• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Excelius:Academy of the Arcane Arts (Completed)

Darius was so bored that he was about to literally fall asleep. What were they supposed to be doing? Not wanting to be caught asleep the boy sat up and turned towards Miziki and Ame.

"Mind if I join your conversation? I really need something to do or I'm going to fall asleep." he said bored out of his mind. Dravlon then proceeded to hop onto Miziki's head for some reason being careful to avoid her ears. Darius just stared at the spectacle for a minute before breaking out into small chuckles. The dragonling had never done that to anyone else before. Darius would have normally scolded him but the sight looked quite endearing for some reason.

@Mitchs98 @Kazehana

((So very bored...))

Kazehana said:
Ame gave him a nod before returning to answer her questions. "I haven't used weapons before. Though I haven't had to defend from them either. Usually matters I attend to are through natural weapons such as claws or teeth. I do pride myself on my defensive techniques, but I'm not sure if I could counter that sort of stuff," she explained, her expression clouded in a mix of aloofness and deep thought as she stared blankly at something on the shelf behind Miziki. What it was didn't matter because she wasn't focusing on anything in her sight.
@Mitchs98 @Drakerus
Drakerus said:
Darius was so bored that he was about to literally fall asleep. What were they supposed to be doing? Not wanting to be caught asleep the boy sat up and turned towards Miziki and Ame.
"Mind if I join your conversation? I really need something to do or I'm going to fall asleep." he said bored out of his mind. Dravlon then proceeded to hop onto Miziki's head for some reason being careful to avoid her ears. Darius just stared at the spectacle for a minute before breaking out into small chuckles. The dragonling had never done that to anyone else before. Darius would have normally scolded him but the sight looked quite endearing for some reason.

@Mitchs98 @Kazehana

((So very bored...))
Miziki Kurone

Miziki nodded, "It's easy to counter weapons un-armed so long as you don't do something stupid like try to block a sword with your arm or hand. I prefer fighting like you said with my claws or a bow. I can use other weapons but its just easier, you know?" She replied. "You should probably take this class, at-least sometimes. I'm not entirely sure where you're from but human villages are supposed to be dangerous." She added.

She shrugged when Darius asked if he could join in the conversation, "
Yeah, sure. I don't mind if Ame doesn't." She replied. She was slightly startled when Dravlon jumped on top of her head but quickly realized what, or rather who, it was. Giggling she gently petted him on the head absent mindendly.

Ame was thinking for a moment. "No, I shouldn't like to rely on such barbaric means of defending myself. But I should learn about how to counter them. Would you have the time to do that now?" she asked. She had nothing better to do and, to be honest, it might be nice to pick up a new skill. Or rather a way of muting someone else's skill. She closed her eyes and nodded approval to her own idea.

@Mitchs98 @Drakerus

Kazehana said:
Ame was thinking for a moment. "No, I shouldn't like to rely on such barbaric means of defending myself. But I should learn about how to counter them. Would you have the time to do that now?" she asked. She had nothing better to do and, to be honest, it might be nice to pick up a new skill. Or rather a way of muting someone else's skill. She closed her eyes and nodded approval to her own idea.
@Mitchs98 @Drakerus
Darius looked at Ame, and then Miziki.

"Are you asking her to spar with you using a weapon?" he asked Ame. She could have meant something more...verbal but to be honest he wouldn't mind seeing how other people fought. He'd never seen anything fancier than the fist fights he witnessed back home.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kazehana said:
@Mitchs98 @Drakerus
Drakerus said:
Darius looked at Ame, and then Miziki.
"Are you asking her to spar with you using a weapon?" he asked Ame. She could have meant something more...verbal but to be honest he wouldn't mind seeing how other people fought. He'd never seen anything fancier than the fist fights he witnessed back home.
Miziki Kurone

Miziki shrugged, "Yeah I don't really have much else better to do other than take a nap while I wait for class to start." She replied "Though like Darius said, are you wanting me to spar you or like..a demonstration or something?" She asked quickly after. She was fine with either, but if Ame had never fought against a weapon before things might not end so well for her.

Ame tilted her head from side to side, pondering their proposal. "I'm not afraid of a little stick," she replied, giving Miziki a rather passive-aggressive smile. It looked like an ordinary smile, but didn't quite fit her tone. She was already thinking of the various ways she deflected other attacks, adapting them to fit such trivial physical objects. How hard could it be?

@Mitchs98 @Drakerus

Kazehana said:
Ame tilted her head from side to side, pondering their proposal. "I'm not afraid of a little stick," she replied, giving Miziki a rather passive-aggressive smile. It looked like an ordinary smile, but didn't quite fit her tone. She was already thinking of the various ways she deflected other attacks, adapting them to fit such trivial physical objects. How hard could it be?
@Mitchs98 @Drakerus
@Drakerus

Miziki Kurone

"
Alright then. Though, we should probably head to the dueling grounds instead of in the middle of class. Also, I have to warn you I don't exactly use normal weaponry. Like the bow I showed you earlier. I use spirit weaponry. Very similar yet very different. It's hard to explain." She replied. "Just incase I do end up hurting you, do either of you know healing magic?" She asked.

