• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Welcome to the Pantheon (Always Open!)

Caius had been listening in on the conversation for a while now. A human at mount Olympus? A pretty human at mount Olympus? It sure sounded like a lot of fun. Fun and trouble.

He walked towards Virian and rested his hand on his shoulder. "So how and why did you get that human up here? Another one of your common night stands?", Caius asked with a provocative smile. He found it strange that someone like Virian would actually fall for someone, for a mortal, so he couldn't quite believe him.

Mnemosyne

The woman had been standing there, listening, and though she agreed that humans had no place among Gods, it was interesting, the prospect of another Goddess.

But humans becoming Gods, all willy nilly? Mnemosyne, whom had never been human, couldn't imagine it.

Thranduil

Thranduil had a tired expression in his face as he considered his job in the next days. He would have to keep a close eye in the other Gods to make sure that they wouldn't harm the human physically.

IronManatee said:
Caius had been listening in on the conversation for a while now. A human at mount Olympus? A pretty human at mount Olympus? It sure sounded like a lot of fun. Fun and trouble.
He walked towards Virian and rested his hand on his shoulder. "So how and why did you get that human up here? Another one of your common night stands?", Caius asked with a provocative smile. He found it strange that someone like Virian would actually fall for someone, for a mortal, so he couldn't quite believe him.
"Don't worry." Virian said with a smirk. "You can still come by and visit."

Morgana growled at M. He was so irritating! But she kept her composure, if she even tried attacking now then it would end not very well. Besdies, attacking like that is not what she usually does. She looked at Virian, "You had better be serious about this mortal. Look, how's about this deal. I set up the date for you," She waited.

Rukia said:

Thranduil

Thranduil had a tired expression in his face as he considered his job in the next days. He would have to keep a close eye in the other Gods to make sure that they wouldn't harm the human physically.
Mnemosyne

The goddess would put a gentle hand on Thranduil's elbow, leaning forward. "Ready to eat? I know you must be tired." She said, with an apologetic smile. She felt very sorry for her friend, and how he took it upon himself to be involved. He looked so tired!

Mnemosyne decided she would have to work extra hard to help Thranduil. "Would you like to eat in my commons, or somewhere else? I'm sure they can handle themselves for now." She said, a bit doubtful.

Thranduil

Thranduil rose his hand to hold Mnemosyne's when she touched his elbow,the movement almost seeming unconscious. He smiled at her her comment about himself,shaking his head lightly.

"Don't worry,my friend. I am okay,this is just me turning into an old man." He chuckled and gestured for them to leave the room,although he still kept sending worried glances to the Gods behind him. "How about we eat in my commons,this time? The fruits and vegetables in my garden are perfect this time of the year."

He seemed proud of his job.

@Xan

Last edited by a moderator:
Rukia said:

Thranduil

Thranduil rose his hand to hold Mnemosyne's when she touched his elbow,the movement almost seeming unconscious. He smiled at her her comment about himself,shaking his head lightly.

"Don't worry,my friend. I am okay,this is just me turning into an old man." He chuckled and gestured for them to leave the room,although he still kept sending worried glances to the Gods behind him. "How about we eat in my commons,this time? The fruits and vegetables in my garden are perfect this time of the year."

He seemed proud of his job.

@Xan
Mnemosyne

The goddess grinned mirthfully, squeezing the god's hand tight. "Were you not an old man before?" She pondered in jest, before leading him away, down the halls she knew would take them to Thranduil's home.

"That sounds lovely!" Mnemosyne said, maybe a bit too excited for the prospect of getting to see Thranduil's garden, never the less eat from it. "While you are at it, you can quit fretting." The goddess admonished softly.

[QUOTE="Safety Hammer]"Don't worry." Virian said with a smirk. "You can still come by and visit."

[/QUOTE]
Caius gave him a hard pat on the back. "You silly b-" He didn't even finish his sentence.

"So, what are you-", his gaze went back and forth between Virian and Morgana, "going to do? Are you going to try to help that mortal stay here with us?", he asked, pretending as if he was interested in this whole dispute.

Thranduil

Thranduil laughed this time,the sound of his voice causing reminders of leaves being moved by the wind in the minds of people near him. When he managed to stop himself,he nodded to Mnemosyne.

