• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Old Age of Avaria

Vorkaysus said:
'Yeah, but that's all I do... come to think of it... all I get out of it is the same thing, not really any respect or honor or the such...' he'd say, sitting down
Cutane sits down too and says "well it looks like our warhorse is having an identity crisis"

Vorkaysus said:
'what do you mean by that?' he'd ask
"think about it, you were orphaned, adopted and then showed the ways of the mercenary at a young age, conditioning you to be the warrior that you are today, like how wild horses are often separated from their herd and trained to be a warrior's steed, my tribe has folklore for people like you"

Tonstad39 said:
"think about it, you were orphaned, adopted and then showed the ways of the mercenary at a young age, conditioning you to be the warrior that you are today, like how wild horses are often separated from their herd and trained to be a warrior's steed, my tribe has folklore for people like you"
'Yeah.... You make a fair point... Just all these odd feelings I've never had before seeming to come on me I guess...' he'd say, shrugging and leaning back in his chair

Vorkaysus said:
'Yeah.... You make a fair point... Just all these odd feelings I've never had before seeming to come on me I guess...' he'd say, shrugging and leaning back in his chair
A serving wench walked up to Leofric's table and asked "Sir, what would you like to eat and drink this morning?" While glancing at the skeleton sat across him.

Tonstad39 said:
A serving wench walked up to Leofric's table and asked "Sir, what would you like to eat and drink this morning?" While glancing at the skeleton sat across him.
'strong ale and meat....' he'd say to her

Vorkaysus said:
'strong ale and meat....' he'd say to her
The wench walked into the cookery to tell Leofric's order to the cooks. Cutane said "let me tell you a story of my people, if it's alright with you"

Tonstad39 said:
The wench walked into the cookery to tell Leofric's order to the cooks. Cutane said "let me tell you a story of my people, if it's alright with you"
'Yeah, of course...' he'd say

Vorkaysus said:
'Yeah, of course...' he'd say
Cutane told the story "The beast with the silver skin, many seasons ago, there lived a beast with a skin of pure silver, it walks on two shining legs like a man and grabs with two arms like a man. The beast has silver claws at the end of its silver hands like a bear. The beast's face was hidden by a silver mask that it was born with.

The beast also hunted with a spear of pure silver, when it did hunt it was unrelenting, one stroke of the shining spear scarred the animal, two strokes meant death for the animal and the third stroke sliced up the organs. Happy with the hunt the beast would bend down lift it's silver mask and dine on the animal's organs. The beast lived and traveled alone. It spends most of its life away from its pack so that it can never have ediquite, where it can be the perfect, selfish hunter. Consequently the beast scares all the beings in the forest, from the smallest of gophers to the most ferocious of bears, the beast never let any obstacle stand in its way.

The presence of such beasts would diminish the supply of the tribes, from deer to make pelts and food to the blood of the animals ruining Yølå's soil so that Barry bushes are wilting. This was a huge problem so the tribes sent their best shamen & priests to hunt the beast. After 4 days, they managed to catch it stalking the woods, gleaming in the sunlight, its silver spear looked as though it was ready to strike. The shamen were hidden in the bush awaiting its next move. The beast had dropped its spear, sat down and began pooping & while the beast was in the act, the shamen all strong armed him as the beast did a quick whack, knocking all the shamen off revealing the beast's true face, it was a snow white and sported many sharp teeth the shamen all performed their magic with all their might, causing the beast's silver skin to fade away, the beast now lacking its outer skin laid on the ground and began to whimper. The beast was not used to the new pain of the wind and the many breezes.

It hardly knew what to do without its skin so the shamen being as compassionate as they were gave a hand to the beast and showed it how to care, introducing them to friends, the beast didn't know what to do without its silver skin that it relied upon for all that time. The beast was apprehensive at first, but after on of the shamen took the beast back to the villaige the beast had warmed up to the foreign idea of having friends, the message is that no matter how callous you become, you can still succumb to emotional weakness, the end"

He'd snicker a bit, saying 'That's definitely one of your stories from your tribe, I know because to me, they sound pretty damn weird... But, can't deny you're right.'

