• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Forbidden and Scarred Love { The Last of Us 1x1 with icedthemoon }

Kaiden Lachlan and Alexander Brennan (along with the Smith Clan)
WLF Member, Young Seraphite Warrior | 23, 16 | Current location ;; Washington

Kaiden swore under his breath as he heard Theo. “Everyone knows now!” He yelled as they ran. He heard shouting from the stairwell as a team was headed their way. “He probably could! Now move it!” Kaiden added as they made it outside. He ran straight for the fence, leaping up and snagging the top of it. “Move it! I know he’s crazy.” Kaiden said as he swung himself over the top of the fence as the team of men followed them out of the stadium. Kai waited long enough for Theo to make it over before he turned to the left and ran. It was dark and that would both hinder and help them. They could get away easier, but they also couldn’t see either. Kaiden didn’t care, he just ran.

Joshua was angry, his insides were raw from the emotions inside. His knuckles were bleeding from the punching bag but he didn’t care. He knew this was over exaggerated, and he knew that Hayden probably blamed him too. He hadn’t been there for years, but he was trying to make up for it now. His attention drew to the voice and he paused, breathing heavily. “Hayden.. has snapped. After this morning, turns out Kai and Theo snuck out when they weren’t supposed to. And so Hayden decided he was going to cut them off completely. No patrols, no runs, nothing. And.. I tried to talk to him, and mention that Kai was like me. And he threw my past back at me. Claiming that if Kai didn’t get killed by scars, he’d become one and then I’d kill him too. He has never let me forget what I’ve done, killing the people I did. And he just threw it in my face.” Josh slipped to the floor and leaned against the wall. He pushed his head back and sighed heavily. “I don’t think anyone can bring him back.”

Jacob had split from Soren, hearing the alarms for the second time that day. He asked around and made his way to where he’d been told Hayden was. “Hayden? Are you.. okay?” Jacob asked as he entered the security room. Concern was written on his face and radiated through his body.

Ezekiel Finch and Theophilus Sharpe (and also the Smith Clan)
Seraphite Warrior, WLF Member | 26, 22 | Current location ;; Washington

Theo climbed over the fence and dropped, landing too hard on his hands but not having the time to deal with that. “I’m moving,” he grumbled as he ran as fast as he could. Who cared about being sneaky right now? They just had to go. Their saving grace was that they had a good moment before any of these people came after them, and they were faster than them. That was the good part about being so young. “I’ve got a flashlight we can use as soon as we lose them.” Now it would only draw them closer to them. “We need to get out of the gridded area. Somewhere we can get turned around easily.”

As Soren listened, he looked at those knuckles. So he had been here a good while. He moved slowly closer as the words piled on. One thing after another. Right. Yes, he agreed. Hayden had snapped for sure. Okay. They could deal with that. He moved next to Josh and slid down to the floor as well. “Which one?” He pointed up at the intangible alarm that was now off since the team was running after whoever it was. “That’s him, isn’t it? That’s Kai. Which means what I heard was what I thought it was.” He relaxed his legs out in front of him. “Hayden’s sent people after him. Is it Theo too? Probably. You’re not wrong, by the way. He’s… well he doesn’t sound like his normal self.” He placed a hand on Josh’s leg like he had done plenty of times. “You know how he gets when he’s upset. You know how it is when he gets trapped inside that head of his. It’s an issue we have been dealing with for a long time, and we have always gotten him back.”

Hayden slammed a hand down on the table as he listened to the people who could see his boy running but couldn’t catch him. Try harder. Move faster. Do what you are meant to do. His attention pulled up to see Jacob, and though he should have been a calming presence, nothing was right now. “No.” He pushed past him to leave the room. There was nothing in there that could help him. Where could he go that would actually be of any use? The gates. They were already out. Everyone needed to know.

Kaiden looked around as he ran. He could hear the shouting behind them as they ran. “Head toward the flooded section, but don’t run straight. Let’s cut through different alleys and sections. Confuse them.” Kaiden said as he turned to the right and ducked down an alleyway. “If we zigzag enough, we can get away from them.” Kai suggested as he ran.

Josh sighed heavily as he looked beside him at Soren. “Kai and Theo. Because Hayden cut Theo off too.” Josh said as he pressed his head back against the wall. “I know how he gets but still. I’m so afraid that this might be what puts him over the edge. I’ve never seen him love someone like Kaiden and Kai didn’t help. He snapped at Hayden, calling him overprotective and overbearing which didn’t help. Everything is going so wrong Soren.” Josh admitted as he groaned softly. “This isn’t going to end well. At all. And that’s what I fear the most. He’s so afraid of losing Kaiden, that he’s willing to trap him, box him up, and that will only push him away.”

Jacob looked at Hayden, and heard that no. He felt Hayden push past him and followed his brother. “Hayden! Hey! Stop for a moment! What happened?!” Jacob asked, moving fast to keep up with him. “Talk to me!” Jacob said, not letting this go because he knows how Hayden gets. He’d been there through everything after all.

