• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Tale of Two Survivors { The Last of Us 1x1 with icedthemoon }

Alexander Brennan and Kaleb Price
Former Seraphite, Former FEDRA officer | 19, 27 | Current location ;; Montana

Alex did admit that Kaleb’s hair looked better clean but no one drew his attention like the man currently holding him. His head turned to look at Nate with that comment. “Oh good. I don’t think I could handle jealous you again.” Alex chuckled before turning to look at Carlos. “We should get moving, as much as I don’t want to. We can refill our water and maybe get rid of some beans and take the fresh food.”

Kaleb blushed and chuckled at Carlos’ hand running through his hair. He shook his head with a small sigh. “I don’t listen to him. And Alex has a point. Let’s refill, pack up the good stuff and get moving towards our farmhouse.”

Nathaniel Matthews and Carlos Price
Former Firefly, Aspiring Artist | 21, 25 | Current location ;; Montana

Nate kissed Alex’s cheek before patting his side. “No beans!” He declared. “I am enacting the strict no bean policy and will only allow an amendment if we absolutely run out of other food.” He pulled himself and Alex off of the couch. “Now, let’s go get ready to find forever.” With his hand attached to Alex’s he made his way towards their abandoned packs to begin the food change.

Carlos bounded after them with a full heart ready to agree. He and Kaleb may not have been so against beans, but he had to admit that just about everything else was better than them. He too moved to the kitchen with the intent of moving as much of the food from the kitchen to the dining room so that they could all see their options.

Alex smiled at the kiss on his cheek, a light red on them, and he chuckled at Nate's declaration. He felt the pat on his side at the same time, and nodded along. "I am in complete agreement on this no beans policy." Alex said, letting himself be pulled off the couch, moving beside Nate towards their abandoned packs. Alex grabbed his pack once they got to them and then Alex led the way to the dining room. "Oh, Nate. We should grab some forks for spaghetti." He commented.

Kaleb followed the others, snagged his pack and walked into the dining room. He walked into the kitchen and helped Carlos move all the food they could find into the dining room. Many cans of pickles, green beans, carrots and other fresh foods were soon settled on the wooden table. "I think we can leave all the beans with this much fresh food."

As Nate was swapping out the foods in the packs, he nodded. “You are so right. Forks are a brilliant idea.” He looked up and called to the two moving back and forth, “can you guys grab some of the forks? Spoons are not enough for spaghetti,” he laughed.

“Got it!” Carlos called back as he swooped around Kaleb to open up drawers and cabinets to take some of the more luxurious items. “Forks incoming.” He grabbed a handful, and placed them on the table. “If only we had room to take some of these other things. Like the plates and cups. But they’ll likely get broken the way we all love to fall so much.”

Nate snorted out a laugh. “That’s very true. Once we find that farmhouse, we can go on a quest to find you some fancy dishware. As they finished swapping out the foods, leaving all those boring beans behind in the table, he turned to Alex. “Let’s go refill our waters? I can take everyone else’s too if you guys want to swap out your foods?”

Alex smiled as he pulled out all the food in his pack, keeping everything but the beans and refilled it with as much of the fresh food as he could. Alex's attention turned to Carlos when he heard him. "We do tend to fall a lot." Alex commented with a smile. Once he filled his pack, he grabbed the two bottles he had for water and looked over at Nate. "Sounds good. I can help you fill their waters too." Alex said.

Kaleb pulled his bottles out and handed them to Alex as he came into the dining room. "I'd appreciate so I can swap out my foods." He said as he started pulling out the cans of beans and replacing them with the fresh food. As much as he loved the night here, the promise of the farmhouse was getting close and it was time to move on to find it.

Nate took whatever bottles that Alex couldn’t carry and moved back into the kitchen to begin filling the waters. Between the four of them, they really did have a lot of bottles. It would have been nice to find new ones but that was a luxury that was lacking here. Apparently when this place was abandoned, they took those with them. Or they didn’t have any. Once he finished with the ones he had, he gestured for Alex’s. “Want to start putting these back while I finish with the rest?” The assembly line was beautiful. He had not worked so well with a team in a long time.

