• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A Nation In Havoc OOC

New player?

• Yes

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dude, I've got about eleven pages of forensics, a math review and test tomorrow, an English essay, and a government review all due in like a week.

Will I work on any of this at home?
Naaaahhhhh

View attachment 312520

Cwzobw8XEAAanMQ.jpg:large

Yep...

I sigh... and deploy meme!

IMG_0292.JPG

Sooo... memes aside.

I've been thinking our characters should see some sort of migration of refugees from areas effected by The Shattering. Those that didn't turn to bandits are moving towards the next human city, which according to our trusty map is The Askary Republic.

And what happened to the Dwarves? Did the entire race perish in The Shattering? Or did they have a contingency plan? Or will we never find out?

Duke of Doge Duke of Doge Rhaine Rhaine
Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak Gridlock Gridlock

The dwarves- Its like what happened to the dwarves in LOTR when smaug came. Home went bye bye, had to leave, lots of death.

I dont have anything set is stone for the republic... or any country aside from Dalania. So im open to ideas from you guys

Buried in his shoulder I'd say.
Rhaine Rhaine
Alright then maybe we can bend reality a little bit and say it didn't damage anything that will impede his range of motion for life and that surgery isn't necessary and that maybe we can even pull it out like they do in the movies? Unless you were aiming for it to be super serious and detrimental- I'm just thinking about treatment.

Wait, which would be worse? My knowledge of wounds and their effects on the human body is severely lacking. I meant for a minor injury, but I realize video games and action movies are not the best sources for realism. Maybe it grazed him, or hit him in the arm?

Rhaine Rhaine

Wait, which would be worse? My knowledge of wounds and their effects on the human body is severely lacking. I meant for a minor injury, but I realize video games and action movies are not the best sources for realism. Maybe it grazed him, or hit him in the arm?

Rhaine Rhaine
Yeah I was asking if you wanted to go the action movie/video game route where we can just pull it out without serious complications unlike real life and just treat it like a regular wound. Grazed is fine with me if you want to do that instead. Stitches are a pretty chill treatment compared to what he'd realistically need with the arrowhead buried in his shoulder.

Well, if we really want to get realistic, we'd need to know what type of point the arrow had. Most likely a broadhead considering it was kinda the default for arrows in medieval times.

We'd also need to know distance and the draw weight of the bow used. As someone who practices archery myself- a over 60 pound draw weight bow with a sharp broadhead can and has on alot of occasions- shot clean through a grizzly bear. So odds are, unless the bow used was weak as fuck, it probably would have gone through his shoulder and out the other side.

I'd say, because of the amount of bone in the shoulder, the arrow would have gone through half way, so the point went through and some of the shaft, but not all the way down to the fletching.

To treat it, you'd want to pull the arrow through the other side from the point end.

IF it was stuck inside the shoulder, push the arrow through to the other side, pulling out a broadhead the same way it came in make it worse.

This is what I would have said last night during this discussion, but I was asleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back