• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Code Lyoko - Rise of Xana

The return to the past program should fix everything even Jay's nose. Any more questions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peter stepped out of the scanner, stretching his arms. "Well, that was a wild ride," he said as he climbed up the ladder. "I wonder if the princess is okay."

"Fox" Ebony said, her heart rate picking up. "I did try to pull you out. There was some kind of error or something. You also have a friend near you of unknown species. Hide somewhere or maybe kill yourself. Gah! I don't know what to do! Um, return to the past, return to the past…". She kept muttering that over and over again, digging through the clutter of files looking for return to the past.

"Perfect." He drew his sword again and looked around. He took cover behind the tower. The buzzing became louder. He tried cutting himself with his sword. Nothing. "Easy way out isn't working." He sounded slightly panicked now. Finally the shadow came to show it's form. "Ebony, what is that thing!" He yelled and began fighting. All that could be heard of him was static and the hits from his sword against the unknown. Then static only for a long time. Finally, his voice came back. "Guys, it's dissolved my sword. I cant kill it. It's doesn't seem to want to let me leave. Doesn't fire lasers or anything. I found a crevice but it's coming up fast. I don't think I'm coming back." Static grew louder and louder.

"NO!" Ebony shouted. "You ARE coming back. Jay, you have experience in there, go help! You too, James!" She was typing furiously now.

"Fox! Don't say things like that! Ebony there's got to be something you can do!" Kiara's worst fears were being made into reality. The chance of losing one of her new-found friends that she had gotten along with. She felt powerless at the time as she listened to Fox fight and speak. He was being drowned out and in her desperation she ran to his scanner and tried to pry it open. She was hysterically yelling, "I'm going to pull you out of there and then squeeze you to death, you hear me?!"

James looks at the keyboard and gets behind the person at the computer. He enters a few keys and then hits enter. A bright light fills the room an when it gone there all back to where they were when the day began. Or at least he hoped so.

(Starting this back at lunch for convenience)

Ebony was talking to everyone like nothing new had happened. Jay just got there and sat down. "So that must have been return to the past. Interesting. Wait, where's Fox? Wasn't he here last time?"

----------------------------------------

"Last time? Have you lost it Jay? Anyway, wana check out the Factory after school?" Ebony said.

--------------------------------

"Oh, right" Jay said hitting his head with the heel of his hand. "You have to have visited the virtual world first before the return to the past no longer affects you. Still, where is Fox?"

"I'm gone. It's no use. Just stay there. I'll be fine." More sounds of struggle played back as static grew even more. "That thing has too many arms." He started yelling and screaming hysterically. His next few words were pained and squeezed out. "Beat this stupid thing! Don't let it win!" He cries apexed and faded until it died. Light flashed through the world and his scanner opened. Empty, except for his sabre. The sound went dead. No static, no voice, nothing. He disappeared from the monitor like he was never there. Silence again in an empty factory. One looped sound file was still loaded. His last pained words.

James walks up to the friends at the table. If your friends not here then Xana has him. And Xana... plays for keeps.

"We should check the factory" Nick said standing up and quickly downing several bites of food. He also grabbed another piece of chicken for the road and headed to the park.

(Night guys)

Kiara had no recollection of what had happened since she had not been in the scanner before. She looked at Ebony, "Did I miss something?" She was watched the strange boy approach the table and talk about the virtual world. "Who is this? How-what?" Too many questions were hitting her and she wasn't sure of where Fox was. (I'll be back tomorrow too. Goodnight.)

Peter gave a short gasp of surprise before coming to himself inside the factory. "What was that?" He said to himself. "Did we just go back in time?" Peter saw he had a sandwich in hand, so they must have gone back to lunch time. Still, something didn't feel right. Taking the ladder down to the scanner room, he found a sword in one of the open scanners. It was Fox's. "Oh, no." Peter reached for his phone and called Jay, saying, "Jay? Is Fox with you guys?"

((Alright, I probably won't be back until around 2:45-3:00 P.M. Pacific time, so don't post ahead without me.))