Carlos also swapped out his foods, and taking the cans of lackluster beans into the kitchen to put away where they found the rest of the food. “For the next people who come across this magical place. It may not be great, but it’s something. We can put any we can’t fit back in here too as a treat.” Oh! He ran into the living room to grab his journal he abandoned down there the night before. He swooped back into the dining room and tried to find a place to put it but… “so I don’t seem to have room. Okay wait. Let’s do some crafting.” He pulled out all the supplies and started making as many health salves, Molotovs, various bombs, and anything else to clear up some space. And also to be ready for whatever was to come.

Alex followed Nate into the kitchen and unfortunately the ones they did have weren't in the best shape but they held water and didn't leak. That was the important thing. Alex set his empty bottles on the counter. He took the filled ones from Nate and nodded. "I can do that love." He said, kissing his cheek and taking the filled waters out to the dining room. He noticed that Carlos was crafting as he came out. He set Kaleb's bottles by him and then walked over to his and packed the waters. Alex closed up his pack and looked over at the other two.

Kaleb took the filled waters from Alex and smiled, packing those up in his bag as well. He was running out of room and crafted some things as well, including a silencer for his pistol and also made sure both his pistol and shotgun were loaded. He nodded at everything and sighed. "Looks like we're ready for anything."

Nate worked to finish filling the rest of the bottles before he too moved back into the dining room with everything precariously shoved into his arms. Once he reached the table, they all but fell onto the tables. He cringed at his own fumbling and laughed with a hand behind his neck. “Oops. Sorry guys. Oh, what’s going on? Are we going into battle?”

Carlos shrugged. “You never know, sweet little Medicine Man. We are inevitably going to come across enemies, so we should always be prepared.” He tossed an explosive into the air and caught it. Nate cringed, again, but this time out of fear for their safety. Carlos shoved it into his pack and tossed that over his shoulders.

Alex caught the fumbling and moved over to help him with the bottles. "It was more because Carlos didn't have enough room in his pack for his journal and had to craft some stuff to make more room." Alex laughed as he swung his pack over his back. He saw Carlos toss an explosive and rolled his eyes as he caught it and packed it in his pack. "Are we all ready to go?"

Kaleb laughed hearing the comments from all three of his family. This was perfect to him as he finished packing his bag up and tossed it over his shoulders. "I think we are, time to continue onto our farmhouse?" Kaleb asked, looking around at them with a smile on his face.

Nate laughed and nodded, because Alex’s explanation sounded far more likely than Carlos deciding that they were war-hardened individuals who were looking for the next fight. Sure, they all knew their way around combat, but none of them seemed to be the kind of people who were looking for it.

As Nate put his pack on, Carlos threw his arms around both Kaleb’s and Alex’s shoulders. “Oh, am I ever!” He pulled his two favorite people close to him. “I have been wanting this kind of forever since… one of you mentioned it like several days ago. But I knew we were looking for something like this, my sweet! Something beautiful!” He pulled them into a group hug, because he was the most emotional always, and eyed Nate. “You too, shy one. I refuse to allow anyone to move until this happens.” Nate complied, because okay he also liked hugs.

Alex laughed as he felt Carlos' arm around his shoulder and pulled close to him. "And we can't wait to share it with you." He said with a grin, as he looked over at Nate who did come over for the group hug. This was what Alex had been missing for years, this closeness and family. This love and happiness. "We keep hugging, we aren't getting out of here anytime soon" Alex teased even as he stayed in the hug.

Kaleb felt Carlos pull him close, arm over his shoulder and even Nate joined in the group hug. Kaleb loved this group hug and he all but melted into it, though he did register hearing Alex. "As much as I don't want move from this, Handsome is right." Kaleb replied with a small smile on his own face as he stood there in the hug.

“Must you guys always ruin the good time?” Carlos whined as he kept his people as close as possible. Still. Always. No one loved their people like he did.

Nate was the first to pull away. “Okay, come on family reunion. We have places to be.”

Carlos groaned but dropped his arms. “Fine, but when we find this place, none of you can escape this.” He huffed as he threw up his hands before moving quickly through the house. “Onward!” He proclaimed as he reached the door and held it open for the rest.

