• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern the Halifax witch hunts

The nurse walked away as Yaj licked the air a few times before saying "i've never practiced magic before that's why I wouldn't know." Yaj witnessed the silverware slice his food automatically "Well i guess that's something you'll have to fond out" Yaj said slithering back to his own breakfast.

"You're right. Maybe I should get started soon. I bet most witches are commanding entire rooms to rearrange themselves on a whim at my age." He began eating his food in the refined and anachronistic fashion that was being his trademark in everything he did. "My thanks for the riveting correspondence, Yaj. It was totally cool."

Bartley sat down saying while giving her the remote to the tv and the remote to the roku "My staff earlier detected that part of your soul is angelic, this is going to be a tricky affair given your half angel, anyways get comfy my home is yours untill Lin gets you a place."

Bartley sat down saying while giving her the remote to the tv and the remote to the roku "My staff earlier detected that part of your soul is angelic, this is going to be a tricky affair given your half angel, anyways get comfy my home is yours untill Lin gets you a place."

"Oh, n-no, I'm not staying more than a night I don't think. If I stay in one place I'll get arrested." Aura said softly. She put the remote down. She didn't want to watch anything. 

Yaj swallowed some scrambled eggs, licked the air and said "your welcome, uhh" he stopped trying to remember Darnall's name.

"Lin has henchman, leaders and bosses at her command, you'll be fine, even when Lin isn't around, I have my fair share of rackets, so if the police come our servants will deal with them, you're safe with us" Bartley said as Lin called over "much safer here than in the inner city."

Yaj swallowed some scrambled eggs, licked the air and said "your welcome, uhh" he stopped trying to remember Darnall's name.

"Darnall." He added helpfully as he ate. Though he ate a a steady and polite pace, the food on his plate seemed to vanish at an alarming rate. Anyone watching would marvel at how effortlessly he pulled off the desynchronous motions.

Yaj ate & swallowed his ham slowly as not to have another stroke with his newly installed artificial valve.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yaj ate & swallowed his ham slowly as not to have another stroke with his newly installed artificial valve.

"My nurse said that I could go outside after I eat. I love the outside. Its so big and untamed, unchained." He stared out of a window at a couple of birds chatting in a tree. "I envy the outside." He said wistfully.

"I understand" yaj said before swallowing more scrambled eggs. "when i graduated high school back in 1993, I didn't go to college, I spent a few years living in a van going wherever the road took me. Nothing was more pleasurable than slithering up trees or through gorges, i loved being outdoors, that's why I settled here, the coastline."

"I understand" yaj said before swallowing more scrambled eggs. "when i graduated high school back in 1993, I didn't go to college, I spent a few years living in a van going wherever the road took me. Nothing was more pleasurable than slithering up trees or through gorges, i loved being outdoors, that's why I settled here, the coastline."

"You actually got to go to school? You're so lucky. I read about schools. Are they as interesting and as informative as they make them seem in books?"

"They tech you about the world & discipline you for a job, but often times school was a redundant waste of time that made you go over the same facts many times over" yaj said before licking the air.

"They tech you about the world & discipline you for a job, but often times school was a redundant waste of time that made you go over the same facts many times over" yaj said before licking the air.

"Sounds draining and boring: normal." He said the last part longingly. "Well, I'm  finished eating, and I'd like to go outside." He nearly at his nurse for some assistance, but turned back to Yaj instead. "Would you like to come outside with me for a little while?"

"Lin has henchman, leaders and bosses at her command, you'll be fine, even when Lin isn't around, I have my fair share of rackets, so if the police come our servants will deal with them, you're safe with us" Bartley said as Lin called over "much safer here than in the inner city."

"I just..." am addicted to the struggle, "I just don't want to run any risk." Aura looked out the window. "And I don't want to step on any toes."

Yaj shrugged and finished swallowing the last of the scrambled eggs. The nurse got over to darnall and said "of course" before wheeling him away as Yaj slithered behind out the door. The sky was overcast and there was considerable fog that spread over the parking lot.

"Let me give you some perspective" Bartley said "Imagine dying in one of the biggest famines of the 19th century & being sold in an American necromancer's slave trade and unable to rebell against petty orders out of risk of being condemned to the underworld!" 

"Let me give you some perspective" Bartley said "Imagine dying in one of the biggest famines of the 19th century & being sold in an American necromancer's slave trade and unable to rebell against petty orders out of risk of being condemned to the underworld!" 

"What does that have to do with anything?" Aura asked, genuinely confused. "I mean, don't get me wrong, it's sad, I'm sorry for you, but I don't understand your point."

"You said you didn't want to step on anyone's toes, I'm showing that you should be greatful for what you have and that you're given this opportunity." Bartley said

Yaj shrugged and finished swallowing the last of the scrambled eggs. The nurse got over to darnall and said "of course" before wheeling him away as Yaj slithered behind out the door. The sky was overcast and there was considerable fog that spread over the parking lot.

"Why do people like to stay indoors when there's so much 'out' to explore? I mean, isn't this beautiful?" Darnall flung his arms up, reaching for the sky, and laughed. "I wish I could be up there, looking down on the world and never having to come down. Wouldn't you like to fly Yaj?"

"You said you didn't want to step on anyone's toes, I'm showing that you should be greatful for what you have and that you're given this opportunity." Bartley said

"I don't. I don't deserve it. I'm just a street thief." Aura looked away. "I just... I'm not comfortable with being offered things for free."

The nurse said while pushing him down the sidewalk in front of the hospital "well people have work and people generally don't like to go out when it's cloudy and dreary like this. It's more beautiful to you because you've been in captivity for so long." "Captivity!" Yaj exclaimed before licking the moist air.

"That's what I was like after the emancipation proclamation" Bartley said "I didn't even feel I deserve as much as a shed after being so used to being someobe's property."

"I don't. I don't deserve it. I'm just a street thief." Aura looked away. "I just... I'm not comfortable with being offered things for free."

"That's what I was like after the emancipation proclamation" Bartley said "I didn't even feel I deserve as much as a shed after being so used to being someobe's property."

"Then you understand why I don't want free handouts!" Aura reasoned. "It's like I'm addicted to the struggle."

"Your addiction will subside" Bartley said endearingly while patting her back "at least your not effected by 'no Irish need apply' signs"

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back