• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Necras, Legacy of Fenrar, Ch. 1

Purple?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Could you use the word in a sentence?

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
He stretched and responded with, "Mhmmmm, How's the beautiful Nari today?" He complimented her.

He got up and got his bow, "I know what'll get your mind off things." He grabbed her hand and dragged far out of town to a special place to him. It was like a storybook, the trees ran high, the animals ran free, the grass grew green, greener than any other place on the planet. He let go of her hand and looked around with a sparkle in his eyes, "Beautiful isn't it?" He said with an uplifting tone.

"Forest of Inaru." He replied still looking at the trees and everything.

"Inaru? Familiar..." she mumbled, looking at the grass. It looked as if it glowed under her feet. She'd been here before...when?

Keith shrugged and walked off into the forest, touching the bark of the trees and observing the animals run by.

Nari immediately bounded up into a thick set of trees. As she reached the canopy, she saw an old doll lying against a branch. She narrowed her eyes at it, it seemed all too familiar to her. Its face was dirtied, clothes ragged, but obviously were once a soft white. She felt the material...Elven Silk. Little blue buttons stood in place of eyes and it's hair was a supple golden wool. She sat there, facing the little doll in the fork of two branches.

Keith looked behind him to see if Nari was still there, she was not, "Nari?" He looked all around and climbed a nearby tree like a monkey. Like an acrobat he leaped from tree to tree until found her looking at a tattered doll . He walked up slowly, "Remind you of something?" He asked.

Nari nodded. She knew now. "Yes, it is my doll. You could say it was my first friend...why did I leave it here? How long has it been?". The final part was quieter, an aside to herself.

"I dont normally show this to people..." he said reaching into his satchel pulling out a similar doll, except this had black woolen hair and a rugged elven wool, like its been 500 years since it was last touched, "This doll has been in my family for generations," He said showing it to her, "My mom gave it to me." He said looking at the doll in his hands, "Its the only memory I have left of her." He held back the tears and set it down on the branch where her doll previously sitting, "I was meaning to come here anyways."

"Keep the doll, you could pass it down to your children, continue the tradition," She said, carefully scooping up the doll and pressing it to his chest. Nari then sat her old doll down on the branch, homage to her past, and a memory for the future.

Keith chuckled, "I say 'given' I actually had to find this doll." He said taking the doll and looking at it, "My family tradition required us to find this doll before we were ten, if we couldn't then we weren't deemed worthy of being in the family... something about 'being in tune with nature' or something like that." He said carefully placing the doll next to hers, "Plus my mom requested I left it here."

"Your family sounds intriguing...my roots have no such culture. Say, Keith, how did your parents 'meet', given one was elf which the other human," Nari said, her full attention on Keith.

Keith chuckled, "Both of them were pure Elves, How I ended up a Half-elf I have no idea."

"Strange...so, I assume you grew up in the Temple?" Nari asked, leaning back carefully against the trunk of the tree, fiddling with the glove on her left hand.

"Yes and no." He said, "I grew up on the outskirts of the Temple."

Keith shrugged as he sat down against the bark of the tree they were on, "Life is full of disappointments." Then thundering footsteps could be heard below them.

Fenrar Thunderhoof was passing through the Forest with a legion of Tauren, "Move it! We haven't got all if we plan to attack Necras!" He roared.

"Back!" Nari whispered, pulling Keith further into tree cover, holding tight onto him. The close quarters made her quiver, but it was better to keep each other alive.

Keith gasped at the sudden pull but payed attention to what Fenrar said, "It's him!" He whispered, "It's the Tauren chief." He continued in a soft whispered.

The Tauren all chanted something in a sharp, crisp, dictation. 'In this continent we live on, Everyone hail to great Fenrar' as they walked. Their steps sounded a stampeding cow herd, "Almost their you worthless pieces of beef!" He shouted over the chant.

Without saying a word, Nari silently dropped from the tree, as if she disappeared. She reappeared on one of the village walls, staying low so as not to be seen.

Keith followed suit but before he saw his bow that he left leaning on a tree, "My bow!" he said in a whisper shout.

Fenrar noticed a bow leaning on a tree and went to pick it up, "Hmmm, another prize for my trophy case." He said carrying the bow away with his soliders.

Nari vanished again, and when she materialised, two of Fenrar's Tauren troops' necks had been slit and she was back on the wall.

Keith looked in sadness as he watched his bow get taken, then went back to the village and saw two of Fenrar Taurens dead, "Did you do that?" He said going next to her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back