• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Isle of Mist

Shafer dragged himself out of the water, spluttering gently as he sprawled across a sun-warmed rock next to a lake. he gave himself a few moments to just breathe before he began talking to himself in a series of chitters and clicks. He made a few vague gestures with his subtly webbed hands and stared up at the sky. A faint smile quirked at his lips as he laughed at his own witty comment, a happy, bubbly sound. As if he had water in his lungs. The noise trailed off abruptly, hand coming down nervously to toy with the strips of fabric that covered his chest as he looked to the side, thinking he'd heard something in the brush. The pointed gray ears beneath his mane of black hair twitched gently as he shut up and focused hard on that one spot.

Open for literally anyone at all. I'm bored. Help please.))

Will had arrived in the town not to long ago and he was passing by the Hospital stretching as he walked. He knew ty would be in the hospital but he didnt wish to see him in pain so he stayed ihtside pacing back and forth @crydtal cali @Wild Wolf Wind @Otakubeats

"Are you sure you want to go through with this? You will be stranded on the other side if you go through." Lucius' friend was showing his worry for the boy, if he went through then it meant that he would have no way home unless he was strong enough to open the portal or there was some one else to help him. "Come on man you don't have to do this, can't you just train here and grow you power here?" Lucius' mind was made up he was going to go through that portal no matter what, he hadn't had them help him open the portal so that they could all stare at it. "Guys, don't worry about me I am going to be fine and I will be back faster then you can say don't go." Both of the two friends who had spoken shock their heads not wanting him to go. "Well here goes nothing, it is now or never. If I don't go through now it was collapse on it's self and I will lose this chance forever." Both of the two friends agreed and Lucius walked through.

He saw thousands of lights as he flew past starts. Next thing he new he was waking up on the cold floor of a forest. Lucius felt for his staff as he began to get up. Slowly he used his staff to stand up and he looked around his new setting. It could taste salt, he must have been near the ocean. That about the only clue he gathered. He could hear buzzing above him and see strange creatures buzzing above him, yellow and black. They were hovering over a nest of some sort. One of the strange creatures landed on his staff and he trapped it in a bubble of light. Then he released it, the flying insect then flew of to the nest.

Shafer rose up onto his knees, still on the rock as he leaned forward and stared into the forest. He swallowed nervously and extended one leg to steady himself on the forest floor. He silently slipped off the rock and stalked towards the wall of trees separating the forest from the lake. A soft chitter of agitation escaped him before he slapped a hand over his mouth and shut himself up, spikes along his arms and beginning to extend without his knowledge. He finally caught sight of. Something. or someone. He blinked blankly at the odd sight but finally straightened out, standing to his full height. He chirped quietly to get the being's attention, in a way he hoped Lucius would perceive as friendly, even though his spikes were now fully extended, deadly points just barely peeking out of his armbands.

@ChoasMaker

Last edited by a moderator:
Lucius didn't expect to be found by any intelligent being so quickly. He looked at the creature not knowing what it was or what it's intention was. He look dangerous from the sight of it's spikes but the sounds that it was making didn't seem like it had any ill intention. Still he armed himself and held his staff out in front of him. He wasn't sure how to communicate with the thing since it was speaking using sounds. "Who are you and what do you want?" That was all that came to his mind, maybe the creature would be able to reply but he wasn't sure. He didn't know if it even understood him.

@Acey

Shafer took a few quick steps back when the being pointed that stick at him. He pouted gently and lowered himself ever so slightly, knees bent to allow himself to jump back or forward at a moment's notice should the need arise. He clicked sharply to himself in a way that could only be described as a curse when the 'man' spoke. Fucking human languages. He lifted a hand and brought it to his mouth, tapping there briefly before bringing it up to rest two fingers against his temple. "I don't understand you," Shafer chittered tentatively in his mother tongue. He brought his hair over one shoulder and adjusted his stance to a less guarded one. He glanced back at the lake before looking back at Lucius. He didn't like being on land for this long.

@ChoasMaker

Lucius couldn't understand a thing the other being was saying but an idea popped into his head. He mumbled some words under his breath and particles of light floated off of his staff towards both of them. "Hopefully this worked, if my spell did you should be able to understand me and I should be able to understand you. Now who are you and where am I?" He spoke hoping that his spell had indeed worked and the creature would be able to understand him and they would be able to communicate rather than what they were doing currently.

(Sorry was dealing with a nine month old baby attacking me and my keyboard. I will be off for a little while longer because my cousin wants me to go to the park with her)

@Acey

Raider continued to guard the village. Simple as that. It was his job after all and he wondered if the others were alright. If the Ranger shows up again then he'll be prepared.

"hmm we can either stay, waist time doing boring planning or we can go right now and not waist time... i vote on the later" teal exclaims

Shafer bared his little yet incredibly sharp teeth when that suspicious ball of light floated closer. He lifted a hand and batted at it but it didn't really do anything in terms of warding it off. He stumbled back just as a tingling sensation sparked through his chest and travelled up through his mind. He breathed out a soft scoff of disbelief as Lucius talked at him once again. He now knew what he was talking about. He still couldn't understand his words, but he just knew what he meant. It was weird and confusing and he really didn't like it. He hissed gently as he brought a hand up to flatten against one side of his head. "I didn't give you permission to spell me," Shafer protested loudly in the language he understood through and through, trusting that the bewildering experience of automatically translating foreign sounds was attacking Lucius as well. "You wouldn't be able to say my name with that clumsy tongue of yours. But the humans call me Shafer," he spoke the name carefully and delicately, as if afraid of saying his own name wrong. Aside from the obvious tentativeness, his voice was rather melodic when speaking typically human words. But bubbly and uneven. Again, like he had water in his lungs. "I don't know where in the world we are, I've never left the island. But we're on an island in the..." He trailed off, brow drawing close in concentration as he stumbled through the name of the ocean. "The Atlantic Ocean."

