• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Tale of Two Survivors { The Last of Us 1x1 with icedthemoon }

Nathaniel Matthews and Carlos Price
Former Firefly, Aspiring Artist | 21, 25 | Current location ;; Montana

By the time that Kaleb opened that door, Carlos and Nate were giggling about a bunch of things, Carlos’ sketch was complete and he was working on a bigger and more detailed version on a new page, and Nate was watching, and giving his opinions, from a comfortable spot next to him. He sat on the couch with both legs up and leaned against Carlos. Together but not too together. He looked towards the two with a smile. “Have fun?” He asked.

Carlos grinned at his love before tossing the pencil down and standing up. “Love, you better not have worn him down too much. I have been waiting for this.” He turned back to Nate. “Let me see what you have to work with, shall I?” He chuckled and all but skipped to the closet. When he got there, he leaned against the doorframe, one hand on the frame and one on his hip. “Well aren’t you the most scrumptious looking man I have ever seen. Mm, I can only imagine.” He smiled and shut the door.

Alexander Brennan and Kaleb Price
Former Seraphite, Former FEDRA officer | 19, 27 | Current location ;; Montana

Kaleb was glad to see that Nate was more comfortable around Carlos. They were giggling and Nate was leaning on him. It was certainly nice to have everyone getting along now. As Kaleb sat down, he looked up at Carlos with a smile. “Don’t worry dear, I didn’t wear him down.”

Alex could hear Nate giggling and it made him happy. He loved that sound. Alex saw Carlos headed towards him and he smiled. And then laughed at his comment, even with the blush on his face. Once that door was shut, he stood face to face Carlos. “So, are you going to prove you’re the best kisser?” He asked.

There were very few people who enticed him like Kaleb. Well, okay, when it boiled down to it, the rest of the world could disappear, and as long as he had Kaleb, Carlos would be okay. He would be sad about the loss of others, especially now that they found people they meshed so well with - even Nate who was touch and go but a nice challenge. But, aside from the fact that Kaleb was his literal everything, few enticed him so much that it could have consumed him. Alex was one of those people. With his strong arms and unendingly adorable innocence. Whenever he came made for beautiful catching up. “Oh yes,” he said before going straight in with the Carlos special. Hands on cheeks first before sliding into his hair with fingers already pulling him tight. Starting off strong meant they had so many fun places they could go.

Nate sat on the edge of the couch, looking at Carlos’ drawing for a moment, thinking about how he might have misjudged everyone again. Or still up to this point. He was learning so much about everyone in just fourteen or so minutes. “So, is this a game you play with everyone you come across?” Not judging just curious.

Alex wasn't sure exactly what would happen, but he definitely didn't object. He felt the hands on his cheeks, sliding up into his hair and Carlos' lips on his. The same way he'd first been kissed. Alex's arms slid up Carlos' shoulders, hooking around his neck and he gave back as well as he could into the kiss. He'd always love Nate's kisses because they had their own love, but he had to admit that Carlos definitely knew how to kiss.

Kaleb looked over at Nate and shook his head. "Me no. But you can see how Carlos is. It was weird at first but after time it was just something that I grew used to. In fact, you're the second person I've ever kissed in my life." Kaleb admitted, leaning forward, elbows on knees.

Seven minutes was not very long to prove that he was in fact the world’s best kisser. That was not actually the challenge, but he believed it. If people were like they were in the Denver QZ, then Carlos for sure won. And if this was how they were in whatever strange place Alex was from, he was definitely going to win again, though they were going to make him awfully tired. He snaked his arms around Alex’s waist then pushed him back against the wall. He slid his hands up Alex’s sides until they were also to his shoulders and moved to the wall to keep him firmly in place. If he had seven minutes, he would need all seven of those minutes. He smiled as he abruptly broke the kiss. “I hope you took a deep breath, Handsome. You’re gonna need it.” He brought one hand to his chin and captured those delicious lips once again.

Nate laughed. “Am I really? You don’t partake in his… um? closet games normally?” That seemed surprising. “Because you-“ he hesitated before bringing a hand to his own lips as he remembered their shared moment. “You didn’t feel like this was new for you. I thought-“ he wasn’t sure what he thought anymore. He looked at the drawing of the four of them. Huh. He just wasn’t sure.

Alex gasped at the arms around his waist, moving backwards with Carlos until his back was against the wall. This was certainly new to him but he didn't exactly mind it. Alex felt the hands slide up his sides, and to his shoulders, before they moved to the wall. His eyes tried to find Carlos' in the dark using the sound of his voice. He was about to respond as he took a breath before a hand was on his chin and he was kissing Carlos again.

