• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Pack | IC

Glacier eyed Dia's leg and then her a bit nervously before giving a shaky nod. His heart was pounding as he wrapped an arm around her waist letting her lean into his side. "Perhaps, it would be best for your leg if I carried you? At least down the stairs?" He asked a tiny blush on his cheeks. Oh my gods she's beautiful.

Storm followed the scent of the three wolves who had attacked Storm as far as she could before she came to a river. Damn it!!! Damn it!!!! She growled pacing the side of the river her fur standing on edge.

Her amber eyes scanned the area staying alert, just in case someone or something decided to ambush her.

[class=workspace] height:100%; width:100%; background-color:#efe5d5; [/class] [class=bg] background-color:white; color:#513f35; padding:5px; margin:auto; width: 70%; height:100%; overflow-x:hidden; [/class] [class=containerhide] font-size:14px; font-family: Cambria; text-align:justify; width:100%; height:100%; padding-right:30px; overflow-y:scroll; [/class] [class=container] font-size:14px; padding-right:35px; font-family: Cambria; text-align:justify; width:95%; height:300px; padding:10px; [/class] [class=pic] height:300px; width:250px; margin:auto; position:relative; background: url('http://www.art-spire.com/wp-content/gallery/2013/Mars_2013/31-03-13_Xianghe_Kong/Xianghe_Kong.jpg') no-repeat; background-size:250px; [/class]

[div class=workspace][div class=bg][div class=containerhide][div class=pic][/div]

Diantha

Glacier shakily nods, which made Diantha chuckle in her mind. When he asked if he could carry her down instead than guiding her down the stairs made her wide eyed. She wasn't really expecting that kind of offer since they barely knew each other. A bit baffled by the gesture, she still accepted. "It's... uh... fine. I am a bit heavier than I look though." She said with a hint of awkwardness. It's not like she wants people to know how heavy she is.

Interacting with: Glacier Angelofdarkness Angelofdarkness

Feeling:

[/div][/div][/div]

Glacier gave a soft smile as he gently scooped her up into his arms. "Okay, here we go downstairs." He walked down the stairs carefully and slowly doing his best to minimize the bumps.

"Where would you like to go first?" He asked carefully setting her down as he wrapped an arm around her waist putting one of hers around his neck. Thankfully he wasn't that much taller than her.

Sybella gave an annoyed snort as she continued pacing the river. Her blood continued to boil as images of Storm lying in the snow flashed threw her mind. The young wolf had never been bloodthirsty before - but these wolves had hurt her family. And by heaven or hell she'd make sure each one payed.

Padding around the river she spotted a rock bridge. Surely they wouldn't be stupid enough to use the rock bridge instead. She thought to herself. But it's worth a look. Crossing the rock bridge she stared examining the area for any sign of the wolves who had attacked Storm. IMG_1754.jpg

Jackson
3EF08033-5037-4BC4-B80F-B090E5480EC2.jpeg

Feeling :: Devastated
Interactions :: Angelofdarkness Angelofdarkness hwayi hwayi
Jackson points his muzzle up the snow bank, “it’s up there a ways.” He replies, as the pair trudge through the snow, his sibling whining every so often, her hot breath against his ear gave him reassurance.
They got the to top of the snow hill and continued on, pushing through the snow as fast as possible without harming Storm anymore than needed, “not much farther.” He huffs, he could smell the cabin now, he could smell Storms trail from earlier, where Sybella came from and even his own scent when he had ran out to help Storm.
“Don’t be afraid in here, we are all kind, but try to stay out of the way I have to work quickly.” He grunts, pushing himself to keep walking to the cabin.

Arch
3C4EFEF6-93C6-49B0-8F27-74D06ABAC86A.jpeg

Feeling :: Relaxed

Interactions :: Cosmic_Flare Cosmic_Flare

Arch nods at Cherish’s answer, taking another mouthful of elk have she questions his pack. He chews for a moment, before swallowing.
He sighs, “the Pack I was born into.” He responds calmly, “we come from a land very, very far from here. It was a weeks journey just for me.” He paws at the elk slightly before taking another bite out of its tender belly. He swallows and licks his bloody muzzle.
“We went through a very harsh time, involving humans.. a time none of us had truly saw coming.” He gazes down at his paws, “it was a cruel, and dark time for us all. Humans don’t deserve the protection they are given, not after what happened to us, we only want to help others live freely, and not in fear or ignorance of what can, and will happen.” He takes another bite of the elk and looks towards Cherish, before back down at the elk.
Arch didn’t enjoy explaining himself or his pack, but if he wanted to befriend the shifter he’d have to, much to his distaste.
He licks his bloody muzzle and sighs.

