• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Beginning of the End

"Then you can assume she's dead. It's cold out, and if she left her stuff behind that means she didn't go along with whoever it was willingly... Now, we just going to stand out here in the cold or do you want to come inside...?" He offered hesitantly. (@Soul OMU)

Cece nodded slightly. "That would be a good idea." She said while helping Hunter up once more who looked absolutely furious. "She can't be dead. I know it. She's out there still alive and I won't rest till I find my sister damn it." She snapped slightly while looking quite upset. Cece sighed softly as she held her up. "Hunter... Your not in any condition to go anywhere... The fact you got here is due to not having to put weight on your ankle."

"You don't know anything. If it wasn't the person that took her that killed her, it'll either be the cold or the dead that'll do it instead. I'm sorry to tell you that, but look at what's going on around us. You honestly think that after being supposedly abducted that she's still alive?" He said, sighing and then shaking his head while tilting the gun off towards the house for a moment. "That way." He said to them, waiting for them to start walking. (@Soul OMU)

He lead them into the house and through to the living room where they could take a seat. Eric and Carl watched them from the kitchen until they were out of sight. Eric looked infuriated and anxious, but Carl looked dumbfounded and amazed that there were more living and breathing people out there.

"So. I'm sorry for the... Abrupt introduction." He said as he put their rifles down beside the armchair he was sat on, while peering off at the couch on which they were sitting. "So... It was just the three of you before you got separated?" He asked. (@Soul OMU) 
(I'm going to bed. I'll see you tomorrow at some point.)

Apart from a minor headache Tina didn't get many injuries. Another one being the small cuts on her right arm,but she didn't notice them until later and even then she kept quiet. They were so unimportant that even her hoodie was barely damaged. It was like one of those things kids get when they fall off their bikes. Just some bruises. Levi was so quiet and she got so bored. Apart from Nick who she met only about an hour ago she had no one to talk to or nobody to tease. Tina crossed her arms and looked around in her seat. Since she eased up you could see some slight annoyance in her face.

"Got any cassetes or CDs?" She tried her luck talking to Levi some more. Not with the purpose of finding out about those CDs but to get him to answer. That'd sure be interesting. She wondered if Nick was still there so she looked back at him without saying anything while waiting for Levi's answer. Sure it was kinda awkward,but she didn't want to have the surprise of him turning and chomping on her neck.

@TheHarlequinnCat

Last edited by a moderator:
DrTrollinski said:
He lead them into the house and through to the living room where they could take a seat. Eric and Carl watched them from the kitchen until they were out of sight. Eric looked infuriated and anxious, but Carl looked dumbfounded and amazed that there were more living and breathing people out there.
"So. I'm sorry for the... Abrupt introduction." He said as he put their rifles down beside the armchair he was sat on, while peering off at the couch on which they were sitting. "So... It was just the three of you before you got separated?" He asked. (@Soul OMU) 
(I'm going to bed. I'll see you tomorrow at some point.)
Cece nodded as she kept her eyes focused on him while Hunter was scowling slightly and looking anywhere but them. "Yes that's right. Ran into the two of them about a day or two after it happened." she said calmly while putting her hands together, on her hands were the names of Hunter and Riley, had recently just added their names to her body since she had grown to like them. (@DrTrollinski)

".. Right. We've got quite a few people here... My two brothers, fourteen and five... Then there's a bunch more. You'll meet them overtime, but all the rooms are taken up - You're free to unpack your stuff in here, if you want." He said, glancing around the living room while he kept hold of his M1911 but also kept it rested on his lap. (@Soul OMU)

Cece nodded slightly but didn't move. "I see, thank you." She said while looking at Hunter. Hunter grumbled slightly but muttered a thank you as well before going back to brooding. Cece sighed and looked at him again. "Please ignore Hunter.. She's going to be like this for awhile until we either find Riley or her corpse... She won't believe something unless there is a body.." She said while running a hand through her hair.

