• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Beginning of the End

Skyler crosses her arms as she takes a seat in a chair. 'I wonder if Davis made it....' She murmurs to herself, thinking of her best friend, another Marine from her Platoon.

Brad slowly moved away from her and turned away; he dug through his pockets and took a sigh. He threw some items down onto the coffee table in front of the deadened and black-screened TV. It was his wallet which flopped open onto the surface, displaying old stuff that just made him look like he was holding onto the past; there were old receipts, bank cards, driver's license - and finally, behind everything else, it seemed like there was a couple of small photograph crumpled up and tucked in. He dropped his car keys onto the table, and then some loose change. He sniffled a couple of times and then wiped his eyes.

".. I don't know... I'm going up to the roof to see if there's any alternatives. I need a minute anyway." He said, his voice becoming more weak with every word he spoke out. He gently patted her on the shoulder as he walked by and headed out of the room - she heard him climbing a ladder, and then that was it - he certainly didn't lie and run off without her. He went to the roof and just left all of his unimportant stuff behind. Or maybe some of the stuff there was important - Delaney just didn't know it yet.

Brad stayed on the roof and took a few deep breaths as the gentle snowflakes began to strike his face and melt on his warm skin - he scratched his developing beard again and took another look around to small down they were in. It was so dangerously silent. So dead and decrepit and... evil. He didn't like what he was sensing, he just couldn't shake the feeling that he had a dozen pair of eyes just staring at him, like cheetahs or lions waiting for the perfect moment to pounce in and take everything that held value to him, and maybe even his own life as well. It was how he'd been acting over the past month. Very wary and anxious about the environment around them and what was going to happen. (@TheHarlequinnCat)

Jay sat on the street exhausted from escaping hordes all day. "Hello can someone help me?! I need help im badly injured!" He attempted to tend to his wounds but only made it worse. "Mother trucker!" Jay stopped himself from swearing. His ankle had been twisted to ridiculous extremes. "Can someone help me!" Jay took one look around and saw a walker. "Shit...shit..shit!" He grabbed for his rifle and aimed at the monster.......{BANG} "Ha got you!" the force from the gun is so powerful it knocks Jay over. "I cant get up.... my ankle....SOB!"

(Jay is Jared's new nickname due to a mixup of names)

Last edited by a moderator:
".. We got any food with us?" Eric said as he looked up at Tom for a moment. (@DrCompton)

--

Carl was busy going through all of the toys with joy. This toy store was amazing! He's gotten the cars set up on the ground and decided that he was just going to play here - he had his little toy planes, too. He was creating the world how he knew it before, with loads of people walking around and lots of little cars driving about the streets that were coated with busy stores and happy people. He'd put one big building at the end of the little 'town' he was building, and that would usually serve as his school in the real world. He had dozens of little houses set out, too - he'd made the cul de sac that they all lived on. The final thing he had was a yellow toy school bus, which in the past he'd hop on to to get to school when his father was at work and couldn't drive him there himself.

"Yeah." Tom reached around to a small pack he had gotten before we found Eric and Hunter, he pulled out a few power bars. "I went into the GNC, still had boxes of this crap in the back. Its better than beans." He gave one to Eric, and then offered another to Hunter. "Sorry about asking about your sister." He shrugged a little. @Soul OMU

Hunter says nothing as she doesn't take it. "Whatever... I'm not hungry." she said while turning away slightly to focus on their surroundings slightly, thinking deeply.

Jay attempted to force himself up off the ground. He collapsed and screamed in agony. "Help me! anyone please! ill reward you!" Jay bled profusely and his vision started growing fuzzy. "PLEASE ILL DO ANYTHING! I CANT DIE HERE!" Jay watched his surroundings for movement. He took his rifle and shot it hoping to attract attention.

He took it and tucked it into his pocket. "I'll save it for the journey back." He said, sighing. There was a strange feeling surrounding them - it was the feeling of being watched by something. Eric was up and aware now. He felt anxious and somewhat scared - he slowly looked around the surrounding area but could see nothing but snow. (@Soul OMU) 
(@Soul OMU)

Jay forced himself up. "Oh Jesus have mercy....." He managed to get himself to his feet and fashioned a homemade tourniquet from a walkers shirt. "Ok time to get walking.....just have to find help before my ankle is infected." He made it to a tall building and managed to get onto the roof and made a shelter. "You fuckers cant get me now!" Jay screamed off the building and set up his rifle tripod then he started survey the area for anything/anyone with his rifle scope.

