• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Tale of Two Survivors { The Last of Us 1x1 with icedthemoon }

Alexander Brennan and Kaleb Price
Former Seraphite, Former FEDRA officer | 19, 27 | Current location ;; Washington

Alex looked at Nate as he swapped out the shirt and chuckled at his words. "Yes, somewhere in this state. At least we made it to the state." He said with a grin, as he felt Nate take his hand. "I can't help it." Alex said, blushing before he heard Carlos' voice. "He's ridiculous. We're coming out!" Alex said with a chuckle, before he answered Carlos as he led Nate to the door and opened it.

Kaleb smiled, and looked back hearing Carlos and chuckled low. "I think they're fine, come on." Kaleb said with a shake of his head as he grabbed his pack, fishing through it and pulled out some fresh green beans and a can of corn. It wasn't great, but it would get them through the day.

Nathaniel Matthews and Carlos Price
Former Firefly, Aspiring Artist | 21, 25 | Current location ;; Washington

Nate followed Alex out the door to find Carlos there waiting on them. “What were you guys doing in there?” Carlos asked as he leaned against the doorway. “Having some morning fun?” He reached for Alex’s hand and led the train to the front. “I believe our professional chef has prepared something beautiful for us this lovely morning.”

Former Seraphite, Former FEDRA officer | 19, 27 | Current location ;; Washington

Alex looked at Carlos who was leaning against the doorway and chuckled. "We were updating Nate's wardrobe." Alex said with a straight face as he felt Carlos take his hand. The three of them being moved towards the front where Kaleb had both cans opened, utensils at each seat and a smile on his face. "It's not great, but breakfast is served." Kaleb told them as he sat down, Alex broke from Carlos and Nate to settle at a seat as well. "It still looks better than beans." Alex said with a chuckle.

When Alex broke away from them, Carlos turned to Nate to see what exactly this wardrobe update was but nodded approvingly at the new shirt. “Oh, Washington! We made it? My love! Did you know we were in Washington already? I didn’t even notice.” He and Nate took their seats too, grabbing their utensils. “Well,” Nate said, “I appreciate it, Chef Kaleb.” He dug in for their breakfast.

Alex looked over at the two before he took a bite from the corn, with a smile on his face. Kaleb had taken a bite before he glanced over at Carlos. "I was not aware we in Washington already. Shouldn't be too much more until we make it to our farmhouse." Kaleb commented as he took another bite. "You're welcome Nate." He said after he swallowed. Both Alex and Kaleb knew to get their few bites in from each can before Carlos finished off the food.

Nate got his couple of bites in, paying attention to Carlos and his big appetite. Thankfully, he didn’t need too much before he was full. Carlos, as usual, was the one to finish off their food. Nate stood from the table and moved towards the window that distracted them the night before. “Okay, what’s the plan everyone? Do we want to go through this building? We are kind of full on supplies still. What all can we see from here? Hmm. We could always move higher in the building to see the rest of the city better?”

Alex and Kaleb had finished and watched Carlos finish off the food. Alex stood up and walked over to Nate, looking out the window. "This building has four stories, and I think I saw a fire escape through a window when we were going through. We can go up to the fourth floor and use the fire escape to see better." Alex suggested, while Kaleb took care of their utensils and cans with a smile. "I think that's a solid plan." Kaleb said as he slung his pack over his back.

That certainly sounded like a solid plan to Nate. “Yeah, I like that. Maybe we can see the end of the city from up there. Think anything will give us an idea of where we are actually heading? Because I don’t remember what this group was called. Max had the better memory.” He frowned as he turned to Alex.

Carlos grabbed his own pack and slung it over his shoulders. “No worries about that! We can wander around a little longer. Kaleb and I are used to traveling. What’s a little bit longer?”

Alex nodded as he walked over and grabbed his pack. “I saw water near where you were pointing so we should head towards the ocean.” He said as he led the way towards the main door. Alex swung his pack onto his back as he opened the door and looked around. “Clear.” He said as he headed out, turning towards the front lobby where he had seen the door that most likely had stairs. Kaleb followed Alex, a small smile on his face. “The traveling and wandering will be worth it when we get to the farmhouse.” Kaleb agreed.

