell) and the... uh... damn, if he thought the talkative cat who called him a girl was dire, what fearsome description fit the friendly lizard?... Wait, was he a lesser dragon?... Okay, Wobb had no idea. But he knew that a background character like himself would have to wait for any kind of service, though the other minor character was trying his best to get some attention (or maybe start a scene) Wobb didn't feel like confronting this. So he went behind the bar, and dove into a barrel of waste. There would be a LOT of shuffling and a little clinking of broken glass before he slid out, leaving only inedible glass and his residue behind. He'd even taken the bones. He was hungry, alright? And now he was only a little shorter than usual. Nice. Now, he was going to look at the quests. Namely, the ones that hadn't been put up yet. There was only one that the important people were looking at, and Wobb was about to pick it up... When the important man told the greatest lizard to retrieve the slime boy-to retrieve him! So, excited, he slid around to the front where everyone else was and saluted to the muscular dragon-man. He was ready for adventure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back