"I can't remember a time when I wasn't sticking to the background and watching the other Gods with a brooding expression. So yes,I guess I was born as an old man." His smile made his eyes shine. "But I have always had you near me,and art is very lively by design. You are the only thing keeping me from entering some dark cave and staying there forever."

He allowed his friend to lead him,following her steps closely. The door to his garden was made of oak,vines growing around it.

"I promise I will try to stop worrying...at least for a few seconds." He smirked and pushed the doors open.

The sun always seemed to shine a bit brighter and warmer in his garden. He walked to one of the trees and picked some apples,heading for his plantation of carrots next. Everything looked very colorful,and the soft sounds of animals resonated through his garden. Thranduil sighed,feeling himself calming immediately.

Colours+of+early+summer+in+the+middle+garden.jpg

@Xan

IronManatee said:
Caius gave him a hard pat on the back. "You silly b-" He didn't even finish his sentence.
"So, what are you-", his gaze went back and forth between Virian and Morgana, "going to do? Are you going to try to help that mortal stay here with us?", he asked, pretending as if he was interested in this whole dispute.
"Oh, are you too good to join me in my bed, now?" Virian said with a cheeky smile.

[QUOTE="RedTeam Grif]Morgana growled at M. He was so irritating! But she kept her composure, if she even tried attacking now then it would end not very well. Besdies, attacking like that is not what she usually does. She looked at Virian, "You had better be serious about this mortal. Look, how's about this deal. I set up the date for you," She waited.

[/QUOTE]
"YES?" Virian pressed.

(Also, who is going to control the mortal?)

M then grabbed his coat and stormed out of the house. He began searching around Mt.Olympus, looking for the mortal.

GreenEyedStranger said:
(Also, who is going to control the mortal?)
M then grabbed his coat and stormed out of the house. He began searching around Mt.Olympus, looking for the mortal.
(Uh, @Capricornus since it's her character..)

Helena was woken up from her tiny nap by the sound of people arguing not too far away from her room. She sat up on her bed, scratching her head. "Ugh, did I actually fall asleep for a bunch of minutes?",she asked herself in confusion.

This whole morning had been way too exhausting for her. She stretched one last time before standing up. She looked at her phone. She still had some time to waste before afternoon, so she decided to walk around the mountain for some more time, since she hadn't seen everything yet. In case anyone was looking for her, she left a small note behind: "I went for a walk, should be back soon!"

Rukia said:

Thranduil

Thranduil laughed this time,the sound of his voice causing reminders of leaves being moved by the wind in the minds of people near him. When he managed to stop himself,he nodded to Mnemosyne.

"I can't remember a time when I wasn't sticking to the background and watching the other Gods with a brooding expression. So yes,I guess I was born as an old man." His smile made his eyes shine. "But I have always had you near me,and art is very lively by design. You are the only thing keeping me from entering some dark cave and staying there forever."

He allowed his friend to lead him,following her steps closely. The door to his garden was made of oak,vines growing around it.

"I promise I will try to stop worrying...at least for a few seconds." He smirked and pushed the doors open.

The sun always seemed to shine a bit brighter and warmer in his garden. He walked to one of the trees and picked some apples,heading for his plantation of carrots next. Everything looked very colorful,and the soft sounds of animals resonated through his garden. Thranduil sighed,feeling himself calming immediately.

Colours+of+early+summer+in+the+middle+garden.jpg

@Xan
Mnemosyne

Mnemosyne also laughed, lightly swatting at the man. "Don't be ridiculous, there isn't not enough flora and fauna in caves to keep you there." She said. "Old men belong in their gardens, plain and simple."

And at the promise, Mnemosyne relaxed. She had no problem leaving others be, but Thranduil always seemed to have a knack for getting involved.

Arguably, Thranduil's garden was the best in heaven and on Earth. After all, he had ever means to keep it that way. It delighted Mnemosyne everytime she saw it, and the woman had to restrain herself from immediately breaking into a run to be amongst the flowers. Nature was an art itself, though one she held no dominion over.

"It's always so nice here. I sometimes wish I could bring a piece of it to come live with me," she said. "Though I'm sure it would not be as happy with me as it would be with you."

Thranduil

Thranduil always felt happiness in allowing Mnemosyne to enter his garden. She was one of the few Gods who seemed to actually appreciate his work with nature,her eyes shining just like the first time she had entered his dominion. The other Gods would usually ignore his house,although that was all well with him. Nature works from the background and prefers solitude.