Connor stood in silence, watching Daniel search for signs of a squirrel. There were a few he could see, claw marks on a tree branch, faint prints in the snow. They were little things, a bit hard to notice.

Carl was still busy playing with the city he'd built in the toy store. As he lifted up the plane into the air he looked up at it and imitated the noise of a plane's engine. He saw something in the skylight - there was a pale man looking in at him, dressed in fur and holding nothing but a knife. He gasped in surprise and the plane fell from his hand. He slowly stood up and wandered off to the door, his eyes locked onto the strange figure above him. ".. Tom!" He called. No response. "ERIC?!" He shrieked, no response. "MATTY!" He cried out as loud as he could. (@DryPunishment)

--

"Look! Tracks!" Daniel said with a grin on his face, pointing down at the small tracks that went across the snow. (@Beowulf)

--

(That's my point. I have characters everywhere. It'd be more logical if you were in the area of Eric/Tom/Hunter @Vyork Ashfin)

Skyler immediately looks up as she hears Carl scream. She stands up and runs towards the sound of his voice. "Carl?!" She calls, breathing a small sigh of relief when she sees him. Though when she follows his gaze she instantly tenses, gently grabbing his shoulder. "Carl? Are you okay?" She asks softly.

((K ill be in that area)) Jay looked to the left then the right and saw a man. (Eric/ @DrTrollinski) He thought that the man was a bandit so he fired a warning shot at the bandits feet. "Run you bastard! your not killing me!"he fires another shot to scare the man. (

"I--.. I.. I..." He was so shaken up. He flew into her arms and hugged her. ".. Who is it...?" He whimpered quietly, his face in her chest. There were toys spread all about and well-organized. He was having a lot of fun until now. (@Aryn Harris)

"Good, at least you aren't blind. Now look at the way it's going, how italmost drags it's feet. And which ways it's claws are facing. That is where it is headed. These tracks aren't old either, the wind didn't blow snow over them. If you're able to follow this trail, you might find the tree it's up in.

Eric was not a man. In fact he was close to a kid. "What the fuck?!" He dropped to his stomach. "YOU CRAZY BASTARD! STOP SHOOTING!" He screamed. (@Soul OMU)

Skyler shakes her head. "I have no clue buddy... Come on. Get behind me..." She murmurs, gently pushing him behind her. "Who are you and what do you want?" She questions, her voice hard.

Jay stunned that there was one other person pulled the gun off the tripod. "Who are you!" He shouted from the roof. Jay put the gun back on the tripod and waited for a response.

He stood behind her and hugged her legs tight. The man at the window looked down upon her and gently tilted his head; he pointed down at Carl, and then at Skyler - that's when he got his knife and gentle ran it over his jugular to imitate the slitting of a throat. He then dashed away. (@Aryn Harris)

--

"The fucking Merry Men! What the fuck do we look like to you!?" He screamed back up at him, he placed his head down in the snow and sighed. "We're friendly!" He yelled. He learned that trick from playing DayZ before everything happened - he hoped it would work here. (@Vyork Ashfin
"Ah..." He turned and looked off to where the trail was leading. "It's that way." He said as he pointed off further into the forest. (@Beowulf)

"Come on Carl..." She says softly, a little worried that the man could come back and hurt Carl. She didn't really care if he hurt her -she could take care of herself- but if he laid one hand on Carl... She didn't even want to think about what she'd do.

He wasn't moving willingly. He was stuck to her and the ground, his legs trembling like crazy. ".. I want my mommy and daddy..." He whimpered, promptly bursting out into tears directly after, his cries muffled by her back. (@Aryn Harris)

"Prove it!" Jay shouted and fired another warning shot. "You better answer me!" He stopped and looked at his leg and saw the tourniquet fell off. Jay was now bleeding again and fell down in pain. "AH help me someone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back