"It may be daytime right now, but you think it's safe out there? If we go out in the cold, we will die. There's no arguing about that." He said. (@Soul OMU)

Cece sighs softly while sitting back. Hunter glares slightly. "Oh really? You don't have that much faith about surviving the cold do you? Heck she might even be near here." She said while looking slightly angry but holding back. Cece pats her shoulder. (@DrTrollinski)

Levi's expression didn't change, and his voice remained monotonous and low when he stated calmly "Wouldn't sound just attract more of them?" He rhetorically asked her, just to reiterate her silence. Nick noticed that Tina kept looking back at him, as well as Levi, and that small-talk was kept to a minimum; it finally dawned on him that they expected him to die. Levi probably had music available, but would he play it if someone in the backseat might turn? Nick didn't feel like he was dying, but his breathing was still labored and his leg rusty with blood. Concerned, he made sure to keep himself awake; not caving into that dreamland awaiting him. Especially since he knew neither of them would hesitate to put a bullet through his head for it. His thoughts were cut shot by a sudden boredom, there wasn't much to do when you were put in the backseat with the luggage. Nosily, but inconspicuously, he rummaged through the slight mess in the pocket of the front seat. Nothing was that interesting until he pulled out a few old photographs, what looked like dried blood rimming the edges. The photos looked like no one particular at first, but when he went back through them, he was able to spot Levi in nearly every single one of them. The first was with a young woman, about his age (or at least he assumed, she wasn't very big in comparison to Levi- who was undeniably short), she wasn't exactly smiling; but he could tell she was happy by the way her body language was displayed as open. He assumed that she was related to him, they both had the smaller heart-shaped faces, dark hair cut short, and the same calculating eyes. The next photo didn't have Levi in it, it was the woman from the previous with a rather tall, nerdy-looking, guy in an oatmeal cable-knit sweater. They looked like out-of-place hipsters in the city, both smiling; clearly a candid.. Neither of them looked at the camera, but instead, at each other.

He came to the next one; suddenly stopping to observe her a little closer. This was a different woman, holding Levi's hand. It looked like a barshot, where they'd been out of some sort of dinner; the warmth from that photo making him forget the stinging in his leg and ache in his chest. She was displaying a beautiful ring on her finger. But he thought Levi had to be-? Suddenly the car came to a painful and abrupt halt, the brakes screeching as Nick hit his forehead on the seat ahead of him. Cussing in a hiss, he saw Levi glaring back at him from the mirror; only seeing those eyes. Levi knew that Nick knew what he'd seen. Tentatively, Nick placed the photos back, and Levi concluded with a curt "We're here." before Tina saw the exchange that had taken place. They all got out, and tried to ignore the low moaning from the forest that was growing back; it was faint, and quiet enough to not be a siege of them. While Levi seemed to know this, taking certain things they would need (leaving things and tsking when they would try to take them), Nick could only take a few weapons and drag his feet to follow the shorter, older, man.

The building was low, indistinguishable in color because of how boarded up it was; there was no way anyone would try to come in, especially with words spray painted in big red letters 'Don't Open! Dead Inside!' Nick gaped at it, and Levi stated with a hint of amusement and a small smirk "People listen so well when their lives are at stake." He had lied through his teeth, creating the illusion of a place falling apart at the seams; abandoned and overflowing with the undead. However, once they came to the back; Levi had to knife through the skull of only one zombie to get to this crude entrance through the fence. Nick's face dropped when he saw that the only way in was through what looked like a dog hole under a chain link fence, which had been small enough so the dead couldn't find their way; but big enough for most people to squeeze through. Nick wouldn't have hated it if his ribs weren't most likely fractured, bruised at the least. Levi went first, showing them it was safe; he was in and out quicker than a rabbit running from its predator. He stood in the small backyard, helping push the chain link up and reaching his hand out for Nick. "C'mon." He urged, nodding his head in what Nick assumed was meant to be reassuring. It wasn't. Cursing his own existence, the farm boy got on his knees and tried to push his torso underneath the hole with as much will as he could muster. He was fine up until the pit dropped enough to make him stifle a cry, and just when he loathed dragging himself the rest of the way; Levi grabbed the collar of his shirt and yanked him the rest of the way; like grabbing a cat by the scruff, quick and painless. While Nick was still wrapping his head around how Levi had been so efficient, the man helped Tina through by lifting the chain link so it wouldn't dig into her skin.