"This is James" Jay explained. "He had similar experiences to us, just more tragic. An evil virus named Xana created a bunch of chaos yesterday and we found what might be a person trapped inside the computer so Fox Peter and I went in to find her. I was pulled out to open up a scanner, but she could not be devirtualized. They did something to fix the real world and you tried to pull the others out, but Fox could not be pulled out and something happened to him. James activated the return to the past, but only those who have visited the virtual reality remember anything before the time jump." His phone rang and he picked it up. "Hello? No, Fox isn't here. What did you find". He was at the manhole cover and ripped it open, taking the shortcut to the factory. He was also trying his best to ignore James's comment, hoping he was wrong and just somewhere else.

James puts his right hand over his heart and gives a slight bow in greeting to Kiara. He takes off after Jay to be sure he was right about his theory. Also he promised proof that the person in the computer was human and he would be darned if he went back on a promise.

Listening to Jay's summary of yesterday's events, Kiara really had no recollection of anything and was disappointed about it. She was mad at herself for failing to open the stupid pod. I hope Fox is okay... If not, we need to get him back! It seemed that they were lucky for James to come back around and Kiara smiled as he boy gave her a formal bow before running off. If they had met earlier, she didn't remember but she was glad to have met him again. Turning to Ebony, she stated, "We should probably get to the factory too. We need to talk to everyone and we should probably get in those scanners so we don't become random amnesiacs again."

"His sword. In the scanner." Peter said, picking up the sword and climbing up the ladder. He hopped onto the console and checked for any history from before time was turned, finding a sound file when he brought up the monitor screen on the keyboard. Listening to it, a sign of concern appeared on his face. "This can't be good."

Jay ran ahead of everyone and only took a break once he was in the elevator, and didn't wait for anyone to catch up. The elevator opened on the computer level and he straightened out from his position with his hands on his knees. Walking over he said "What's... not good?" he asked between breaths. He then noted the sword laying on the sword from its resting position on the ground and his eyes welled up with tears. Fox was not only his room mate, but his first friend on campus. Fox was the first one to make an effort to try and warm up to Jay. He would do everything in his power to get him back.

"Here, listen," Peter said, playing back the audio file Fox left behind. "Something happened to him before we went back."

Jay carefully listened to the recording. Without another word he walked over to the ladder and climbed up it. He had no clue where it lead or where he wanted to go, but he needed to get out. He ran deeper into the factory than he had ever ventured. He found a dark corner and sat down, laying the sword next to him. He just wanted to be alone.

James watched him flee. He knew something like this would happen eventually. Xana always wanted it's own avatars. He would need information on the missing comrade so as to hopefully foresee how he might act now that he was under Xana's control. He silently fallowed Jay but at a good distance so as to not be caught. After what James felt was fifteen minuets he came out if hiding and approched Jay.

"What do you want?" Jay asked, never looking up from Fox's sword. "If you are here to say "I told you so", then please just walk in the other direction. I just need some time, ok?' He wasn't sure how much longer he could keep the tears inside.

James sits next to him and stays silent for a bit. He then starts to talk but doesn't look at Jay. "You know... this is the exact same spot I came to when I lost my entire team. I was their leader on the battle field. I was supposed to be the strongest but I wasn't. I had failed them all and ran away from it all instead of keeping my promise and defending Lyoko. Look at is both. A sorry lot we are but there's one thing that can and will drive us both to get stronger. Do you want to know what that is?"

"Yah?" Jay asked. "How do you figure that?" He was still a bit distant mentally, but he thought that might change. One thing was sure, as long as Xana had Fox he would fight to get him back if nothing else.

"You and I are the same. We're strong in Lyoko and we will never give up. I can see the sparks in your eyes from here. You're not going to give up with out a fight. The thing that drives me an now drives you is revenge. It will make us stronger. You want revenge for your friend and I... I want revenge for her. Xana took her and now that I'm stronger I'll beat it and get my revenge."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back