Nate and Carlos followed out of the room and through the lobby. The fact that they were already in Washington was exciting. It was both exciting and terrifying. They were so close. Carlos opened the door to the stairs and poked his head inside. It seemed clear. “Come on, cuties. We have a fire exit to find.” He peered up. “Though it looks like these stairs are blocked somewhere up there. We’ll have to find an alternative route before making it to the fourth floor.”

Alex followed after Carlos once he opened the stairwell and deemed it clear. “I’m sure we can find a way through one of these floors. Sometimes they have staircases on the other end too.” Alex said as he began the trip upstairs. None of them were injured so he didn’t think any carrying was necessary. Which was what Kaleb figured too, as he stepped on the first stair to begin the trip up the highest they could go until they couldn’t use the stairs anymore.

The stairs were in decent condition except for the pretty obvious block that was up there when Nate looked up through the middle. So they would need to find some way to get up to three fourth floor. With this kind of building, there was likely another staircase or something they could use. He was not that worried. If all else failed, they would just go back down and choose a different building to move through. No worries.

Carlos was in a sappy mood the night before, and he woke up in an equally sappy mood. It happened sometimes where he just didn’t want to be apart from his people. And by people, he usually meant his person. “I’m going to borrow him if you guys don’t mind.” He swooped in behind Kaleb and picked him up and into his arms. “For absolutely no reason other than I love you.” He proceeded up those stairs like normal. Because he loved going up and down stairs. They were how he could be close to his beautiful blue eyes more often.

Alex was about three steps up when he heard Carlos and looked back to see him picking Kaleb up in his arms. Hmm. Alex got an idea and he smiled, looking at Nate. “I think he has a great idea.” Alex commented, turning and picking Nate up in his arms. Then Alex followed Carlos up the stairs with a laugh.

Kaleb wasn’t expecting to be scooped up, but he chuckled, arm going around Carlos’ neck. “I love you too Strong Arms.” Kaleb said, not caring that he was picked up. He rested his head on Carlos’ chest as he was carried up the stairs.

Nate had enough time to acknowledge that Carlos was picking people up again and hearing Alex’s words only before he too was suddenly raised off of the steps. He should have expected this, but he didn’t. Instead, he made a little sound like a yelp but not out of pain. Just surprise. It quickly ended in a giggle. “Oh. Hello.”

Carlos moved behind Alex and Nate so that he could be horribly distracted by his love as he so often was. Beautiful, smart, and just everything he ever wanted. No one could ever make him as happy as Kaleb. Nothing would ever separate them. “I told you that you’d fall in love with my arms again.”

Alex smiled, hearing the yelp and then the giggle. "Hello there, come here often?" Alex asked as he found himself leading the way up the stairs, passed the first floor and headed towards the second. "I see the appeal in scooping someone up, it's nice to be just a little closer to you." Alex admitted as he walked.

Kaleb smiled, tilting his head up so he could look at Carlos. "I never fell out of love with you or your arms." He said with a soft laugh. This was true. He fell in love with them back in Denver, fell in love with him even more in New Mexico. Someone so vibrant, full of life and handsome, someone that Kaleb would never be able to live without. Not after all they'd been through in two years. They were Carlos and Kaleb. The artist and the defector. Nothing would come between them.

Was he expecting the scooping? No. Did he like it? Oh yes. He very much liked it he was going to have to thank Carlos for this idea. And Kaleb. Though Nate was sure Carlos would scoop others, as he did scoop Alex, it seemed like Kaleb was likely the reason he did it. “I will if you’re going to be here,” he answered as he laid his head against Alex. “It’s certainly less than five feet. It’s like that no feet we talked about.”

Carlos smiled, bottom lip between his teeth as he tried to remember to keep his breath together. After two years, that still made his chest swell. “That’s very good news, especially since I have never fallen out of love with you. In fact, I think I love you more now. Every day, you continue to be amazing and ridiculously attractive. Mmm.” He rounded the corner to see the impending stairwell block.

