• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Mythical Creatures Under One Roof

Do you want it to be summer time?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
MadameRedWolf said:
Lupus smiled and leaned a little closer to her, " are you asking me on a date?"
Amy grinned and leaned in towards Lupus as well. "Maybe I am... Maybe I'm not..." She winked.

Spazzycat101 said:
Lydia Grave Lydia chuckled a bit before responding, an amused grin coming to her face.
'Hard? I'm saying this should be easy. I have a probably unlimited source of samples. The hardest thing to do is translate a language that has only been used to write a few words.' A sudden thought came to mind as soon as she finished her words, and she momentarily was struck dumb by how long it took for the idea to occur to her. Someone,like Aiden, who lived in this world, would probably know how to interpret it's written form of language. Still, as soon as Lydia recovered from her momentary revelation she put the thought aside, feeling awkward about asking someone to teach her how to read. After all, from what she had been informed of, she would be a grade or so behind the people of her age because of her lack of schooling in mathematics. Lydia busied herself again with words in order to disguise the awkward gap of silence she had left.

'And Dragon's Speech... An extinct language, used obviously by dragons, but also by human mages. Both utilized it as a kind of channel for magic, but since the original users of that kind of magic are long-dead, those who care to use that magic themselves are hard-pressed to unearth the particular words that were used!' At that, she drew from the pocket of her coat (that was tied around her waist) the small unmarked book and held it up to be seen before she held it open to display the charts of words, the language recorded in scratch-like marks side-by-side with the standard modern runic alphabet of Lydia's own world.

@xMellowmint
"S-So Dragon's Speech is kinda like Latin. But for mages.... and dragons." Aiden chuckled softly to himself and then found a book right in front of his face. It smelled kinda old and dusty to Aiden but it wasn't a bad thing. Something about old books intrigued Aiden. He grabbed the book out of Lydia's hand slowly and examined it. "The texts look beautiful if you ask me but... I can't read any of it..." Aiden fixed his glasses back to it's position and looked at Lydia. "I'd love to learn it despite it being extinct... but languages isn't my best subject." He smiled softly and went to sit down on the bed. He patted the extra space beside him as an invitation for Lydia to sit next to him. "Tell me more about Dragon's Speech. How long have you been studying it?"

Hw pulled away from Ahri and licked the wound to help it close, he went to talk to Adri before she was gone. "Was you worried?" He asked as he looked to the door, yeah he's teach her, why not?

-

"Hikari it's ok, we're just playing he's always been a lot better than me," he hushed her as Ethan picked up Hikari in a bridal style hold. Walking towards the door he entered and begun heading upstairs. .

"Which ones your room?" He asked as Ethan made sure her body was covered from others eyes. Mine, my food, mine. He thought as he placed Hikari down so she could walk in and get dressed. He needed to shower again...but he was rather hungry.

LaDyGrEy said:
Hw pulled away from Ahri and licked the wound to help it close, he went to talk to Adri before she was gone. "Was you worried?" He asked as he looked to the door, yeah he's teach her, why not?
-

"Hikari it's ok, we're just playing he's always been a lot better than me," he hushed her as Ethan picked up Hikari in a bridal style hold. Walking towards the door he entered and begun heading upstairs. .

"Which ones your room?" He asked as Ethan made sure her body was covered from others eyes. Mine, my food, mine. He thought as he placed Hikari down so she could walk in and get dressed. He needed to shower again...but he was rather hungry.
"If I ever pass out because of major blood loss, I'm blaming you." She spat. She walked away into the kitchen and opened the pantry, grabbing a granola bar. She headed upstairs to her room, ignoring Grayson and the other girl while she goes up the atairs

Grayson chuckled in amusement. "I'll be there to catch you when you fall," he called out as the boy then went in doors, finding Adri with the witch.

"Let's go, you don't learn how to fight whenever you feel like it," he walked over, nodded at the other person then proceeded to sling Adri over his shoulder. "Come on," he muttered as he started walking.

Tony smiled at her excitement, he hadn’t seen her in a week so he was really happy to finally see her again. He waited for her to change and fix her hair, while he wondered what she could have seen, that made her so excited. He smiled when she came out seeing she was ready to go. He took her hand in his and walked downstairs, he grabbed his bow and quiver as he would never leave the house without them. He turned to her and said “well, let’s go and see what you’re so excited about.”

