• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Tale of Two Survivors { The Last of Us 1x1 with icedthemoon }

Nathaniel Matthews and Carlos Price
Former Firefly, Aspiring Artist | 21, 25 | Current location ;; Montana

Nate threw up a hand and sighed. “And I die. Tragically.” He fell back into Alex, tragically dying at the hands of his starvation. He could only hope that he was caught. Carlos looked at the other two and then at Kaleb. “Well, he’s tragically dead and he’s going to have to bury his body, which won’t be hard since he has wasted away. And where Kaleb goes, so do I.” He ran a hand through Kaleb’s hair. “Only kind of tired? I can help you fall asleep.” He kissed the crook of his neck. “I’m feeling sappy.”

Alexander Brennan and Kaleb Price
Former Seraphite, Former FEDRA officer | 19, 27 | Current location ;; Montana

Alex caught Nate when he fell back into him. He would never let Nate fall of course. "I guess I should take my tragically dead love and go to bed. You two have fun." He said, casually scooping Nate into his arms with a chuckle. Kaleb looked at Carlos then at the other two and felt the hand through his hair. "I would love the help in falling asleep, my love." Kaleb commented as he felt the kiss on the crook of his neck.

Nate could only barely contain the giggles, but he did. Mostly. He was dead after all. Carlos grinned and put a hand on Kaleb’s chest. “Give me one moment.” He slipped away and move to Alex and his corpse. “Sleep well, Handsome.” He pressed a kiss to Alex’s lips. “May your after life be peaceful, Medicine Man.” He kissed Nate’s cheek. That was when he lost it. The giggles were much. Carlos also laughed but swept away and back to Kaleb. He wrapped his arms around Kaleb, lifted him, and spun him around before putting him back down with the biggest grin. “Shall we see what I can do?” He took Kaleb’s hand and began walking down the hall towards the master bedroom.

Kaleb chuckled at that and nodded, while he watched Carlos walked over to Alex and the now 'dead' Nate. Alex flushed at the kiss to his lips and smiled. "I plan on it." He said, as he heard the giggles escape from Nate. "Good night guys." Alex told them as he watched them and then saw them head to the master bedroom. "Come on my love." Alex said, turning to make his way to the smaller bedroom. Kaleb laughed at the lift up and spun him around. "Yes let's go see." Kaleb told him, following Carlos by hand to the master bedroom.

Nate giggled until Alex moved them into the bedroom. He wriggled in his arms and finally said, “im not very good at being dead, am I? I was trying so hard. But no. Ruined.” Carlos, still in his sappy mood, which admittedly was most of the time, stepped down the hall with a flourish of his arms as they reached the master bedroom. As they stepped inside, he pulled Kaleb in for a passionate kiss as he closed the door.

Alex chuckled once they were in the bedroom and he set Nate on the bed when he felt him wriggle in his arms. "I've seen better dead things.." Alex said with a laugh as he looked at him. Kaleb smiled into the kiss as the door shut behind them. Alex sat down on the bed and over at Nate. "I'm ready for bed, how about you love?"

Nate held out his arms so that he could slide one behind Alex when he sat down. “I am. What about you?” He peered over his shoulder. “Look at this nice bed just calling our names.” He patted it and fell back onto the bed. “It calls to me. Nice pillow. Nice blanket.” He hummed contentedly.

Alex slid down on the bed beside Nate. "I completely agree." Alex said as he laid down beside him, head resting on Nate's chest, as he forced his eyes to remain open. "I love the forest, but I love this comfortable bed much, much more." Alex admitted as he curled closer to Nate.

“You know what I love?” Nate asked as he cuddled close to Alex. He rested his head on Alex’s, nestling into his hair. “You.” He kissed the top of his head as his eyes closed. He yawned loudly. He could not help it. He was leaning he was very tired.

Last edited:

Alex hummed in response to Nate's question, feeling his head on him and nestled into his hair. He smiled, at that. "I love you too." Alex replied as he felt the kiss to the top of his head. Alex's eyes closed as he yawned as well. "Good night my love." Alex whispered as he fell asleep himself.

“Night, my beautiful monkey man.” His voice was softer, almost wistful as he drifted off to sleep. It was a much more peaceful sleep than the night before. He dreamed about something that he did not remember the next day, though the feeling lingered as he opened his eyes when the sun’s rays sprinkled down on his face from the window. It felt almost like he attended something sad or possibly something happy. It was strange not to know which one since both were so different. He kissed the top of Alex’s head as he lay there staring at the ceiling.