[class=workspace] height:100%; width:100%; background-color:#efe5d5; [/class] [class=bg] background-color:white; color:#513f35; padding:5px; margin:auto; width: 70%; height:100%; overflow-x:hidden; [/class] [class=containerhide] font-size:14px; font-family: Cambria; text-align:justify; width:100%; height:100%; padding-right:30px; overflow-y:scroll; [/class] [class=container] font-size:14px; padding-right:35px; font-family: Cambria; text-align:justify; width:95%; height:300px; padding:10px; [/class] [class=pic] height:300px; width:250px; margin:auto; position:relative; background: url('http://www.art-spire.com/wp-content/gallery/2013/Mars_2013/31-03-13_Xianghe_Kong/Xianghe_Kong.jpg') no-repeat; background-size:250px; [/class]

[div class=workspace][div class=bg][div class=containerhide][div class=pic][/div]

Diantha

"A sofa in the living room would be fine." She claimed with a smile on her face. Thank god these people are nice, if they weren't then I would've been dead for sure. She let herself be dragged by Glacier, all the while examining every area she could see. She sniffed around the air but only found their scents. Did they all go on a trip or something? She asked herself. "Glacier," she spoke his name with a worried tone, "something's wrong. Where are the others?"

Interacting with: Glacier Angelofdarkness Angelofdarkness

Feeling:

[/div][/div][/div]

Glacier shrugged as he helped her sit down. "Out. They tend to do that a lot. I wouldn't worry about it too much. And if something is wrong Jackson and the others will have it covered. But right now my goal is to get you to laugh."

IMG_1754.jpg
Sybella padded further into the thicket of trees beyond their packs astablished boarders. Her ears twitched to the north as she thought she heard a rustle followed by a growl.

Little did she know the danger she was about to walk into.

Cherish
Feeling: Surprised and Empathetic
Interactions: Tasteless Tasteless

Eating much more of the elk, she listened carefully to his explanation. Frowning as he reached the part about the troubles his pack encountered, she met his eyes. “You speak as if you agree with your pack... but you aren’t with them. Why is that?”
Though she could tell he didn’t like the conversation topic, but she had to know more about this wolf before she agreed to be his friend. She knew what betrayal felt like, and she was willing to risk losing this ally in order to avoid that feeling. Despite that, she treaded lightly when asking her questions, hoping she wasn’t pushing the other wolf too far.
She ate more of the elk, awaiting his response. His pack sounds tough... like mine was...

Arch
2D70E9D8-65A7-45C4-9853-75FA6E23BF24.jpeg

Feeling :: Relaxed

Arch swallows another bite of elk, “I’m a scout.” He explains gently, “I and a few other wolves will come to an area before the Pack, we scout out areas and territories to get a lay of the land. The rest of the scouts returned back to lead the pack back here, I stayed here to continue scouting.” Arch explains.
He takes a bite of the elk and swallows it down, “it’s not as bad as it sounds though, the Pack is actually quite friendly to others.” He reassured gently.
He lays down in the back of the den and grunts, “perhaps you’ll meet them when they arrive.” He yawns softly, his belly full and the den was warm.

Cherish
Feeling: Unsure

“Meet them? Wait...” She stands quickly, her ears flattening to her skull. “Does your pack howl like they’re out to murder everyone around them?” I should have known he didn’t live here. If he had, humans would have started to avoid this place. How could I be so foolish!
She growled at him, gesturing to the elk. “Is this was you plan to do to the humans as well? Even those that have never met a wolf? Do you think that will make them stop?” Cherish’s feelings toward the other wolf mingle with distrust and anger. She scraped her claws against the den floor. “Do you think they’d happily accept a wolf who heartily disagrees with them?”​