Alex and Kaleb both laughed at Carlos' whine, even as he kept them close. Alex pulled away after Nate, moving beside him and taking his hand. "We can group hug all you want at the farmhouse." Alex told Carlos as he watched him move towards the door after he huffed. Alex chuckled, and followed after him, still holding Nate's hand.

Kaleb rolled his eyes playfully as he followed Carlos, stepping outside and looking around out of habit. It was clear and he waited outside for the others. There was no use in searching the rest of the houses, since their packs were all full so it was onward to Washington and whatever they'd encounter along the way.

Carlos shut the door tight as soon as everyone was out and on the roads. He was not at all shocked that his military minded beauty could not help but search the area before they moved. There was nothing here, but Kaleb would always make sure they were safe. That was one of the boundless reasons Carlos loved him. “Lovebirds,” he called to Nate and Alex as they walked hand in hand. “Do you have any idea where this farmhouse is supposed to be? I mean other than we hope in Washington.”

Nate shook his head as they moved. “Not at all. I don’t even know what’s in Washington other than some people who might know my old people and Alex’s old people that we would like to avoid.” He narrowed his eyes, a thought occurring to him then. “Kaleb, I don’t want you to be uncomfortable if we’re looking for Fireflies. But I promise that the ones I’m trying to find aren’t the um… the crazy ones.” He bit his bottom lip as he looked away. “I never like the radicals’ actions either.”

Kaleb looked over at Carlos with a smile but his attention was drawn to Nate when he heard him talking about who they were going to find. "I've gotten over my hatred of the Fireflies. I learned through our travels that not everyone was the same. Which was why I wasn't as angry when I found out you were one, er are one?" He said, walking up beside Nate with a smile. It had taken a lot, but Kaleb had realized that things were not so black and white as he traveled with Carlos. "I figured you didn't like the radical ones either, it's not you."

Alex listened to Kaleb and to Nate. He did not want to meet people from his group again, and hoped that he wouldn't when they made it. He squeezed Nate's hand as he heard him and looked at Kaleb. This was good, talking about where they were going and being respectful about it. Peaceful talking.

Was he a Firefly? That was an interesting question no one ever really asked him. He used to be a Firefly. There weren’t any left after they were disbanded when that guy killed everyone. Everyone including Nate’s mother. And many of the people he knew. Many people he missed. His family. But that was years ago. He and his brothers traveled a lot without being Fireflies. Did he want to be one again? Was that what he was searching for? Because as he looked around him, he saw his family, and they weren’t Fireflies. He saw what they were chasing, and they weren’t the Firefly ideals. “Um. I uh. I don’t think I am a Firefly.” He leaned into that hand attached to him. “But I know there are people out there who believed the way I did. The way we do. They want peace.” This was easier now that he actually admitted it. It felt right. “That’s who I’m looking for. People like us.”

Kaleb looked at Nate when he heard that. "Oh." He said at first before he nodded. "I can totally understand that. I may not have left the QZ for a different type of people, but that sounds like a good plan. Find peace, find people that want it." Kaleb said with a chuckle. Kaleb rubbed the back of his neck as they walked. Eventually they came to the edge of the city and it would be about two days walk to the next city at the border of the two states. Alex looked back behind them, and then forward. He had a sinking feeling they should've stayed in the town but he didn't know why. So he shook it off and kept going.

Nate let the conversation calmly disappear after that. There wasn’t a whole lot else for him to say, especially since this realization was new. The question was who he was then. If he wasn’t a Firefly, then who was he? That was not something he was ready to answer. That was not something he thought he could answer, at least not yet. Instead, he walked quietly beside Alex, focusing on him instead. Grounded in him. He was once again happy to have Alex’s hand in his.

“Mmm, this is the part where we’re walking into no man’s land again,” Carlos commented as they crossed the border of the tiny town. “Back to being on the lookout.” He playfully eyed Alex and Nate. “Don’t be too distracted with each other you two.” He smiled and winked as he looked back the way they were headed.

Kaleb could tell the conversation was over, and so he moved to walk beside Carlos, snagging his hand with a smile. He looked out at the expanse of barren land and sighed heavily. "Here we go into the unknown again." He said, naturally looking around the landscape as they walked. He let out a quiet chuckle at Carlos' words to the other two.