@Tigergirl2013

xMellowmint said:
"S-So Dragon's Speech is kinda like Latin. But for mages.... and dragons." Aiden chuckled softly to himself and then found a book right in front of his face. It smelled kinda old and dusty to Aiden but it wasn't a bad thing. Something about old books intrigued Aiden. He grabbed the book out of Lydia's hand slowly and examined it. "The texts look beautiful if you ask me but... I can't read any of it..." Aiden fixed his glasses back to it's position and looked at Lydia. "I'd love to learn it despite it being extinct... but languages isn't my best subject." He smiled softly and went to sit down on the bed. He patted the extra space beside him as an invitation for Lydia to sit next to him. "Tell me more about Dragon's Speech. How long have you been studying it?"
Lydia Grave Wait, was someone actually interested in this kind of magic? Most people were wary of magic in general, and stopped listening around the word 'dragon.' As she took a seat beside Aiden eagerly and almost shoulder-to-shoulder, she couldn't surpress the smile coming onto her face.

'Well, studying it..? I've almost lost count, but I believe... Three years or so. And I can't easily read it either, that's what the translations and pronounciation are for.' Here, she moved her finger down the column of less-primitive looking runic letters, almost forgetting that it was essentially foreign here before correcting herself. 'And that's just a different way o-of writing the common speech, that one isn't actually a different language itself.' Lydia added the last two phrases quickly, trying to hide her mistake. Worse than a book of translations in a scarce form of writing, a book of translations between two dead languages!

@xMellowmint

Last edited by a moderator:
Adri sat down. "i'm Adri." she said extending her hand to crimson politely then started laughing as grayson carried her away. "bye." she said being walked away by grayson flapping her wings happily.

avery looked at him. "your going to enjoy it." she said as she walked with tony hand in hand, she entered the woods and you clearly see the outline of mountains in the distance, wondering if you knew what we were going to see.

Spazzycat101 said:
Lydia Grave Wait, was someone actually interested in this kind of magic? Most people were wary of magic in general, and stopped listening around the word 'dragon.' As she took a seat beside Aiden eagerly and almost shoulder-to-shoulder, she couldn't surpress the smile coming onto her face.
'Well, studying it..? I've almost lost count, but I believe... Three years or so. And I can't easily read it either, that's what the translations and pronounciation are for.' Here, she moved her finger down the column of less-primitive looking runic letters, almost forgetting that it was essentially foreign here before correcting herself. 'And that's just a different way o-of writing the common speech, that one isn't actually a different language itself.' Lydia added the last two phrases quickly, trying to hide her mistake. Worse than a book of translations in a scarce form of writing, a book of translations between two dead languages!

@xMellowmint
(Wait wait wait wait. So, before I reply incorrectly, this book is a translating book. Columns with dragon speech and English but Lydia didn't know the difference because she can't read @-@)

xMellowmint said:
(Wait wait wait wait. So, before I reply incorrectly, this book is a translating book. Columns with dragon speech and English but Lydia didn't know the difference because she can't read @-@)
(Er... Well, there's dragon's speech and a different form of writing English. She doesn't know the ordinary way of writing it, only this weird runic way.)

Spazzycat101 said:
(Er... Well, there's dragon's speech and a different form of writing English. She doesn't know the ordinary way of writing it, only this weird runic way.)
(Is that different form of English is the language Aiden's used to? Again I'm so sorry)

xMellowmint said:
(Is that different form of English is the language Aiden's used to? Again I'm so sorry)
(Nah, that's fine. I'm confused too, sometimes ^^

But yeah. An ordinary non-Skyrim-land person wouldn't be able to read either of what's in the book very well, because the second thing in there is like encoded English. It's English, but not the ABC form. It's got different letters, but the same words. Like Durin's Dwarvish runes in LotR. It's a different way of writing English that nobody but Lydia really understands.)

Crimson was about to take her hand when a boy came and tossed Adri over his shoulder. She smiled at them "have fun you two" she said with a small laugh. After being left alone again she put her music back in and leaned her head back with her eyes closed.