Ame thought for a moment. It was hard to switch her train of thought so deeply into coordinating her future moves. "W-wha? Healing magic? I have some of that," she said, not really catching any details of what she just said. She, of course, possessed the powers of a healing kiss. But it doesn't work on herself, so there's that. "Where should we go?" she asked, now finished with her prepping.

@Mitchs98 @Drakerus

Kazehana said:
Ame thought for a moment. It was hard to switch her train of thought so deeply into coordinating her future moves. "W-wha? Healing magic? I have some of that," she said, not really catching any details of what she just said. She, of course, possessed the powers of a healing kiss. But it doesn't work on herself, so there's that. "Where should we go?" she asked, now finished with her prepping.
@Mitchs98 @Drakerus
@Drakerus

Miziki Kurone

"Alright. As long as you have healing magic it'll be fine then." She replied. "And uh...I'm not sure where the dueling grounds are, exactly. Though, we could always just find a spot at the edge of the forest." She added. "Unless of course you know where it is?" She asked them, though mostly direct at Darius.

(Post-time-skip?)

Gold waited at the arena part of the Dueling club, or, as he liked to call it, the melee club, as that's what the members practiced: melee attacks. "Waiting, Darius and Dravlon," he said out loud, bored.

Mitchs98 said:
@Drakerus
Miziki Kurone

"Alright. As long as you have healing magic it'll be fine then." She replied. "And uh...I'm not sure where the dueling grounds are, exactly. Though, we could always just find a spot at the edge of the forest." She added. "Unless of course you know where it is?" She asked them, though mostly direct at Darius.
Darius looked at Miziki, unamused.

"I'm starting to think I really should start the Tour Guide club because of you" he muttered in annoyance before standing up and walking towards the door.

"The dueling club or duels in general for that matter are supposed to take place in the arena. At least that's what I read in the rules. So...just follow me I guess..."he said. Dravlon was still on Miziki's head minding his own business. The kitsune's ears were nice to rub against compared to the boys bristly hair.

Ame slowly got up and walked over to Darius, silently following him. She hadn't much to say at this point because she was mentally preparing herself for a new and exciting way to defend herself and the cute woodland creatures from those nasty poachers. Sweet sweet revenge would be hers. She let out a small evil chuckle as she walked, smiling and slightly narrowing her eyes as a result of her plan.

@Mitchs98 @Drakerus

Kazehana said:
Ame slowly got up and walked over to Darius, silently following him. She hadn't much to say at this point because she was mentally preparing herself for a new and exciting way to defend herself and the cute woodland creatures from those nasty poachers. Sweet sweet revenge would be hers. She let out a small evil chuckle as she walked, smiling and slightly narrowing her eyes as a result of her plan.
@Mitchs98 @Drakerus
Drakerus said:
Darius looked at Miziki, unamused.
"I'm starting to think I really should start the Tour Guide club because of you" he muttered in annoyance before standing up and walking towards the door.

"The dueling club or duels in general for that matter are supposed to take place in the arena. At least that's what I read in the rules. So...just follow me I guess..."he said. Dravlon was still on Miziki's head minding his own business. The kitsune's ears were nice to rub against compared to the boys bristly hair.
Miziki Kurone

Miziki sighed, "Thanks Darius. I haven't exactly gotten the chance to look around otherwise I'd probably know where it was." She told him. She stood up carefully so that Dravlon wouldn't fall off of her head. She guessed she didn't mind the little dragonling up there, he wasn't bothering much after all. "I never got a rulebook. Or maybe I did and forgot." She told them before shrugging, attempting to ignore Ames' creepy laugh.

Mitchs98 said:
Miziki Kurone
Miziki sighed, "Thanks Darius. I haven't exactly gotten the chance to look around otherwise I'd probably know where it was." She told him. She stood up carefully so that Dravlon wouldn't fall off of her head. She guessed she didn't mind the little dragonling up there, he wasn't bothering much after all. "I never got a rulebook. Or maybe I did and forgot." She told them before shrugging, attempting to ignore Ames' creepy laugh.
"I'm pretty sure a rulebook wouldn't help you all that much Miziki." Darius sighed as he started leading them towards the arena. They had to go outside to get to the arena so he was heading for the main entrance since that was the only exit he knew of. The stairs were a pain to use as usual but Darius somewhat knew the layout thanks to his experience on the first day climbing them for what felt like hours before passing out on his bed from exhaustion.

@Kazehana

Ame followed until they eventually made it to the arena. She was happy to finally get there; the journey seemed to drag on, especially since it was on foot. She admired how much room she had to learn and adjust. It would be nice to be able to stretch her wings after being so cramped inside the human construct of stone for so long. She took a stance somewhat in the middle of the arena, much like a focus of an ellipse, and prepared herself, stretching and whatnot before the scrimmage.

