• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Tale of Two Survivors { The Last of Us 1x1 with icedthemoon }

Alexander Brennan and Kaleb Price
Former Seraphite, Former FEDRA officer | 19, 27 | Current location ;; Montana

Kaleb chuckled as he heard Carlos and nodded as he felt the boop on his nose. "I always want you to paint for me, because I love to see you paint. and we definitely don't want this masterpiece to fade away." He added, glancing back at the drawing again with a smile on his face.

Alex sat back up and beside Nate, leaning against him. "I can build that, and having Carlos help would be perfect." Alex said, looking at the picture and nodding. "Our perfect farmhouse." He agreed before he looked at the four of them. "Are we ready to get moving?"

Nathaniel Matthews and Carlos Price
Former Firefly, Aspiring Artist | 21, 25 | Current location ;; Montana

Nate stood up first, putting his hand down for Alex. “Have I ever told you that the fact that you can look at his drawings and just be like ‘Yeah I can do that,’ makes me fall so so incredibly in love with you that I don’t even know how to deal with myself?” He turned and pointed to Carlos before he could say anything. “And no, you drawing and being your strong self does not make me fall in love with you. I’m sorry to disappoint you like that.”

Carlos was going to say something but instead shrugged. “I don’t hold it against you, cute little Medicine Man. Handsome is really something else. I don’t blame you for being absolutely taken with him.” He picked up his journal and tossed it into a pack without looking. “Okay, fine, we can go now. I am sufficiently ready at this time.” He picked up the packs and started tossing them at each of their owners.

Alex took Nate's hand and stood up, listening to him with a smile. "Is that so? I guess my charm works better than I thought." Alex laughed as he looked over at the other two just in time to get his pack tossed at him and caught it with a grin. Alex slipped it on over his back and looked around with sigh, and then at the trees. He loved the forest. Kaleb grabbed his bag as he stood up and stretched, holding a hand out for Carlos so they could make their way through the forest towards Washington.

Nate swung their clasped arms together for a moment before he couldn’t help but let that wide smile overtake his entire face. “You have so much charm. I’m shocked you don’t have more suitors. Now, I believe you promised us a demonstration on exactly why you are my Monkey Man.” He turned to the other two, Carlos having just taken Kaleb’s hand as he shoved a pack on his back, and gets dripping in the adoration he had for Alex. “I know you got to see him when we were running for our lives, but you’ve never really gotten to watch him move in those trees.” He looked up, remembering, and that was enough to take away his attention for a moment. “You think building a house makes me crazy? This is my actual favorite thing to watch.” He grinned at Carlos. “You like arms. Watch these ones.”

Alex felt their arms swing together and then he chuckled. "I did have suitors, they just weren't you." He admitted before he looked up at the trees with a wide smile and bright eyes. Alex looked at the other two and then Nate before kissing his cheek. "Right" He said, dropping the hand and walked over to the first tree. He reached his arms up, used a foot on the trunk and pushed, grabbing the branches in his hands and pulled himself up onto the first branch. Then he leapt off to the next higher branch and crawled up. He moved up and around and stopped halfway up, taking a second to look down at the three that were looking so small. Kaleb watched, impressed, he could never climb like that.

Nate could not help but be instantly enthralled. He always had been, even at the beginning of their relationship. That was the most amazing thing he had ever seen. If he could watch Alex move in the trees forever, he would be perfectly content. Carlos too found himself mesmerized by the strength and agility. Those were two things that he did absolutely love in someone. He leaned into Nate with a “Wow.” “Yeah,” Nate responded. “Look at those muscles.” “Oh yeah.” “It’s like he’s walking.” “Like he’s one with the trees.” “And I thought I was attracted to him before.” “Right?” “Imagine what those arms and legs could do-“ “and that’s where we stop sharing our love.” Nate patted Carlos on the bag and peered at Kaleb. “Isn’t he the most amazing person you’ve ever met?”

Alex continued to make his way up until he reached the top of the tree. He walked along the branch, and paused, studying. Then he ran, leapt and landed on the next tree, before he worked his way around it to the other side, drawing his bow and he fired at the base of a nearby tree and a second later he leapt into the next tree before he started working his way down. Kaleb looked over at Nate, awe in his eyes. "You sure know how find some pretty amazing people Nate."

