• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Excelius:Academy of the Arcane Arts (Completed)

CoreyXIX said:
"I teach healing and illusion magic here at the academy. I also know Necromancy as well but I don't teach most students anything involving that, so don't ask me for lessons on it." He replies to her. Given that school of magic ' s reputation and many involving it had a long history of being viewed unfavorably. Not that he minded it. He just kept most of the spells and his experiments to himself, unless he had a very good reason not to do so. The sole reason he got into it in the first was taking a desperate gamble in an emergency situation, but he was pleased overall with the results.
Miziki Kurone

Healing magic huh? She'd probably be in his class then. Though, what interested her was when he said he knew Necromancy. Spirit Magic as a whole did have bits of Necromancy in it, seeing as it dealt with the dead and souls. He also said he didn't teach most students, not all of them. But he also said not to bother asking..but, you don't simply tell someone not to ask something. They're pretty much obligated to ask at that point!

"Healing? In that case I'll probably be in at-least one of your classes." She told him, pausing for a minute and fidgeting nervously before finally working up the nerve to ask him. "You..said you knew Necromancy..and from what you said you taught some of the students. My magic incorporates Necromancy in it for some parts...and I know you said not to ask but..could you maybe..teach me? If only partially.." She asked him, trailing off in some parts.

------

@Veyd Sahvoz @ScarlettRose16 @yellow rose

Senki Tazuya

"Thank you. Everyone so far seems nice enough too, yourself included. Except for this one girl..I don't really like her much, she's rude." She replied, sighing. She knew it was a bad thing to make enemies on the first day, but she really couldn't stand that Akane girl. Especially after she made fun of her.

Mitchs98 said:
Miziki KuroneHealing magic huh? She'd probably be in his class then. Though, what interested her was when he said he knew Necromancy. Spirit Magic as a whole did have bits of Necromancy in it, seeing as it dealt with the dead and souls. He also said he didn't teach most students, not all of them. But he also said not to bother asking..but, you don't simply tell someone not to ask something. They're pretty much obligated to ask at that point!

"Healing? In that case I'll probably be in at-least one of your classes." She told him, pausing for a minute and fidgeting nervously before finally working up the nerve to ask him. "You..said you knew Necromancy..and from what you said you taught some of the students. My magic incorporates Necromancy in it for some parts...and I know you said not to ask but..could you maybe..teach me? If only partially.." She asked him, trailing off in some parts.

------

@Veyd Sahvoz @ScarlettRose16 @yellow rose

Senki Tazuya

"Thank you. Everyone so far seems nice enough too, yourself included. Except for this one girl..I don't really like her much, she's rude." She replied, sighing. She knew it was a bad thing to make enemies on the first day, but she really couldn't stand that Akane girl. Especially after she made fun of her.
Her brief fidgeting was enough to make wonder what she would next ask, and unfortunately it was exactly what he hoped it wasn't. Did some of her Spirit Magic involve it? Likely so. If he did teach her, he planned on sticking strictly to things relevant to what she came for. On the other hand, she was planning on being in his Healing magic class. Hm, perhaps a little diplomacy and word judo would give them both a satisfactory answer. "Perform well enough in your healing studies and tests and ask me again at a later date. If I see you're a responsible enough I'll show you a few things. Deal?" He sternly replies after some consideration. He would have no unruly or unskilled hands working in such a dangerous field of magic!

CoreyXIX said:
Her brief fidgeting was enough to make wonder what she would next ask, and unfortunately it was exactly what he hoped it wasn't. Did some of her Spirit Magic involve it? Likely so. If he did teach her, he planned on sticking strictly to things relevant to what she came for. On the other hand, she was planning on being in his Healing magic class. Hm, perhaps a little diplomacy and word judo would give them both a satisfactory answer. "Perform well enough in your healing studies and tests and ask me again at a later date. If I see you're a responsible enough I'll show you a few things. Deal?" He sternly replies after some consideration. He would have no unruly or unskilled hands working in such a dangerous field of magic!
Miziki Kurone

Miziki had honestly expected an answer that revolved around no, but thankfully it wasn't. Smiling happily she nodded, "That sounds great! I'll definetely do my best in that case, maybe if with your help I'll get a lot better with my magic." She replied excitedly. It was a shame classes were closed for the day, she wanted to start proving she could do well after all! She'd hoped in the time frame they were talking that her room mate would arrive, but sadly they didn't. Despite her being tired she wanted to meet her room mate as well as get familiarized with the school, she was also tired.

