• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Necras, Legacy of Fenrar, Ch. 1

Purple?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Could you use the word in a sentence?

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
"Well, why are you visiting here?" Daemon asked. "I assumed that you were a native of this town. But, I suppose looks are deceiving, Miss Elf."

"I was posted here, to serve as a knight. My people are, as I am sure you are aware, natural protectors. I heard about the Tauren issue, and, well, I believe I must make a home here now," she said, solemn in her tone.

"The Tauren issue?" Daemon inquired. "I apologize, as I said, I am just a bard; a bard who has not been in a town in several days at that. Could you elaborate on this issue?"

Nari looked at him, perplexed, but was eager to answer his question. "The Tauren are a race of beasts, they are known to shift form to damage their 'prey' if you will. As you can tell by the severity of my...injuries...they are aggressive and hideously powerful. I am afraid that is all I know,". She looked down to the floor, clutching her side.

"I apologize again." Daemon replied. "I am aware of what a Tauren is, but my question was when it grew to the point of being an actual issue, to a degree that an elf was sent here. But, you really should at least sit."

For the first time, she agreed, "Come with me, to the inn. I can sit there,". Nari turned and staggered to the door of the inn, holding it open for Daemon.

"I am afraid I cannot. Even I am not too sure of why I was sent here. All I know is I must protect this village, no matter the issue," Nari said, again attempting to prove her strength to him.

Daemon narrowed his eyes at Nari. "How many Tauren were you facing at the time? What did they look like? Did anything about them seem off to you?"

"Only one, but this Tauren was stronger, different to the ones we hunted around the Temple, I wouldn't have let it go so easy...if it hadn't been for its speed in shifting its form. My actions were, shameful, to say the least. Keith finished the job I believe, but before the Tauren attacked me...he had this look to him, I cannot pinpoint the emotion," Nari wracked her brain, trying to remember the face through the haze of battle in her memory.

"Did you not assume that the ones at the Temple would be the weakest? Shifting form should not be something that surprises you, considering that you were explicitly sent here for that issue. Did no elf give you information on your enemy for your mission? How did Keith kill this Tauren?" Daemon paused for several moments between each question, speaking each word slowly and calmly. "But most importantly, did it make any sound when it entered? It would have to be something loud, which could act as a signal."

"I was given no information, but I was told I must come. I cannot tell you how he killed it, as I told you, it attacked me...I was unconscious. Signal...uh...yes! It grunted, making a sound as a cow would, though it did not seem intimidating at that point. Why are you asking?" she said, Nari feeling suspicion for Daemon.

"I cannot tell you yes or no. Have you not listened to what I have said? ...I have had no chance to investigate. I must say, I truly do not serve as an Elf Protector should," she said plainly.

"I have been listening, but I suppose I wrongly assume that you've given this town a cursory glance. You did not arrive here only an hour before me, correct?"

"The southern outskirt, the main square, much of the medical houses and the hall in the centre of Necras. Why is this necessary?" she questioned.

"Curiousity." Daemon answered simply. "Thank you for your time and answers. This has been very helpful."

Nari stared at him, trying to make sense of what just happened. She leaned back and sighed, taking enough air into her lungs to soothe the pain in her ribs.

Daemon got out of his chair and sat against the wall, pulled his hood over his head, closed his eyes, and slowed his breathing.

Without looking up or opening his eyes, Daemon answered "I got out of my chair and sat against a wall. I pulled my hood over my head, closed my eyes, and slowed my breathing."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back