Spazzycat101 said:
(Nah, that's fine. I'm confused too, sometimes ^^
But yeah. An ordinary non-Skyrim-land person wouldn't be able to read either of what's in the book very well, because the second thing in there is like encoded English. It's English, but not the ABC form. It's got different letters, but the same words. Like Durin's Dwarvish runes in LotR. It's a different way of writing English that nobody but Lydia really understands.)
(I THINK I know how to reply now xD )

Aiden looked at the book in the different fonts that looked familiar to the eye but not really to his mind. He heard a little stutter coming from Lydia's speech and looked over at Lydia smiling gently. "May you read some of the words or letters for me please..? It doesn't have to be a lot. Just a few, so I can hear an example. But of course, you don't have to if you don't want to. I know it's not easy to read for you." He turned his direction back towards the book, flipping the pages slowly and softly, thinking they will rip easily.

@xMellowmint

Lupus grinned "Alrighty then, what movie do you want to see?"

@LaDyGrEy

Hikari hiccupped and opened her door, looking back to Ethan for a moment, before moving her long white hair from her shoulder, "You look hungry." Her voice was barely above a whisper, healing those injuries probably took a lot of your energy."

MadameRedWolf said:
@xMellowmint
Lupus grinned "Alrighty then, what movie do you want to see?"

@LaDyGrEy

Hikari hiccupped and opened her door, looking back to Ethan for a moment, before moving her long white hair from her shoulder, "You look hungry." Her voice was barely above a whisper, healing those injuries probably took a lot of your energy."
Amy shook her head. "No no no no. I chose the snacks, you pick the movie. Even if I did pick, I'll probably end up picking some terrible chick flick." Amy chuckled and continued walking.

xMellowmint said:
(I THINK I know how to reply now xD )
Aiden looked at the book in the different fonts that looked familiar to the eye but not really to his mind. He heard a little stutter coming from Lydia's speech and looked over at Lydia smiling gently. "May you read some of the words or letters for me please..? It doesn't have to be a lot. Just a few, so I can hear an example. But of course, you don't have to if you don't want to. I know it's not easy to read for you." He turned his direction back towards the book, flipping the pages slowly and softly, thinking they will rip easily.
(All she's got reading issues with is the typical abc alphabet.)

Lydia Grave For a moment then, Lydia hesitated. Though had pretty much recovered from her last overuse of a spell, she wasn't too keen on passing out again, at least right now. She was also well aware that she really couldn't say any phrase of importance aloud without casting some kind of spell and therefore accidentally destroying something. Were there phrases were not of magical significance, she was unaware of them. Well, there was one, though she wasn't sure if what she thought it meant was actually what it meant...

'I believe that...' She reached over to flip a few pages, 'Based on its usage, this phrase 'Drem Yol Lok' was probably used as a greeting between dragons. Individually, though, the words mean 'peace,' 'flame' and 'sky.' Considering though, that dragons obviously lived among the clouds and most of them breathed fire, it makes sense that it should be when combined with 'peace.''

xMellowmint said:
Amy shook her head. "No no no no. I chose the snacks, you pick the movie. Even if I did pick, I'll probably end up picking some terrible chick flick." Amy chuckled and continued walking.
Lupus laughed, "Ok, how about, the new Kung-fu panda movie?"

Ethan nodded and chuckled. "Yeah so to speak, I'll meet you back here after I get dressed," he said as he kissed the girls cheek and headed into his room. Shpwering yet again to wash the dried blood, he then proceeded to grab a pair of jeans and a checkered shirt he left open. Putting on a pair of comfy trainers he headed back to wait for Hikari to get dressed.

-

Grayson rolled his eyes. "Stop flapping your wings," he hit them as he placed her body back on the ground.

"What do you want to be more coherent in...stealthy and quick, large and aimed towards strength? I would say more of a stealthily approach considering your size," Grayson said as he got into a stance and looked at her.

"Kick me," he said with a plain face.

((I. E go to kick him and he'll catch your leg because Adri is slow and new to this xD ))

LaDyGrEy said:
Ethan nodded and chuckled. "Yeah so to speak, I'll meet you back here after I get dressed," he said as he kissed the girls cheek and headed into his room. Shpwering yet again to wash the dried blood, he then proceeded to grab a pair of jeans and a checkered shirt he left open. Putting on a pair of comfy trainers he headed back to wait for Hikari to get dressed.
-

Grayson rolled his eyes. "Stop flapping your wings," he hit them as he placed her body back on the ground.