Orion
Interaction: Ridge Ridge

Looking around, Orion removes his earbuds in order to hear the voice more clearly. “I’m over here!!! Come toward my voice!!!”
Catching the girl as she appeared, Orion stumbled backwards, almost falling. He laughed, holding her shoulders and steadying her. “Woah Woah! Take a deep breath! You’re okay, there aren’t any wolves!” He smiled reassuringly, then frowned at her question.
Tilting his head, Orion examined her face with his one good eyes, trying to recall if he had seen her before. Suddenly snapping his fingers, he points at her with both hands. “The coffee shop!” He laughs wildly, his hands on his chest.
His mind turns back to the day before, when he had gone to get some coffee from the shop in his town, a few miles away from the forest. He had ordered something, then saw Jasmine standing behind him. As he moved out of her way, so she could order, he had completely tripped over someone else and had their coffee spilt all over his shirt.
“Do you remeber me? I’m that klutz at the coffee shop the other day! You helped me up after I tripped into someone?” He smiled, remembering the moment with joy, but not embarrassment as some other would.​

Arch
84FFB981-4730-46C9-A85A-ED86AD561F12.jpeg

Feeling :: Irritated

Arch rolls his eyes, “the only thing out to murder is humans, and if you don’t know that then I pity you.” He growls, “humans don’t deserve the luxury or protection they receive from shifters, especially when they slaughter entire packs of them without remorse, or idea of consequence that may follow.” He gets to his paws, looking down at Cherish.
“You may leave.” He huffs, moving farther back in his den. He had no desire to explain anything to a hard headed female, especially one that doesn’t know her place in the food chain.
He licks his bloody maw, and twitches his ears and he stares at Cherish from the darkness of his den, he had no desire for her to be around if she naively believes humans are kind.

Cherish
Feeling: anger and annoyance

“You think I don’t know what humans are capable of??! You don’t know me at all...” She snarled at him, bristling in anger. “They take and take with no regard for the other creatures they share the world with, but killing them won’t make that better! They’re like children, humans are... when you smack their hand, they cry and get angry, but don’t learn a lesson. All they learn is that pain is bad, and in order to get rid of the pain, they should get rid of you. Trust me... I know what they can do, but I’m trying to teach them that is shifters, at least not all of us, are stupid creatures in search of revenge of others we can never bring back.”
She walked over to him, standing at the edge of the darkness. “Humans are many things... often, kind is not one of them... but they are not perfect. Neither are we. Shifters have made mistakes in the past, why aren’t the humans allowed to?” Staring at him with a surprising amount of confidence considering how much he out-sized her, she turned and began to leave. “And I thought you were one of the smarter shifters...”​

Arch
5312D4AC-447A-4216-8EE1-903C33FD8ED1.jpeg

Feeling :: Tired

Arch meets her gaze, before releasing a huff “believe what you’d like.” He lays down in his den, resting his muzzle on his paws. He twitches his ears with irritation, he curls his tail around his back paws.
The sun was beginning to set, and he was growing tired. He didn’t care to argue or fight, his den was warm and his belly was full.
He turns his gaze towards the solid back wall of his den, and yawns again.

Cherish
Feeling: Dissapointed

Shaking her head, she looks out into the snow. “One day that belief you have will come to bite you in the... well you get it.” She trudges out into the snow, her mind overwhelmed with thoughts. Great. I just blew it again. Even though he’s an idiot, he knew what he was talking about. He was probably my best bet at settling down in this forest, but now, I can’t help but think I won’t make it very long here... especially if his pack is on their way like he says they are. She turns back in the direction his cave is in, then shakes her head. Just forget him Cher...
Making her way through the snow, her hunger sated, Cherish wandered through the forest, looking for a place to rest. Finding a thick patch of bushes, she slipped underneath them. Growling at the branches stick into her side, she gave up. This will have to do for tonight... She falls asleep almost instantly, thinking about Arch and what they had spoken about.​

*timeskip to dawn*
Arch
99374907-79DF-4DB0-9C01-12BFC4F73D08.jpeg

Feeling :: Sleeping - Restless

Interactions :: None

Arch falls asleep quickly, but his dreams are as restless as his thoughts.
Arch is standing back in his former camp, the cries and howls of agony and rage fill the air.
“No..” he whines, flames surrounding him as licking at his fur. “No!” He barks, his eyes wide in horror. Through the flames he spots his former mate, she was shifted and protecting their two children, as men with guns approach her.
Arch growls loudly, yet whenever he got close to the flames they’d whip at him and singe his pelt and skin.
He watches as they shoot down his mate, hitting her three times before taking the children. He whines loudly, and leaps through the flames despite the pain.
He crouched beside her body, and whimpers loudly, burying his face in her fur. The cries of his pack swell around him, screams of help and agony as gunshots fill the air.
“Stop!” He begs, the screams only growing louder and louder.