Kaleb nodded with his own laugh. "You are. And no. I've not found a person that I wanted to uh partake in the closet games with." He said, before he watched Nate bring a hand to his lips. "Dear Medicine Man, I am with Carlos. Did you really think I've not learned how to kiss well? He's a very very good teacher." Kaleb told him with a smile.

Carlos was a good kisser, because he loved kissing. Because he loved kissing, he kissed a lot of people. His first kiss was a boy named Vani. It was short for Evander. He was ten and Vani was eight. It was probably a terrible kiss, but it was magical at the time. He knew it was what he wanted as early as age seven when he really started thinking about it after seeing others around the QZ. Naturally, he had to try it. And so try it he did. And he never stopped.

If Carlos was meant to prove that he was the best in such a small amount of time, he had to pull out all the works. The gasp was good. The gasp meant he had the element of surprise. He knew that would happen. Just lips could get too tame. He added a little extra. A little tongue here. A little teeth there. Gentle additions in case it was too much for his young and inexperienced companion. He had to control himself. What he could do with Kaleb was far different to what he could do with sweet baby Alex. Handsome needed some more practice before he got there. Or there was always being along for the ride. He could make this one of those instead. It was up to Alex really. Though, as he planned this, he could not help but occasionally wander back to exactly what he would like to not hold back later when they parted to their own rooms. He could not be quelled.

Nate laughed. “I bet he is. He’s a bit… intense for me. I don’t think I could do seven minutes anywhere with him. The stairs were enough?” He leaned his head against the arm of the couch. “I don’t know how you do it. But, I mean, I can see why you might fall in love with him. He certainly is smitten with you. I’ve never seen someone so happily in love. And he’s going around kissing other men!” He chuckled again, amused by the thought.

Alex was both surprised at the extra things, the tongue and the teeth, but he was also learning. Alex imitated exactly what he received, replicating the teeth and the tongue. It was all learning for him. He wanted to surprise Nate and so he tried with Carlos to make sure he did right. Alex was always a hands-on learner, did better with being shown.

Kaleb chuckled at that. "He is very intense. Carlos has always been that way." He said, looking at Nate leaning his head against the arm rest. "Well. If you met Carlos in the QZ you'd see that he hasn't changed at all." Kaleb added with a smile. "I know that Carlos loves kissing people, and I do mean people not just men, and I'm okay with that because I know our love is different than those kisses." Kaleb told Nate, leaning back into the chair..

This was promising. The fact that Carlos could ramp it up and Alex would try to follow along was exciting. He broke apart another moment to breathe, “You are a very quick learner. Your boy is not going to know what hit him.” Carlos tilted Alex’s chin up to kiss below it. “But I think we’re running out of time for more, Handsome. As sad as that is.” He plant a trail of kisses down Alex’s neck before letting his grip on the wall drop to show that maybe he would let Alex go. Maybe. He bit his bottom lip in a smile. “You give Kaleb a run for his money.”

Nate considered that. “That kind of assurance sounds beautiful. But I guess I get it.” His eyes darted towards the closet where not only Carlos was but also Alex. It was a little confusing having spent so much time constantly together and professing a dramatic and intense love just to have that person making out in a closet with someone else. Not too confusing though? He weirdly understood it in a way. Everyone had different talents and skills. If Carlos was happy to share his, who was Nate to deny Alex? He wanted Alex to be happy. And he was perfectly content to let them do them, because at the end of the day, he could feel how much Alex was still his. That must be how Kaleb felt. “I think I’m right there with you.”

Alex smiled as Carlos broke their kiss and he couldn't help but feel like he'd done a good job. "Thanks.." Alex whispered and he couldn't help but like the kiss under his chin. That would be something to try, oh and the trail down his neck be interesting to do. Were their seven minutes already? He couldn't help but wonder when Carlos let his grip on the wall drop. "Oh could I?"

Kaleb nodded as he listened. It was weird to him at first, and he too had found Carlos a little intense at first. "You know, he may enjoy kissing others, but what lets me know our love is different? He left the safety of the zone just because I did. And I tried so hard to talk him out of it too." Kaleb said with a chuckle.

Nate cocked a brow. “He experiences love differently than others it seems.” He thought about that. Someone who enjoyed so many different people but still deeply loved one person. He wondered if that was how Alex was. Was Alex like that? It was probably a good thing he had Carlos then.

They may have been coming to an end of the seven minutes, but Carlos was having a horribly wonderful time. He reached his hands up and pulled at Alex’s cheeks. “Mm hmm,” he hummed as he dragged Alex towards him as he took a step back towards the closed door. “You seem far more eager than him. He was a challenge to get this far.” He took one hand away to reach for the door behind him, still tugging at Alex’s lips. “If only we had more time.” He pushed opened the door behind him, stumbling backwards and yanking Alex with him.