She didn't really know what to decide on, getting some rest or asking Shaltaea to show her around. But at the same time her room mate could come while she wasn't there! So many decisons..so little time. "
If..you wouldn't mind I think I actually wouldn't mind you showing me around the academy. At-least for a little bit?" She asked him. Despite being tired she was still a Kitsune, and it was in a Kitsunes' nature to be curious about everything!

Mitchs98 said:
Miziki KuroneMiziki had honestly expected an answer that revolved around no, but thankfully it wasn't. Smiling happily she nodded, "That sounds great! I'll definetely do my best in that case, maybe if with your help I'll get a lot better with my magic." She replied excitedly. It was a shame classes were closed for the day, she wanted to start proving she could do well after all! She'd hoped in the time frame they were talking that her room mate would arrive, but sadly they didn't. Despite her being tired she wanted to meet her room mate as well as get familiarized with the school, she was also tired.

She didn't really know what to decide on, getting some rest or asking Shaltaea to show her around. But at the same time her room mate could come while she wasn't there! So many decisons..so little time. "
If..you wouldn't mind I think I actually wouldn't mind you showing me around the academy. At-least for a little bit?" She asked him. Despite being tired she was still a Kitsune, and it was in a Kitsunes' nature to be curious about everything!
Well, that went perfectly. Who knows, maybe if she met his strict qualification she would be less likely to be a danger to those around her. Seems like this girl was all over place mentally! The professor supposed a bit more of a tour couldn't hurt. It's not like he had any pressing matters to attend to until late tonight/early tomorrow anyhow. "I suppose I could do so. However, we're only going places the students are allowed." Prof. Shaltaea replies, meaning some places would be off limits during their impromptu tour. He just hoped she would be as eager in her studies as she seemed to be a out exploring the school.

Floating beside the Draconus's on the 23rd floor Mouse-O took a moment to choose his words carefully and then spoke.

"I AM THE GREAT MOUSE-O! I AM ISSUING A CHALLENGE TO ANY STUDENT WHO THINKS THEY STAND A FIGHTING CHANCE AGAINST ME!"

Mouse-O then took a moment for those word to sink into whomever heard them. He then spoke again

"BE IN THE MAIN HALL IN 2 HOURS TIME, AND WE SHALL HAVE A PROPER MAGIC DUEL! THE FIRST TO KNOCK TH OTHER UNCONCIOUS IS THE VICTOR!"

Mouse-O now finished with his speech looked to Draconus's for approval. Not unsure of his ability to fight, just unsure if what he proposed followed proper rules.

@Veyd Sahvoz @Kazehana @Kihara017 @Mitchs98 @Annie @Yellow Swan @kurol @Ldybug123 @Golden Glow @AnarchyReins @CrazyNotChaotic @Kid of Darkness @ScarlettRose16 @butterblock @AstronomyNerd

Last edited by a moderator:
CoreyXIX said:
Well, that went perfectly. Who knows, maybe if she met his strict qualification she would be less likely to be a danger to those around her. Seems like this girl was all over place mentally! The professor supposed a bit more of a tour couldn't hurt. It's not like he had any pressing matters to attend to until late tonight/early tomorrow anyhow. "I suppose I could do so. However, we're only going places the students are allowed." Prof. Shaltaea replies, meaning some places would be off limits during their impromptu tour. He just hoped she would be as eager in her studies as she seemed to be a out exploring the school.
Miziki Kurone

Miziki nodded quickly, her tail swishing happily back and forth. "That's fine, I didn't expect to go to any off limits places anyway." She replied cheerfully, pocketing the key and grabbing his hand again. She figured he wouldn't mind guiding her again, especially considering she wasn't entirely sure where all they'd be going. "Where to first?" She asked. Shortly after that someone challenged well..everyone..to a duel in 2 hours. That sounded like fun, maybe at the least she could go and get a feel at what the challengers could do, even if she couldn't see them it'd be useful to at-least spectate.

