• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Excelius:Academy of the Arcane Arts (Completed)

Mitchs98 said:
(Inb4 only reason she isn't afraid is because she's blind)
Miziki Kurone

Miziki nodded, so he'd been here quite a while. She wasn't exactly sure how long the academy had exsisted but figured it'd been a good amount of time. She laughed nervously when he asked her was she came here. "
Wellll. I may or may not of blown my house up by accident...and every house in the immediate area.."

She explained sheepishly, lowering her voice and practically mumbling the last bit, her face slightly pink from embarrasment as she recalled the ordeal. "Soo they decided I should go elsewhere while I learned how to control my magic. Don't worry, I shouldn't blow this place up. Probably.."She continued.

Senki Tazuya

"Nice to meet all of you." She replied. She wondered if either of these people would be her room mates, not sure if this school had co-ed dorms or not(if that's a thing in the setting?). "Did you guys get the names of your room mates yet? I'm not sure who mine is." She asked.
"I don't believe any of you wil know until you get there. That just makes it a little more fun" said Ms. Yves with a teasing smirk to Zane and a bit of a nudge. Looking back at the other 2 girls who'd gotten their dorms she remembered she was supposed to find Adlin. Oh what fun...

@Yellow Swan @ScarlettRose16

@Mitchs98

Vaccum said:
"I was thinking I could battle one of the students you know?" Mouse-O squeaked, realizing how Draconus took his words. "Show them what kind of get magic user they can aspire to be!"

@Veyd Sahvoz
"Sure, why not" said Draconus in a reassuring manner. What's the worst that could happen? He thought to himself, whilst walking up another staircase and into a large room. "Would you like to do the honors my friend?" he asked, pointing to the multi dimension portal.

@Vaccum

Varien set the ball on the table as he rushed over to the boy. "Come now, don't push yourself." He said, helpibg him back onto the bed. He turned to the girl. "Anywhere really. That ball is enchanted to fly. You know...I don't think I ever got your name."

@Kazehana @Ldybug123

@Kazehana[/URL] @Ldybug123
"Hmmmm..." She considered his offer, mulling it over in her head. "Oh me? My name is Âme. It means spirit or soul or something," she said, not really paying attention. She was thinking about how an orb could fly, already forgetting about her train of thought. That train had so many junctions, it's a wonder she ever got anything done.

@Cruor Flumine @Ldybug123

CoreyXIX said:
"We host a wide variety of classes. I've seen nearly every kind of magic included, although our classifications for magic may be a bit different than what some or used to." the professor explains to her. "Elemental, destruction,enchanting, healing, alchemy,illusion. At this point it would be easier what we don't teach." he explains to Miziki. It was quite nice to have a student so willing to learn. The lich didn't helping such students out every now and then. He smiled a little to himself behind his mask. "Your class selections will likely vary depending on which aspects of your 'Spirit Magic' you plan on improving in."
Miziki Kurone

Miziki nodded. If that was the case all she needed was time here to learn how to control her powers, maybe even learn some other magic in the process too. "What if I told you..all of it." She replied, giggling. "Well, maybe not all of it, but most of it. Guess you guys live up to your reputation then." She added. After that she continued walking in silence for what seemed like ages. Eventually she spoke up, "Are we almost there?" She asked. She was excited to meet her room mate at this point, plus she was tired for running here for most of the trip, and a bath couldn't hurt at this point either.

Mitchs98 said:
Miziki Kurone
Miziki nodded. If that was the case all she needed was time here to learn how to control her powers, maybe even learn some other magic in the process too. "What if I told you..all of it." She replied, giggling. "Well, maybe not all of it, but most of it. Guess you guys live up to your reputation then." She added. After that she continued walking in silence for what seemed like ages. Eventually she spoke up, "Are we almost there?" She asked. She was excited to meet her room mate at this point, plus she was tired for running here for most of the trip, and a bath couldn't hurt at this point either.
"We,, you'll have a busy year if you're tackling all of it at once." he replies to the giggling student. Though the silence would make the walk feel like it took ages, it meant little for someone like Prof. Shaltaea. "Yes, we're on the floor we needed right now." he replies to her as they step off the stairwell and to her assigned room. "Well, here you are." he simply says as he unlocks the door and holds the key out in his free hand for her to take. "Unless there is something else you need my assistance with I'll be leaving you to your room." he says to her.