Alex chuckled as he looked at Nate. "Sounds good to me." He said with a smile as he walked up the stairs. They came to the third floor door and the staircase going up was blocked. "So looks like we have to work through the third floor to get to the top floor." He said, setting Nate down gently.

Kaleb smiled, as he looked at him. "What can I say? I make things entertaining and wonderful for you." Kaleb told him, smiling as they got to the stairwell block.

Nate stood on his own with a sigh. He placed his hands in Alex’s with a shy smile. There was an expectation of how stairs worked. His eyes darted towards Carlos to be reaffirmed that this was in fact the answer. Nate leaned in and kissed him with passion but not the intensity that the rest could do. He wasn’t that confident. “Stair toll.”

Carlos reached the top and put Kaleb down. “Mm yes absolutely, you make everything wonderful.” Without any hesitation, he reached out to capture the face of his most favorite person in the entire world, fingers woven in his blonde hair, and kissed him in his absolute favorite way with all of the intensity that Nate could never dream of. “You and me forever, gorgeous.”

Alex heard the sigh and smiled as he felt Nate take his hands and then he felt Nate kiss him, while not intense, but full of passion.Once Nate pulled back, he smiled at that. “I like the stair toll.” Alex admitted as he walked over to the door and pulled it open. “Clear so far.”

Kaleb felt his feet hit the floor and smiled, as Carlos captured his face and then fingers in his hair. He kissed back, feeling the intensity in the kiss. “You and me forever.” He said with a smile as he heard Alex say that the hallway was clear so far.

“And Handsome and Medicine Man!” Carlos added as he ran after Alex and Nate who left the stairwell first. He grinned back at Kaleb, running backwards until he passed through the doorway and spun around to follow down the hall. It was probably time to be quieter, but he was just in such a good mood. He had so many people around him that made everything so great! He bounded through the door and down the supposedly empty hall without a worry in the world. Nothing would go wrong. Nate was looking for another stairwell or possibly one of those broken down areas that would allow them to climb up to the fourth floor. Or even an emergency staircase outside.

Kaleb rolled his eyes playfully as he heard him. “You should be quiet love.“ He commented as he followed Alex and Nate down the hall. Alex was looking into each room to see if there was an opening up to the next floor and Kaleb was following behind them, enjoying the peaceful moment and knowing that they’d made it to Washington.

Nate poked his head into one room. It looked mostly normal. The next did too. If the door was closed or locked, he didn’t go in it. He didn’t want to risk anything. Carlos shrugged at the comment but shoved a finger over his lips before zipping them closed and silently jogging down the hall past all of them. He turned the corner and away from the rest of them. He was frequently ahead of everyone else. He never had the fear of splitting for a while. He and Kaleb were not like Alex and Nate as cute as they were. Though, around this corner, he caught a glimpse of something run very quickly into a room. Oh shoot. He paused and listened. Hmm. He heard several somethings. Great. Well, no worries. They had this handled, and he ran into the first room.

Alex caught Carlos going up ahead and around a corner and made his way after him, but paused as he looked back at Kaleb who was taking his time. There was no need to really search so he decided he’d walk at his own pace. He was a little worried about Carlos but he swallowed it down. They had Nate and Alex as well, so they would be fine. Alex continued on his way around the corner to look for stairs or to see where Carlos was.

Nate poked through several of the rooms, but he didn’t see anything that could lead them to the next floor. The fire exits were usually their own areas. He didn’t see any where they were. Maybe Carlos had the right idea of running forward. Carlos agreed as he pulled the back of a runner and stabbed his neck with the knife he pulled out of his pocket. It occurred to him as the runner fell that he broke his melee weapon, and he never found another one. As he moved back to the hallway, he heard the clicks from the next room. He didn’t need a melee weapon. This would be fine.

Alex had lost Carlos, and Kaleb was searching through a room but came back into the hallway. He trusted Carlos, while Alex heard clicking up ahead and looked for Nate first, then he looked for Carlos. The three of them were ahead of Kaleb and they’d be the first line of defense in this case. Alex couldn’t find Carlos and he caught sight of Nate for a moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back