Kaleb nodded to that. “Which is why I came to love him no matter what because I know he loves me.” Kaleb chuckled for a moment. “It’s funny really. I should be the absolute last person he should love, I wasn’t just a normal FEDRA officer if you can believe it.” He said, looking over at Nate.

Alex felt Carlos pull at his cheeks and dragged him towards him. “I’m trying to learn..” Alex whispered. He felt himself yanked backwards as the door was opened, smile on his face.

That was an intriguing statement. Not just a normal officer? What did that mean? As their men came crashing out of the closet, Nate asked, “Who were you before? To be the last person for him to love?”

Carlos wrapped his arms around Alex with a big laugh. “Love!” He called as he moved them closer to the living area. “You didn’t tell me that he was going to make me work for it!” He kissed Alex’s cheek before letting him go and plopping onto the love seat, nestling into Kaleb’s side. “Did you do that on purpose for the game to be even more entertaining?” He rested his head on Kaleb’s chest and hummed a sound of ultimate relaxation.

Last edited:

Kaleb leaned forward, elbows back on knees as he regarded Nate for a moment. "I.. am the son of a FEDRA General. One of the three that were in charge of our QZ. One of the same generals that enforced the rules with an iron fist." He admitted. He didn't like to talk about his father, and he absolutely did not talk about his mother. "So you can imagine why I'd be the last person he should love." He added, before he heard Carlos' voice calling to him. He turned his head as Carlos came over with Alex. "I figured you'd like the surprise my dear." Kaleb told him with a smile, arm wrapping around his shoulders when he rested his head on Kaleb's chest.

Alex let out a smaller laugh at the arms around him. He walked with Carlos to the living room, and smiled at the kiss on his cheek before he was let go. Alex headed over to Nate, sitting down beside him with a smile. He was still very much red faced, though it wasn't nearly as bright as it had been a few minutes ago. "Did you two have fun talking out here?" He asked.

Huh. That was interesting and not at all expected. It was probably a good thing that Nate did not know that fact about Kaleb at the beginning of this relationship. They may not have ever moved past it. “Yeah,” he answered Alex and reached out a hand to take Alex’s. “I learned a lot about our little family.” Son of an officer. And yet someone like Carlos loved him. He brought Alex’s hand to his lips for a soft kiss.

Carlos fell into the touch until he was all but laying on the loveseat and barely not laying in Kaleb’s lap. “I’m sure it was only good things.” He smiled up at Kaleb a moment. Another moment. Lost in him. Then he looked to the rest. “Alright. Rating let’s go!”

Kaleb knew his past was a sore spot for Nate considering he was a former Firefly. He did trust him enough now that to reveal more about himself and that the other wouldn't hate him. He smiled at Carlos laying on the love seat and enjoyed a moment with him. "Okay. If we're going on a rate of Nate to Carlos, I'd place Alex.. between Nate and Carlos, right in the middle."

Alex smiled at the kiss on his hand from Nate when the other had grabbed his hand. Alex looked over at Carlos and thought for a minute. "I think my rating would have to be.. Nate first, then Carlos, then Kaleb." He said with a shy smile and a laugh.

Nate’s head turned to Alex with a curious look. “You don’t mean that.” There was no way he would. No way. He was just saying that to make Nate feel better. Or he was saying that he liked Nate better which he did believe. Like Kaleb knew Carlos loved him unlike anyone else. Nate was pretty sure Alex was his. But there was no way he was number one. “You don’t have to say that. It’s okay if Carlos is the best of us. Probably.” He didn’t have enough experience to really know that for sure. It was enough to know that he was nowhere close to that.

Carlos, from his spot now definitely laying on Kaleb’s lap, rolled and laughed. “Okay, Handsome. I see how it is. I give you all that and little Medicine Man still beats me. Fine. Well, not including myself as the obvious first choice,” he joked, “Kaleb, my love, is top, of course. And not just because I love you with every fiber of my being. Sorry, Handsome. You’re a close second, but you’re just not there yet.” He rolled his head to them. “And that leaves you at the bottom, Medicine Man.”

“That’s fair,” Nate commented. “Okay. Then. Um.” This was not easy, because it just wasn’t his thing. “I know I made the Nate to Carlos scale, but no one makes me forget to breathe like Alex, so I feel like that means he’s number one-“
“Unfair, I didn’t get the chance to do more-“
“And then Carlos taught Kaleb everything he knows, so he’s probably better than you.” He shrugged looking at Kaleb. “Sorry. It was very nice though.”