Last edited:

Alex barely heard Nate’s voice before he fell asleep. His dreams were quiet yet chaotic, sad and happy feelings filtering through. By the time morning came around, Alex had managed to get some sleep, and he only woke when he felt the kiss on the top of his head. Blinking open his eyes, he shifted as he looked at Nate. “Mm Good morning.” Alex whispered to Nate softly with a smile on his face.

Nate closed his eyes and opened them again shifted down to see Alex. He smiled with a “Mornin’ beautiful.” He brought his hand to Alex’s face, running fingers over the scars that he loved so much. Scars that enhanced a being with its history. From destruction and chaos something is born anew. From death there is life. From scars there are new tissue. This was how they saved the world.

Alex felt the hand on his face, fingers running over his scars. Scars that Alex hated his entire life, ones that hurt when they were given. Ones he wished to be rid of. Scars that Nate seemed to love running his fingers over, and Alex found that he didn’t quite hate them as much as he used to. “How’d you sleep?” Alex asked, looking at him.

He stared at Alex for much longer than this question needed considering. Nate liked the lines of his face. He liked the softness. “Fine I think. Better than last night. See, it probably was missing the bed. Nothing to worry about.” The lingering feeling of something past dissolved and dissipated leaving Nate with Alex and the wonder of whether or not the other two were up yet. It seemed unlikely.

Alex smiled as he looked at Nate. “I’m glad the bed made all the difference in your sleeping my love.” Alex told him, hand on Nate’s chest tracing circles as he hummed. “I wish we didn’t have to move, this is peaceful.” Alex commented as he laid there, though he knew that they should get moving eventually. Though he doubted the other two were awake.

Kaleb was.. he woke up a few moments ago, curled into Carlos’ side. Comfortable, yet there was something in the back of his mind. Something that again had invaded his dreams once he’d fallen asleep. So he laid there, beside his love and tried to recall just what that something was.

Nate contemplated that. Not moving. He would love not to move. He would love to stay there or somewhere like that until the end of time. Just him and Alex and the other two whenever they chose to wake up. He was sure it took them a while to get to bed. He didn’t hear anything because he fell asleep so fast but he could assume. It made him wonder about their own mission. If all he wanted was to find a farmhouse, what were they still doing going to find these people? What were they doing traveling back the way Alex came? They were going to save the world. That was what they wanted. They could live in the farmhouse and be happy with their bread and murals and ravioli, but they were also going to work with people to find a way to bring the world back to life. “One day that’s what we’re going to do. We’re going to stop moving around. No more traveling.”

Carlos dreamed about Jordan and Asher like they were still there. He dreamed about Jade and Basira and Salim. He even dreamed about Officers No Fun and Scowl. Everyone was at this party or gathering or something. He no longer remembered the specifics as he woke up. His eyes were not open as he searched for Kaleb. Oh, he was the comforting presence he felt. He was always there. They were always beautifully together. “Mm, my favorite person.”

Alex sometimes wondered what the point was in their mission. Help Nate to get to his people was the original plan, and how it changed now. It was now get to Washington, find a farmhouse, live with their family. Peaceful mornings, quiet evenings. No need to travel around. “I’m going to hold you to that. No more traveling once we make it to our farmhouse.” Alex agreed.

Kaleb had given up trying to remember what he’d been dreaming about. He decided it just wasn’t worth it to think about. He felt Carlos searching for him and then heard him. “Good morning my love.” Kaleb’s voice was soft and still heavy with sleep.

For a moment, Nate thought about just not doing this anymore. He thought about not continuing on to Washington. He thought about making going south or maybe east again where there were more forests for Alex and sprawling grasslands where they could have plenty of room for crops and livestock. They could find one of those farmhouses or maybe even build the one Carlos was designing. For a moment, there didn’t seem to be much point in going. But who would Nate be if he let go of that dream? Who would he be if he chose for four of them to be happy instead of working on making everyone happier and safer? He couldn’t do that. He could not be that kind of selfish. “I promise. It’s going to be good.” He held Alex close, still a bit lost in his thoughts.

Carlos hummed at Kaleb’s voice. He could say anything, and that would always be enough for him. Though, when he was sleepy, he was especially cute. He readjusted to capture Kaleb’s face in his hands and kiss him. “What a wonderful morning it is, my sweet.”

