• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Awakening reupload (always open)

With a final effort, Wrath slowly eased the ship down to avoid breaking the landing gear again and collapsed down to all fours as the ship settled with a slight creaking of metal. He felt like he could vomit, but the feeling quickly subsided. Wrath stood on shaky legs and walked to the ship's entrance.

"Ships good to go guys" He called out and then moved inside. Wrath found a quiet corner and laid down on his back, the cool metal paneling was soothing to his overheated body. Wrath's chest heaved as he drew in deep breaths, trying to get oxygen to his weary muscles. "You weight too much Grief" he called to her with a grin.

Lilly wheeled the cart back to Wrath, "Would you like any?You deserve it after holding that ship up." Lilly said.

Wrath opened a weary eye and say the young girl hauling in a surprising amount of food into the ship. It was also the same girl who had tried to help him earlier. His stomach rumbled, the past few hours of fighting had left him hungry and having to lift the ship made him downright ravenous. He picked a few haunches of meat and started tearing into them with abandon, not bothering to get up from his comfortable prone position. After the first few bites he remember some of his manners.

"Thank you, small girl.. i was indeed hungry" Wrath said around mouthfuls of food.

Clint looks down at the dead dire wolf. He then turns to the ship. "What the hell?! Why'd you do that?!"

"No problem!" Lilly said, "Let's be glad they didn't have a leader,it's good they were just stupid!" Lilly said,smiling.

"I said if you were helpful I wouldn't shoot it; you weren't helpful though. So I shot it, pretty sweet shot too, if I do say so myself." Corliss turned to look at Wrath. "I weigh too much? My weight is perfectly fine. How about you?" She asked pointedly, staring at the food. Then to the girl. "What the hell are you doing here? Hadrian, we are not a charter service, we're not taking passengers. Wrath can stay; he helped fix you, the girl is a definite negative though."

"I'm not giving you those parts! I was going to tame it!" Clint starts to walk off, before calling back to them, "Wrath not included, you're idiots. You don't cook like that out here, and you don't make that much noise. I'd suggest you get back to whatever alliance your affiliated with's territory." He then walks off, the black dire wolf walking next to him.

Lilly exited the ship,with her food cart,she looked at the battlefield and figured there was no more reason to hide her actual reason for being here. The food was bait,though she wanted to be kind and share it. She hadn't shown her butcher knife because she didn't need it,until she carried her plan. She grabbed the corpse of a hedgehog thing and chopped off its spines,she put the despined corpse on the second compartment of the food cart and began walking to the next corpse.

Clint, out of earshot of the group, stops. "You can come out now." He calls out to the person he hasn't seen clearly, but knows of their presence. @Vxnessa

"Dire wolf, huh." Corliss smirked and flicked a little switch. "Hadrian, it's cute, right? What do you think, shall we extend the family a little bit?" The dire wolf stopped suddenly and looked back at the ship. It barked and started running back to the ship. Corliss stepped out and grabbed it round the neck, half hugging it, half restraining it. "Aren't you a sweetheart?" She murmured petting it's head.

Hadrian's defense system whirled around pointing at Clint. "I've got your back, Corliss." Unlike her usual tone that was sassy with a hint of snark, this time it was calm, reliable.

"Now now, you better behave, Clint dearie."

Last edited by a moderator:
Clint turns around. "Don't touch my wolf." He starts walking towards the ship. "Wrath, defend that wolf, you know how important he is to me."

Lilly looked at the others,as long as they didn't interfere,she wouldn't have cook them. A monster that was still alive tried attacking Lilly,who chopped it's head off,the monster ran around headless like a chicken,then collapsed. "I hope this one taste as good as what acts like,if so I may get some money." Lilly said,walking towards the new corpse.

"I'm not going to hurt him, Hadrian lock the doors." Hadrian's doors promptly shut and locked. "Dog whistle, works even better on wolves and I've modified it specifically for dire wolves." She scratched the wolf's ears, he barked happily. "What's his name?"

"Sir, I ask that you please stay away from Corliss, she's a tad protective over her things." Hadrian said. "I'm protective over her as well."

Corliss grabbed a whistle hanging around her neck and blew it, nothing audible happened, although the wolf sat upright looking back towards Clint, growling.

"My wolf isn't Corliss's." Clint keeps walking. He then whispers something. The wolf doesn't seem to respond. "You try to steal him and I'll destroy your ship's AI, then burn it, before killing you."