@Tonstad39

Vorkaysus said:
He'd snicker a bit, saying 'That's definitely one of your stories from your tribe, I know because to me, they sound pretty damn weird... But, can't deny you're right.'
@Tonstad39
"I recommend taking up other hobbies & maybe find something to do in your spare time besides combat" Cutane said.

Tonstad39 said:
"I recommend taking up other hobbies & maybe find something to do in your spare time besides combat" Cutane said.
'Why's that? i don't know what else there would be...' he'd say

Vorkaysus said:
'Why's that? i don't know what else there would be...' he'd say
"It seems that you have to find something" She said as the serving wench came out with a piece of Mutton & a glass of almost black looking ale. "Drink up, warhorse" Cutane said.

Tonstad39 said:
"It seems that you have to find something" She said as the serving wench came out with a piece of Mutton & a glass of almost black looking ale. "Drink up, warhorse" Cutane said.
he'd take the tankard of ale, seeming to swallow it down, then eating the meat quite easily. being done in a matter of minutes

Vorkaysus said:
he'd take the tankard of ale, seeming to swallow it down, then eating the meat quite easily. being done in a matter of minutes
Cutane said while her jaw dropped "It's rare that i see anyone eat as quickly as you did."

Tonstad39 said:
Cutane said while her jaw dropped "It's rare that i see anyone eat as quickly as you did."
'what do you mean by that? I like to down my food quickly, keeps my stomache full longer, and helps if you need to eat a quick meal before combat...' he'd tell her, leaning back a bit

Vorkaysus said:
'what do you mean by that? I like to down my food quickly, keeps my stomache full longer, and helps if you need to eat a quick meal before combat...' he'd tell her, leaning back a bit
"It's weird to me because in my old tribe, a meal was a social occasion, not something to be over with quickly." She said

Tonstad39 said:
"It's weird to me because in my old tribe, a meal was a social occasion, not something to be over with quickly." She said
he'd shrug, 'well, we are marching in a couple of hours, anything you want to do before then?' he'd ask

Vorkaysus said:
he'd shrug, 'well, we are marching in a couple of hours, anything you want to do before then?' he'd ask
"I don't know, maybe we should go for a walk around town. The wench came out and said "that meal will be 20 silver"

Tonstad39 said:
"I don't know, maybe we should go for a walk around town. The wench came out and said "that meal will be 20 silver"
he'd hand her the silver 'since when did everything get so expensive... ' he'd say

Vorkaysus said:
he'd hand her the silver 'since when did everything get so expensive... ' he'd say
"I think that the kingdom is starting to have economic problems where the silver is starting to become worth less with each passing year." Cutane said as she stood up

Tonstad39 said:
"I think that the kingdom is starting to have economic problems where the silver is starting to become worth less with each passing year." Cutane said as she stood up
'or that towns and villages are constantly being raided and people need to get food and supplies somehow, thus they need more silver, more protection, because we're on the brink of a second war already everyone is preparing for the worst.... just a guess...' he'd say

@Vorkaysus just as Cutane got up to walk out of the lodge the lodgekeeper flagged Leofric down saying "HEY, YOU CONED ME OUT OF 370 SILVER. I DON'T GIVE ROYALTY FAVORS, BUDDY!"

Tonstad39 said:
@Vorkaysus just as Cutane got up to walk out of the lodge the lodgekeeper flagged Leofric down saying "HEY, YOU CONED ME OUT OF 370 SILVER. I DON'T GIVE ROYALTY FAVORS, BUDDY!"
'you want a sword up your gullet?' he'd ask, glaring at him

Vorkaysus said:
'you want a sword up your gullet?' he'd ask, glaring at him
"Listen, when your kingdom is gearing up for little to no trade during a fucking war, then things will of course be pricy!" The lodgekeeper irately stated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back