Mitchs98 said:
Miziki KuroneMiziki nodded quickly, her tail swishing happily back and forth. "That's fine, I didn't expect to go to any off limits places anyway." She replied cheerfully, pocketing the key and grabbing his hand again. She figured he wouldn't mind guiding her again, especially considering she wasn't entirely sure where all they'd be going. "Where to first?" She asked. Shortly after that someone challenged well..everyone..to a duel in 2 hours. That sounded like fun, maybe at the least she could go and get a feel at what the challengers could do, even if she couldn't see them it'd be useful to at-least spectate.
As he was about to speak the Lich heard Mouse-O 's proclamation. Wait, the rumor that mouse was True? Well, how fun. The students would benefit from the practical lesson. He figured he may wish to be there in case any injuries should be attended to. Anyway, current matter at hand first. "I believe descending order of floors first. That way we don't get to too many places at once." He suggests to the student. At least two or three of the floors would be easy, since they were classroom and library.

Vaccum said:
Floating beside the Draconus's on the 23rd floor Mouse-O took a moment to choose his words carefully and then spoke.
"I AM THE GREAT MOUSE-O! I AM ISSUING A CHALLENGE TO ANY STUDENT WHO THINKS THEY STAND A FIGHTING CHANCE AGAINST ME!"

Mouse-O then took a moment for those word to sink into whomever heard them. He then spoke again

"BE IN THE MAIN HALL IN 2 HOURS TIME, AND WE SHALL HAVE A PROPER MAGIC DUEL! THE FIRST TO KNOCK TH OTHER UNCONCIOUS IS THE VICTOR!"

Mouse-O now finished with his speech looked to Draconus's for approval. Not unsure of his ability to fight, just unsure if what he proposed followed proper rules.

@Veyd Sahvoz @Kazehana @Kihara017 @Mitchs98 @Annie @Yellow Swan @kurol @Ldybug123 @Golden Glow @AnarchyReins @CrazyNotChaotic @Kid of Darkness @ScarlettRose16 @butterblock @AstronomyNerd
Draconus sighed at his shouting before letting out a small chuckle "You know you are addressing the entire academy" he said, approaching the glowing orb of light blue energy

"I would like to welcome all of the 456 students that have arrived today to Excelius: Academy of the Arcane Arts! There will be dinner in the dining room on the main floor, even though it is nearing 8 o' clock you may have a bite to eat. Curfew for younger students will be 30 minutes after 9 o' clock. The older students will be allowed to stay up until 11 o' clock. Please do study hard and I wish all of you luck while you are at my academy" said Draconus, speaking at the glowing orb that stopped glowing and sat back down on it's stand on the table. He looked back at Mouse-O with a grin "Wasn't that something? Some little speech you had"

@Kazehana @Kihara017 @Mitchs98 @Annie @Yellow Swan @kurol @Ldybug123 @Golden Glow @AnarchyReins @CrazyNotChaotic @Kid of Darkness @ScarlettRose16 @butterblock @AstronomyNerd @Vaccum

CoreyXIX said:
As he was about to speak the Lich heard Mouse-O 's proclamation. Wait, the rumor that mouse was True? Well, how fun. The students would benefit from the practical lesson. He figured he may wish to be there in case any injuries should be attended to. Anyway, current matter at hand first. "I believe descending order of floors first. That way we don't get to too many places at once." He suggests to the student. At least two or three of the floors would be easy, since they were classroom and library.
Miziki Kurone

"
Okay, that sounds good. It's probably best I slowly familarize myself anyway." She replied. If she didn't take things slow she'd probably end up forgetting bits of the rooms later anyway, as excited as she was to learn every possible inch of the academy at once she knew it wasn't possible. Slowly after a man whom she could only figure out was the headmaster announced they'd be having dinner soon. Her stomach growled loudly at the thought, she hadn't realized how late it'd gotten. Still..she wanted to explore the academy. She frowned slightly when it was made apparent she'd have to be going to bed earlier than the rest, or at-least to her room. "Well..I guess the tour will have to wait until tommorrow or something. Could you show me to the dining room?" She asked him, evidently upset that her exploring had been cut short.