Lilly had gotten five monster corpses,a hedgehog,a rat,a turtle,and two other things. She pressed a button on the food cart that turned the second part into an oven and threw the hedgehog.

As Clint asked him to protect his wolf from Grief, Wrath gave him an incredulous look.

"I am not really any condition to do that" Wrath said and indeed he could barely lift his arms to get his food, let alone fight anytime soon. Clearly Clint did not know what lifting a ship felt like afterwards.... or maybe he was just more used to it than Wrath. The situation with the wolf was getting out of hand and all the noise was really starting to make Wrath's headache get worse.

"For the love of... whatever things you people worship... stop fighting for five seconds!" Wrath yelled. "Fix the ship with a new spark, get anything you want to bring along on board and get me to the nearest hospital PLEASE. First aid treatments are the only thing I was able to do to myself." Wrath sighed and inched his way up a wall so he was in a sitting position. "And let me take a nap!" he added.

"I don't suggest going after me." Hadrian warned.

"My ship? You're threatening my ship? All I did was pet your wolf." She blew the whistle again and the wolf barked ferociously at Clint. "He likes me, how about that? See, the whistle will suggest things to animals, but it doesn't control them. Obviously you two have a faulty relationship. Hadrian, please give dear Wrath your full medical attention, divert the essential data to the defense system."

Hadrian's audio was now completely focused inside. "Wrath, if you would please follow these lights to the private quarters, I can give you better medical care than any hospital, plus I've got plenty of experience with Corliss." Blue lights lit up along the wall, the path extended down the south corridor and a door unlocked and opened. "You can sleep there after I'm done fixing you up."

Corliss pulled out her handgun and pointed it towards Clint. "I need a spark, and I need to get off the ground, got a lighter?"

Clint whistles. The wolf stands up as he pulls out a small sub machine gun and aims it at Corliss. "Perhaps." The wolf walks back to his side. He then tosses a lighter over to Corliss. "C'mon." Clint goes behind cover, the wolf following closely behind. The two walk away.

Lilly was cooking monsters,it was her reason for being here. The United States wanted to know if monsters were edible,so they got Lilly,a chef who can take anything from blankets,humans,and light bulbs and make it taste good and give nutrition. She tasted the hedgehog,it was decent,though it had a slightly bitter after taste.

Clint passes the chef. "Most of the are poisonous. I can tell you which ones aren't poisonous as long as you get out of Greenland." The black dire wolf looks up at her. It's blazing, dark eyes are intelligent.

Wrath shakes his head at Clint and the girl who's real name was apparently Corliss. True you should never trust someone you just met but Clint was being even more stubborn than usual. As Wrath thought again about Corliss's personality maybe Clint was right to refuse a ride and huff it on foot. Unfortunately that was not a choice for Wrath, he would not make the trip back to the main cities in the shape he was in. Besides, it seemed the ship AI had taken a liking to him and Corliss did not seem to have full control over her.

"Much obliged" he said and followed the lights to a small cabin that seemed to be the ship's medical quarters. He sat in a high backed chair surrounded by apparatus and relaxed into the plush foam padding. "No funny business right Hadrian? from Corliss or you?" Wrath said, confident he would be able to react in time in case it as a trap.

"I think I can tell," Lilly said,confidently. "I gathered the ones I saw that weren't poisonous.

"Someone from the states can't survive out here for long without a mentor. Someone from anywhere outside of here can't survive without help. I know from experience." Clint looks down at the girl. "You aren't going to be an exception. I sure as hell wasn't."

Lilly sighed,she figured it would take a while to talk Clint out of mentoring her if she stayed in Greenland,and she wasn't going to be able to kill and cook him. "Fine," Lilly said, "Though I'm going back to the U.S. after I confirm these things can be edible."

"I promise to take proper care of you, my medical protocols will not allow me to hurt a patient." Hadrian responded. "If you would please use this needle," A small tray extended from the seemingly seamless wall carrying a needle still in it's packaging. "and draw a small blood sample, I can then run the variations for any poisons and infections that make be in your body. While you do that I will run an X-ray with your permission. Through that I may prescribe the appropriate medicines for any inflamed or torn muscles."

Corliss quickly modified the lighter to create the initial spark. A few failed attempts and the engines shuddered to life. "We will be taking off quite soon, after we're in the air I'll ask you to take over the flight path Hadrian. I'll scrounge up something to eat. Where can I take you, Wrath?" The intercom was clear, unlike the usual crackling that happened with the outside speakers. Corliss maneuvered the ship easily, and they took off with only a slight bump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back