• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Tale of Two Survivors { The Last of Us 1x1 with icedthemoon }

Alexander Brennan and Kaleb Price
Former Seraphite, Former FEDRA officer | 19, 27 | Current location ;; Montana

After seeing the lobby, and checking it out, finding nothing really useful, Alex continued down the hall, coming to the first door. He looked at the others before he poked his head inside. No sounds, nothing visual. He gave a thumbs up and moved inside, looking around as he moved. Clear. Kaleb had an odd feeling but he didn’t hear anything so it should be fine. Why he felt so weird was beyond him, but he shook that feeling off and made to move into the room after the other two.

Last edited:
Nathaniel Matthews and Carlos Price
Former Firefly, Aspiring Artist | 21, 25 | Current location ;; Montana

Nate and Carlos followed in after Alex gave them the all clear. Even if something was in here, they were four and not easily outnumbered or surrounded in an apartment. Just in case, Carlos pulled out his melee weapon and held it in one hand as he moved along the perimeter. Nate stuck close to Alex. Any time they were apart only ever seemed to go badly. The door opened to the kitchen to the left, the living area to the right, and a hallway going straight down that probably led to a bathroom and one or two bedrooms. It was not a huge apartment, so if Nate had to guess, it was probably only one bedroom. He wondered if they would all be the same on this floor and change on the second or if they were a smattering on both. Carlos moved into the living area first to shuffle through the abandoned tables and such. Whoever lived here had a lot of stuff like books laying around and a bunch of technology with a whole lot of cables. Could he use any of that? It seemed unlikely.

Alex didn’t want to move from Nate’s side, even though they were four. He turned to head into the kitchen, leading Nate with him. He let go of his hand as he started searching cabinets. There was very little in there, some beans but he left those. “Kitchen seems bare.” Alex commented softly. Kaleb meanwhile followed Carlos into the living room, looked around and saw nothing really interesting and headed towards the hallway and the first door opened to a small bathroom that he started searching. A few sharps and some medication. He’ll have to ask Nate if the stuff was useful, he didn’t know much about medicine.

Nate nodded, because it really did seem like a picked through kitchen. It had a smattering of items they couldn’t use, so Nate took Alex’s hand again and walked them down the hall as well. There was a little door that he had a feeling was one of those little closets. He opened it and sure enough it was. It had some hanging jackets and sweaters, one of those vacuums he had never seen work, and a box full of what appeared to be tools and maintenance supplies. He sifted through quickly and grabbed some tape and looked like some sort of bizarre knife. That could be useful. He raised an eyebrow at Alex. “Anything suit you?” He asked quietly as he gestured to the clothes.

Carlos eventually abandoned his search of the living room and moved along the hall as well. He peered into the bathroom, but seeing Kaleb already there, he crossed to the other side where the bedroom was. As he took a step in, the first thing he noticed was the hole in the wall. It was not huge like the ones the big guys made when they were rampaging. This looked like the structural decomposition and decay of the building. He slowly walked towards and peered to the other side. That was likely the next apartment over. He listened carefully, trying to determine if someone used this as a pathway.

Alex looked at Nate as he felt him take his hand again. Then they headed to the hall, opening the door up to a closet. Nothing crazy was in there, some tape and a knife. He looked at the clothes and shook his head, nothing there he was interested in. “No not really.” He admitted. Alex shifted as he turned to leave the closet, wondering what the other two had found so far.

Kaleb headed out of the bathroom and down the hall, he glanced in the bedroom to see Carlos in there before venturing further and finding another closet and the end. Nothing was in the closet and he turned to see Alex leaving another one. “Anything?” He said quietly as he walked towards them.

Nate shook his head as Kaleb joined them down the hall and by the closet. “Not much. It’s nothing special. Where’s Carlos?” He saw him pass down the hall and peered that way. The bedroom probably? He led the way down the hall and peered inside, but at first glance, no Carlos. Confused, he stepped inside the bedroom. It was pretty small, and it was not in the best condition. Oh, and there was a hole in the wall he didn’t go in there did he?

He absolutely did. Carlos shimmied his way to the other side and peered around. This apartment looked like it was in much worse condition than the first one. It had all sorts of fungal growth along the walls. He huffed out a breath. That meant some friends had definitely been living there. Several probably. Did he go search for them or- He ducked down as he heard the tell tale sound of approaching footsteps. He wasn’t going to be able to make it back to the hole without being seen. Well this was not the best plan he ever had. No worries, he had dealt with more on his own. Probably. Not that he knew how many there were. It sounded like two? Maybe a third. Sounded meant not stalkers though. That was good.

Kaleb and Alex looked at each other and then at Nate. Kaleb shrugged, before they followed him into the bedroom. “I bet you he went in the hole. And usually he doesn’t take long to search. Do you think he’s okay?” Kaleb asked, nervously looking at the hole. He glanced at the other two and sighed. “One of us should go check on him. Nate, you said you do better coming from behind, if something is blocking the way back here, you’d be the best one to get it right?” Kaleb asked, blue eyes shining with worry. “Or should I go? Or even Alex? I don’t know who should go..” Kaleb’s tone betrayed his concern.