They went inside, not needing to do anything else to barricade the awkward back-way. It was a small dark abode, with high thin windows that let in eerie slivers of distorted light, a lot of unlit candles, and a relatively stocked up interior. It used to be some sort of collaborative office, with small attached rooms, a small kitchen-like area in the back, and an addition to the downstairs of what seemed to be the 'home' portion of this. Levi had found this place when he met the owner, or the already undead owner. The man had died by his own hand; hanging from a noose upstairs, his body deteriorated to nearly nothing and his items still strewn about the room. Levi hadn't been the one to gloat, but instead, he put the thing out of its misery and threw it outside. This was a very nice little establishment, it was all one floor, it had a cheap kitchen for employees, it had running water (no shower, but the sink wasn't that bad), and was barricaded entirely. This meant for tight spaces in complete darkness, but the way it was built would never lead any passerbys to stop at it. Even when they did, breaking in was too loud and drew too many walkers for them to stay long.

@DryPunishment

"No. I don't. Tell me, what happens when we get caught out in a blizzard out there with no food and no shelter?" He snapped back sternly. (@Soul OMU)

(I would Beowulf if I knew where. xD )

Hunter glares slightly. "That's why you prepare for these kinds of things. Especially natural disasters." She said while looking at him. Cece sighs and sits back. (@DrTrollinski)

Conner turned in his chair to look them over. What they laid out was three rabbit pelts, and a raccoons, he was planning on making a hat out of that. "That's them all right. Thank you lads. I thought there were some guts of something or another over there, but I've been wrong before." @DrTrollinski

Wouldn't the sound attract the walkers?

"Sure enough,smarty pants if the sound of the running engine didn't attract them the muffled sound of some redneck song would send us on a path of serious danger."

She wanted to call him a smart ass so bad,but she remembered that if it wasn't for his kindness they'd still be out in the cold.

After the abrupt stop,which she was expecting, they got out of the car.

Lead by Levi they came across this zombie who Levi revealed it to be some clever little makeshift scare crow for humans.

Once they got inside she realized the guy wasn't playing around.

"Nice place...been planning this apocalypse? Or just found this place?"

@TheHarlequinnCat

"Natural? You're kidding me, aren't you? This whole situation is not natural. And the snow? Even if we WERE prepared, you honestly think that we'd be able to last for hours on end out there? It wouldn't matter what we were wearing. It cold would get to us after too long." He said, shaking his head. ".. I'm not risking mine and my brother's lives. I understand the situation you're in - if it was one of my brother's out there, I'd want to run out to get myself killed as well. But one of you's hurt, so going out isn't an option RIGHT NOW." He explained, sighing and rubbing his forehead. (@Soul OMU)

---

"Guts? What sort of use do you have with guts?" One of them asked, scratching their head. (@Beowulf)

Hunter watching him slightly before sighing and stepping back. "Your right. But the second that storm is gone and I'm healed, I'm going out there to find her or her corpse... I just hate feeling useless.." She said with a sigh and ran a hand through her hair. Cece watching the two slightly. "You two are rather similar..." She said more to herself. (@DrTrollinski)

He looked at Cece for a moment and raised an eyebrow as he looked back to Hunter. "How so?" He asked. (@Soul OMU)

Cece gives a slight grin. "You'll see in time.." She said as she got up and stretched slightly. Hunter shakes head at Cece. "She does that a lot... Why I don't know."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back