• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern the Halifax witch hunts

"Well I've been held prisoner by warlocks for the better part of a decade. So, I am newly liberated."

"Ay warlocks! They're the reason I left Scotland, they undermined the church, cursed nobility and possessed orcs to war with the humans!" Lain recalled

"Ay warlocks! They're the reason I left Scotland, they undermined the church, cursed nobility and possessed orcs to war with the humans!" Lain recalled

"Yeah, well a coven of 13 of them tortured me and tried to steal my magic. So, you see my need for freedom."

"Oh defiantly" said Lain

"Yes, Maryl is sweet, but she's too nice to be of much interest. Beyond a friendly relationship that is. Also, I'm her patient, so I'm sure she'll see things the same way I do; this is just a professional helping out someone in need."

"Yes, Maryl is sweet, but she's too nice to be of much interest. Beyond a friendly relationship that is. Also, I'm her patient, so I'm sure she'll see things the same way I do; this is just a professional helping out someone in need."

"Well I doubt that it'll be that way for long" Lain said with a smug overtone.

"Well I doubt that it'll be that way for long" Lain said with a smug overtone.

"Hey, don't get all foreshadowy on me. There's no way I'm gonna fall for a stay at home, goody two shoes like her. I want someone who's wild and dangerous. I've spent my entire life being sheltered. It is past time to lose control." The golden glow of his eyes turned molten for a split second.

"Hey, don't get all foreshadowy on me. There's no way I'm gonna fall for a stay at home, goody two shoes like her. I want someone who's wild and dangerous. I've spent my entire life being sheltered. It is past time to lose control." The golden glow of his eyes turned molten for a split second.

Lain laughed spitefully

Lain laughed spitefully

Darnall smiled. "See? That right there, that scorn. That is what I need, but I can't afford to get to the fun stuff until I get over my issues and learn some better spells than a potion to cure teenage boy B.O. in a bedroom. I just need a little time to get it together, and just like that-" He snapped his fingers but the only sound heard was a harsh peel of thunder overhead, that shook the surroubding building slightly and set off car alarms. "Ooh, that was nice."

Darnall smiled. "See? That right there, that scorn. That is what I need, but I can't afford to get to the fun stuff until I get over my issues and learn some better spells than a potion to cure teenage boy B.O. in a bedroom. I just need a little time to get it together, and just like that-" He snapped his fingers but the only sound heard was a harsh peel of thunder overhead, that shook the surroubding building slightly and set off car alarms. "Ooh, that was nice."

Lain was now in many pieces like a stomped dry bones koopa as a couple of hospital windows were cracked.

Lain was now in many pieces like a stomped dry bones koopa as a couple of hospital windows were cracked.

"Oh damn it, Lain! Every single time I get a little excited, my magic has to play the one up game. One sec." Darnall tried not to panic as he flipped through his book for a repair spell of some kind. The first one he found involved reversing minor magical mishaps. "Fingers crossed that accidental weather manipulation falls into that."

"What was done, now undo.

Return all to the last form held true."

He spoke the spell and focused on the words and hoped that his magic could handle the rest. After this, I'm learning to cast spells properly.

"Oh damn it, Lain! Every single time I get a little excited, my magic has to play the one up game. One sec." Darnall tried not to panic as he flipped through his book for a repair spell of some kind. The first one he found involved reversing minor magical mishaps. "Fingers crossed that accidental weather manipulation falls into that."

"What was done, now undo.

Return all to the last form held true."

He spoke the spell and focused on the words and hoped that his magic could handle the rest. After this, I'm learning to cast spells properly.

Lain is unable to respond as his bones were still being melded together while broken windows mended themselves.

Lain is unable to respond as his bones were still being melded together while broken windows mended themselves.

Darnall sighed with relief as he felt the slight tug of energy being deducted to pay for magicks worked. He waited patiently as Lain was repaired. Note to self: no somatic gestures. At least not until I can keep my powers from activating willy-nilly.

Darnall sighed with relief as he felt the slight tug of energy being deducted to pay for magicks worked. He waited patiently as Lain was repaired. Note to self: no somatic gestures. At least not until I can keep my powers from activating willy-nilly.

"Aye! What did you do that for!" Lain explained

"Aye! What did you do that for!" Lain explained

"Sorry Lain. I didn't even mean to do magic. All I did was snap my fingers and the magic did the rest, honest." Darnall explain in a rush while twiddling his fingers. He blushed with embarrassmment and looked down into his lap.

"Sorry Lain. I didn't even mean to do magic. All I did was snap my fingers and the magic did the rest, honest." Darnall explain in a rush while twiddling his fingers. He blushed with embarrassmment and looked down into his lap.

"Eh, it's okay" Lain says "reminds me of Scotland when they were teaching squires there was always a storm or some catastrophe afterwords"

((Gnight. Got an early morning. see ya in about 7 hours))

"Eh, it's okay" Lain says "reminds me of Scotland when they were teaching squires there was always a storm or some catastrophe afterwords"

"I'd rather not see the kind of storm that'd follow a single roll of thunder that bad. It'd probably wreck the entire city in a matter of minutes."

((Gnight. Got an early morning. see ya in about 7 hours))

"I'd rather not see the kind of storm that'd follow a single roll of thunder that bad. It'd probably wreck the entire city in a matter of minutes."

"Aye, it probably would & I'm just standing here hoping some bridal shop doesn't conjure me" Lain said with a laugh.

Cecily paused for a moment.

"A pleasure to meet you both...you wouldn't happen to have any strawberries, would you?" She seemed to blush and smile a bit wider, "They're my favorite, you see, and I happen to have dropped them." 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back