• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Just to let our new players know, I plan on having you together already as a team, so if you want to coordinate your background stories, feel free to do so

Probably not, but it is possible.
Unless they are either somehow connected with Atlantis and the Splugorth or with Dreamy's Ninja masters, I don't see how she would know them.

But knowing of at least one of them is a different matter - a Chiang-Ku dragon. Dreamy speaks Dragonese, has Lore: Demons & Monsters, Mythology, as well as the training of being a Ninja Undead Hunter. Plus, she's lived in Atlantis for... well... longer than anyone has a right to. Chiang-Ku dragons might be rare, but like kappa, ki-rin, or dozens of other Asian creatures (yokai?), I'd be surprised if she didn't know about them. But then again, that's not my call.

Same goes for werewolves, especially given Dreamy's O.C.C. and Skills.

But a character with a Russian O.C.C. with an as-yet unknown race? Only by pure chance, I'd imagine at this stage.

I found a few I like but most of them don't allow my OCC.
Not my game, but I'd say that's up to Psychie, not the books. If I went only with what Blind Warrior Women are "supposed" to go with, I have no idea whatsoever if Undead Hunter would be in the list.

Ask her?

Mirgris Mirgris what do you have in mind?
Well, some of the mechanics of the "Mystic Kuznya" (world book 18) are a bit odd so figuring out what works with it is trickey.

So far, I've liked 3 quite a lot but each has some issue.

1) Bayou Ursine:
Bear person and Russian blacksmith wizard is just a really cool thematic thing. However the races main trick is they get a LOT of SDC, and the way the class works you don't roll for SDC without that I think they are actually maybe worse than human (Depending on the dice rolls) So losing the fact that they are a low MDC creature means losing what was their real strength as a race.

2) Demon Dragon-Mage:
Exact opposite problem, they are STRONK, magic spells, great stats regeneration, etc etc. I really like that they are very rarely good and are assumed to be evil. There is a lot of VERY juicy RP potential especially within this party for someone judge for what they are when they are trying to be good. A question of nature and nurture, and good VS evil. It's really cool in a couple ways.

3) Feni Nomad:
Really cool deer person with a kind of weak beserk mode they can activate to defend others. They also dislike machinery and technology which actually fits perfectly since the class is a black smith that makes things MDC magically to keep up without that technology. So lots of cool relationship between the class and race. It is by default not allowed to be a mage though.

I'm still looking though.

Xinyi will not immediately reveal their dragon nature to anyone , so they will come off as some sort of odd human with very little gear (and no armor).

If someone does a read aura or some sort of identifying means though they would see their true nature.

So a Chiang-Ku dragon Ley Line Walker, a werewolf, and a Mastadonoid Mystic Kuznya are on a team together...Xinyi is pretty flexible, they can ride a ley line or a dimensional portalor rift and show up almost anywhere.

Xinyi is very, very likeable though...high MA....so its possible they befriended the other two...and Xinyi drug the other two along for the ride. ^_^

Would you mind rolling for me Psychie Psychie
It's a lot of dice, but I don't trust my rolls.

Racial Rolls:

IQ: 1d6+6
ME: 2d6+6
MA: 2d6+3
PS: 3d6+26
PP: 2d6+6
PE: 2d6+6
PB: 1d6+1
SPD: 2d6+6

MDC: 2d4 (X) 10
MDC: 9d6
PPE Bonus: 6d6

Class Rolls:
MA: 1d4
ME: 1d4
PS: 1d6+12

MDC: 6d6
PPE: 1D4x10+25
PPE: 3d6+5

I just want to point out that the M.D.C., I.S.P. and P.P.E. from different R.C.C. and O.C.C. bonuses haven't stacked in this game.

Attributes are usually taken from one of the other (with minor bonuses being allowed 1d4 to an Attribute, but not a starting P.S. of 4d6+38. That's not a typo. See above).

Psychie has typically gone with a higher of the two, not both.

I am just pointing this out because our older characters were not made this way.

Last edited:
I just want to point out that the M.D.C., I.S.P. and P.P.E. from different R.C.C. and O.C.C. bonuses haven't stacked in this game.

Attributes are usually taken from one of the other (with minor bonuses being allowed 1d4 to an Attribute, but not a starting P.S. of 3d6+38. That's not a typo. See above).

Actually in this case they do.

The PPE is explicitly an increase to the class amount from the race.
The Strength is explicitly an increase to your racial strength from the class.

So yeah unless psychic has a problem with it, I won't have good spell Casting (They mainly use it as a battery for crafting) but I'll have good MDC and a crazy high strength.