Alex looked over at Nate and nodded. "I do mean that. Carlos is good, but I enjoy your kisses more, I think they're better." He said. Alex's attention turned to look at Carlos and sighed. "You certainly taught me a lot, but, you can't beat Nate." Alex said with a laugh, and even he had to concede that Kaleb was probably better than him. "I think this rating system is a little biased.. We're all ranking our partners as the top kissers." Alex said with a laugh.

Kaleb looked at Carlos as he listened to the ratings and laughed. He had one arm over his love's chest and the other on the arm of the love seat. "I'm so glad I was the top kisser for you love." He told Carlos before turning to the other two. "Alex.. I thought we had a connection in the closet. And Nate. Is my rating low because of who I am? Or is just because Carlos taught me how to kiss?" He asked with a laugh, tone of voice playful.

Nate had never blushed so much in his whole life. There was something so say about everyone voting for their own partner as the top. Was there a way to be objective with something like that? “Kaleb, I enjoyed your kisses more than Carlos, actually. Don’t look at me like that, big guy. Despite being the general’s kid, you are actually a very sweet guy, and I was not at all expecting that. Very kind to someone like me.” He looked away as he finished. “So I would have voted you as second- I’m getting there Carlos chill- but Carlos kissed me for like three whole seconds and broke me, so he gets to be second.”

Carlos sighed. “I feel as though two of you did not follow the Nate to Carlos scale.” He looked across the room pointedly. “But I’ll allow it since you’re cute and in love.” He pulled himself up so that he was still draped across Kaleb, but he was sitting up and facing him. “But at least I have you.” He pressed a gentle kiss to Kaleb’s cheek.

Kaleb couldn't help but blush a little himself. "I'm glad you think I'm a sweet guy, I've tried hard not to be anything like my father. I'll also concede that even three seconds kissing Carlos can be rather intense so I understand your choice." Kaleb told him, then he looked at Carlos who'd sat up, still in his lap. "You'll always have me." He said, smiling at the kiss on his cheek.

Alex laughed as he heard Carlos say they hadn't used the scale at all. "I just couldn't put my favorite kisser last" Alex said, turning to look at Nate and kissed his cheek gently, before looking over at the other two again.

Nate leaned into Alex, resting his head on his shoulder. “See that’s just crazy.” He could not believe that he could be Alex’s favorite. Even considering this whole love thing, there’s no way even subjectively he could be better. “Okay, what are we doing now that we’re getting all sappy?” He pulled that hand of Alex’s that he still had to his cheek for him to nestle into.

Carlos stared at Kaleb, absolutely lost again, for a good five to ten seconds before pulling himself back out to the answer the question. “Hm. What do you think, Handsome? I believe this was your sleepover party, right?”

Alex shifted the hand real quick that Nate had so he could throw an arm over his shoulders when Nate rested his head on his shoulder. "How is that crazy?" He said with a smile. He felt his other hand be brought up to nestle against Nate's cheek. "Hmm. How about another game? Did I hear about one called Charades?" He asked.

Kaleb laughed as Carlos stared at him for a few seconds before he turned around to ask Alex what else he wanted to do. Charades? Haven't done that one before. It would certainly be entertaining.

Nate shifted his head so that he could look up at Alex better. “Charades?” He nodded. “I love that one. Max and Ben used to play that with me all the time.” He squeezed the hand that he held captive against his cheek. “Guessing objects and phrases is always entertaining.”

Carlos readjusted so that he was just flat out sitting in Kaleb’s lap now, swinging one around his shoulders as he looked to the other two. “Mm right yes you mentioned that one. The one where we act out whatever word and try to guess it? I think we played similar things back in Denver. That could be exciting.”

Alex nodded with a smile. “It does sound entertaining. Uh who wants to go first?” He asked. Alex wasn’t sure exactly how to play the game but he wasn’t quite ready for their sleepover to end just yet. It was nice being in a town like this. Quiet, peaceful.

Kaleb simply adjusted his arms as Carlos shifted to sitting in his lap. He looked at Alex, then at Carlos. Then over at Nate. “Did we want to do it solo or in pairs?”

Nate thought about that. “I would normally say pairs, but it’s so much more fun when anyone can guess what someone is doing. So solo?” That way everyone can always participate and there was a likelier chance that someone would see the actor’s vision.

Carlos raised an eyebrow. “Are there any stakes here? Winners and losers? Predetermined words or making it up as we go? So many questions when it comes to games. My vote is two different winning categories. One who guesses correctly the most and one who is good at acting out their charades?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back