@Mitchs98 @Drakerus

Darius nods.

"Yeah. But do you mind if we watch Miziki and Ame go at it first? I think it'd be more beneficial if i got to focus on them fighting as well. It'll take longer but more knowledge gained, right?" he asked the argonian. The boy also beckoned Dravlon back over who promptly hopped back onto Darius' head. He then turned to Miziki and Ame, the former of which was doing stretches.

Drakerus said:
Darius nods.
"Yeah. But do you mind if we watch Miziki and Ame go at it first? I think it'd be more beneficial if i got to focus on them fighting as well. It'll take longer but more knowledge gained, right?" he asked the argonian. The boy also beckoned Dravlon back over who promptly hopped back onto Darius' head. He then turned to Miziki and Ame, the former of which was doing stretches.
Gold holds up his thumb. "Fine with me," he says, swinging Blue Soul around, striking a training dummy with the blunt end.

@Drakerus @Kazehana @Golden Glow

Miziki Kurone

Miziki followed Ame to the center-ish of the ring once Dravlon was off of her head. She sighed and relaxed herself, stretching partially before summoning a glowing white blade. "Ready when you are Ame." She told her before closing her eyes. Despite being blind she could still concentrate better with her eyes closed, a weird quirk but beneficial nonetheless.

Ame didn't realize she had to make the first move. It's hard to defend against nothing. So she awkwardly, yet silently, made a strong wind pick up and surround the arena with a twirl of her wrist, effectively trapping them both inside. Once it picked up speed, she drew a square in the air. Once both of those actions were complete, she decided to wait for whatever Miziki was going to do.

@Mitchs98

Kazehana said:
Ame didn't realize she had to make the first move. It's hard to defend against nothing. So she awkwardly, yet silently, made a strong wind pick up and surround the arena with a twirl of her wrist, effectively trapping them both inside. Once it picked up speed, she drew a square in the air. Once both of those actions were complete, she decided to wait for whatever Miziki was going to do.
@Mitchs98
Miziki Kurone

Miziki figured once the mini-arena was complete that meant Ame was ready. Nodding to herself she ran forward, delivering a series of strikes aimed at her abdomen. She'd go slow at first to get her used to it, no sense in hurting the girl because she didn't have time to adjust.

About a meter in front of her, Miziki was prevented from advancing due to Ame's stagnant air barrier. Ame winced as she held it in place, not willing to let Miziki get past it. Seeing her techniques though made Ame think about what she could do to avoid getting stabbed should she be unable to hold up her barrier. After a moment's thought, she scooped her hands up as if to indicate a crescendo, drastically increasing the flow of air within the arena. It slammed into them as if it was a wave, pushing them to one side of the arena. me, though physically taken to the side, showed no sign of surprise or even showing that it ever even happened.

@Mitchs98

Kazehana said:
About a meter in front of her, Miziki was prevented from advancing due to Ame's stagnant air barrier. Ame winced as she held it in place, not willing to let Miziki get past it. Seeing her techniques though made Ame think about what she could do to avoid getting stabbed should she be unable to hold up her barrier. After a moment's thought, she scooped her hands up as if to indicate a crescendo, drastically increasing the flow of air within the arena. It slammed into them as if it was a wave, pushing them to one side of the arena. me, though physically taken to the side, showed no sign of surprise or even showing that it ever even happened.
@Mitchs98
Miziki Kurone

Miziki was a bit confused by the barrier, but it seemed to still allow her to follow through with her attacks, just not reach Ame with them. Which was good, though she'd need to learn how to defend herself when she couldn't use her magic, or rather when she was too tired to. If that was possible for whatever Ame was, Miziki wasn't sure. She yelped in confusion as she was suddenly slammed into the other side of the arena. She'd managed to stop herself from hitting it head on, however.

Facing Ame again she once more ran at her, though this time her movements were quicker. The thrusts were directed at her abdomen once more, though they to were conducted quicker.

Mitchs98 said:
Miziki Kurone
Miziki was a bit confused by the barrier, but it seemed to still allow her to follow through with her attacks, just not reach Ame with them. Which was good, though she'd need to learn how to defend herself when she couldn't use her magic, or rather when she was too tired to. If that was possible for whatever Ame was, Miziki wasn't sure. She yelped in confusion as she was suddenly slammed into the other side of the arena. She'd managed to stop herself from hitting it head on, however.

Facing Ame again she once more ran at her, though this time her movements were quicker. The thrusts were directed at her abdomen once more, though they to were conducted quicker.
When Miziki charged at her the second time, Ame wasn't quite sure what to do. To giver her time to think, she flew into the air, then hovered a safe distance away from her attacks. To make sure she was safe, she summoned a powerful downdraft in the arena just below her, artificially raising the pull of gravity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back