Mitchs98 said:
Miziki Kurone
"
Okay, that sounds good. It's probably best I slowly familarize myself anyway." She replied. If she didn't take things slow she'd probably end up forgetting bits of the rooms later anyway, as excited as she was to learn every possible inch of the academy at once she knew it wasn't possible. Slowly after a man whom she could only figure out was the headmaster announced they'd be having dinner soon. Her stomach growled loudly at the thought, she hadn't realized how late it'd gotten. Still..she wanted to explore the academy. She frowned slightly when it was made apparent she'd have to be going to bed earlier than the rest, or at-least to her room. "Well..I guess the tour will have to wait until tommorrow or something. Could you show me to the dining room?" She asked him, evidently upset that her exploring had been cut short.
A meal would have to be consolation for their canceled tour. He didn't think it had gotten so late already! With a nod he guides her back tiaras the stairs. "Sure, it won't be long." He replies as he makes his way down the stairs towards the cafeteria for her. Some students likely didn't appreciate the early curfee, but sometimes life went that way.

CoreyXIX said:
A meal would have to be consolation for their canceled tour. He didn't think it had gotten so late already! With a nod he guides her back tiaras the stairs. "Sure, it won't be long." He replies as he makes his way down the stairs towards the cafeteria for her. Some students likely didn't appreciate the early curfee, but sometimes life went that way.
Miziki Kurone

"
Thanks." She replied simply as they started walking. "What floor is the dining room on, by the way? So I know for later. I'll be able to roughly gauge what floor I'm on once I know the location of stuff." She told him. She assumed it was on the main floor for ease of access, but considering the fact that it was a 31 floor abomination of mixed up stair cases it could be in the basement for all she knew.

Kate

She walked with the teacher for a little while and the students. She started getting hungry and it looked like the sun was starting to set. She hadn't realized how late it has gotten. "Can I go to my dorm room?" She asks the teacher. She wanted to find her dorm room and possibly make it down to the cafeteria. She continues walking waiting for Mrs. Yves to answer.

@kta not letting me tag

"Hopefully I put a bit of a quake in their boots" Mouse-O grinned. "I have to prepare, see you at dinner." Mouse-O bowed midair. "It will be good to duel on a full stomach. Everyone will be there to witness my prowess as well" Floating away, and with a wave Mouse-O left Draconus.

@Veyd Sahvoz

Just as Varien was about to speak, he heard the words of that damned mouse echo in his mind. He let out an irritated sigh. "Change of plans, all three of us need to return to the Academy for dinner and curfew." He said, walking over to the bedded student. "Come now, my magic will assist you in standing." The Archemage said, activating the Mana Grasp (as he called it) and using it to lift the boy. "Grab that ball, I will show you it tomorrow."

@Kazehana @Ldybug123

Mitchs98 said:
Miziki Kurone
"
Thanks." She replied simply as they started walking. "What floor is the dining room on, by the way? So I know for later. I'll be able to roughly gauge what floor I'm on once I know the location of stuff." She told him. She assumed it was on the main floor for ease of access, but considering the fact that it was a 31 floor abomination of mixed up stair cases it could be in the basement for all she knew.
"The dining room is located on the second floor." he replies to her as they walk. At least some of the basic places would be easy enough to eventually locate, but good luck when it comes to anything else. The stairs between will be problem. At least she was being proactive about finding some solution for her issues at hands. A lot of the time Prof. Shaltaea did not go to the dining room since he did not eat food, but it was nice to know where it was for situations like this.

Vaccum said:
"Hopefully I put a bit of a quake in their boots" Mouse-O grinned. "I have to prepare, see you at dinner." Mouse-O bowed midair. "It will be good to duel on a full stomach. Everyone will be there to witness my prowess as well" Floating away, and with a wave Mouse-O left Draconus.
@Veyd Sahvoz
Draconus waved bye, for now, and faded from the spot he was in to the 16th floor. Likely where Adlin would be.