He nodded. "Well Ame, that orb has secret wings. I enchanted it to use those wings to fly. If you want to play, play with this at the school. Sound like fun?"

@Kazehana @Ldybug123

Last edited by a moderator:
CoreyXIX said:
"We,, you'll have a busy year if you're tackling all of it at once." he replies to the giggling student. Though the silence would make the walk feel like it took ages, it meant little for someone like Prof. Shaltaea. "Yes, we're on the floor we needed right now." he replies to her as they step off the stairwell and to her assigned room. "Well, here you are." he simply says as he unlocks the door and holds the key out in his free hand for her to take. "Unless there is something else you need my assistance with I'll be leaving you to your room." he says to her.
Mizki Kurone

Miziki took the key from him and placed it in her pocket and smiled gratefully. "
Thank you Professor." She told him, hugging him gently momentarily. "It'd of probably taken me forever to get here." She added. She paused momentarily in thought when he asked her if there was anything else she needed, she partially wanted to ask him if he could show her around the academy more, but she kinda wanted to see..or rather meet..her room mate more. "Well, I kinda wondered if you could show me around the academy more. But I'm kind of tired, plus I wanna meet my room mate. Soo, I don't think so for now. I might ask you to show me around more later if you don't mind though." She replied. "Oh! One more thing now that I think about it..these stairs are like a normal stairwell, right?" She added suddenly. She had noticed the trip seemed slightly off and not quite straight forward, but then again that could of just been her imagination.

Mitchs98 said:
Mizki Kurone
Miziki took the key from him and placed it in her pocket and smiled gratefully. "
Thank you Professor." She told him, hugging him gently momentarily. "It'd of probably taken me forever to get here." She added. She paused momentarily in thought when he asked her if there was anything else she needed, she partially wanted to ask him if he could show her around the academy more, but she kinda wanted to see..or rather meet..her room mate more. "Well, I kinda wondered if you could show me around the academy more. But I'm kind of tired, plus I wanna meet my room mate. Soo, I don't think so for now. I might ask you to show me around more later if you don't mind though." She replied. "Oh! One more thing now that I think about it..these stairs are like a normal stairwell, right?" She added suddenly. She had noticed the trip seemed slightly off and not quite straight forward, but then again that could of just been her imagination.
It wouldn't be much of an issue to make sure she knew the academy a bit better than she did now, but she seemed excited to see her own room. He couldn't blame her, being in a place this for the first time would be a pretty exciting experience. But first, he had to answer her question. "Sometimes they are, other times not so much. Just be careful whe nyou use them until you're used to them." he advises Miziki.

Senki Tazuya

Senki frowned slightly when Ms. Yves told her she'd more or less have to figure it out herself. Oh well. She just hoped they'd be tolerable, as long as it wasn't Akane she could live with them fine. The last thing she needed was to be reminded she was an amnesiac 24/7 by that girl. "Oh. I see. Well then, I guess you're right. Just hope it's someone nice." She replied, shrugging. She also hoped they'd be there soon, she was still sore all over despite the healing magic. Right now the one thing she wanted above all was a nice shower and some rest.

@Veyd Sahvoz @ScarlettRose16 @Yellow Swan

------

CoreyXIX said:
It wouldn't be much of an issue to make sure she knew the academy a bit better than she did now, but she seemed excited to see her own room. He couldn't blame her, being in a place this for the first time would be a pretty exciting experience. But first, he had to answer her question. "Sometimes they are, other times not so much. Just be careful whe nyou use them until you're used to them." he advises Miziki.
Miziki Kurone

Miziki tilted her head slightly with a confused expression on her face. Sometimes they are and sometimes they aren't? What did he mean.."What do you mean? Are they like..magical shifting stairs?" She asked. If they were..she'd have quite the 'fun' time learning the layout of the stairs. It was more or less the ultimate 'fuck you' to a blind person if the stairway constantly changed.

Vaccum said:
"Of course!" Mouse-O said confidently, activating the portal. "When do you think it will happen?"
@Veyd Sahvoz
Draconus walked to the portal that would amplify anyone's voice to be heard through it. "No idea. Anyways, care to announce the academy briefly?" he asked, setting his staff down.

@Vaccum

(@Mitchs98 It's far better and way more complex than Harry Potters shifting stairs > :) think of it as stairs that go on one floor to the next then up and down and what not etc.)