It's a kind of simple brute, but given the other classes and such I don't think it's actually more powerful over all.
Also it's 4d6 plus 38.

Like yeah he hits hard but he is forbidden from using anything high tech and only ever gets spell Casting up to third level. So I really don't think it should be an issue.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-06-07 Rifts- World Book 30 D-Bees of North America pdf.png
    Screenshot_2024-06-07 Rifts- World Book 30 D-Bees of North America pdf.png
    14.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    12.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Also for what it's worth the cyberknight has 40 PS, so I'll be a bit stronger (Literally strength) but I'm pretty sure with all the cyberknight bonuses, magic tattoos and stuff, they would easily out fight me, I just would a bit harder. A kind of slow big punch throwing guy compared to the actually expert combatant with a strength score in the same ball park.

Also for what it's worth the cyberknight has 40 PS, so I'll be a bit stronger (Literally strength) but I'm pretty sure with all the cyberknight bonuses, magic tattoos and stuff, they would easily out fight me, I just would a bit harder. A kind of slow big punch throwing guy compared to the actually expert combatant with a strength score in the same ball park.
That's fine by me. If the combination you're choosing explicitly states the exception, then terrific! =) That's not what concerns me here.

I'm cautious here because we have two players who appear to be new to Palladium class-mixing here. I think mixing R.C.C.s with O.C.C.s is tricky even with experienced players like us. I think it's easy to miss something in the math.

Just yesterday, I spotted something in this subject that might have wound up being a problem down the road. I'm just trying to be of help here instead of later on when nixing problems like these is more likely to get in the way of our fun. =)

That's fine by me. If the combination you're choosing explicitly states the exception, then terrific! =) That's not what concerns me here.

I'm cautious here because we have two players who appear to be new to Palladium class-mixing here. I think mixing R.C.C.s with O.C.C.s is tricky even with experienced players like us. I think it's easy to miss something in the math.

Just yesterday, I spotted something in this subject that might have wound up being a problem down the road. I'm just trying to be of help here instead of later on when nixing problems like these is more likely to get in the way of our fun. =)

Oh no worries, the MDC this is weird and I will have to talk to Psychie about because it's a class feature that their skin turns metal and they get 3 MDC per PE, but I think the per level will use the race if she is okay with that.

Oh, I bet the end result of your character will be great!

I should also note that Psychie has been terrific at allowing me to play just the kind of characters I like to play. I'm enthusiastic to play in her games!

My experiences in these games makes me want to be certain that all of us are on the same page.

I have nerfed Dreamy. When I discovered it, I informed Psychie that Blind Warrior Women/Altaran have a fixed eight (8) actions per Round. That's a lot! Too many for Psychie's game, we agreed. So now she has 6. Plus everything else she has? That's plenty!

Why do this? Because I want the Dreamy that fits in her game. =) And I'd like everybody here to play characters they are equally enthusiastic about. =)

But that requires understanding. =)

Oh no worries, the MDC this is weird and I will have to talk to Psychie about because it's a class feature that their skin turns metal and they get 3 MDC per PE, but I think the per level will use the race if she is okay with that.
Is it the transformation temporary or is it permanent?

If it's temporary, we will have to look out for your character sometimes (which os no biggie; I just don't want your character getting wasted).

Is it the transformation temporary or is it permanent?

If it's temporary, we will have to look out for your character sometimes (which os no biggie; I just don't want your character getting wasted).
Permanent. They become metal and super strong. Kind of a coleuses super hero package. They rely on making their own MDC gear for survival though. 3 Per PE isn't a lot compared to what MDC weapons can do.

Permanent. They become metal and super strong. Kind of a coleuses super hero package. They rely on making their own MDC gear for survival though. 3 Per PE isn't a lot compared to what MDC weapons can do.
Maybe not, but as our Game Master might say, it adds up. =)

The least-armored person in our party appears to have 200 Mega-damage while the greatest is around 356. I imagine your character will fall somewhere in between? Who knows?

Maybe not, but as our Game Master might say, it adds up. =)

The least-armored person in our party appears to have 200 Mega-damage while the greatest is around 356. I imagine your character will fall somewhere in between? Who knows?

The armor he can make maxes at 400 IIRC, I'm away from the desk.

My thinking is that he will be kind of a tank, big elephant man made of metal, can take a hit and hit back like a truck but won't have the same degree of bonuses, tricks, and attacks as other people.

Small number of spells
and can make some gear for other people, already making a list of who gets what when he gets a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back