Alex enjoyed the quiet as they walked, though he looked at Carlos and blushed a little at the wink. "Why do you think we brought you two along? You are our lookouts so we can be distracted by each other." Alex teased Carlos as he walked.

Nate rolled his eyes. “You sure it’s us we have to be worried about?” When Carlos looked back at him, Nate’s gaze pointedly moved to Carlos’ and Kaleb’s clasped hands. And also just at Carlos, because he may not have been paying attention, but Nate was. “Don’t pretend like you weren’t just staring at him like he’s the second coming.” When Carlos cocked an eyebrow at him, he explained, “like he’s literally the best thing in the entire world.”

Carlos almost blushed. Almost. He wasn’t an easy blusher unlike his medicinal companion. He had not been paying attention to how he was looking, but he was sure that was accurate. How anyone ever thought there was anyone else for him he would never understand. He squeezed Kaleb’s hand and swung it as he looked out at the expansive unknown. “Yeah, okay. You’re right. You look out at the unknown and we’ll get distracted.” He drew in close to kiss Kaleb’s cheek. “You hear that, Babe? You’re not allowed to have your great perception anymore.”

Alex chuckled at that comment. He'd seen how Carlos was looking at Kaleb, it was so similar as to how Alex looked at Nate. Like he was the only thing in the world. Well, he was the only thing in Alex's world anyway. He, just like Kaleb, would be looking both around them for danger and at their person. It was easier when they were walking, because he had to watch were he was walking.

Kaleb felt the squeeze on his hand and looked over at Carlos with a smile as he swung their hands. He could be distracted and look out at the same time, he'd been doing it for the last two years. He felt the kiss on his cheek and smiled wider. "Oh how will we ever make it to our farmhouse now without my great perception?"

“We don’t need it,” Carlos answered. “Handsome and Medicine Man have it covered. They promise not to be at all distracted by each other and to only pay attention to this horribly boring expanse of land.” He swung their arms playfully as they moved. He also kept an eye out to sweep across the land in case there was in fact something to see. Nate stifled a laugh but could not stop from rolling his eyes. It was in the best way though. They brought the entertainment for sure. That was what they were going to need in this long, boring walk.

Alex rolled his eyes playfully as he heard Carlos and chuckled a little bit. "Of course, you two get lost in each other and we'll keep any eye out for anything that could come after us." He said teasingly. He did look around the barren landscape and let out a rather bored sigh. This was going to be the longest day ever. Kaleb nodded as he felt their arms swing. "Is that so? Well, how thoughtful of them." Kaleb answered with a small soft chuckle. He wasn't looking forward to this long boring walk himself.

The walk was admittedly very boring even if they were all together. They could talk about plenty of things probably, but they also needed to be paying attention. However, it was a large expanse of a whole lot of nothing, so they would surely notice any problems if they happened across them. So that would mean that they could do at least a little to entertain themselves. “Yeah, no that’s not fair,” Nate replied. “You get to pay attention too. Don’t you look at me like that, big guy. If I have to pay attention, so do you. But. Okay. Question time. It’s like truth or truth but probably less super personal and intimate like some of your questions get. What’s your favorite part of the old world? What is the coolest thing you’ve come across of all these things you’ve found in your travels?” He squeezed Alex’s hand. “You may not have been out here long but you've probably got a favorite so far, right?”

Alex chuckled quietly hearing Nate say that it wasn't fair. His eyes remained looking ahead of them, staring at that vast expanse of land. It was hot, it was boring, and he was looking forward to maybe finding a small swath of forest to spend the night in, or even a cave. Somewhere not so open. Alex looked over at Nate when he spoke again and thought for a moment. Did he have a favorite old world thing or cool thing? Alex hummed for a moment quietly. "I think my favorite old world would have to be ravioli." Alex said with a smile. He wasn't lying, those were his favorite and he hadn't been around as much as the others had. Kaleb laughed lightly at Alex's answer as he thought of his own. "Books." Kaleb admitted, looking at the others. "I used to read all the time. What about you two?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back