"I actually do think that this place needs more of a feminine touch,Mnemosyne. You should move your musical room here. I can arrange the plants to allow space for that. This way,you can always be close to my garden."

He finished picking ingredients and gestured for Mnemosyne to enter his house. The place was simple and made of wood and stone,as Thranduil felt uncomfortable in the middle of luxury.

"You may sit on the table and ask for anything you like,my helpers will have it set in front of you in a minute."

log-homes-modern-houses-eco-homes-9.jpg

@Xan

Capricornus said:
Helena was woken up from her tiny nap by the sound of people arguing not too far away from her room. She sat up on her bed, scratching her head. "Ugh, did I actually fall asleep for a bunch of minutes?",she asked herself in confusion.
This whole morning had been way too exhausting for her. She stretched one last time before standing up. She looked at her phone. She still had some time to waste before afternoon, so she decided to walk around the mountain for some more time, since she hadn't seen everything yet. In case anyone was looking for her, she left a small note behind: "I went for a walk, should be back soon!"
On his walk, M caught sight of the mortal. She stood out from the rest of the gods, mostly because of her aura. He had a plan... M approached jovially

"Ah. Hello! You must be the mortal right? Allow me to introduce myself, I am M, God of Order. How are you finding your stay here?"

Rukia said:

Thranduil

Thranduil always felt happiness in allowing Mnemosyne to enter his garden. She was one of the few Gods who seemed to actually appreciate his work with nature,her eyes shining just like the first time she had entered his dominion. The other Gods would usually ignore his house,although that was all well with him. Nature works from the background and prefers solitude.

"I actually do think that this place needs more of a feminine touch,Mnemosyne. You should move your musical room here. I can arrange the plants to allow space for that. This way,you can always be close to my garden."

He finished picking ingredients and gestured for Mnemosyne to enter his house. The place was simple and made of wood and stone,as Thranduil felt uncomfortable in the middle of luxury.

"You may sit on the table and ask for anything you like,my helpers will have it set in front of you in a minute."

log-homes-modern-houses-eco-homes-9.jpg

@Xan
Mnemosyne

The idea of moving her music room in here was a good one, and she could just imagine playing among all these beautiful things. "Oh, you mean it? That's a wonderful idea, Thranduil!" She said excitedly, clasping her hands together just at the prospect of it. It wouldn't be hard, though they would need to move a few things. Or maybe she could construct a stone gazebo. After all she didn't really need all that space.

Still giddy with the prospect, Mnemosyne entered his house, which was a bit like her own home, though admittedly hers was much more extravagant. She had a love for stained glass windows, so she had made it a point to include them in every room, along with any sort of paintings, murals, or other works of art she enjoyed.

Now entering the dining room, Mnemosyne realized she didn't really have any sort of idea of what she would like to eat. She took a seat, carefully arranging her skirts before pondering her options, staring rather intensely at Thranduil's helpers. She leaned forward. "Could I possibly get a simple selection of fruits, please?" She asked curiously.

Thranduil

The helpers had a humanoid look to them,although they were made out of trees. They bowed politely to the Goddess before walking into the kitchen.

A soft sound of plates was heard in the room and the helpers soon were back. They placed a huge bowl in the table with one sample of every fruit in the world.

Thranduil couldn't help but laugh loudly at the scene.

"I don't think they get the concept of "simple selection". Just reach in and pick whichever fruit you like. I'm very particular to grapes myself."

The helpers came back into the room carrying a beautiful coloured salad,this one for Thranduil.

@Xan

Rukia said:

Thranduil

The helpers had a humanoid look to them,although they were made out of trees. They bowed politely to the Goddess before walking into the kitchen.

A soft sound of plates was heard in the room and the helpers soon were back. They placed a huge bowl in the table with one sample of every fruit in the world.

Thranduil couldn't help but laugh loudly at the scene.

"I don't think they get the concept of "simple selection". Just reach in and pick whichever fruit you like. I'm very particular to grapes myself."

The helpers came back into the room carrying a beautiful coloured salad,this one for Thranduil.

