• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy War of the Magi [OPEN] (Character Creation and OOC)

Main
Here
Thanks. ^_^

I'll probably start the roleplay soon and assign all the room numbers once characters are fully finished, since the introductory phase will probably take a few posts.
time for me to sort which codes to use for each char...

Obsethine and the Prince is crazy especially due to his personality of controlment 😂🤩🤩💕

Also. Stag. Troublemaker.

Likes to trick. If Obsethine doesn't put Sekhemi in his place I'm sure Stag will. Lol especially if or more likely when he threatens one or both of them.

Also. Stag. Troublemaker.

Likes to trick. If Obsethine doesn't put Sekhemi in his place I'm sure Stag will. Lol especially if or more likely when he threatens one or both of them.
That is so true. I see Stag hating on Sekhemi- everyone at first sight!

How much normal technology is in this world, btw? Like, is everything but the candles powered by Magi souls, or could one ethically use a telephone?
Not everything is powered by Magi Souls. The only thing powered by Magi Souls are things like weapons, Magi Tech Armor, Gear, and War based Assets. There isn't enough Magi Souls to put Souls into every day items yet.

Not everything is powered by Magi Souls. The only thing powered by Magi Souls are things like weapons, Magi Tech Armor, Gear, and War based Assets. There isn't enough Magi Souls to put Souls into every day items yet.
We can fix that. With proper breeding programs, or Kodoku just getting powerful enough, we can manufacture all the souls they need.

The main roleplay has officially begun.

Characters are still being made and nobody has arrived at Academy Grounds yet anyway. So I'll set roommates later officially.

Statistically, there is bound to be one or more groups of humans that realize the value of manufacturing the power sources that are bottlenecking production. Those humans, even if the others would prefer my death, would work to keep me alive and producing those things. They would take actions to ensure that output increased. Pure self interest makes the interests of those folks aligned with mine as long as production from my side requires them to meet my needs and desires. The humans would not be it's first choice, but as has been made quite evident, the magi side has little reason to value it with the resources they already have at their disposal. The human side, or at least the portion of them interested in using it to manufacture souls, would value it (almost definitionally so with the sub set that wants to use it to manufacture souls). With being valued comes the leverage to get things you want from them. Plus, it is another potential way to end the war. Why fight and waste resources with the war when you can simply pump a fraction of those resources into meeting the demands to manufacture what you were having to steal before? This is why war has become less common in the modern world and trade has grown. It is more effective to get the resources of other nations by trading than by conquest.

Statistically, there is bound to be one or more groups of humans that realize the value of manufacturing the power sources that are bottlenecking production. Those humans, even if the others would prefer my death, would work to keep me alive and producing those things. They would take actions to ensure that output increased. Pure self interest makes the interests of those folks aligned with mine as long as production from my side requires them to meet my needs and desires. The humans would not be it's first choice, but as has been made quite evident, the magi side has little reason to value it with the resources they already have at their disposal. The human side, or at least the portion of them interested in using it to manufacture souls, would value it (almost definitionally so with the sub set that wants to use it to manufacture souls). With being valued comes the leverage to get things you want from them. Plus, it is another potential way to end the war. Why fight and waste resources with the war when you can simply pump a fraction of those resources into meeting the demands to manufacture what you were having to steal before? This is why war has become less common in the modern world and trade has grown. It is more effective to get the resources of other nations by trading than by conquest.
True and you bring up good points too but some humans are fighting to destroy magi completely, some are fighting for fun.

But yeah, definitely. There would definitely be humans or people who'd value it's abilities and potential strike a deal with it. It was something I have already been considering.

Quibbles Quibbles

What's wrong with Manta? It isn't like he has a giant water snake coiled around him protectively. Lol.

And hey, maybe the big dragon wants to play?

Kodoku can't read minds. If the big dragon wants to play, it will have to be more outwardly demonstrative of such. I noted it mostly narratively because Manta was, from my understanding, using magics to pick up on the thoughts and feelings of others and that was a thought or feeling that might be of interest. If the big dragon wants to play or cuddle, Kodoku is happy to do so.

Kodoku can't read minds. If the big dragon wants to play, it will have to be more outwardly demonstrative of such. I noted it mostly narratively because Manta was, from my understanding, using magics to pick up on the thoughts and feelings of others and that was a thought or feeling that might be of interest. If the big dragon wants to play or cuddle, Kodoku is happy to do so.

Lol. I figured as much. I was just making a joke. Draco is definitely not the playing kind of dragon.

I really like your informative OOC posts honestly. ^_^ but yes, Manta is using magic to pick up on thoughts and feelings as you said while Neptune watches.

I am slightly curious though as to why it immediately wanted to pet Green.

Tiny, less dangerous than the bigger dragon. Dragon scale would be a new and interesting texture. I imagine they have a concept what manta ray flesh feels like and could make assumptions about Manta's flesh. While it is nice, and they would find it pleasant to pet or cuddle Manta, it isn't novel. Dragon scale would be novel. They might or might not like it, but they won't know until they try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back