• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern the Halifax witch hunts

"I'm sorry to hear that" Maryl said as the elevator opened up to a regular hallway. Maryl walked out of the elevator and turned right down the hallway.

Darnall followed Maryl out of the elevator and down the hallway. "Don't feel bad about it. I'm free now, and they're no longer anything to fear."

Darnall followed Maryl out of the elevator and down the hallway. "Don't feel bad about it. I'm free now, and they're no longer anything to fear."

"That's good to hear" Maryl walked all the way down to room 26, the second room before the end of the hallway. She unlocked the door and held it open for Darnall. It is a one bedroom appartment with a kitchen area, a 35 inch flatscreen tv and a samsung tablet on a glass coffee table.

"That's good to hear" Maryl walked all the way down to room 26, the second room before the end of the hallway. She unlocked the door and held it open for Darnall. It is a one bedroom appartment with a kitchen area, a 35 inch flatscreen tv and a samsung tablet on a glass coffee table.

Darnall wheeled into the room in stunned silence. "You live in a place like this?" His voice was shocked as he looked around the apartment from the "living room".

"It's a modest dwelling" Maryl said

"But this place is huge." Darnall looked at Maryl, his brows knitted in confusion. "How is this possibly modest? You have entire rooms dedicated to single tasks." He waved in the direction of the kitchen and then the open bathroom door, in turn.

"But this place is huge." Darnall looked at Maryl, his brows knitted in confusion. "How is this possibly modest? You have entire rooms dedicated to single tasks." He waved in the direction of the kitchen and then the open bathroom door, in turn.

"For an appartment, i'd say this is about average" Maryl said comparing her appartment to her parrant's house.

"For an appartment, i'd say this is about average" Maryl said comparing her appartment to her parrant's house.

"Average? Oh, wow. The way people see size on the outside is going to take some getting used to." Darnall rolled farther into the apartment towards the coffee table. "What's that?" He asked as he pointed at the tablet without touching it.

((Signing off for the night.))

"Average? Oh, wow. The way people see size on the outside is going to take some getting used to." Darnall rolled farther into the apartment towards the coffee table. "What's that?" He asked as he pointed at the tablet without touching it.

((Signing off for the night.))

"It's my tablet, it's like a computer encased inside a touch screen" Maryl explained.

"It's my tablet, it's like a computer encased inside a touch screen" Maryl explained.

"A computer in a touch screen..." Darnall tried to act as if what she said made perfect sense. He chewed his lip slightly in bemusement when a thought struck him. "So, it must be like a larger version of a cellular telephone. I remember a fellow I met in the hospital had ine that looked similar to that, but smaller."

"A computer in a touch screen..." Darnall tried to act as if what she said made perfect sense. He chewed his lip slightly in bemusement when a thought struck him. "So, it must be like a larger version of a cellular telephone. I remember a fellow I met in the hospital had ine that looked similar to that, but smaller."

"Oh yeah, he probably did & we typically call them smart phones, what used to be called cell phones are now dumb phones" Maryl explained sitting down on the cloth sofa & putting in the unlock pattern to unlock the tablet. She handed it to Darnall and it's loaded with various apps including angry birds, google, twitter, facebook, clash of clans & more.

"Oh yeah, he probably did & we typically call them smart phones, what used to be called cell phones are now dumb phones" Maryl explained sitting down on the cloth sofa & putting in the unlock pattern to unlock the tablet. She handed it to Darnall and it's loaded with various apps including angry birds, google, twitter, facebook, clash of clans & more.

"Uh, thanks but I have no idea what to do with this." He held the tablet gingerly in both hands, as if it would shatter if he held on too tight. "I sure such a tool would be fairly useful, but all I think of right now is a more portable scrying glass."

"Uh, thanks but I have no idea what to do with this." He held the tablet gingerly in both hands, as if it would shatter if he held on too tight. "I sure such a tool would be fairly useful, but all I think of right now is a more portable scrying glass."

"You touch the screen in order to get it to do stuff, tap the icons to open up an app & when a keyboard pops up, tap the keys to type" Maryl explained

"Well, I would only half-fall." Aura mumbled. 

"I think she souls to get out of God's curse" Bartley said thinking of his dislike of guardian angels @Rui

"Oh, I see." And he did. Darnall flicked through the pages of apps and chose one at random to open. It happened to be a game called Loop, which was a brain game to connect line segments and rays into closed shapes. He was pleasantly surprised as the tablet played soothing music and taught him, step-by-step, how to close the shapes. "Oh, this is entrancing..."

@Tonstad39

"Oh, I see." And he did. Darnall flicked through the pages of apps and chose one at random to open. It happened to be a game called Loop, which was a brain game to connect line segments and rays into closed shapes. He was pleasantly surprised as the tablet played soothing music and taught him, step-by-step, how to close the shapes. "Oh, this is entrancing..."

@Tonstad39

"Oh it is" Maryl said thinking about how much of a time waster the game was.

"Oh it is" Maryl said thinking about how much of a time waster the game was.

Darnall tapped at the pieces in a sort of trance. As he fell deeper into the flow of the game, the outside world retreated.

(You know, Loop is an actual game. I have it on my phone.))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back