Theo nodded. Zigzagging for the win. No one could catch them if they were unpredictable. But they had to be unpredictable even to themselves. They could not act like what they would do to trip up the scars, because that was what the people following them would do. He ducked down the same alleyway, hopping over obstacles so that he could get to the next street. He turned left and ran past the first block and then turned into the second block so that hopefully if they saw them disappear quickly, the people on their tails would assume they went down a different direction.

Soren just nodded. Of course he cut off Theo. Theo was the one right there with Kai every time. Not to mention that the only thing keeping Hayden from adopting Theo too was the fact that his parents were still alive. “Well, to be fair, he is both overprotective and overbearing. I am not saying that excuses either of them, but it is true.” Soren had always thought that Hayden needed to find a way to calm down about a lot of things, but he also knew that it came from a place of immense fear. That was a fear they never could take away from him. It apparently only grew when they weren’t looking. “I would say that at this point, he’s already done that. They’re running. And wouldn’t you? Wouldn’t you run if everyone wanted to put you in a little box? He was never good at sitting still and neither was Theo. Of course they are running. So what do you want to do about it? They’re big boys now even if Hayden can’t see that.”

“I do not have time to stop and talk about it,” Hayden hissed as he moved through the halls. He wished that he could move faster. He wished that he could run. He missed the days that he was at track meets watching Josh and running around doing everything for the team that he could. The memory slammed into him so hard that he did stop. Well, he faltered. He stopped for a fraction of a second as the overwhelming sadness of what he lost and what he never had in that memory hit him. How could he miss that when he didn’t even have Kai? For a moment, he wished for that reality instead of this one, and in that, he killed his son. Just for that fraction of a second. No. He would not allow some happy memory of a time long since past rip away the best thing he had ever had. He moved faster. He was determined. He would get to the gates. It would not help them now, but it would for when they got his boy back.

Kai followed Theo’s lead, ducking down the alley and slipping to the left and following. He ran hard, leaping over obstacles before he caught sight of an open door. “Theo!” He hissed, ducking inside before the patrol could see them. If they ducked inside and hid in the shadows, the team could run past them and they could slip out after and run the opposite direction.

Josh flicked his gaze over to Soren. “Yeah, he is. And I’ve let him. I never once told him how to parent, just went with his decisions but this one. I stood against this.” Josh commented as he sighed. He knew this would happen, something like this. Kaiden was so much like Josh. If he had been in the old world, he probably would’ve been a track runner too. But he had no way to do something like run in the stadium. And it hurt that Hayden cut him from patrols because it felt like he didn’t trust Joshua to keep him safe either. “Yeah. I would run. That’s why I was on the track team. I could run and get my frustration out. I was the youngest child and coddled the most. There wasn’t much I could do. My parents loved us, but they kept me so close. It was suffocating. What do I want to do about it? Talk to Hayden but he won’t listen. Talk to Kai on his own, or even just let him go. I’m just so tired of trying to fix my own mistakes and help with Kai. Not that my help matters apparently.”

Jacob groaned, hearing the hissed out words. “Hayden! You need to stop. They’re gone. Listen to the radio.” Jacob said, keeping up with Hayden. Over the radio came the call of ‘lost visual. Trying to track but no success so far.’ And Jacob knew this was going to get so much worse for everyone. And even he didn’t think he’d get Hayden to calm down, at all.

Theo dove inside the building just as the patrol was moving down the street. He hid in the shadows, as quiet and small as he could make himself. A beam of light swam across the dark, and he scrambled just out of sight before the patrol moved forward. He was breathing so fast and so heavy as they waited. And waited. And he waited for an eternity. “You hear that?” he whispered. “They sent the official lost visual. That means we’re almost in the clear.” For now.

“Don’t say that,” Soren said gruffer to get Josh’s attention. “Your help matters. You matter. You have and will always matter. You do not need to worry about that, but he is going to continue to say horrible things that are going to hurt you as this continues. You and Kai are so similar it is astounding that he wasn’t always yours.” Soren frowned and stared at the wall in this gym. “But he was. He always has been. He doesn’t look at me like the coolest superhero he had to be just like. That’s you. And you know who else looks at you like that? Hayden when he isn’t in a mood. So of course Kai ran. He can’t take this any more than you can. He and Hayden just never figured out how to tell each other why they want the exact opposite of what the other wants.” This was not just a tough situation. This was a rough one. The second they left that gym, it was going to be hell, and they both knew it. If Hayden could not find Kai and Theo, he was not sure what was going to happen.

“I know!” Hayden kept moving. He did not have time to stop. “I know they’re gone. That’s because we are looking for them like the WLF that they are. You don’t think I know how we work? I could run out of there and not be found, because I know how we operate. So they do too.” He was going to find them if he had to go out there himself. Somehow. Nearing the gates, everyone could feel the change in the air. He leaned in too close for anyone’s liking. “I want logs of literally everything. If you have to write everything out a second time, I will know everyone who comes in and out of these gates and every little thing they see or don’t see in vivid detail.” Before anyone could say anything else, he was turning around and moving again. He pointed to the first person he saw. “I need a specialized team of people. People who don’t operate like your average soldier.” His nostrils flared. “I am tired of soldiers.” Then he paused as he made a decision. “Put a bounty on their heads. Kaiden and Theophilus both. Highest priority. Alive, of course.” He sneered at the man he was talking to. “Everyone knows. Everyone searches. I will make it worthwhile to whoever finds them and brings them back to me. Or whoever can keep them somewhere until I can get to them.” That worked just fine too. And he was leaving. Again. He needed a way to keep going, and he knew just what he was going to need to do.

