• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The world of a thousand legends (always open)

The world of Xeria, quite a beautiful place no matter what your perspective of beautiful is since it has literally everything. From the badlands in the west to the freezing mountains of Galla in the north to the lush green forest of Kora in the east.

Well you get the gist of it, there's a lot of places to visit. But here comes the big question, Who are you? The leader of some demon army? A hero? A trader? A dragon? Your story is for you to forge, your adventurers are for you to discover.

Inderigo, a calm breeze has entered a quarter of an hour a go and it has yet to stop in this beautiful village. Marcus gets his bag of items and walks around with his young friend he likes to call Lissy. They were in no hurry; they just got here. There has yet to be a customer today. He watches the area he was in, the center of the village. Marcus was like a sentry, protecting whatever was in the area. He was protecting something something in the area, and that was Lissy.

"Lissy, I know you're bored. Here, have this."

Marcus rummages his merchandise and found a small circular object that looks like a ball. It wasn't heavy. In fact, it felt light and easy to throw around. He holds out his hand to give it to the small child, hoping it could act as a boredom buster in another long day.

@Federen Mason

"Thanks for the ride." Shade, as the boy was by now used to being called leapt off the ship onto shore. He hit a tree and stumbled backwards, almost falling into the ocean behind him, but he recovered his footing and looked around.

"Wasn't there supposed to be a village around here..." he mumbled to himself as he searched his pockets for the map he had brought with him.

"...HEY WAIT!" He shouted at the ship which was already a few hundred metres away from him.

"Why is everything going horribly wrong today...?" He said as he walked into the forest.

After a few minutes, he actually arrived at a village and started looking around for a place where he could buy a new map.

@Anyone?

Lissy was bored. What now? This village was really plain, she thought. Suddenly, out of the blue, Miyarkus gave her a small ball. She came near and accepted the small toy(?). She summoned a vine that was able to stand on its own, ready to throw the ball to her. It held the ball and she walked a bit far. Then, with her command, the vine threw the ball straight at her. She caught it and threw it back to the vine, which was also successful at catching the ball. After that, they repeated that again and again. A giggle here and there whenever the small ball almost hit Miyarkus.

@Computing Magus

@Melody Of Slaughter Join us two at the center of the village.

Shade was walking around the village but found it impossible to find that map.

"Is no one here selling a map..." He said in a disappointed town as he entered the center of the village.

He spotted a merchant looking ehh...skeleton?

That sure was an unusual sight oh well, he shrugged and walked up to the skeleton.

"Hey, are you selling a map?" He asked as he tapped the shoulder of the skeleton.

@Federen Mason @Computing Magus

Last edited by a moderator:
Marcus watched his little friend play catch with a vine, all the while dodging those stray balls. He didn't notice a person approach until they tapped his shoulder, asking if he was selling a map.

"A map? Well, let me see what I have in store for you..." Marcus then moved the contents of his bag, finding any piece of paper that could help his customer.

"I'm not sure what specific map you would like, but I have one of this village (made by me, of course) and one of the officially explored part of Kora." Marcus told the man.

@Melody Of Slaughter

Shade scratched the back of his head. "I guess...I'll take both." He said as he pulled a small sack filled with coins out of his pocket.

"So how much would that be?" He said as he looked inside the sack.

As Maliset continued to play catch, she saw someone approach Marcus. She goes nearer to them both as she holds the ball (the vine retracted back to earth). She greets the person.

"Hello, mister. Would you like a flower?" She said with a smile and then with some magic she made a daisy appear from her hand.

"Don't mention it sir." then Marcus handed the two maps to the man and also received the money.

"Just keep them maps safe--" then suddenly, a small cylindrical object erupted out of Marcus' bag. It whirled around like a firework but wasn't exactly fast. It initially had a full black color but within each second it seemed to become more redder.

"Oh no. Why did it need to pop now?" Marcus said to no one in particular. He tries to catch it but it was too high up to reach.

"Err, can someone help me get this... machine. It will explode within a minute!" Marcus said to the two he was with earlier.

@Melody Of Slaughter @Federen Mason

Whilst she watches the two, Marcus' bag suddenly opened and something popped out. She didn't care what it was when Marcus said he needed help catching it so she tries to get a few vines to reach for her. The vines came out fast.

@Computing Magus @Melody Of Slaughter

"Oh, that? Just something that I was making. Anyway, I really need to get it back before it explodes; I can deactivate it!" Marcus said to Shade. He still tries to reach for the zipping rocket, not knowing that his efforts proved fruitless.

@Melody Of Slaughter

"Interesting...Well, let's see..." Shade tried to reach for the object but failed.

"Seems like your friend over there is working on something." Shade said and nodded in the direction of the girl.

The vines were now successful at catching the flying object. With a bit of difficulty, she was able to bring the vines back down.

"I got it!" Lissy exclaimed and she held the object with both hands as tightly as she could so that it wouldn't fly off. The vines, like the one earlier, retracted to the earth.

@Computing Magus

"Excellent!" Marcus said and then he grabbed the machine from her hands. He flipped it so that it faced the ground. He fumbled with its machinery as the rocket was peaking its reddish color. After a few machine noises later, the machine became black again and wasn't flying like a rocket with extreme thrusters.

"There, thanks Lissy." Marcus said to her and patted her in the head. He returned the rocket after that then turned to the man.

"If you were wondering a lot more, that was just a machine that would explode once it takes about a minute. Good thing Lissy here catches the thing just in time."

"Ah...Anyways I was planning on asking you, where are you going next?" Shade asked as he was still wondering why any merchant would carry around an explosive device in their backpack unless it was for trading.

"Well, my young child seemed to answer that for you then." Marcus said simply. He arranged some of his wares in his large inventory that have been moved about by the rocket's eruption.

@Melody Of Slaughter

Marcus got to thinking a bit. If this man were to be with them, at least know each other first.

"Well, I'm Marcus and this little child of mine is Maliset. May we know your name?" Marcus asked.

@Melody Of Slaughter

"Very well then, Nero. We might need to get ourselves a form of transportation if we want to travel north. Could be a tad bit dangerous if we ran out of supplies." Marcus said and he puts his bag on his back. Its only a wonder how he was able to carry many objects on his back and make it seem like he doesn't feel handicapped by the weight. He motions at Maliset to hold his hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back