You know what? This was fine. This was more than fine. This was perfect. Really, what could go wrong? Nothing. He reached into his pack and grabbed an empty bottle. He peered around and tossed it. It smashed into a wall. It was too dark for him to see, and it was afraid of messing with the flashlight right now. No need to startle everyone. Three. Yeah. That’s fine. He can take three. He did many times before. He popped up and went in swinging. Crack against the head of one, drop to the floor to avoid that guy who was very close, run to the other side of the room, crack against his head. And that broke. Cool. The last one came at him fast, which was fine, because he was ready. He ducked and grabbed, pulling the runner to him and breaking his neck with his arms. If only Kaleb could have seen. He waited. This kind of fungal growth usually meant there was at least a clicker. Or two. But no? That wasn’t scary at all. No wait. There they were.

As they debated, Carlos came shimmying back through the hole. He grinned at them without any concern. “Oh hey guys, how’s it going? Find anything fun?” He moved to Kaleb’s side and tossed his arm over his shoulder. “I think we should avoid this hole because,” and then somewhere close exploded. It shook the floor. He laughed. “It’s probably fine now.” He shrugged.

Former Seraphite, Former FEDRA officer | 19, 27 | Current location ;; Washington

Kaleb was biting at his lip as he stood there. Alex didn’t know who should go help Carlos but a few moments later, he came back through the hole. Relief flooded through Kaleb as he felt the arm over his shoulders. And then the explosion. “I was worried there for a minute. But I guess we should definitely avoid that hole.” Kaleb agreed. Turning to head towards the exit, Kaleb started walking, ready to leave this room behind. Alex glanced between them and nodded. He followed after Kaleb, ready to move on as well.

Carlos tipped his hat towards them all as he too headed out of the room and back to the main hall. “Don’t worry about me love. Nothing is ever going to come between us like that.” Nate was wary of this kind of attitude but what exactly could he say about it? Since the moment they met, he knew this was the kind of person Carlos was. He ran off to deal with a shambling friend, though that was a much scarier thought now, and was fine. So maybe it was fine? It was probably fine. He scooted around the rest and stepped into the hall first. Still clear.

Former Seraphite, Former FEDRA officer | 19, 27 | Current location ;; Washington

Kaleb looked at him, seeing him tip that black hat. The same one that Asher found when they were with them, the same one he'd given to Jordan. Who gave it to Carlos. "I'll always worry about my dear. Someone has to remember?" He said, watching as Nate scooted around them and into the hallway first. Alex was right behind and Kaleb followed with Carlos. Kaleb frowned a little, that worry pricking at his mind still. "It better not." He finally muttered as they entered the hall so they could exit the room and continue searching.

Carlos pulled at Kaleb’s hand as they walked. “Nothing is going to happen. I will never leave you. I promised that years ago, and I still promise that.” He grinned. “No power in the ‘verse can stop me.” He laughed quietly as Nate peered into the next apartment on the left side. He took a few steps in, scanning, then gave the all clear. It seemed like a decent sized apartment, so it may even have two bedrooms if they were lucky.

Kaleb rolled his eyes with a quiet laugh. "And how many times have I told you that you can't promise that?" He asked as they came to the next apartment. Kaleb, while he waited patiently, thought about Jordan and Asher again. They'd been on his mind lately, and he was sure that Jordan thought like Carlos. It was why they had them, to keep the optimists alive. Kaleb swallowed his worry as Alex followed Nate into the apartment, Kaleb behind them.

Carlos knew that nothing he did was ever going to keep Kaleb from worrying. It was what he did. Of course, Carlos loved that about him. He knew that he had been saved plenty of times because of it. All he wished was that Kaleb would not be so pessimistic all the time. He wished he could smile a little bit more. Trust in Carlos’ promise. He would never ever leave Kaleb. Nate moved to the living area first this time. It was set up in a similar way to the last apartment. It was in a relatively good condition for having being abandoned and exposed to the elements. This one had a lot more chairs. Apparently these people liked to be comfy.

He looked at Carlos for a long moment, a soft warm smile on his face. He couldn't change that part of him, it would be physically impossible to do. So he deals with it, and when it gets to be too much, he grounds himself with Carlos. As they entered the apartment, Kaleb saw windows looking out over the city, and saw the sunset painting the sky orange and pink. "I don't know about you three, but if this place has two bedrooms and is safe, I say we stay here for the night. We've got all day tomorrow to search all the floors, though if everyone wants to keep going, that would be fine too." Kaleb suggested, though he would be perfectly fine continuing onto the next floor before they picked a spot to rest for the night. Alex on the other hand was getting hungry, his stomach rumbling as they entered the apartment.

Nate nodded and laughed as he heard Alex’s stomach. “You’re going to call all the infected to us with that growl,” he teased. He wasn’t checking everything too thoroughly since they were so good on supplies. He moved to the kitchen and then down the hall. “Oh, two bedrooms! A master and a slightly smaller one.”