Veyd Sahvoz] ([URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/24115-mitchs98/ said:
@Mitchs98[/URL] It's far better and way more complex than Harry Potters shifting stairs > :) think of it as stairs that go on one floor to the next then up and down and what not etc.)
(You mean like Mario's snake blocks?)

(Im just gonna go for it)

Aisha glances around her knew surroundings with her good eye, although the fogged over eye followed suit as if she could really see her surrounding. Sighing she fidgeted slightly at the thought of staying somewhere with...people.

(No. Read the description on the overview, you'll get a tiny bit of an understanding. It's not one huge staircase that goes all the way to the top in a bunch of swervy line, it's much more complex. @Golden Glow)

Mitchs98 said:
Senki TazuyaSenki frowned slightly when Ms. Yves told her she'd more or less have to figure it out herself. Oh well. She just hoped they'd be tolerable, as long as it wasn't Akane she could live with them fine. The last thing she needed was to be reminded she was an amnesiac 24/7 by that girl. "Oh. I see. Well then, I guess you're right. Just hope it's someone nice." She replied, shrugging. She also hoped they'd be there soon, she was still sore all over despite the healing magic. Right now the one thing she wanted above all was a nice shower and some rest.

------

Miziki Kurone

Miziki tilted her head slightly with a confused expression on her face. Sometimes they are and sometimes they aren't? What did he mean.."What do you mean? Are they like..magical shifting stairs?" She asked. If they were..she'd have quite the 'fun' time learning the layout of the stairs. It was more or less the ultimate 'fuck you' to a blind person if the stairway constantly changed.
"Yes, that is exactly what I mean. Most of the time I don't even bother with them." Prof. Shaltaea says to the blind girl. Would she ever make it to class, let alone make it on time? Time will tell. But they could hope so. "You're probably in for a long year here if something cannot be done." He remarks, giving her the awful news in a straightforward manner. It was best she knew now rather than find out the hard way.

CoreyXIX said:
"Yes, that is exactly what I mean. Most of the time I don't even bother with them." Prof. Shaltaea says to the blind girl. Would she ever make it to class, let alone make it on time? Time will tell. But they could hope so. "You're probably in for a long year here if something cannot be done." He remarks, giving her the awful news in a straightforward manner. It was best she knew now rather than find out the hard way.
Miziki Kurone

Miziki nodded slowly, a slight frown evident on the edges of her lips. That'd make things slightly more difficult..though, she was sure she'd eventually manage, so long as they didn't shift randomly while you were walking on them. She never let being blind get in the way of her doing things, after all she found the academy by herself just fine..well..partially fine. "How often do they shift and are the changes major? If they don't shift that often and they aren't too major then I should be able to manage after a few days." She told him. "I just need time to adjust to a new place." She added, shrugging.

Mitchs98 said:
Miziki Kurone
Miziki nodded slowly, a slight frown evident on the edges of her lips. That'd make things slightly more difficult..though, she was sure she'd eventually manage, so long as they didn't shift randomly while you were walking on them. She never let being blind get in the way of her doing things, after all she found the academy by herself just fine..well..partially fine. "How often do they shift and are the changes major? If they don't shift that often and they aren't too major then I should be able to manage after a few days." She told him. "I just need time to adjust to a new place." She added, shrugging.
"Not major, the stair system is just a bit complex. The main stairway only goes up to the fifth floor, and many other stairways lead to different floors. It's rarely ever just a straight line. Some twist, some turn, and or two go in an upwards circular pattern. The best you can do I'd simply learn them the best you can. Experience is often just as good a teacher for this as a map would be. I imagine after the first couple of weeks you should be fine." He says, giving her an explanation. Even the best sometimes got lead astray here.

CoreyXIX said:
"Not major, the stair system is just a bit complex. The main stairway only goes up to the fifth floor, and many other stairways lead to different floors. It's rarely ever just a straight line. Some twist, some turn, and or two go in an upwards circular pattern. The best you can do I'd simply learn them the best you can. Experience is often just as good a teacher for this as a map would be. I imagine after the first couple of weeks you should be fine." He says, giving her an explanation. Even the best sometimes got lead astray here.
Miziki Kurone

Miziki listened and nodded slowly when he was done speaking. Why would someone make such a confusing and complex stair system? Wouldn't it of been easier to have a massive spiral staircase in the middle instead of something out of a trapped castle? Sighing Mizki shook her head to herself, Shaltaea was right it'd just take her a bit longer than normal to learn the place. Then the thought hit her, he said most of the time he didn't use the stairs right? Maybe there were portals or something she could use, it was worth a shot.

