• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern the Halifax witch hunts

Maryl goes into the driver's seat and asks "wait aren't you gonna get a seizure if you conjure up your wheelchair like that"

"Nope. A healing caster with a a staff, a mage perhaps, used general healing overlays to heal my entire body instead of targeting my Ravdium. So, my Ravdium, and my legs, healed at an accelerated rate, because nothing else was wrong with me." Darnall flipped open to the page he was looking for. "Aha." He took a moment to mentally rearrange the spell for a snatch-and-grab instead of just a point-the-way.

"Nope. A healing caster with a a staff, a mage perhaps, used general healing overlays to heal my entire body instead of targeting my Ravdium. So, my Ravdium, and my legs, healed at an accelerated rate, because nothing else was wrong with me." Darnall flipped open to the page he was looking for. "Aha." He took a moment to mentally rearrange the spell for a snatch-and-grab instead of just a point-the-way.

"Oh" Maryl said in a pleasantly surprised tone hoping Darnall would conjure the wheelchair to confirm what he said.

"Oh" Maryl said in a pleasantly surprised tone hoping Darnall would conjure the wheelchair to confirm what he said.

"OK. Here we go." Darnall took a calming breath as his posture shifted into a more rigid from of what was quickly becoming his "casting mode". There was a slight glow in his eyes as he opened them again.

"Lost and Found

Beyond sight and sound

Darnall drew a circle in air. Golden light followed his fingers.

Search through air, sea and ground

He divided the circle into quarters. The quarters flashed and filled one image per quarter: the sky, a running river, a grassy hill, and a dark cave mouth.

Seek out my query

I call it near

Darnall's eyes flashed as the the quarters began searching the Halifax landscape through their given domains.

Bidden called my query:

My wheelchair, here.

The quarters merged into a single pane as they converged on a real time image of a nurse wheeling Darnall's empty chair back into the hospital. The wheelchair flashed the same golden light as Darnall's eyes and vanished from the image, much to the bewilderment of the nurse. The circle rapidly filled with golden light.

Appear!"

Darnall grabbed the golden disc and, leaning out the car door, casually flicked it onto the pavement. The disc rapidly expanded and began to rise as the wheelchair materialized beneath it. Once the wheelchair fully manifested, the disc winked out of existence.

Darnall's glowing eyes faded and he gasped and leaned back heavily against the seat, breaking out in a cold sweat. He panted heavily, trying to catch his breath.

Last edited by a moderator:
"OK. Here we go." Darnall took a calming breath as his posture shifted into a more rigid from of what was quickly becoming his "casting mode". There was a slight glow in his eyes as he opened them again.

"Lost and Found

Beyond sight and sound

Darnall drew a circle in air. Golden light followed his fingers.

Search through air, sea and ground

He divided the circle into quarters. The quarters flashed and filled one image per quarter: the sky, a running river, a grassy hill, and a dark cave mouth.

Seek out my query

I call it near

Darnall's eyes flashed as the the quarters began searching the Halifax landscape through their given domains.

Bidden called my query:

My wheelchair, here.

The quarters merged into a single pane as they converged on a real time image of a nurse wheeling Darnall's empty chair back into the hospital. The wheelchair flashed the same golden light as Darnall's eyes and vanished from the image, much to the bewilderment of the nurse. The circle rapidly filled with golden light.

Appear!"

Darnall grabbed the golden disc and, leaning out the car door, casually flicked it onto the pavement. The disc rapidly expanded and began to rise as the wheelchair materialized beneath it. Once the wheelchair fully manifested, the disc winked out of existence.

Darnall's glowing eyes faded and he gasped and leaned back heavily against the seat, breaking out in a cold sweat. He panted heavily, trying to catch his breath.

Impressed by the magic exhibition, Maryl got out of the car and grabbed Darnall's wheelchair & wheeled it over to him saying "thank god you did that, I don't think I would've found it without you" Maryl then lumped Darnall in his newly conjured wheelchair.