ScarlettRose16 said:
Kate

She walked with the teacher for a little while and the students. She started getting hungry and it looked like the sun was starting to set. She hadn't realized how late it has gotten. "Can I go to my dorm room?" She asks the teacher. She wanted to find her dorm room and possibly make it down to the cafeteria. She continues walking waiting for Mrs. Yves to answer.

@kta not letting me tag
"Yes, you all may. I'm showing you to the 18th floor, right now we're on the 16th" explained Ms. Yves, walking past the lounge. Maybe she'd have a drink later, she sure would need it. Rushing up the stairs she was almost out of breath, why must these strairs be huge? She thought too herself. "Well here it is, if you need me just ask and I'll hear it" she gave a wink to the 3 of them and walked back down the hall.

@ScarlettRose16 @Mitchs98 @Yellow Swan

Ame was barely paying attention, still deep in thought. Se absentmindedly walked towards the other side of the room, scanning the objects though she wasn't paying attention to what she was looking at. When she finally came to, she had no idea what she had just saw, so she rescanned them the opposite direction back towards her original position. A fight? For fun? Would that even be fun? Is it considered a game to humans? I don't want to be rude. Perhaps I'll at least try it. Realizing she once again had no clue what she was looking at, she gave up, looking back over to the other two. They seemed to be doing something, so she decided not to bother them. Instead, she looked just under her wing, hiding its contents from prying eyes. She couldn't shake the feeling that she grabbed these for a purpose, but she couldn't remember why.

@Cruor Flumine @Ldybug123 (It's not letting me tag, so I hope this works lol)

@ScarlettRose16[/URL] @Mitchs98 @Yellow Swan

Kate

She gives a small wave to the students and walks to her dorm room. She puts the keys is the lock and opens the door. It was a simple room. Two beds, a window, two night stands, and two desks. She turns on the light and she just sits on one of the beds. she was curious if this place had a library. she loved to read and was curious. She laid down on her bed and stares at the ceiling. She really wasnt that hungry so she thought she would just wait for her roommate.​

CoreyXIX said:
"The dining room is located on the second floor." he replies to her as they walk. At least some of the basic places would be easy enough to eventually locate, but good luck when it comes to anything else. The stairs between will be problem. At least she was being proactive about finding some solution for her issues at hands. A lot of the time Prof. Shaltaea did not go to the dining room since he did not eat food, but it was nice to know where it was for situations like this.
@ScarlettRose16 @Yellow Swan

Miziki Kurone

Miziki nodded, making note of it being the 2nd floor. Soon after they'd began their journey down the stairs a group of people walked, or rather jogged, by them. Stopping abruptly she turned to them, maybe one of them was her room mate? "
Just a minute." She told Shaltaea. She noticed one of them had walked off ahead of the rest she hoped they were close, so she raised her voice just in case. "Um, excuse me, but are any of you in room 32?" She called out, hopeful. If not, she'd simply continue on to the dining room. If so, she'd split off and go meet her room mate. Maybe even see if she'd go with her!

-------

@Veyd Sahvoz @Yellow Swan @Annie

Senki Tazuya

Senki had heard both of the annoucements. Neither interested her. She was too tired to be hungry or for a duel. What she wanted now was to get into her room and take a shower. "
Thank you Ms. Yves!" She called out to her as she walked off. "I'll see you later." She told Zidaine before walking off to her own room. She didn't see anyone there so she decided to go ahead and take a shower while she waited.

Varien nodded again. "Pleasure to meet you Itsuo, I am Archemage Varien, The Black Flame. But thats my official title. Instead, I am Professor Varien. If you have any questions about Destruction Magics, Defense Magics, Enchanting, or Alchemy, ask me. Now, are we all ready to depart? Ame?"

@Kazehana @Ldybug123

Ame abruptly shot her head up and her wing down. "I wasn't doing anything!" she exclaimed, thinking he might have seen her suspiciously checking herself out. She was pretty distressed, and considering his neutral demeanor, she assumed he was suspicious of her. She nervously glanced between the two faces before her, not sure what was going on. She put on a nervous smile, hoping she was fine.

@Cruor Flumine @Ldybug123

Users who are viewing this thread

Back