Carlos thought about caring about that but then he also saw the sunset. With Kaleb in tow, he ran to the window. “Love! Look at that! Isn’t that gorgeous? All of that over the city?” He wrapped his arms around Kaleb as he stared out the window. “I wish I could paint for you. That is magical. With the washes of colors that gradient out. How the city becomes a shadow. So beautiful.”

The flush on Alex's face from the teasing matched the sunset in brightness. "It's not my fault." He said with a quiet chuckle, as he heard that the place had two bedrooms. "We can take the smaller one, let the lovebirds have the bigger room. What do you think love?" Alex asked, looking at Nate with a smile.

Kaleb had turned to check out the rest of the apartment before he was taken over to the window by Carlos. He looked out the window and smiled, feeling Carlos wrapping his arms around him. "I wish you could as well. Perhaps it can be a part of the mural in our farmhouse." Kaleb suggested, leaning into the hug, everything else forgotten around them.

Nate ran his fingers across Alex’s stomach. “It’s not your fault you wake the dead?” He teased as he popped into the smaller room for a look before also looking at the bigger one. He walked back to the living area and nodded when he saw the other two. “Yep, they can have the bigger room.” He moved towards the kitchen and leaned against the island. “So, what’s for dinner tonight?”

Carlos rubbed his cheek against Kaleb’s. “Mm, yes, that’s perfect. I can see it. That’s the top. I can’t see what’s below it yet. The painting of the four of us is going to be bigger. Inside somewhere. Like all those places with the prominent painting over the fireplace. That’s what I want.” He peeled his head away to look over at Nate and Alex. “Jealous, sweet ones? I’m sure we could share. We’ve got plenty of love to go around.” He winked towards them with that devilish grin.

Alex felt the fingers run over his stomach and if it was possible, his blush got worse. "No it's not.." He said, smiling before he looked at Nate and hummed before he pulled his pack off and looked through. "Spaghetti and Ravioli? We have a pretty good table here too we can sit at." Alex said, setting a can of each on the table along with utensils. "Lovebirds! You gonna come join us?"

Kaleb sighed happily, a smile on his face at the rub of Carlos' cheek on his. "That sounds beautiful love." He agreed, before he heard Nate and then Carlos. That made him chuckle, and it was such a Carlos thing to say as well. Then he heard Alex's dinner suggestion and his own stomach growl. "My love, we should go eat.."

Nate pulled out the chairs for each of them before taking his own seat. “I think I like it when you decide that our meals have variety in them. I feel like all meals should.” He peered over at the other two to see how they were coming along. “You’re going to be the jealous ones when we eat all the good food.”

Carlos was again trying to be a good group member and pay attention to the whole group, but he found that he was wildly distracted by the best person in the entire world. He released his arms from around him only slightly. “Spaghetti and ravioli is awfully tempting. He peered down at Kaleb’s stomach. “And you seem as hungry as Handsome.” He let his arms loosen some more like he was going to drop his touch, but he didn’t. They lingered on his love’s arms. “We should satisfy that hunger.” He ran a finger over Kaleb’s jaw and partially down his neck before moving to the dining area.

Alex smiled, chuckling a little. “I prefer variety with my meals.” He said as he sat down. He opened the cans as he saw Carlos and Kaleb head over a moment later.

Kaleb felt the arms loosen slightly as he heard Carlos and he smiled, as the arms loosened further. The arms lingered on his arms as he felt the finger over his jaw and partially down his neck before he followed Carlos to the table and sat down, with a smile as he grabbed his utensil and proceeded to take a bite of dinner with a smile. “Another delicious meal, good choice for dinner Alex.”

As everyone sitting now for their meal, Nate also started to grab a bit with his utensil. He had to get in quickly before Carlos snagged it all. His bites were so much bigger than Nate’s. Granted, Nate needed less than Carlos. Carlos could eat cans at a time, Nate swore it was true. “So what do we do when we run out of ravioli? How will we ever have the will to go on?”

Alex and Kaleb both had a few bites from each before Carlos managed to get it all. Alex looked over at Nate and shrugged. “Hope we find some more. Otherwise eventually we’ll have to get beans again.” Alex said, shuddering visibly at the idea which made Kaleb laugh. “I hope we find more then.” Kaleb said as he sat back, sufficiently full as did Alex. Both wiped their utensils clean as well.

Nate was shaking his head as he ate. When he swallowed he also shook the utensil. “Absolutely not. I refuse to go back. I’ve spent my entire life eating beans. Never again.” He took one last bite and wiped down his utensil. Carlos on the other hand was hungry so he was eating more. “Hey, if you don’t want the beans, I’ll take ‘em.” But he too eventually finished and clean and put away his utensil. “Alright, I’m stuffed. Anything dangerously entertaining you’d like to do before bed?”

Alex laughed as he heard that and looked at him. "So you can starve when we have only beans leave." He said with a laugh as he looked over at the others. "I'm not sure, is there anything we want to do tonight or should we just go to bed." Alex mused as he looked around at them. Kaleb looked at the other three and sighed. "I'm kind of tired, it's been a rather emotional day so I vote for bed." Kaleb said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back