“So has he ever missed with that bow?” Carlos asked, watching just as intently as the rest of them. Nate shook his head. “Not often. He can just move so beautifully. It’s such a fluid motion for him.” Carlos tossed an arm around Nate’s shoulder, and Nate just allowed them to be together in that moment. Together in awe. Nate accepted that Carlos may be mildly in love with Alex. Who wasn’t? How could you not be? Was Nate biased? Oh absolutely. “Fun fact,” he said absently as he watched. “The first time I watched this was probably when I really fell in love with him.”

Alex worked his way down, jumping from branch to branch as he finally made it to the ground, jumping down. He walked over to the arrow he'd shot and pulled it out of the bark with one swift motion. He slipped it into his quiver and headed back towards the others, snagging his pack and throwing it on his back. Kaleb heard the two and then looked at Alex. It was really fascinating seeing him move like that in the trees.

Nate was at Alex’s side the moment he had his pack back on. He slipped his hand into Alex’s and started journeying, probably the wrong direction, like they had been moving the whole time. Carlos, lost in the moment of strong arms and agile legs, nearly fell as Nate walked away, but caught himself in time to not pull Kaleb down with him. “Love, remember when you put a knife to his throat? Mmmm, I think I would have liked to see more of that.” Nate chose to shake his head and not respond.

Alex felt Nate take his hand and was at his side immediately. He glanced to the side and smiled at Nate before he noticed the direction. “My love.. this way.” He said, turning them to the right a few inches. Kaleb noticed Carlos almost fall but he caught himself which Kaleb appreciated as he didn’t want to hit the ground. “You know.. I didn’t even have it pressed that tight to his neck. And I don’t think I’d like to see more of that.” Kaleb chuckled sliding his hand into Carlos’ and following the other two.

Nate sighed but laughed at his utter inability to keep directions’s together. They were literally just walking this way. He should have known which way they were going. And yet, somehow, he was always lost. “This is why I keep you, my guiding light.” He kissed Alex’s cheek and followed the correct direction. He looked back at the other two and shook his head. “I would not like to see more of that. I like you as friends not enemies. No knives no thank you.” Carlos sighed, but let it drop. For now.

He smiled at Nate, hearing him. “Of course it is, we can’t let you turn us all around and take us to Florida.” He said with a laugh, though his smile widened at the kiss. Kaleb heard the sigh from Carlos and chuckled, he knew that the conversation wasn’t over yet. As Alex walked, he noticed the trees were getting sparser. “Must not be a big forest.” He commented, looking at Nate.

Less trees meant coming real world, which was a good sign, right? It meant that they were a little bit closer to their destination. “That’s not so bad,” Nate responded as he examined the thinning tree line. “It means we should be headed in the right direction.” He shrugged. “I hope.” Carlos, who was not at all tracking where they should and should not be going, decided that Lost in Florida Man thinking they were nearing somewhere correct was going to have to be good enough for him. Besides, Nate was the only one with an actual destination in mind. Carlos was just along for the ride. He was happy to be anywhere really.

Alex wasn’t so sure but he shrugged and smiled. “We’re making good time I think. We might hit Washington today actually.” He said as he paused them once they got to the tree line. “Should I climb up and scout or did we want to go for it?” Alex asked. Kaleb was content to follow the other two, knowing that home was in the future. He paused when Alex did and looked at him. “Wouldn’t hurt to scout a little before we’re in the open” Kaleb agreed.

Carlos raised his hand with a, “I vote for Handsome doing that cool climbing thing again.” He settled into the smile as Nate shook his head but agreed for multiple reasons. When they looked at each other, they were both very aware that they just bonded via their shared desire to watch Alex do his thing. Nate squeezed Alex’s hand and actually answered, “Scouting is probably the best idea. I would hate for us to make it this far just to run into another one of those traps. Just be careful?” He knew that he did not have to tell Alex. Alex was always very careful, but it did not mean that he would not worry.

Alex heard an almost unanimous vote for him to scout. He felt the squeeze to his hand from Nate and smiled. “I would rather not have trap ahead of us. And I’ll be very careful love.” Alex told him, kissing his cheek gently before he slipped his pack off and headed for a tree. He hauled himself up, and started climbing. Once he reached the top, he leaned against the trunk and looked out to the Montana landscape. He narrowed his eyes as he noticed something in the distance. Were those buildings? Wait. That looked familiar out in the distance. Alex made his way back down and grabbed his pack. “We’ve got about half a days walk and it looks like a city in the distance. A smaller one and there were no hunters when I came through it the first time so we should be set.”

Kaleb had watched Alex climb, fascinated. He waited with the other two and then heard Alex when he came back down. “Sounds like that’s where we’re heading then.”