Arch lunges from his sleep, slamming his side into the solid wall of his den, he pants heavily, his ears still ringing from the screams he so vividly remembers.
Chills shoot down his spine, but the birds were singing again as it was nearly dawn now.
He whimpers and pants, looking towards the elk but only growling in disgust before tucking himself deeper into his den and shutting his eyes tightly in an attempt to calm himself from his memories.

Cherish
Feeling: Lost
Interaction: None

Waking up stiffly, Cherish stretches her body out and groans. “That is probably the worst I’ve slept in a while.” Being used to a comfortable den and a soft bed of feathers to sleep in, the cold Earth was a rough reminder she no longer had a home. Crawling out from beneath the bushes, she shook out her fluffy black and white fur. She yawned as she used a tree to scratch her back. “Well I guess it’s time to explore some more. This will probably be my home until I find my way back to my real home.” Cherish makes her way through the snow, thoughts of Arch still lingering in her mind.
The soft crunch of snow catches her ear, and she turned to spot a rabbit jumping through the snow. Crouching low, the skilled hunter approached the small mammal in silence. It turns its head at the last minute, catching sight of her and taking off. Snarling, she chased it through the forest, adrenaline pumping through her veins. As she ran through the trees, she quickly caught up to the rabbit. She caught ito her mouth, but unfortunately couldn’t stop before she fell down a hill that had suddenly appeared. She fell over the side, rolling down it.​

WyRhYrl.jpg

Ambrose

Man is the only creature who refuses to be what he is.

Ambrose Von Wolfwood stared into the vacant forest, glacier eyes drifting from tree to tree as if in search of the songbirds he knew were not there. There was something about silence in the wilderness that was always off-putting, but it was an uneasiness Ambrose had become accustomed to. Indeed, he had grown up in one of the coldest places on Earth: he knew how the snow absorbed all sound--such mediocre things did not faze him. In fact, he enjoyed the silence; although he was passionate about his studies, Ambrose was not suited for university life, much preferring the unbiased company of nature over that of his peers. That was why, when the opportunity arose for him to finish his thesis at a remote location within the Rocky Mountains, Ambrose couldn't have left fast enough.

With a light sigh, the blonde tucked his hands into the pockets of his wool coat, surmising that it was time to return to his place of residence--that was, at least, until the quiet was broken by what sounded like a struggle. Startled by the sudden noise, Ambrose jumped, gaze snapping in the direction of what would become a rather unexpected encounter. Although he had yet to witness the source, the wolf within him didn't need such visual confirmation to know what it was, and it growled menacingly. The tall Scandinavian furrowed his brow at this reaction as he shuffled cautiously to where, just as suspected, a vivacious black wolf lay with a freshly-dead rabbit in its jaws.

His expression progressed to one of extensive astonishment when he realized that this creature was more than just a wolf; the last thing he was expecting in such an isolated location was to meet one of his own kind.

"You okay there," Ambrose inquired, letting what little remained of his empathy to motivate his words.

Cherish
Feeling: Embarassed and Curious
Interaction: Nepenthe Nepenthe

Finally rolling to a stop, Cherish lifts her head in annoyance. I can’t believe I just fell down a hill. She jumped at the voice, turning to the human behind her. With a sniff, she tilted her head. What are the odds?
Dropping the dead rabbit, she looked up at him. “Yeah, I’m good. Funny running into another one of my kind.” Her fur is covered in snow, making her appear almost white. “Didn’t realize there were more shifters in this forest...”​

Arch
682438CD-650F-4E7A-B445-F89A9A943382.jpeg

Feeling :: Restless

Interactions :: None

Arch sighs, having regained his composure he silently slides out of his den. He shakes his pelt, allowing the moss and dirt to fling out freely.
He slowly makes his way into the forest, yawning slightly. He was still tired, yet wouldn’t be back asleep after his dream.
Arch carefully moves through the snow, watching as a squirrel realizes his presence and scurries up a tree for safety. Like he would waste his energy on such a small snack, he shakes his head and continues on quietly, licking his muzzle a few times when he smells deer. He didn’t need to hunt, he had an elk back at his den.
With a huff the large wolf continues to wander, unsure of what to do with his morning.