"What, where are you going I understand that this is random and out of the blue, but we were having so much fun" Bartley said.

Impressed by the magic exhibition, Maryl got out of the car and grabbed Darnall's wheelchair & wheeled it over to him saying "thank god you did that, I don't think I would've found it without you" Maryl then lumped Darnall in his newly conjured wheelchair.

Darnall could only nodded in acknowledgement of her thanks as he settled into the chair. He hadn't expected the price for the spell to hit him quite so hard. The witchcraft book shut itself sluggishly.

Maryl locked up the car on both sides & closed the respective doors before slowly walking up to the sidewalk as to enter the appartment building &I give Darnall a chance to catch up.

Darnall could only nodded in acknowledgement of her thanks as he settled into the chair. He hadn't expected the price for the spell to hit him quite so hard. The witchcraft book shut itself sluggishly.

Maryl locked up the car on both sides & closed the respective doors before slowly walking up to the sidewalk as to enter the appartment building &I give Darnall a chance to catch up.

Darnall caught his breath and rolled after Maryl slowly. He seemed completely recovered from his most recent magical excursion. "I have GOT to get better at this."

Darnall caught his breath and rolled after Maryl slowly. He seemed completely recovered from his most recent magical excursion. "I have GOT to get better at this."

"That's okay" maryl said "it's not refined yet, I understand." Maryl walked up to the door of the appartment and pressed the automatic door button to have the door automatically open up to have Darnall wheel in.

"That's okay" maryl said "it's not refined yet, I understand." Maryl walked up to the door of the appartment and pressed the automatic door button to have the door automatically open up to have Darnall wheel in.

"Yeah I guess, but when I'm doing the magic, it comes so easily. Afterwards... It doesn't." Darnall spoke as he rolled through yhe doorway.

"Yeah I guess, but when I'm doing the magic, it comes so easily. Afterwards... It doesn't." Darnall spoke as he rolled through yhe doorway.

"That is odd" maryl said walking into the building and pushed the up elevator button to summon the elevator.

"That is odd" maryl said walking into the building and pushed the up elevator button to summon the elevator.

"I think its because I don't really know what I'm doing. I think my magic is kinda on autopilot and is having to take more energy to fill in the gaps of what I'm not doing or am doing wrong."

"I think its because I don't really know what I'm doing. I think my magic is kinda on autopilot and is having to take more energy to fill in the gaps of what I'm not doing or am doing wrong."

"I don't know magic, so" Maryl said as the elevator opened up to an empty elevator car.

"I don't know magic, so" Maryl said as the elevator opened up to an empty elevator car.

"Yeah, I know you don't. I just think aloud a lot. Its usually more effective, and fun, when I have an actual person to bounce my thought and ideas off of, is all." He wheeled into the vacant elevator car and spun around, waiting for maryl to board.

"Yeah, I know you don't. I just think aloud a lot. Its usually more effective, and fun, when I have an actual person to bounce my thought and ideas off of, is all." He wheeled into the vacant elevator car and spun around, waiting for maryl to board.

Maryl boarded and pushed the button to go to the 3rd floor. "My little brother does that a lot, I used to give him shit for it when I was younger" Maryl said as the elevator closed.

Maryl boarded and pushed the button to go to the 3rd floor. "My little brother does that a lot, I used to give him shit for it when I was younger" Maryl said as the elevator closed.

"It is much better than sitting there talking to yourself, and one day hearing voices answer back. I had to deal with a couple months of that. All the while thinking I was crazy, until I discovered it was just a couple of the warlocks messing with me."

"It is much better than sitting there talking to yourself, and one day hearing voices answer back. I had to deal with a couple months of that. All the while thinking I was crazy, until I discovered it was just a couple of the warlocks messing with me."

"I'm sorry to hear that" Maryl said as the elevator opened up to a regular hallway. Maryl walked out of the elevator and turned right down the hallway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back