As Alex climbed away to scout ahead, Nate realized that he had a very real fear of what could happen while they were apart. So often they had been attacked when separated. His mind fell back to memories of when they were hunted by people who killed for fun. He relived slicing someone’s throat to save his Alex. Nate waited, but he handled it poorly. It seemed so ridiculous to react in such a way, but honestly, he had lost a lot. When apart, he lost his mother too. He jumped a little as Carlos placed a hand on his shoulder, sensing something was wrong. He pointed to the trees where Nate could see Alex coming back down to give his report. Safe.

“Sorry that your trees didn’t last that long,” Carlos said as Alex fell back in line with them. “But I am glad to have a small city with no hunters. I know cities way better than forests.” He trudged along without hesitation. “What do you think we’ll find in there? Do you think I will get to blow something up? I haven’t gotten to blow something up in… oh several days.”

Alex immediately took Nate’s hand as he came back to them. “I’m sure we’ll find more along the way. As for what we’ll find? Could be anything. But I know I saw a good amount of infected when I made it through. So probably plenty of chances to blow stuff up.” He told Carlos as they entered the barren landscape. Kaleb chuckled hearing that. “There you go dear. Plenty of friends to make art with.” He told Carlos with a smile.

Carlos took Alex’s other hand as well as Kaleb’s as he moved and talked. He swung the arms playfully. “This one time, I blew up this bloater- well, actually, I guess I blew him up twice, because he was a real pain to kill, and he spattered this pattern that looked just like a dinosaur. And the remains of the stalker that happened to be there with him were like a beautiful sunrise backdrop.”

“You know, that is one of the most disturbing things I have ever heard,” Nate commented from his side of the line.

Alex felt Carlos grab his hand and then gave him a look as he listened. “I don’t know whether to be impressed or disturbed myself.” Alex admitted, glancing over at Nate. “But I’m sure you’ll make art just as nice here.” He added. He knew that Carlos loved explosions and art, but that was not what he was expecting to hear today.

“It really did look like a dinosaur. And it was certainly appreciated that he killed it, because it was headed for me.” Kaleb commented as they moved.

“And we couldn’t have my gorgeous in danger. But the point is, there is always beauty in everything, especially when it explodes.” For emphasis, Carlos waved the interlocked hands that he had. “From destruction and chaos is born something anew. Like dinosaurs sometimes. Or a way out that we did not previously have.”

Nate nodded but then shook his head. “But not people, right?”

Carlos laughed. “Of course not! People are precious. Well, except for that time I did blow up those hunters when we were running for our lives, but that was less for art and more for survival. And also for fun. You have to find joy in your life, my little melancholy friend. Right, dear?”

Alex tilted his head a little. That was certainly a unique approach to life. He’d never considered that things could be born new, from such chaos. But he did have to agree with him. “Fun. Joy. Two words not heard often.” Alex mused as they walked. Kaleb had to agree with him. “It is because of you my love that I’ve realized what joy can be. And just how hard it is to find.” Kaleb told him as they moved. It had been finding Carlos that had allowed him to realize just how much joy he’d been missing in life.

Nate, who used to be the cheerful one but paled in comparison to Carlos, was intrigued. “Okay, let me get this straight. You paint, draw, and blow things up for art, beauty, and fun.” He grinned and leaned in close to Alex. “I am intimidated. I just thought you should know.”

Carlos swung the arms he had dramatically as they walked through what was the most boring looking area of the entire world. “I think that we have to find joy in everything even the hard times. We don’t just smile to mask the pain we feel. We smile because there is always something to smile about.” He squeezed the hand of his love. “Like there is life with kindness.” He squeezed the hand of his infatuation. “And there is life with acceptance.” He leaned ahead and smiled towards the one who felt like a brother. “And there is life with mercy.”

He listened to Carlos, heard him and hummed for a moment as he thought. Then he heard Nate and chuckled a little. "That's good to know." He replied before he felt the squeeze to his hand. He let Carlos finish his words before he smiled. "I don't know how, but I managed to find two optimists in such a short time. Kaleb.. please tell me you're a pessimist too." Alex turned his head to look at Kaleb.

Meanwhile Kaleb was listening to Carlos, a man who always seemed so cheerful and happy. It was when he was sad that Kaleb felt lost. He heard Alex's comment and looked over at him. "I am a pessimist. It's why we work so well together, and I'm guessing the same goes for you and Nate."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back