Ahaha, it's fine~! Have fun.))

@ChoasMaker

Liz sighs, and runs after Davorin. This may be reckless, but hey, so was she. "Aye, if ye can't come up with an answer quick, then talk on the way there!"

Raina rushes out after Liz and Davorin, though she did not like not knowing more than simply what she needed, and where it was, they were right. She sees Will outside, and she waves for him to join the group. "Come, Melamin. We need your help," was all she said as she run by, then seeing Raider ahead, she shouts, "Raider! If you can spare the time, we could use more help! We may know where Elita is!" she was desperately trying to tip the odds in her favor, counting who they had on their side, and what their skills were. A pirate who is skilled in stealth, a vampire who is likely incredibly strong, a ranger who probably can get a read on the enemy, plus Will and Raider who were both strong close-ranged fighters, that mystery woman Raina had never seen before, and and Raina who was a skilled earth-elemental magic user. Hopefully that was enough to overwhelm Elita once and for all.

@SirGrey @Otakubeats @Wild Wolf Wind @ThatOneLunatic @YoungX @tealevergood

May was out in the market collecting the items she needed to make Mawlock's spell work when she heard Raina shouting. She turns to see the group Raina had gathered, though says nothing. She would continue to gather what Mawlock said she had needed, just in case Raina's group failed, though her group did look rather formitable, and she wished them the best.

~Meanwhile as typical cliche hero vs villain script~

Elita stood near the cavern, making more poison to use on the fools who were likely to come for the flower. Of course, she could kill the flower but if any trace was left they'd find a way. And she unfortunately lacked fire magic like the child. Ah, she despised the relations of humans and night-worlders. Could they not go back to hating each-other? Alas, there were so many ways to destroy their trust but a ranger fighting their trusted people.....She smirked, a plan in mind for that foolish boy Evan.

@SirGrey[/URL] @Otakubeats @Wild Wolf Wind @ThatOneLunatic @YoungX @tealevergood

May was out in the market collecting the items she needed to make Mawlock's spell work when she heard Raina shouting. She turns to see the group Raina had gathered, though says nothing. She would continue to gather what Mawlock said she had needed, just in case Raina's group failed, though her group did look rather formitable, and she wished them the best.
Raider nods and follows Raina. He feels that with these numbers he doesn't have to go more than he needs in terms of power. The last thing he needs is to destroy the Isle.

Well that wasn't very helpful but at least he learned more than he had known because now he knew that he was in the middle of an ocean on an island but he didn't know if he liked the creature. "Well what was I suppose to do, I couldn't understand you so I had to do something to fix that. It wasn't like I could just ask you if I could put a spell on you. I should say thank you because without you I wouldn't have know that I was on an island." He then began to walked away from Shafer. He saw a cave and he began to head that direction. "If you would like to join me you may but I want to explore some more."

@Acey @Crystal Cali

@SirGrey[/URL] @Otakubeats @Wild Wolf Wind @ThatOneLunatic @YoungX @tealevergood

We have a good group but we i feel like we are missing something. he thought as he ran beside everyone.

Shafer huffed quietly, barbs bristling childishly as he looked Lucius over doubtfully. "I'm sure you could've figured it out, smart one," he clicked the words out lazily, tangibly sarcastic even in his beyond different language. "You are welcome. But I... Can't really. Leave the pond for an extended period of time, but I guess I should probably take you to Raina anyway. She'll know what to do with you. But come to think of it, I haven't seen her in a day at least."

@ChoasMaker@Crystal Cali

ThatOneLunatic said:
"I took hr on myself. I can do it again." He smirked
"That's the point I'm trying to make. She knows that we are all strong, so she'll plan accordingly. It's best if we plan this out just in case."

Acey said:
Shafer huffed quietly, barbs bristling childishly as he looked Lucius over doubtfully. "I'm sure you could've figured it out, smart one," he clicked the words out lazily, tangibly sarcastic even in his beyond different language. "You are welcome. But I... Can't really. Leave the pond for an extended period of time, but I guess I should probably take you to Raina anyway. She'll know what to do with you. But come to think of it, I haven't seen her in a day at least."@ChoasMaker@Crystal Cali
Lucius stopped in his tracks, there was something that he didn't know and he had to find out. Who was this Raina and what importance did she have? "Hum... you are the first native that I have seen so I guess I stick close to you. I wouldn't want to lose the only person that I have met even if I am suppose to train my skills more." He turned around and began to walk back Shafer. "Is there anyway that I could make so that you can be out of water for a longer period time? I could get some of the pool water and carry it with us if that would work."

ThatOneLunatic said:
"I know i know." He said chuckling
Raider nods as he understood. "In any case we should have a few guard outside to intercept her just in case." He thinks about their group and decides that it should be an even split.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back