Kai held his breath as he hid with Theo, curling in on himself as much as he could do. He saw the beam of light but kept himself tucked into the corner. After what felt like an eternity, he heard Theo whisper and he caught it too. "Okay. We need to go to an area we don't patrol, or even one that we do but close to scar territory. Anywhere that would be the worst place to go. So that leaves us with the bank near the checkpoint, they never go there, or the old cruise ship and port near the water." Kai said as he stood up from where he was tucked away.

Josh flicked his gaze to Soren as he heard him. He bit his lip and shook his head, pulling his knees up to his chest. Right now it felt like nothing he did mattered. He listened to Soren, knowing that this was one of the ways Hayden worked when he got this way. It was tough sometimes to be the one making decisions, especially back then, and even now he had to be level-headed. If Josh really wanted to snap himself, then he'd be dangerous. "Thanks, but I don't think I'll be of any use right now. It would probably be safer just to stay out of his way." Josh commented as he rested his head on his knees. This was not a good situation, and while he hated that Kaiden felt the need to run, he understood completely.

Jacob pushed a hand through his hair as he groaned heavily. This was not an easy situation. He bit his lip as he kept pace with him. Oh boy. "Hayden, is this not overkill? The boys will come back." Jacob commented as he saw the nostrils flare. "You.. you can't go out in the field! Your body won't be able to take it. Just let Josh go out and find them. Where is Josh anyway?" Jacob asked as he moved with Hayden, matching his pace.

Scar territory. Now that was something that seemed like a horrible idea. Theo almost laughed at the idea of running away from the WLF just to find themselves running from the scars. Where could they even go? What were they even going to do? “They might actually check the bank if your dad sends a search party like last night. We should go to the cruise ship and port. They aren’t likely to think we would go there.” That was because it was a terrible idea. A terrible one that might be the only way they made it out. He wished they could have done this without alerting everyone. That would have made this so much easier.

Soren knew what Josh meant. He never had anything like this happen to him personally, but he had known Josh and Hayden long enough to understand who they were as people and how they worked together. And how they didn’t. This was one of those times that nothing lined up right, and that was okay. That happened. “Why do you think I came here instead of being out there? I had the same thought. Maybe we don’t go out there yet. Maybe we let him do whatever it is that he’s going to do.” Hayden was going to do whatever he thought he had to do whether they liked it or not. There were not a whole lot of things that he could do to stop him. “Unless you want to take him out. We could do that. Vulcan nerve pinch him and lock him in a room until he calms down.” He joked, but it was not the worst plan. He could do a whole lot less damage if he couldn’t get a hold of other people.

Hayden ignored Jacob’s words. He could do what he wanted. He would not have people telling him what he could and could not do. He would not have people telling him if he was doing a good or bad job at anything that he did. “Josh,” he sneered, “is too busy pouting to find his own son.” His words were not kind. “He knows that I am right. He knows that his son is too much like him for his own good. It is not my fault that he has never been as dedicated to this as me.” His words were cruel. “I do not need him and his soldier buddies to find my son. I do not need them to come and clean up this mess. It’s their mess, Jacob, and they will just make it worse like they always do. Every last one of them.” He moved too quickly for his tired body, but it was fine. Where they were going it would be fine. He knew which shot he needed.

Kaiden knew that going towards Scar territory wasn't the best idea, but it wasn't the worst. "Yeah, the bank wouldn't be a good idea. Let's head towards the ship." Kaiden agreed as he moved towards the door. "Move quietly and quickly, keep an ear out. We have to skirt this team." Kai said as he slipped out into the alley and looked around. The moon was just strong enough to provide a little bit of light, but not nearly enough.

Josh flicked his eyes over to Soren and heard him, chuckling softly. "If we let him continue on this way, it won't end for anyone. Your idea to take him out isn't the worst idea I've heard. We have those sedatives they give scars to knock them out before they can get them ready to talk to." Josh said as he thought about not just Hayden, but allowing everyone else to not be dragged into this craziness that was his husband right now.

Jacob heard Hayden's words and froze for a moment. He hadn't heard him sound this cruel towards his husband in years. "That's not fair. And you know that. Josh loves Kai and he was as dedicated as you from day one. Sure he changed during his FEDRA days but he still loved both of you." Jacob commented, but he knew his words weren't working. He had to find Josh fast. "You need to stop." Were the last words Jacob said before he turned and headed towards the gym. He knew his brother. He pushed open the door to the gym and found Soren and Josh inside. "What the hell is happening and why is Hayden currently rampaging like a mad dog and why is he mad at you Josh?" Jacob asked. "Either way, we need to stop him otherwise this isn't going to end well at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back