• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Tale of Two Survivors { The Last of Us 1x1 with icedthemoon }

Nathaniel Matthews and Carlos Price
Former Firefly, Aspiring Artist | 21, 25 | Current location ;; Montana

Ravioli. Why was Alex the cutest thing to have ever existed in the whole world? He smiled and asked, “is it really? Ravioli?” But he shrugged because that was pretty good. “I like records and record players. We used to have one. My mama loved playing all the music. Of course, it was hard to play when we didn’t have the generator to power it. But once we found one that you could crank. It was the neatest thing. What about you?” He looked to Carlos who considered that for a moment. “Well, certainly not books like boring here. Can I say paints? Because i know we still have them but they’re so hard to come by. Paint is magical. But if I can’t say paint…” he shoved a hand on the back of his neck. “Okay I take it back. I’m going to agree with Kaleb. But not all of them. The ones with the photographs we can’t take anymore. They captured the world so amazingly.”

Alexander Brennan and Kaleb Price
Former Seraphite, Former FEDRA officer | 19, 27 | Current location ;; Montana

Alex nodded to Nate's question with a blush. "I'm still learning about the old world. Like I have no idea what a record player is, and until I met you guys, what paints or books were." Alex admitted as he listened to them talk about their favorites. He knew what music was, but he didn't know it came on things called records. He felt silly that his pick was ravioli now. Kaleb chuckled, hearing Carlos first say books that he liked made him boring, when he knew better, and a few moments later he was proven right. Yep. There it is. "Welcome to the boring side love. Though I do have to agree that the pictures in those books are beautiful."

Nate smiled and shook his head. “I think that’s sweet. I love ravioli. It reminds me of being with you.” He kissed his cheek and turned to Carlos and Kaleb. “And books aren’t boring. Paints can count if you want but I think it’s sweeter if you both like books.” He laughed and turned to Alex. “Oh you know those Prices and their books.” He shook his head and chuckled. “That’s what the neighbors would say if we had any. Or maybe they will when we have them? If we have them?” He sighed and shrugged. Carlos clapped a hand on Nate’s shoulder. “And they call me the romantic.”

Alex blushed at the comment and kiss on his cheek. He’d probably never stop blushing at certain things but that’s okay. It made him happy to have Nate and so he could manage blushing at things he did. Alex chuckled at the comment from Carlos as he looked up ahead. The sun was overhead now, which meant they still had a while to walk. Or they could play a game. “Who wants to play a game?”

Kaleb’s head turned as he listened to Carlos, his head shaking a little as he heard him. “You are a romantic dear.” He commented, before he heard Alex and looked at him. “What game did you have in mind?”

“Oh? Game you say?” Because when was Carlos not in the mood for a game? And also a game when they were horribly bored because of the nothing around them? Sure. “I’d say I Spy but there’s nothing around to spy. We could do the one where you guess the word? Like charades but for words. Or moving charades? Hmmm. Or the guess the object game by asking like twenty questions? That one is hard.” Nate was mostly amused by the sheer volume of games Carlos knew. “How do you know so much?” He asked. He never had a time to play all of them. Carlos shrugged. “Denver was boring until I found my gorgeous man here.”

Alex took in the games that Carlos suggested but shook his head at each one. Hmm. This was a game he wouldn’t have done if they hadn’t filled up their water. Alex jogged up so he was beside Carlos. “Those were great suggestions but I have a better one.” He mentioned, a smile on his face as he thought about what he wanted to do. Then he tapped Carlos’ arm and jogged away, keeping their straight line. “Tag! You’re it!”

Carlos blinked a moment before his mind really processed what was happening. “You did not just tag me!” That meant this was war. He slid away from Kaleb a moment, and while Nate was still staring after Alex, he quickly swiped at his arm. Nate stared back at him like he was shocked by this revelation. Carlos had stopped walking so that now there was a good bit of distance between them. Nate considered his options here and then smiled. Fine. And he shot forward, using those leg muscles to run after Alex. Could he go for Kaleb and Carlos who were closer? Yes. But Alex seemed way more fun. He just needed to reach out and touch him. This was going to be a test of who was faster.

Alex heard Carlos’ comment and looked back only to see him tag Nate. And then Nate was running after him. Alex laughed, and ran faster. He shifted to the side and then back the other way. He certainly wasn’t going to make this easy on his partner. But he could only dodge for so long before he would get tagged.

Nate was determined to get Alex for no other reason than Alex was his and he felt like it would be fitting. “No!” He called with a laugh as Alex turned to the side. He would have to think this through logically. He ignored Carlos’ many comments and cheers and ran after Alex again, last minute juking to the side and hoping that caught him off guard enough to reach out and grab him.

Alex wasn’t expecting Nate to dash to the side, and he tried hard to dodge it, but he felt Nate grab him. Alex slid to a stop at that and smiled at Nate. “You got me. Now.. who should I go after.” Alex turned to look at Kaleb and Carlos. He grinned and ran towards Kaleb, who twisted away and ran ahead. “Don’t you do it Handsome.” He warned as Alex ran after him.

“Do it, Handsome, do it!” came the cheers from behind as Carlos started and Nate joined in. They jogged for a moment before walking after them. This was a great idea. Alex was so good at this. Nate jogged ahead so he could be closer to the action. Carlos knew that once Alex got Kaleb, Kaleb had to go after someone. So he stayed towards the back yelling and jumping.