"What do you want to be more coherent in...stealthy and quick, large and aimed towards strength? I would say more of a stealthily approach considering your size," Grayson said as he got into a stance and looked at her.

"Kick me," he said with a plain face.

((I. E go to kick him and he'll catch your leg because Adri is slow and new to this xD ))
Hikari flushed pink as he kissed her cheek, and she ducked into her room. an unusual urge to look pretty dawned on her. she opened the closet and frowned, Lupus really needed to work on Organization skills. she wished though, that some of his cloths would fit her as they were so cool... but, he was too tall, she digressed and looked around, she found a pair of red leggings and a black off the shoulder shirt (perfect considering what she offered for Ethan) and put them on. she looked in the mirror and scowled at her messy white hair, she brushed and braided it, and applied light eyeliner and a clear coat of lip gloss. that would suffice. though, she imagined, she couldn't wait till her birthday, her father told her she would get prong-rings this year, she was exited, as a new pair of prongs had began splitting off the end of her antlers.

Adri looked at him. "more stealth, i am only 5 feet tall." she said as she went into kick him giving it her all kicking as hard she could her foot landing in contact with his hand as she balanced on one foot, she tucked in her wings so they wouldn't get in her way as she tried to get her foot dislodged from his grasp. She looked at him. "dang, and this is why I need better training." she said looking at grayson playfully.

@LaDyGrEy

MadameRedWolf said:
Lupus laughed, "Ok, how about, the new Kung-fu panda movie?"
(Oh my gosh I didn't get a notification! My bad!)

Amy chuckled and nodded. "Let's go watch it then!" She started to head off towards the check out and twirled back to face Lupus as her dress followed her elegantly. "Self Check Out or the regular Clerk Check out?"

He smiled and seemed to be about to answer, when he thought he saw a fairly tall black haired teen standing a ways behind Amy, "Alexander" he croaked, and with a glimmer, his Glamour magic disappeared. He panicked and in a light bulb of sound he flashed to the form of a German Shepard. There was a vest on him that said 'service' on him, and his wallet was in there "Amy my glamour stopped working, untill we get to the car you'll have to act like I am your service dog. My wallet with the money you'll need is in the pocket"

((@xMellowmint, sorry I got slightly bored, I wanted to add some of Lupus's back story.))

MadameRedWolf said:
He smiled and seemed to be about to answer, when he thought he saw a fairly tall black haired teen standing a ways behind Amy, "Alexander" he croaked, and with a glimmer, his Glamour magic disappeared. He panicked and in a light bulb of sound he flashed to the form of a German Shepard. There was a vest on him that said 'service' on him, and his wallet was in there "Amy my glamour stopped working, untill we get to the car you'll have to act like I am your service dog. My wallet with the money you'll need is in the pocket"
((@xMellowmint, sorry I got slightly bored, I wanted to add some of Lupus's back story.))
(Nah It's fine. I don't blame you)

Amy raised an eyebrow and just went along with it. She looked over at the long line the clerks had and then back to the self service which was empty. "Self service it is." She grabbed onto the cart and headed towards the counter, starting to scan her stuff and whispered slightly to herself. "Who's this Alexander anyway?" She grumbled as she grabbed Lupus's wallet and started to put the money needed into the slot. Putting the change and wallet back into Lupus's pocket. Self Service for a 16 year old... Interesting... Guess she should try her best to act blind or something. She ignored everything she saw and tried to grab the bags. "A-Ah! Found it!" She turned around, walked straight and bumped into a man. Amy didn't look up, making her face his chest. "O-Oh.. I-I'm sorry!"

Lupus shook his head and whined in exasperation. He loped forward. And slid himself under her hand and lead her out the door and to the car . Larrk opened the door and lupus switched back to his natural form mid jump. His face was pale and clammy. With his glamour gone, there were twin scars on his hand on the front and back of each hand as if a spike had gone through them. (I got to go to bed, ill post tomorrow )

@xMellowmint

Users who are viewing this thread

Back