• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern the Halifax witch hunts

Darnall nodded as he flipped to the spell he'd used to undo the damage he'd done with the thunder, while outside the Hospital with, writing a short not and continuing. "Well then, this should be a really good plan. We'll go after you wake up tomorrow. I'm assuming that you will be leaving in a few hours to go to work."

@Tonstad39 ((I imagined that it's one of those cheesy "authentic feel" modern books. Super shallow filled with weak cantrips and practically useless to someone who couldn't bulldoze their way, with sheer magical power and will, like Darnall. Basically a book full of spells like Prestidigitation from Pathfinder.))

(Well done, I never thought of it like that)

"my shift doesn't start untill 8:00 tonight" Maryl said "I usually get home at 4,5 in the morning, but I'd find some way to make it work" @Delacare

"Alright. I guess that we could watch another movie; they are simply fascinating." Darnall tried to play it off, but it was obvious that he'd found a new love in movies as well as books. He continued with his notes as he spoke.

@Tonstad39 ((Yeah. Sometimes, my brain goes overboard on details like that...))

Maryl then scrolled down her watchlist looking for something more modern for Darnall to watch, but at the same time something engaging for Darnall. "What would you think of Suicide Squad?" Maryl asked moving the Roku's cursor over where it was listed in Netflix.

"Sui-cide?" Darnall looked up from his pages, slightly alarmed. "I... don't think that I'd enjoy something involving suicide. It isn't exactly a thing I like to think about...anymore." He hurriedly scribbled something o in his book, and flipped the page.

@Tonstad39

((I think that's gnight for me. The letters are starting to blur together  :ChesireGrin: ))

(Goodnight)

"no, silly" Maryl said with a laugh "It's a spinoff of the D.C. Comic book villains, it's called suicide squad because they're the only ones who could save the day at the risk of causing more chaos, hence suicide squad"

"Comic books I understand, but the rest of it is lost on me. You do make it sound interesting though, so I'll try it before I think about knocking it." Darnall chuckled slightly as he realized how ridiculous his response had sounded after Maryl explained the movie.

@Tonstad39 ((technically, i should still be asleep. I'm going back there now. Ugh, I've got the worse headache now...))

Aura was bored out of her mind. She laid on the couch, staring up at the ceiling, waiting for entertainment of some sort. 

"Soo is suicide squad something you want to watch?" Asked Maryl

At the penthouse, Bartley had just teleported Lin to her chamber so that Lin could go back to sleep. Bartley walked out the door and noticed Aura's boredom "You can turn on the TV if ya want." He offered.

"Soo is suicide squad something you want to watch?" Asked Maryl

At the penthouse, Bartley had just teleported Lin to her chamber so that Lin could go back to sleep. Bartley walked out the door and noticed Aura's boredom "You can turn on the TV if ya want." He offered.

"I don't like TV." Aura grumbled. "I wanna do something fun."

Luxxie sat behind the bar, listening to the customer's talk. There were 7 people today, an average day. Two orcs sat at the bar, talking and drinking, while another group of three, 2 dwarves and a woman, sat in the corner playing some card game. The last two people sat at the bar, though not together.

"They sure know how to brew!" An orc said

"well what are some things you like to do normally?" Asked Bartley.

Last edited by a moderator:
With that, Bartley grabbed his staff and summoned energy that caused an aura of blue energy to surround the two. The penthouse faded out around them and a street scene faded into view, they were now on the street just outside of the Scotia Square shopping mall.

With that, Bartley grabbed his staff and summoned energy that caused an aura of blue energy to surround the two. The penthouse faded out around them and a street scene faded into view, they were now on the street just outside of the Scotia Square shopping mall.

Aura was teleported as she was, and appeared on the curled up on the street. "Ack! Bartley!" Aura jumped to her feet. "Don't do that, I wasn't ready."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back