Jade

The black wolf was out for her morning run when she picked up an unfamiliar scent, slowing down to a walk as she tracked it through the clearing. She identified the scent as another wolf mixed with the lingering of deer meat, hesitating as she stalked towards the den. The pack had run into the occasional rogue, usually they were easy to deal with and willing to cooperate but Jade would be careful just incase this one wasn't.

"Who are you?" She called as she spotted a large grey wolf a few yards away, approaching cautiously until she was only a few feet away from the strange wolf. Camp was far enough away that it was possible this rogue didn't even realize they were intruding on pack territory, though it was also possible they were hiding close enough to attack the pack and take their land.

original.gif

Tasteless Tasteless

Arch
23FCC548-5B5F-45D5-983E-2EDDCB6758F4.jpeg

Feeling :: Restless

Interactions :: a z u l a a z u l a

Arch twitches his ears back towards the question, he turns his grey gaze upon a black female wolf. He huffs softly, “I guess that depends who you are.”
Arch sits down and scratches his ear roughly, before shaking his head. He examined the female for a moment with his eyes, large, a shifter similar to himself yet that was no surprise, this area was just spawning them at this point.

“My name is Arch.” He grunts, curling his tail over his back paws. While she was large, he was still out weighing her. “Can I ask who you are?” He asks, twitching his ears as he stared at her, his grey-blue eyes were inviting yet cold at the same time, and his large body made him a fierce opponent.

Jackson
29F5DAD2-6B6A-4554-B627-067A431BA56E.jpeg

Feeling :: Devastated
Interactions :: hwayi hwayi Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum
Jackson growls as they draw closer to the cabin, “we are close.” He mutters through gritted fangs, until he is finally able to shift into his human form, he holds Storms head tightly. “You can shift now, Storm.” He says softly, with a groan Storm shifts into her human form.

Jackson picks her up bridal style and slams through the front door, carrying his sister and placing her on the kitchen table. His gaze falls onto Dia and Glacier, but quickly moves back to Storm.
The supplies from earlier were already out, so he quickly sterilized a needle and grabbed several pieces of gauze before getting to work.
He rips open what left of her shirt, removing the bloody shirts that Jackson, June and Sybella had placed. He grunts in disgust as the jagged wound down her belly, it was deep but he could work with it.

He quickly sanitized her wound, despite Storms groans of pain. “I know I’m sorry..” He says softly, before beginning to suture her awful wound.

JUNE

THEY FINALLY ARRIVED AT SOME TYPE OF A CABIN. INSTEAD OF CALLING SOMEONE FOR HELP, THE ONE IN CHARGE IN HERE SEEMED TO BE MORE COMFORTABLE IN DOING HIS OWN THING. JUNE DIDN'T WANT TO INTERRUPT, HE WASN'T QUITE SURE WHAT HE'D NEED TO DO. SHE HAD SHIFTED INTO HER HUMAN FORM AND IT SHOULD BE EASIER TO CALL FOR HUMAN PROFESSIONALS. THIS GIRL WAS GOING TO GET INFECTED IF THEY DIDN'T DO SOMETHING SOON.

HE LOOKED ON AS SHE WAS PLACED ON THE TABLE IN THE KITCHEN. JUNE WINCED AND PULLED A DISGUSTED FROWN WHEN HE SAW THE DAMAGE THAT HAD BEEN DONE TO HER. WAS SHE GOING TO SURVIVE AT THIS RATE?

HE LAYED HIS EYES ON THE CABIN. THIS PLACE SMELLED LIKE ALL KINDS OF WOLVES. OF COURSE HIS SENSE OF SMELL WASN'T AS STRONG AS HE WAS A HUMAN BEING. HE STILL COULD SMELL THE REEK OF WOLVES. THAT'S HOW STRONG IT WAS.

IIT WAS MILDLY AWKWARD, JUNE STANDING THERE WITH HIS SHORTS ONLY AND WATCHING SOMEONE GET SOAKED IN BLOOD. HE FELT FROZEN AND UNABLE TO WORK. HIS BRAIN JUST COULDN'T PROPERLY PROCESS ALL THIS WHAT WAS GOING ON. EVERYTHING WAS HAPPENING TOO FAST.

"YOU SHOULDN'T DO THIS ALONE," HE FINALLY, CAREFULLY STATED, HINTING TOWARDS HUMANS.[/div

Users who are viewing this thread

Back