Alex laughed as he ran after Kaleb, hearing the cheers. He reached a hand out and his fingers finally touched Kaleb’s shoulder. “Haha!” Alex laughed as he slid to a stop. Kaleb chuckled, turning his gaze onto Carlos behind him. “Babe. I’d run if I were you.” Kaleb said, turning and running towards Carlos.

Carlos knew it. He knew it was going to be him. He knew it, and he was already skirting around Nate to use him as a shield. “Gotta catch me first, gorgeous.” He winked towards Kaleb and ran with all his strength pushed into his legs. He was not their speediest. He was probably their slowest in the group, but he was determined. And he fought dirty. He frequently ran around other people to put them between him and Kaleb. But there was no way he could keep this up.

Kaleb chuckled as he watched Carlos put Nate in between them like a shield. “Oh don’t you worry my love, I’ll catch you.” He said with a smile, darting around Nate, around Alex, eyes on Carlos. He was going to get him, even as he avoided the other two. Kaleb slowed for a second, watching Carlos and went to go one way and instead went the other in hopes of grabbing him.

Carlos realized too late what Kaleb was doing and inevitably got caught. “My love! Why have you forsaken me?” He sighed dramatically as he looked at the rest. Nate had already started running. “But what is this? One runs from me? I’ve never let anyone get away.” And the chase was on. Nate was significantly faster and more agile. He alluded him frequently. This was never going to work. At one point Carlos paused, hands on hips, breathing heavily. “I feel that the universe is telling me something. And it’s that Alex is it.” He slipped behind him and tapped his shoulder.

Kaleb laughed as he 'caught' Carlos, a smile on his face. "Because it's my job love." He replied, watching as Nate took off. The difference between the two was a lot more obvious at the moment. Nate was much faster and evaded Carlos frequently which made Kaleb chuckle. When Carlos stopped, Alex had been walking along, watching the two when he heard Carlos but before he could run, he was tagged. "Hey!" Alex laughed, but he picked up where Carlos left off and ran after Nate with a smile.

“No! Carlos!” Nate whined as he dashed away. “Alex is fast! I can’t get away from him!” Nate was fast, but he was not sure he was faster than Alex. Actually, he was pretty sure Alex could definitely get him, especially when Nate was so easily distracted by him moving. Any time Nate looked back, a part of him just wanted to watch Alex move. That was not helpful when he was running for his life. “Sorry not sorry, little Medicine Man!” Nate groaned and ran as fast as his little legs could take him.

Alex grinned, taking off after Nate. "I'm going to get you love, you can't run faster than me." Alex told him as he kept going. He knew that he could get Nate. He was so close, reaching out to touch him, breathing hard as he pushed himself. He was determined to get his partner, and he was going to get him. He was so close, fingers almost brushing his shirt.

Nate tried, and he put up a valiant fight, but in the end, Alex got him. He tried to slip out of the way, but Alex was just too fast. Nate knew when the end was coming. He knew there was no getting out of this. As Alex brushed his arm, Nate whipped around and grabbed him, pulling him into a messy hug. “Fine! Then I get to have you.”

Alex smirked as he brushed Nate's arm although he wasn't expecting for Nate to whip around and grab him. Alex chuckled at the hug, smiling at Nate. "You always get to have me. But does this mean we're both it? Because we have two others we can catch." Alex said, looking at Nate with a gleam in his eyes as he glanced at Kaleb and Carlos. Kaleb saw that look and started shifting away from the two with a wary gaze in his eyes.

Nate stared at Alex a moment before smiling. “Oh, I think it does.” Still in the hug, he eyed the other two. Carlos was already shaking his head. “My love,” he addressed Kaleb as he stepped back. “Who gave the two fast and nimble ones permission to team up against us?” Nate stifled a laugh before asking, “which one do you want, beautiful?”

Alex chuckled at that with a grin on his own face. He saw Carlos shaking his head and couldn't help the smile that stayed on his face. Kaleb glanced at Carlos and shrugged a little. "I don't know but I'm starting to think it was a bad idea." Kaleb replied, stepping back himself. Alex looked at Nate when he asked him and chuckled. "I think I'll pick Carlos."

The shaking of Carlos’ head got about a thousand times faster. “Now that’s just unfair. I’m the slowest and he’s the fastest. Nate, how could you do this to me?” Nate smiled mischievously. “You did it to me, remember?” And then he was off running towards Kaleb. Carlos was already running the complete other direction. If he was going to run from Alex, he was going to need a strategy and he had none.

Alex grinned, taking off after Carlos with a laugh. "You know you aren't going to get away from me that easily." Alex told him, swinging wide so that he could possibly cut off Carlos. Kaleb on the other hand was trying to run and dodge Nate at the same time, moving side to side hopefully to avoid him, but he wasn't going to be able to keep up the pace for long.

“I can try, Handsome!” Carlos immediately swiveled 180 degrees to run the other direction. He was hoping that this could buy him enough time to get back to the other two and use them as shields again. It was his best tactic. Nate on the other hand was aware of Kaleb’s military moving target and was trying to time out his zigzag pattern to lunge into it and tag him.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back