@Xan
Mnemosyne

The helpers sort of reminded Mnemosyne of her own familiars, though they were usually made up of paper or bits of colored tile, and clung to her like children. Even now, she could feel one take form and clutch at her skirts, tying to hide under the table. It sort of amused her that Thranduil's helpers were more helpful than her own familiars.

Upon seeing this huge bowl, Mnemosyne realized her folly, and immediately felt delighted and overwhelmed by the selection. Oh course, there was pomegrantes- though she refused to pick those, because she was sure to just stain her face and fingers trying to eat them. She was fascinated by all the other fruits though, many of which she hadn't even been aware they existed.

Mnemosyne wasn't good at choosing, so she blindly thrust her hand into the bowl, picking up what would appear to be a kumquat. The goddess withdrew her hand, intensely examining the fruit.

Then she popped it in her mouth, given it wasn't very big. And to her surprise, Kumquats did not taste like Apricots, as she suspected. They sounded alike enough, so why shouldn't they?

(Had to google how to eat a Kumquat. They look like mini oranges but apparently you just eat them peel and all, like grapes.)

(I love those,good choice!)

Thranduil

Thranduil watched Mnemosyne eating with a smile. He didn't have to ask what was happening with her,they were very good at deciphering each other after centuries of being in her company.

"It doesn't taste like you would expect,does it? Consider it my kind of surprise."

He ate his own salad quickly,enjoying the tastes of the vegetables he had created himself. He sighed happily as he finished. One servant quickly arrived and picked his plate up.

"I really wish I had more time to spend like this...simply relaxing. Well,I guess I will cherish the moments I do have."

Another servant approached him with a jug of cashew juice and two cups. Thranduil thanked him politely.

@Xan

Rukia said:
(I love those,good choice!)

Thranduil

Thranduil watched Mnemosyne eating with a smile. He didn't have to ask what was happening with her,they were very good at deciphering each other after centuries of being in her company.

"It doesn't taste like you would expect,does it? Consider it my kind of surprise."

He ate his own salad quickly,enjoying the tastes of the vegetables he had created himself. He sighed happily as he finished. One servant quickly arrived and picked his plate up.

"I really wish I had more time to spend like this...simply relaxing. Well,I guess I will cherish the moments I do have."

Another servant approached him with a jug of cashew juice and two cups. Thranduil thanked him politely.

@Xan
Mnemosyne

Mnemosyne smiled sheepishly, reaching for another Kumquat. "No it did not. I'm not sure exactly what I expected it to taste like." The woman admitted before quietly eating the Kumquats she had collected. They weren't bad, if not an interesting thing to pull open and look at. But that was just the artist in her thinking, as she eyeballed the other fruits in all their oddities.

She didn't mean to be such a slow eater, it was rather just her fascination with what she was eating that hindered her.

"Sometimes I fear I do not cherish these moments enough, or that it's presumptuous of me to wish for more. Time really is precious, even if our's is unlimited." She said absently, trying to figure out if she should swallow a kumquat seed or risk looking foolish and spitting it out.

Thranduil

Thranduil smiled as he watched Mnemosyne tasting his creations. He thought he would never get tired of that image.

A soft voice popped through his mind and Thranduil chuckled,pushing himself up.

"My house plants are complaining that I didn't water them today. They don't really need the water since they are immortal,but they just like the feeling of it."

He turned around to walk to one of his plants that was standing in the corner of the room,but stopped suddenly.

An immense pain rose in Thranduil's chest and he gasped,having to lean against the wall by his side.

'Nonono not now...'

He had managed to keep this secret from the other Gods so far,but this time Mnemosyne was standing right in the room. It only happened once in every century. The pain of humanity destroying nature was converted to a single point in time. He usually held the damage inside himself so it wouldn't harm the humans.

It usually wasn't this strong,but this time it spread all over his body. Thranduil found himself falling forward,dropping the jar in the ground as he blacked out against the floor.

@Xan

GreenEyedStranger said:
On his walk, M caught sight of the mortal. She stood out from the rest of the gods, mostly because of her aura. He had a plan... M approached jovially
"Ah. Hello! You must be the mortal right? Allow me to introduce myself, I am M, God of Order. How are you finding your stay here?"

Helena introduced herself. She bowed: "Ah, hello. My name is Helena, and I'm really enjoying my stay so far."

She didn't know what it was about that god, M, but, even though he introducedhhimself politely, there was something really intimidating about him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back