Alex looked at Nate, a smile on his face as he heard that. "Okay.. What are you thinking about dear?" Alex asked, not wanting to move from such a comfortable position. They could take a few moments more before he was going to want to move.

Kaleb heard the hum from Carlos and smiled, and then he felt hands capture his face, and he kissed Carlos back happily. "I agree, and I wish we could spend a lot longer here, in bed. Just relaxing. It's very nice."

The pull and call back to their reality took another moment. Another. And finally he smiled, chuckled even, and spoke. “Drifting mostly I think. Thinking about our farmhouse and how much land we might need around it.” In Washington. They just had to make it to Washington. Somewhere in Washington.

“Why can’t we? What is stopping us?” That was the question Carlos never really dared to ask out loud though he thought it frequently. “I never understood everyone’s obsessions with being in a hurry.” He kissed Kaleb’s cheek. His neck. “But I know we have places to be, so I guess we should get up.”

Former Seraphite, Former FEDRA officer | 19, 27 | Current location ;; Washington

Alex nodded as much as he could at that answer. His heart swelled a little at the smile and chuckle. “We’re definitely going to need a lot of land.” Alex agreed as he sighed softly. “We should get up and get going otherwise we’ll never make it to our farmhouse.” Alex said, before he rolled over off the bed and his eyes caught something near the bed. “Hey Nate? I think we’re in Washington.” He said, leaning down and grabbing a shirt that had been tossed under the bed. On it said ‘Washington State est 1889.’ With a picture of the state on it.

Kaleb chuckled hearing that question and thought for a moment. Admittedly Carlos wasn’t wrong, but Kaleb knew they had a little more to go. “I know, but once we get there. Lazy mornings every day. How does that sound?” Kaleb asked as he pulled away and slipped off the bed after he felt the kiss on his cheek and then his neck. Face flushed red as he did.

Former Firefly, Aspiring Artist | 21, 25 | Current location ;; Washington

Nate rolled to the other side to see whatever it was that Alex found. Ah. Huh, a shirt. Washington. “Hey, I think you’re right. Well look at that. I didn’t lead us too off track after all,” he teased himself. He nodded towards the shirt. “We should keep it to commemorate this accomplishment of our efforts. It will probably fit one of us.”

Carlos followed behind somewhat reluctantly. He stretched his arms up and then all the way down to the ground. “Lazy mornings. I love the idea of lazy mornings. I remember mornings where I decided that I didn’t want to get up. You know what that got me?” He placed his hands on his stomach and sighed. “Hungry. Don’t work, don’t get ration cards.” He bounded to the door and opened it for Kaleb. “In our own place, no one can judge my work happening later in the day. And through the nigh. That’s when I work best.” He winked.

Former Seraphite, Former FEDRA officer | 19, 27 | Current location ;; Washington

Alex looked at the shirt for a moment, judging the size of the shirt for a moment. "It certainly won't fit Carlos and it'll be tight on me. Why don't you try it?" Alex suggested. "After all you led us here, and didn't steer us off track at all." He said, handing the shirt over to Nate. He yawned as he slipped completely off the bed and looked at Nate, before his stomach grumbled. "Breakfast time?"

Kaleb stretched as he stood up, and smiled, looking over at Carlos when he heard him. "Well, once we get to the farmhouse, I'd prefer to see you work later in the day, especially at night." He said, seeing that wink and chuckled as he walked over to the door and stepped through, kissing Carlos' cheek before walking down the hall and into the main area, noticing they were the first ones there.

Former Firefly, Aspiring Artist | 21, 25 | Current location ;; Washington

Nate inspected the shirt, considering this, and then decided that yeah, he was down with that. He swapped his last shirt with the new one. “Hey look.” He pointed to the state on shirt. “That’s where we’re going. Somewhere in this large state.” He shrugged before joining Alex and taking his hand. “Ooh, someone is hungry again. Your grumbly tummy is so cute. Let’s go get breakfast.”

Carlos skipped after him with a laugh. “This is why I keep you around.” He narrowed his eyes at the lack of others out and about yet. Well that was odd. They were usually up later than the young couple. “Are you two dead?” He called as he stayed around their door. “Or are you busy?” He asked this with a smile that they could probably hear in his voice.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back