"I see..that sounds a bit overly complex, but alright, I should manage. You said you normally didn't bother with the stairs, is there another way to get around the academy?" She asked him.

On his way down, Gold had heard someone issuing a challenge. Only when he got to the bottom did he realize... "Wait! That would help with the magic training!"

He ran back up the stairs t floor 5, to see a man who could only be Draconus, and a mouse hovering next to him. He walked up to them. "Hey, I heard someone screaming about a magic duel, or something," said Gold. "I'll do the battle. Was it the mouse who called for one?"

Gold had seen weirder things in his time, so a talking mouse was no big deal.

@Veyd Sahvoz @Vaccum

Mitchs98 said:
Miziki KuroneMiziki listened and nodded slowly when he was done speaking. Why would someone make such a confusing and complex stair system? Wouldn't it of been easier to have a massive spiral staircase in the middle instead of something out of a trapped castle? Sighing Mizki shook her head to herself, Shaltaea was right it'd just take her a bit longer than normal to learn the place. Then the thought hit her, he said most of the time he didn't use the stairs right? Maybe there were portals or something she could use, it was worth a shot.

"I see..that sounds a bit overly complex, but alright, I should manage. You said you normally didn't bother with the stairs, is there another way to get around the academy?" She asked him.
Prof. Shaltaea knew his answer would be massively disappointing to her, since she expected a less troublesome way to mavigate. "The reason I don't normally use them is because I normally traverse by spirit, leaving my body in either my room or office. As a spirit I'm rarely bound by walls and floors, even though I cannot physically interact with things while I do so." He explains to her with a small shrug. If she had some sort of transportation magic she would probably have a better time. If there were any secret passages and portals, he had little knowledge of them.

CoreyXIX said:
Prof. Shaltaea knew his answer would be massively disappointing to her, since she expected a less troublesome way to mavigate. "The reason I don't normally use them is because I normally traverse by spirit, leaving my body in either my room or office. As a spirit I'm rarely bound by walls and floors, even though I cannot physically interact with things while I do so." He explains to her with a small shrug. If she had some sort of transportation magic she would probably have a better time. If there were any secret passages and portals, he had little knowledge of them.
Miziki Kurone

Miziki nodded. Maybe she'd finally be able to get that to work for her? After all, she used spirit magic, and taking on the properties of a ghost was one such thing she could do. Though, she'd much rather find her way around otherwise. "Oh. I see. Makes sense. What kind of magic can you do?" She asked her. She hoped she wasn't annoying him with all of the questions, but she also wanted to learn as much about a potential teacher as possible too.

Mitchs98 said:
Miziki KuroneMiziki nodded. Maybe she'd finally be able to get that to work for her? After all, she used spirit magic, and taking on the properties of a ghost was one such thing she could do. Though, she'd much rather find her way around otherwise. "Oh. I see. Makes sense. What kind of magic can you do?" She asked her. She hoped she wasn't annoying him with all of the questions, but she also wanted to learn as much about a potential teacher as possible too.
"I teach healing and illusion magic here at the academy. I also know Necromancy as well but I don't teach most students anything involving that, so don't ask me for lessons on it." He replies to her. Given that school of magic ' s reputation and many involving it had a long history of being viewed unfavorably. Not that he minded it. He just kept most of the spells and his experiments to himself, unless he had a very good reason not to do so. The sole reason he got into it in the first was taking a desperate gamble in an emergency situation, but he was pleased overall with the results.

Mitchs98 said:
Senki TazuyaSenki frowned slightly when Ms. Yves told her she'd more or less have to figure it out herself. Oh well. She just hoped they'd be tolerable, as long as it wasn't Akane she could live with them fine. The last thing she needed was to be reminded she was an amnesiac 24/7 by that girl. "Oh. I see. Well then, I guess you're right. Just hope it's someone nice." She replied, shrugging. She also hoped they'd be there soon, she was still sore all over despite the healing magic. Right now the one thing she wanted above all was a nice shower and some rest.

Zadaine blushed again and Ms. Yves's nudge. Why is she picking on me? He thought. Zane tossed his red locks from his face looking over at Senki,

"Don't worry about it. You have a nice personality and easy to talk to, you'll have no problems." He smiled, hoping to comfort her a bit.

@Veyd Sahvoz @ScarlettRose16Mitchs98

Users who are viewing this thread

Back