• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Warhammer 40K: The Interex Valhalla

Ok, I think I got the turn order done:

Carth

Warp Puppet #1

Nieli

Warp Puppet #2

Naomi

Snuffles

Apharius

Warp Puppet #3

Warp Puppet #4

Apollo

Kara

Of course Carth went first. Did you expect anything else?

I'll start a post going, but I probably won't finish it, since it's a little past midnight right now and I should go to sleep.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fezzes said:
Of course Carth went first. Did you expect anything else?
I'll start a post going, but I probably won't finish it, since it's a little past midnight right now and I should go to sleep.
Hmm, what time zone are you all in? I stopped posting a bit after midnight here.

@Protagonist, I'm going to roll my lore(tech) here in advance so Naomi can hopefully identify the shield on her turn. Also, is Nieli still hidden? I never specified otherwise, and there's no reason she'd stop hiding other than to shoot someone in the face.

[dice]22143[/dice]

Nope, don't know what the device is. Missed it by 10. Arg.

Eplov said:
Hmm, what time zone are you all in? I stopped posting a bit after midnight here.
@Protagonist, I'm going to roll my lore(tech) here in advance so Naomi can hopefully identify the shield on her turn. Also, is Nieli still hidden? I never specified otherwise, and there's no reason she'd stop hiding other than to shoot someone in the face.

[dice]22143[/dice]

Nope, don't know what the device is. Missed it by 10. Arg.
Oh, I forgot that. Yeah, she can stay hidden. Where in the book does it talk about rules for staying hidden?

Protagonist said:
Oh, I forgot that. Yeah, she can stay hidden. Where in the book does it talk about rules for staying hidden?
Skill description is on 80 of the core book. Doesn't say but I assume she would normally reroll every so often to keep it going.

Oh, I just re read your post. Tech wasn't even an option for identifying the shield. Willl forbidden lore (archeotech) or (xenos) help?

Eplov said:
Oh, I just re read your post. Tech wasn't even an option for identifying the shield. Willl forbidden lore (archeotech) or (xenos) help?
They wouldn't work either, unfortunately.

Protagonist said:
They wouldn't work either, unfortunately.
Lame. Guess it's up to the Psycher and Arch Militant then. Did I need to re roll consealment or is Nieli still hidden with the original roll?

Eplov said:
Lame. Guess it's up to the Psycher and Arch Militant then. Did I need to re roll consealment or is Nieli still hidden with the original roll?
Nah, she'd still be concealed.

Protagonist said:
The Emperor wanted to abolish all religions. As Fezzes pointed out, he killed the last Christian on Terra. Apollo, however, probably wouldn't know that either, since he lived in Interex (a non-Imperium government) that fought against the Imperium during the Great Crusade and assumed they were allies of Chaos.
It's theoretically possible that Christianity made the jump into space along with mankind (so there might have been Christians across space during the age of Strife that were later destroyed by the Imperium), though it does sound a bit jarring to invoke the Abrahamic God in this setting.
I was wondering about this. In Horus Rising they describe the Interex as tall (nearly astartes height) and thin, likely from genetic manipulation, and they're constantly being followed around by musicians that translate every language. How tall is Apollo? And does he have his own band following him around?

Eplov said:
I was wondering about this. In Horus Rising they describe the Interex as tall (nearly astartes height) and thin, likely from genetic manipulation, and they're constantly being followed around by musicians that translate every language. How tall is Apollo? And does he have his own band following him around?
I have yet to read the Horus Rising book, actually. I'm mostly going off of what I read about it on the internet, but it was relatively difficult to find information (so apologies in advance if I get things wrong-I wasn't aware of the height thing).

Apollo's relatively tall, but not Astartes height (a little over 6'). They do have musical universal translation, though, and Apollo's taste in music is not a coincidence. He doesn't yet have a band, though-I'm thinking the Oracles will come to serve a similar role.

As for other technology: He has both Centaur Armor and Plasma Crossbows, but he doesn't have the training to use either. He'll very likely break them out in the future, however.

Speaking of Oracles: I'm thinking I'll play a second character who's an Oracle (a reskinned a missionary). After we're done with this mission, that is.

So, 55 BS, +10 for a Semi-auto Burst, and I'd say they aren't farther away than 55 metres, but they're not Point Blank, so that'd be Close range. So +20 overall modifier. Missing anything?

Fezzes said:
So, 55 BS, +10 for a Semi-auto Burst, and I'd say they aren't farther away than 55 metres, but they're not Point Blank, so that'd be Close range. So +20 overall modifier. Missing anything?
No, I think that'll work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back